PDA

View Full Version : Dinner time (spell)

Orzel
2008-03-18, 09:34 PM
Had a dream

Some guy tried to mug an old guy. The old guy summoned a bear. The bear ate the muggers face and disappear. Then something happened. I won free cupcake somehow.

Snack Attack

Conjuration (Summoning)
Level: Bard 3, Drd 3, Rgr 3
Components: V, S, F/DF
Casting Time: 1 round
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect: One or more creature summoned creatures, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart
Duration: 1 round
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell summons a number of creatures. They appear where you designate and acts immediately, on your turn. They attack your opponents to the best of its ability but prefer to used bite attacks if avaiable.

A summoned monster cannot summon or otherwise conjure another creature, nor can it use any teleportation or planar travel abilities. Creatures cannot be summoned into an environment that cannot support them.

The spell conjures any number of creatures. The sum of the HD of these creature cannot exceed 10. You choose which kind of creature to summon, and you can change that choice each time you cast the spell. All the creatures summoned by this spell must be an animal, magical beast, or vermin.

Bonus!

Cupcake

Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Sor/Wiz 0
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 minute
Range: 0 ft.
Effect: 1 cupcake
Duration: 1 hour/level (D)

You create a cupcake. You choose its flavor and whether it has icing and/or sprinkles. The cupcake is low sodium.

Material Component
a pinch of salt

sonofzeal
2008-03-18, 09:52 PM
1) Can the cupcake be poisonous?

2) Snack Attack's ability to summon Magical Beasts is potentially dangerous. A number of Magical Beasts have high CR for their HD, and while they're only there for a single turn, there's got to be ways to exploit that. Phase Wasps, maybe? What were their HD?

BRC
2008-03-18, 09:53 PM
Cupcake is the best spell ever!

Collin152
2008-03-18, 10:15 PM
Low Sodium?
Good day, sir!

sonofzeal
2008-03-18, 10:47 PM
"I summon an arsenic-flavored cupcake!"

Collin152
2008-03-18, 10:48 PM
"I summon an arsenic-flavored cupcake!"

Oh, it's okay. It's only arsenic-flavored. No arsenic included.

sonofzeal
2008-03-18, 10:54 PM
Ah, that's okay them.

Can the toppings contain potassium benzoate ? :smalleek:

Ninjalitude
2008-03-18, 10:56 PM

Its like the lead flavored toys my parents bought me as a child....

BRC
2008-03-18, 10:59 PM
I just realized an Exploit, it says the cupcake can be summoned without frosting or sprinkles. That is not a cupcake, that is a muffin. Therefore this spell can effectivly duplicate Summon Muffin, a 2nd level spell.

Ninjalitude
2008-03-18, 11:14 PM
I just realized an Exploit, it says the cupcake can be summoned without frosting or sprinkles. That is not a cupcake, that is a muffin. Therefore this spell can effectivly duplicate Summon Muffin, a 2nd level spell.

HIT IT WITH THE HAX STICK!!!!1!!1! (breaking useless spells FTW)

Collin152
2008-03-18, 11:17 PM

muffins typically contain less sugar.

BRC
2008-03-18, 11:24 PM
muffins typically contain less sugar.

True...Oh, and I checked some erratas, apparentally summon muffin was always intended to be a 0th level spell, it was misprinted as second level in Complete Baker

Ninjalitude
2008-03-18, 11:26 PM
True...Oh, and I checked some erratas, apparentally summon muffin was always intended to be a 0th level spell, it was misprinted as second level in Complete Baker

oh nice, that rule glitch was right up there with the anti-osmium nuke! :smalltongue:

Collin152
2008-03-18, 11:29 PM

Complete baker was 3'd edition anyways, wasn't it?
Explains why Mithril Chef was so brokenly overpowered.

Mewtarthio
2008-03-18, 11:31 PM
Mithril Chef was not overpowered! :smallfurious: Seriously, I'm sick of people saying this all the time. The culinary classes are all underpowered next to full casters, and CB just gave them all the boost they needed to compete!

Collin152
2008-03-18, 11:33 PM
Mithril Chef was not overpowered! :smallfurious: Seriously, I'm sick of people saying this all the time. The culinary classes are all underpowered next to full casters, and CB just gave them all the boost they needed to compete!

Mithril chef gave them spellcasting level abilities in addition to their cooking!

Ninjalitude
2008-03-18, 11:33 PM

oh Puh-leeze Mithral chef was the new monk for crying out loud :smallamused:

Stormthorn
2008-03-18, 11:39 PM

Yea, but if you use the Kick it Up A Notch metamagic it is cast at second level anyways. And why would you cast that spell without the proper metamagic to optomize it?

Edit: I was a Saladborn, Saucerer 7/Flambeist 4 so dont argue with me.

BRC
2008-03-18, 11:42 PM
oh Puh-leeze Mithral chef was the new monk for crying out loud :smallamused:
Not neccissarily, if you gave one Rapid Baking (CB P:65) and bought an Amulet of Almonds (CB pg 82) it could get pretty powerful.
@ stormthorn: Dunno, my DM banned Kick it Up a Notch.

Collin152
2008-03-18, 11:43 PM
Not neccissarily, if you gave one Rapid Baking (CB P:65) and bought an Amulet of Almonds (CB pg 82) it could get pretty powerful.

Amulet of Almonds made them all better.
Who'd play without one?

sonofzeal
2008-03-18, 11:46 PM
Amulet of Almonds made them all better.
Who'd play without one?
Unfortunately, the DM gave my Mithril Chef the Nut Allergy flaw to help "balance" the class.

What do you suggest I wear instead? It's too late to retrain out of the class.... :smallfrown:

BRC
2008-03-18, 11:49 PM
See if your DM will let you buy a wand of Flour to Cake Flour, (or just learn the spell yourself), then take the feat Improved Desserts and an Amulet of Ice Cream.

Mewtarthio
2008-03-18, 11:56 PM
See if your DM will let you buy a wand of Flour to Cake Flour, (or just learn the spell yourself), then take the feat Improved Desserts and an Amulet of Ice Cream.

Uh, oh, somebody call Admiral Ackbar, 'cause it's a trap! Seriously, Improved Desserts is a waste of a feat. Just take a dip in the Elemental Chef PrC for Affinity (Fire), and you can stick with creme brulees ever after.

Oh, and fyi, Imp Desserts and the Amulet of Ice Cream don't stack. It's in the errata.

BRC
2008-03-18, 11:57 PM
Uh, oh, somebody call Admiral Ackbar, 'cause it's a trap! Seriously, Improved Desserts is a waste of a feat. Just take a dip in the Elemental Chef PrC for Affinity (Fire), and you can stick with creme brulees ever after.

Oh, and fyi, Imp Desserts and the Amulet of Ice Cream don't stack. It's in the errata.
Really? Geeze there goes my next build, I was going to go for a Pastry Chef5/Cream Master5

Collin152
2008-03-19, 12:00 AM
I just recommend going into Envoy of Dionyseus. Just till level 5, after that the intoxication DC's get too messed up to be worthwhile.

BRC
2008-03-19, 12:08 AM
I just recommend going into Envoy of Dionyseus. Just till level 5, after that the intoxication DC's get too messed up to be worthwhile.
Nah, we already have an Envoy of Dionyseus. Hmm, Maybe I'll go Pastry Chef until I qualify for Chocomancer.

sonofzeal
2008-03-19, 12:12 AM
Nah, we already have an Envoy of Dionyseus. Hmm, Maybe I'll go Pastry Chef until I qualify for Chocomancer.
You'll suffer from MAD that route though. If you really want to go Chocomancer, I highly recommend using Cheesemeister for the Fondue Bonus synergy.

BRC
2008-03-19, 12:14 AM
You'll suffer from MAD that route though. If you really want to go Chocomancer, I highly recommend using Cheesemeister for the Fondue Bonus synergy.
I already rolled up my stats, I got a 16 and 17 so the MAD shouldn't be a problem. Besides, my DM uses the optional Spoiling rules for cheesemeisters, which makes them really annoying to play.

Collin152
2008-03-19, 12:17 AM
Hurray for improv games!

Nomadic
2008-03-19, 02:38 AM
Question. Anybody know the best route to go for a rolling pin focused pastry chef? Of course there is the obvious ones like Lucky Roll and Diabetic Substitution: Splenda. I am just curious if anyone has any ideas on an advanced build setup.

ChazFox
2008-03-19, 05:47 AM
Question from a new and interested player:

What class might I want to pick if I were interested in making cheesecake? :smalltongue:

Stycotl
2008-03-19, 11:39 PM
well on the one hand, i was embarrased that i found this whole dialogue so funny.

but on the other hand, i really did find it pretty funny. you can all take a bow.

aaron out.

Nomadic
2008-03-20, 04:02 AM

What class might I want to pick if I were interested in making cheesecake? :smalltongue:

That would actually be the pastry chef's area of expertise. Cheesecake falls under their summon desert ability. Just don't forget to take the cake decoration feat. That makes your cheesecakes even more deadly.

BRC
2008-03-25, 08:42 PM
That would actually be the pastry chef's area of expertise. Cheesecake falls under their summon desert ability. Just don't forget to take the cake decoration feat. That makes your cheesecakes even more deadly.
If you want to focus on cheesecake, I would suggjest going Pastry Chef/Cheesemeister.

Pie Guy
2008-03-26, 08:40 PM
But where is the spell that lets you eat your dinner without cooking it?

sonofzeal
2008-03-26, 08:58 PM
But where is the spell that lets you eat your dinner without cooking it?
Not sure about spells, but there's always the Ring of Intestinal Fortitude +5....

lothofkalroth
2008-03-27, 12:44 AM
if the cupcake and or muffin is low sodium, then why is the material component a pinch of salt? :smallconfused:

Pie Guy
2008-03-27, 06:42 AM
Salt makes the world go round!

Collin152
2008-03-27, 05:15 PM
if the cupcake and or muffin is low sodium, then why is the material component a pinch of salt? :smallconfused:

For the chlorine, obviously.

sonofzeal
2008-03-27, 05:28 PM
Also, the secret to optimized low-sodium foods is to not leave salt out entirely, which is why Skill Focus: Micro-measurement is so valuable.

Lev
2010-09-05, 05:58 AM
Cake

Illusion (Glam)
Level: Sor/Wiz 1
Casting Time: Standard
Range: 10 ft.
Duration: 5 Minutes/level (D)
You create an illusion of a cake 9" radius by 6" height, you may choose the scent, design and may put any number of illusionary candles on it.
While near this illusionary cake you gain +8 to bluff checks regarding cake.

Material Component
A small cube adorning a heart symbol.

Beelzebub1111
2010-09-05, 06:56 AM
The Cupcakes only last for a very short time...You should probably give them an instantaneous duration. That way, they won't vanish inside an anti-magic field.

Also, Snack Attack can be a bit broken, do they get a standard attack or a full attack...That, and Magical beast leaves open 10-headed hydras for 10 1d10+5 bite attacks, at +14 each.

So that gives a fifth level character a potential 10d10+50 damage spell not including any critical hits.

Peregrine
2010-09-05, 11:20 AM
This thread just made my whole weekend. :smallbiggrin:

I think there's a thread over in the Roleplaying Games forum that's turning into a handbook on this sort of build. Well, that's what I got from the thread title, anyway...

Chaos117
2010-10-13, 04:58 PM
Edited for clarity:

Cake

Illusion (Glam)
Level: Sor/Wiz 1
Casting Time: Standard
Range: 10 ft.
Duration: 5 Minutes/level (D)
Saving Throw: Will disbelief

You create an illusion of a cake up to 18" in diameter and 6" high. You may choose the scent, design and may put any number of illusory candles on it.
While near this illusory cake you gain +8 to bluff checks regarding cake.

Material Component
A small cube adorned with a heart symbol.

Response: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXzr5iwGFfE&feature=player_embedded

:elan:

Heliomance
2010-10-13, 05:49 PM
Wow, I've never heard of Complete Baker before, I'll have to look it up. Is anyone running a game in the PbP forums? It sounds awesome.
This is the internet, so just in case I'll confirm that I do know this is a joke. Except the bit about being interested in a game. That's real.

Maralais
2011-01-30, 01:11 PM
I almost fell from the chair laughing.

Vaynor
2011-01-30, 04:07 PM
The Red Towel: Thread necromancy.