View Full Version : Arena Tournament, Round 33: Garrow vs TEMBWBAM

ArenaManager
2008-03-19, 01:58 AM
Arena Tournament, Round 33: Garrow vs. TEMBWBAM

Map:
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee221/Kyace/glasshouse.png

XP Award: 300 XP
GP Award: 300 GP

Garrow - Fishy (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=8911)
Talic - TEMBWBAM (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=2880)

All Combatants, please roll initiative.

Talic
2008-03-19, 02:11 AM
We meet again. This time, you seem to have brought a combatant with a bit of bite. Heh.

Initiative: [roll0]

Will purchase in a bit, once I get home and figure out what I want for swag.

Fishy
2008-03-19, 07:55 AM
And yet, I can't shake the feeling that it's not actually going to help. :P

Init: [roll0]

Also, no purchases. May the best shapeshifter win!

Talic
2008-03-19, 09:56 AM
I'll craft 2 Alchemist's fire, and 2 tindertwigs. That'll be all. Make reactive purchases, if you wish.

Round 1, part 1

Begin in Y14, with a smokestick and tindertwig in one hand, and a flask in the other.

Free:Ah ha ha ha ha ha! Sixty seconds till midnight…sixty seconds to nowhere, baby! You have all become victims of the Evil Midnight Bomber what bombs…Hey! Pay attention!

Move: South, putting 2 glass panes between us, for the total concealment that I love so much.
Hide: [roll0]
MS: [roll1]
My movement is a double move to S23.

Your go, Garrow...

Hey! Wait a second... My guy isn't a shapeshifter! Why you... heh.

Fishy
2008-03-19, 10:22 PM
No money, no purchases. Starting B14 with Guisarme in hand, and chain around neck.

Garrow: Round 1

Free action: Rouh?

Move action: Move to C22.
Move action: Spot check: [roll0]

statblock:Position: C22
HP: 15/15
AC: 16, Touch: 12
Saves: +4/+2/+1
Unused Rages/Shifts: 1/2

Done. Freakin' stealthmonkeys.

Bayar
2008-03-20, 01:48 AM
Ref Bayar

@refs:
According to PHM, you have total concealment when you have LOE but not LOS, like when your opponent is in shadows. So how do you get total concealment from a panel of glass again ?

chilepepper
2008-03-20, 04:18 AM
ref chilepepper

@refs(no need to spoiler)

So the question is, how does two planes of glass provide Total Concealment.

If you have line of effect to a target but not line of sight he is considered to have total concealment from you. I always assumed the glass in this arena is either tinted or distorts light (like bathroom glass). One pane partial obstructs vision or distorts the image, respectively. Two panes blocks LoS from too much distortion. Since the glass blocks LoE and two panes blocks LoS, the miss chance part of concealment doesn't really apply. The important part is, 2 panes = no LoS.

and while I'm here...

chilepepper
2008-03-20, 04:24 AM
ref chilepepper

@refs Garrow gets a reactive spot [roll0] as he moves to the 21 row. Though it's not good enough to see his opponent so the rest of his move goes unaltered.

@Garrowno LoS
@TEMBWhateverYou see you opponent walk south to C22 and then he takes time to look around.

Talic
2008-03-20, 05:56 AM
Round 2 - Part 1

My action:

Garrow can't reach me on the this round, so I gots one more good round of fun. But GRRR, that reach is gonna KILL me if I'm not careful.

Move from S23 to P25.
Standard Light Smokestick w/ tindertwig,
Free: drop in square intersection to cover O25-P26.

As part of move: Hide [roll0]
MS: [roll1]

End turn. Need LOS, as I'm sure you saw something. :)

Bayar
2008-03-20, 06:30 AM
Ref Bayar

@Garrow:
You see that the squares P26-O25 are now covered in smoke. No opponent.

@TEMBWBAM:
he is in C22

Fishy
2008-03-21, 10:01 PM
Again, Freakin' Stealthmonkeys.

Garrow- Round 2

Free Action: Shift, Double move to P25
Done.

Statblock: HP: 15/15
AC: 16, Touch: 12
Saves: +4/+2/+1
Unused Rages/Shifts: 1/1
Shift: 1/9

chilepepper
2008-03-22, 05:01 AM
refsNot sure how illegal moves like this are adjudicated. Garrow would bump into TEMB.
The fog smoke obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature within 5 feet has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). There's no way Garrow would spot TEMB. Does Garrow bump into TEMB and end up in O25?

Bayar
2008-03-22, 07:01 AM
refs:
Tehnically it is an illegal move. Fisy would need to redo his moves to not bump into opponents. But would moving through the darkness count as hampered movement? it is poor visibility (twice movement cost).

Talic
2008-03-22, 06:21 PM
Due to an oversight in the rules that was pointed out to me thoughtfully by bayar, preparing to throw splash weapons is a Full-Round action (as if the concept could be gimped any more, sheesh).

In light of that, I concede my current match here.

Now I shall let TEMBWBAM die a quiet, dignified death.

Fishy
2008-03-22, 08:09 PM
Wow, that's unfortunate.

Kyeudo
2008-03-23, 01:04 AM
GM Kyeudo

Due to an oversight in the rules that was pointed out to me thoughtfully by bayar, preparing to throw splash weapons is a Full-Round action (as if the concept could be gimped any more, sheesh).

In light of that, I concede my current match here.

Now I shall let TEMBWBAM die a quiet, dignified death.

As far as I can determine, the "Prepare to throw splash weapon" action is only for improvised splash weapons such as oil flasks, not for regular splash weapons. If you still want to forfeit though, I'll call the match.

Talic
2008-03-23, 01:57 AM
Yeah, TEMBWBAM isn't nearly as fun as I thought he'd be. Look for AquaManny, coming from the ashes of TEMBWBAM. He'll be statted up this morning.

theterran
2008-03-24, 11:26 AM
Ref Terran

Garrow is declared the winner by forfeit. and gets the l00t.

Atleast you didn't fall down constantly :smallwink: