PDA

View Full Version : Death Delver, any good?

Squider
2008-03-18, 07:43 PM
So ya, The death delver from HoH. I'm thinking fluff-wise this is awsome, but it doesn't look like anything at all mechanics wise. although my DM's world has no resurrection magic, what so ever.

So what use is this class? it doesn't seem to actually do anything

DraPrime
2008-03-18, 07:46 PM
It's an interesting prc, but the problem is that there doesn't appear to be a good class to enter it from. None of the spellcasting ones are any good because the class has a seperate spell list. All the melee classes are pretty much out because of the Death Delver's somewhat inferior BAB. Not very many skills, so skill based classes are pretty much of the list. That leaves pretty much nothing good to enter it from. No matter what you try you will be inconvenienced in an irritating way no matter what class you have before.

Starbuck_II
2008-03-18, 07:55 PM
So ya, The death delver from HoH. I'm thinking fluff-wise this is awsome, but it doesn't look like anything at all mechanics wise. although my DM's world has no resurrection magic, what so ever.

So what use is this class? it doesn't seem to actually do anything

Deathward is a nice ability. Yes, the Cleric can cast it on you, but if lack one or something this is a way to have negative immunity.