PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Schools

raistlin807
2008-03-18, 08:39 PM
So I was curious...arcane spellcasters who generally aren't able to access certian spells can do so via the Shadow Evocation and Shadow Conjuration spells...duh. My question is for the purpose of the save DC's If I have hella specilization in Illusion (like Gnome with Greater Spell Focus Illusion) do my victims make their save against my awesome Ilusion DC or just the plain old regular sucky save? And I am aware that there are 2 saves, one to disbeleive the Illusion and a second one if they fail the first. My question is about the second save.

dman11235
2008-03-18, 08:41 PM
What's the school of the spell? Illusion. It's still illusion, though it copies an evocation or conjuration spell.

raistlin807
2008-03-18, 08:51 PM
Let's use Shadow Evocation as an example. My Gnome Illusionit banned Evocation but later on decides he NEEDS to cast fireball. So he finds some schmuck and drop a firey ball of death on him. The initial DC to disbeleive is let's just say 10+4 Int+the level of the spell PLUS 3 (Greater Spell Focus Illusion and being a Gnome is awesome) After all this happy fun the poor stupid peasant fails his Will save to disbeleive. Next he must make a save as if he were hit with the real spell. Is the save still against my ridiculously good Illusion modifier or the weaker normal spell DC?

Maerok
2008-03-18, 10:48 PM
Well it was a really good illusory fireball... So I guess you'd go by the Illusion DC. What I'm wondering is whether they make a Reflex save or not...

SadisticFishing
2008-03-18, 10:51 PM
Well it was a really good illusory fireball... So I guess you'd go by the Illusion DC. What I'm wondering is whether they make a Reflex save or not...

They do. They treat the spell as if it were cast on them normally. But it would go with the Illusion's DC, I'm fairly sure.