PDA

View Full Version : True20?

Ascension
2008-03-19, 02:07 AM
So, I skimmed through the True20 core rulebook today, and I must say I liked what I saw. I found the save against damage concept, the use of the bare modifiers instead of the typical d20 ability scores, the near classlessness of streamlining everything to three archetypes, and the lack of experience points highly fascinating and highly appealing. What little I read of the sample settings seemed interesting too. The two things I wish I'd read closely that I didn't really have time to linger on were the feat list (since everybody gets twenty, I'd be disappointed if there weren't at least that many good ones) and the supernatural powers list (to check its balance against the D&D magic system).

All in all it I think it looked like quite a worthy adaptation of the d20 system, but, as I said, I didn't spend nearly enough time with it to be sure of balance, etc.. Have any of you played True20? Would you recommend it?

Starsinger
2008-03-19, 02:30 AM
My only experience was a quick game of Mutants and Masterminds... and I'm not entirely sure how different it is from the other true20 games, but I enjoyed myself.