PDA

View Full Version : An interesting campaign idea

Lord Tataraus
2008-03-18, 09:39 PM
So I had this great idea for a campaign (at least I think it's great).

It could be run in any modern to cyberpunk system (I plan on using CP2020) that is reasonably gritty. The overall theme is that the characters each have a unique power of psionic nature (maybe a set of related ones). They are the only ones, or the only ones except the main enemies with these abilities. I don't know if it would work better as either escapees from a secret lab running from the government, maybe hiring themselves out as mercs, or if they would be highly trained and "created" black ops.

Either way, does it sound interesting? I'm sure its been done before, but still, do you think it would be fun and if so, would you prefer to have a power assigned to you before or after character creation?

FlyMolo
2008-03-18, 09:48 PM
That would be fun. Marvel superheroes style, almost.

At will, or per-day?

I think I'd like to be a part of this campaign. I always liked psionics.

BRC
2008-03-18, 09:51 PM
If they are Escapees, name them the P-team.

Lord Tataraus
2008-03-18, 09:56 PM
That would be fun. Marvel superheroes style, almost.

At will, or per-day?

I think I'd like to be a part of this campaign. I always liked psionics.

Well, yeah kind of. I was thinking some sort of at will but with a drawback. With CP2020 I'd make each use cause temporary Humanity loss and 0 humanity means you are consumed by power, literally blown to pieces.

Scintillatus
2008-03-18, 09:56 PM
Sort of like Heroes?

I'd certainly participate in such a thing. Before character creation really makes more sense - it means people can build an iconic character around it, instead of being Captain Strong with the power of being really persuasive.

Dragonmuncher
2008-03-19, 12:00 AM
I like the escapees thing- they're the only ones with these powers, they don't know why, and the government was experimenting on them to figure out what makes them tick.

Tsotha-lanti
2008-03-19, 07:00 AM
It sounds like a cool idea, although I urge you to try Ex Machina or something as a system. CP2020 is fun as a system (and combat even makes sense if you use the alternate combat rules from Listen Up, You Primitive Screwheads!), but not very flexible or, uh, good.

Also, GURPS, if you can stand it.

At least you're not using CP203X, though. Ugggh.

Lord Tataraus
2008-03-19, 10:49 PM
The rationalization for powers assigned after character creation would be that the powers manifested later in life or where given to them. The are supposed to be mostly minor augmentations, not uber strength or Scanners-esque psionic blasts.

The main reasons I plan on using CP2020 is 1) I have it and my group likes it and knows it well, 2) I don't exactly have the money or time to learn a new, more appropriate system, 3) it is my favorite system of all time :smallbiggrin: I find many people either love or hate it, well, my group and I love it.

Stormcrow
2008-03-19, 11:06 PM
Dark Angel?

Lord Tataraus
2008-03-19, 11:18 PM
Dark Angel?

....actually, yes, exactly like that. I have never seen nor heard of that show/movie before, I've gotta look more into that, thanks!

(I knew someone had thought of it before)

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2008-03-19, 11:57 PM
That sounds familiar (http://avatarcomic.net/). . .