PDA

View Full Version : 541 place your bets!

pendell
2008-03-19, 06:18 AM
As specified, the name of the game is Dead or Alive? Place bets in any imaginary currency you please.

I put 500 Zorkmids and 1 cubic meter of Endurium on "Alive". I don't bet against an epic-level sorcerer lich. Not often, anyway.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

dish
2008-03-19, 07:05 AM
I think I have to agree with you there. If Xykon says he's alive (with negative hit points) then he probably is.

Niknokitueu
2008-03-19, 07:06 AM
What are the parameters of the bet? If you take a long enough view, they are all going to die eventually (mind you, Xykon has already died... :smallbiggrin:)

Assuming you mean survive the immediate dunking, I predict either of the following:

1) Redcloak stops him from being dunked at all, as he has information that Redcloak has yet to retrieve.
2) Redcloak arrives just after O'Chul dies, for comedic effect.

Hmm. As that is two bets, I'll chuck 50gp on O'Chul buying the farm if (and only if) he gets dunked.
Side bet proposal: you get 2+ panels of O'Chul kicking the bucket off-screen whilst Xykon gives a running commentary, to be interrupted by Redcloak for comedic effect.
Have Fun!
Niknokitueu

Tempest Fennac
2008-03-19, 07:19 AM
I bet 3 Shinies and 5 Sparklies (there are 6 Sparklies in 1 Shiny: I thought up the names myself, and there's about £2 to 1 Shiny) that he will survive with positive HPs.

Rethorn
2008-03-19, 07:23 AM
I'm going to bet that he'll survive, because he's just that damn tough.

pendell
2008-03-19, 07:32 AM
Rethorn, what are you betting?

Niknokitueu, your side bet is on! I've learned the hard way never to get too predictive in what the Giant will do for comedic effect. It could be less than or more than that number of panels, and it is quite likely. I can't lose!

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Yendor
2008-03-19, 07:33 AM
1000 Zorkmids and 20,000 Meat on O-chul escaping, with or without help.

Roderick_BR
2008-03-19, 07:43 AM
I'm with Rethorn. 100gp, and one new flame tongue long sword (who cames up with these names?), that O'Chul will come out alive.
If the equivalent to a nuclear explosion didn't kill him, what chance a tank with acid, acid-breathing sharks, and spikes at bottom, have?

Zencao
2008-03-19, 08:18 AM
I put 500 mismatched pairs of socks on living via dues ex machina!

Shades of Gray
2008-03-19, 08:24 AM
I bet all your money, Yeah, epic rogue, that O-chul lives.

side-proposal:somewhere in his dunking he will make a comment on the shark being written by an old hack

side-proposal #2: His mount makes an appearance.

Zordrath
2008-03-19, 08:39 AM
I place my entire fortune of four Triganic Ningis on O-Chul surviving. Negative hit points might be a possibility.

Holammer
2008-03-19, 08:42 AM
I bet my soul he'll Bubble Hearthstone out of there. That's right, Rich will "upgrade" the setting to World of Warcraft instead of 4E.

I'm a hardcore atheist, so don't worry, the bet is just in jest.

Forealms
2008-03-19, 08:55 AM
I'll bet a handful of chicken nuggets and 173,000 CP that Mr. Stiffly will kick it.

(I like using small change. It drives cashiers crazy.)

OverWilliam
2008-03-19, 09:11 AM
I've got three copper pieces on Ochuul singlehandedly and completely unarmed and unarmored KILLING the shark. That's not to say that he actually survives the whole thing, but the shark is definitely going to bite it. :smallamused:

yoshi927
2008-03-19, 09:15 AM
Hey, Alive is the safe bet. O-Chul survived a castle blowing, he's got the CON to hit this. Come on, O-Chul.

ChazFox
2008-03-19, 09:16 AM
I bet 10gp and a piece of chalk on alive, but with negative HP.

random11
2008-03-19, 09:20 AM
I'll bet against the house with "runs away safely".

No logical reason for this bet, but two good emotional reasons:

1) Come on, there is a limit to how much one NPC can be seen suffering! :smallmad:

2) I want the mitd to got his monopoly money. :smallredface:

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-03-19, 09:32 AM
O-Chul will survive! The acid will burn through the ropes faster than his flesh, then he will ride the shark over the tank walls, making his escape.

Or maybe Thahn will burst in to rescue O-Chul.

Actually, that's the one I'm going with. Thahn to the rescue! 5cp and an old, bent Italian 1 Lira piece.

Szilard
2008-03-19, 09:38 AM
50 Foreint he'll survive. I never bet against evil liches with epic spells.

TRM
2008-03-19, 09:42 AM
1 goat and 7 pounds' worth of goat's milk that he escapes in positive HP. I'll bet another 650 coppers that either he kills the guards en route to his escape or a deux ex machina appears just in time.
I mean, after a line like MiTD's, he just has to escape:smallsigh:

pendell
2008-03-19, 09:50 AM
I'm a hardcore atheist, so don't worry, the bet is just in jest.

That's good, because I haven't the foggiest idea how to collect on that bet anyway. Does it include a X,0000 GP sapphire in the deal? We could kill you and soul bind your soul into the gem. Then you can be a conversation piece on someone's coffee table.

"What a nice gem. Where did you get it?"
"That's the immortal soul of one Holammer. He bet against me and lost."
"...."

On the plus side, it's just the sort of thing one would want on someone's CEO desk.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Deepblue706
2008-03-19, 09:54 AM
O'Chul shall survive.

I bet One Million (error: Denomination417 not found).

Wych
2008-03-19, 11:04 AM
17 puppies' tears on O'chul surviving and the shark dieing.

Alex Warlorn
2008-03-19, 01:10 PM
Alive but negative hit points. (Xykon KNOWS how to gamble.)

Mauve Shirt
2008-03-19, 03:13 PM
I bet 17,000,000 Meat on O-Chul surviving!

David Argall
2008-03-19, 04:59 PM
Alive but negative hit points. (Xykon KNOWS how to gamble.)

1 internet bragging rights on alive, with positive hp, until Xykon hits him with a spell that knocks him into the negatives. Xykon also knows how to cheat.

dbat19
2008-03-19, 05:02 PM
3 soulstone on alive and walk out happily!

Chronos
2008-03-19, 06:39 PM
I'll bet:

One apple core (heck, the whole apple), one kite (in good repair), a dead rat and a string to swing it with, twelve marbles, part of a jew's-harp, a piece of blue bottle glass to look through, a spool cannon, a key that won't unlock anything, a fragment of chalk, a glass stopper of a decanter, a tin soldier, a couple of tadpoles, six firecrackers, a kitten with one eye, a brass doorknob, a dog collar (but no dog), the handle of a knife, four pieces of orange peel, and a dilapidated window sash

on surviving, by virtue of the Monster in the Dark being so upset at losing (again) that he throws a temper tantrum and breaks open the tank.

Paladin29
2008-03-19, 06:54 PM
I Bet all my riches in the following hypothesis: O-Chul knows the language of the acid-breathing sharks and have psionic abilities... with telepathy he´ll speak to the shark to help him with the two hobgoblins... after that the shark will morph in a beauty young elf, who´ll teleport herself with the paladin to a random Magic Elven Forest.. of course Xykon will laugh to death.. well, you know what I mean..

P.S. If I win, i swear i´ll shave my head XD

ChaoticEvilGuy
2008-03-19, 06:57 PM
3/4 of my gps goes on dies, The Giants been kinda dark in his comics latly and also how would the resistance get in to Xykon's tower that fast and know where to go?
the rest of my gp goes on the resistance saves him at the last moment, because what if this isn't Xykon's tower and is just a stage for a TV show. But mainly because, I want to believe it:smallfrown:

_Puppetmaster_
2008-03-19, 07:27 PM
I bet 479 brains in tupperware that he lives, with or without nagative hp

silversaraph
2008-03-19, 07:45 PM
If Belkar has been splashed by acid, several times, and most likely in a REAL attempt to kill him, (as in not in a game show) don't you think a fairly high level paladin wouldn't be hurt too much? Also, take into account that Belkar was probably a much lower level, and we're guessing that o-chul is at LEAST 10+. even taking into account the spikes and sharks, if they're just going to pull him out, I'm guessing he's going to be alive, so..

Ten shillings, gold, neopoints (eww), meat, mesos, and ponies on him being alive with positive hit points!

Unless, of course, Xykon cheats. which he probably will.:smallbiggrin:

Oh, yes, don't forget that O'chul so far has been a comic relief character, because of the irony that he's a generally a serious person. Rich needs him alive.

Parvum
2008-03-19, 08:49 PM
14 moneys and three of your dignities that he lives, escapes, and lives miserably ever after as he is returned to a fate worse than death.

40 moneys if I can have 'the MitD gets him'.

Ceric
2008-03-19, 09:15 PM
One apple core (heck, the whole apple), one kite (in good repair), a dead rat and a string to swing it with, twelve marbles, part of a jew's-harp, a piece of blue bottle glass to look through, a spool cannon, a key that won't unlock anything, a fragment of chalk, a glass stopper of a decanter, a tin soldier, a couple of tadpoles, six firecrackers, a kitten with one eye, a brass doorknob, a dog collar (but no dog), the handle of a knife, four pieces of orange peel, and a dilapidated window sash

I got to about "a string to swing it with" before I recognized it and started laughing. :smallsmile:

7 galvorn pieces that O-chu makes it out of the tank alive but dying.
Then the bad guys will stand around waiting to see if he dies or not, because then Xykon doesn't win the bet and they do.

dogmac
2008-03-19, 09:30 PM
One fluffy bunny on "O'chul houdini"

Kol Korran
2008-03-19, 09:34 PM
well. first of all i realy would have liked to win Chronos's loot:

One apple core (heck, the whole apple), one kite (in good repair), a dead rat
and a string to swing it with, twelve marbles, part of a jew's-harp, a piece of blue bottle glass to look through, a spool cannon, a key that won't unlock anything, a fragment of chalk, a glass stopper of a decanter, a tin soldier, a couple of tadpoles, six firecrackers, a kitten with one eye, a brass doorknob, a dog collar (but no dog), the handle of a knife, four pieces of orange peel, and a dilapidated window sash

i mean it. realy- much more appealing than a lot of gold and stuff. this loot got CHARACTER, it got STLYE, it got HISTORY. (hhhmmm, the same could be said about a fish fossil, but still). just promise me one thing Chronos (insert a sient sob and tear here)- make sure the dog collar gets a good home...

anyway, in the spirit of said person, here is my bet: one sanity (including the voices telling you to take the kitchen knife), one world domination coupon (it's a dead world sure, but you don't need to pay rent), a pool of cruel gruel (without a stool), an opera singing vulture, a cow intestine eating opera singer (i told him "mark the brain jars!" you can't trust assitent thee days), 100 bottles of beer on the wall, um make it 99 bottles of, i mean 98, i mean... (you can't trust the shelf builders either), a permenantly implanted rectal camera (for those night when there's nothing to watch on TV), one school of Sting loving cubazoids (" they especially like the "i'm a jelly fish, i'm a legal jellifish!...), one d10 cube with split personality ("i signify double digits! no, single digits!), one d20 with an inferiority complex ("why doesn't anybody want to use me? i don't ALWAYS role natural ones! it's all superstition!"), one d20 with trust issues ("i know i showed a 6, why does the DM said he rolled 18?"). one note with the answer to all of life puzzling mysteries ("did it mention Brocolli? and... what? you can't be serious! hmm, makes sense actually), one note with more questions emenating form the answer to all of life's puzzling mysteries ("so where did i put my keys?"), one wand of destroying wands, one half eaten chili (bred from a fully eaten chili and a human. +2 gross, +2 smell, -4 survivability, can see in the gut, immunity to musterd, +2 to "shield meat" proffesion), one greaser of monkeys ("career day my ass!"), 3 decks of many things, the wreckege of the ship "many things" (minus the decks), 70 vergins (400 year old blind dwarves who joined a nunnery at a young age), one bottomless chasm, one topless chasm ("see the chasm twins at your local stripper bar"), and one mind empty of silly ideas...

oh, right, i was supposed to bet on SOMETHING. well, it can go either way (Xykon does bet good and he's a cheater, but he also loses interest over any little distraction... the MiTD might do something, but then again- it might not, and so on).
anyway, i vote he liiivvvvves! why? because i like him! why else? because he is bloody paralized- therefor, comedy wise- he must live! and lastly- i just damn well feel like it...

dps
2008-03-19, 09:34 PM
6 quatloons on "alive".

Flickerdart
2008-03-19, 09:40 PM
I'm with Xykon on this one. Whatever the case, that Paladin isn't getting out of there with positive HP.

baf
2008-03-19, 10:01 PM
The one outcome that has the greatest dramatic irony would be the MitD winning. Therefore that is what will happen.

So certain am I of this that I will be twelve thousand Hyrulean rupees.

bibliophile
2008-03-19, 10:16 PM
I got to about "a string to swing it with" before I recognized it and started laughing. :smallsmile:

7 galvorn pieces that O-chu makes it out of the tank alive but dying.
Then the bad guys will stand around waiting to see if he dies or not, because then Xykon doesn't win the bet and they do.

I remembered the apple core, but not the rest of it. Sawyer has epic levels of bluff.

Hmm, I bet a bit of guano and sulphur on survival. Ochul survived the destruction of a CASTLE, that cut miko, tough enough to fight (almost) the whole Order alone, in HALF! And Ochul lived.

Ikialev
2008-03-20, 01:30 PM
Okai, I bet my Windows 95 that he would be dead, with (+)10 HP. ^^

Grim ranger
2008-03-20, 01:46 PM
30 hobgoblin corpses, two potions of bull's strength and 100 gold pieces on O-chul killing the shark and making it out of the tank with positive hit points

2 daggers and 15 arrows on him biting it before redcloac or any other factor can come to aid

snoopy13a
2008-03-20, 01:53 PM
The one outcome that has the greatest dramatic irony would be the MitD winning. Therefore that is what will happen.

I wonder if the roaches have enough "real monopoly money" to pay him off if he wins :smalltongue:

Ganurath
2008-03-20, 01:54 PM
I'll bet a dead bird that O'Chul lives.

Alex Warlorn
2008-03-20, 04:23 PM

People want to be let down, not surprised. They like seeing other people fail because it excuses their own failures real and imaginary.

I bet on Alive but Negative HP instead of dead because I'm a fool.

moret
2008-03-20, 08:43 PM
I bet Park Place, Boardwalk and a Get Out of Jail Free Card on alive, with positive hit points, and a massive resistance group rescue team confronting Xykon after a "how the resistance got so far" flashback. Now if they defeat Xykon, or if they just bother him enough to break the Cloister and shake things up, it's another guess...

Remirach
2008-03-20, 08:56 PM
The Fool, the Empress, the Wheel of Fortune and the Chariot on O-chul surviving... with 0 HP.

Rare Pink Leech
2008-03-20, 10:00 PM
I'll bet $50,000, my as-yet-unborn first son, a chicken pot pie, an apple pie, and my copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl that O-Chul will survive.

Sixscimitars
2008-03-21, 01:10 AM
A planet made entirely from platinum ore on him living. I'd say it'd cost around 2 centillion gp, or 2x10 to the power of 600.

NENAD
2008-03-21, 01:29 AM
I bet O-Chul's life that he lives.

I can't lose!

pendell
2008-03-21, 01:37 AM
A planet made entirely from platinum ore on him living. I'd say it'd cost around 2 centillion gp, or 2x10 to the power of 600.

HA! Just for that I'll raise my bet ... I grant the mineral rights to the entire Beta Persei star system, in perpetuity. If O-chul lives.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Roc Ness
2008-03-21, 05:38 AM
Alive! We have yet to find what link he holds with Roy! Besides, Redcloak probably won't let him die yet for the sake of adding insult to injury.

betting comic 12 of The Book :smallbiggrin: (made myself, take it or leave it)

Lunchtime RPG 2007 (copyright)

Forrest the Wizard is me (cos I was him in the RPG)

El Leik Jou
2008-03-21, 07:44 AM
I will bet sixty-six souls somebody interrupts just before O-Chul is dunked into the stuff, and begin making a hour-long speech. In the middle of the speech Xykon WILL get irritated and kill the guy with a spell. Ending the speech. And then when everyone looks back... O-Chul and the hobgoblins is gone.

netdroid9
2008-03-21, 08:07 AM
I bet the quadratic formula on O-chul surviving, but only because he gets resurrected by Xykon (bugging Redcloak) for a second dipping.

V Junior
2008-03-21, 12:52 PM
Let's get my money system sorted beforehand:

1 naymaark = 20p
15 naymaarks = 1 tracamaark
1 tracamaark = £3
17 tracamaarks = 1 trusmaark
1 trusmaark = £51

Of course, where nay-, traca- and trusmaarks are used, £51 is a heck of a lot of cash...

So. 14 naymaarks, 16 tracamaarks and 5 trusmaarks (I'm rich) on 'Last minute save by Resistance/Celia', 6 trusmaarks (which is a naymaark higher than the last bet) on 'Dead', and 1 trusmaark on 'Alive, but negative hitpoints'. That's right, I'm betting £611.80 on this. Or for you Americans, £1,212.22.

I'm poor now mommy!

†Seer†
2008-03-21, 01:34 PM
7337 squijets on whatever happens, to happen.

To spice things up, I bet the rights to a diamond that makes the Hope look like a pebble. I bet it on the fact Xykon will be right.

Leewei
2008-03-21, 01:44 PM
I'll bet the letter Q on O'Chul dying and passing critical information on to Roy, but getting cut off as Roy is at last resurrected by Durkon.

Forealms
2008-03-21, 08:05 PM
I'll bet the letter Q on O-Chul dying and passing critical information on to Roy, but getting cut off as Roy is at last resurrected by Durkon.

Oooooh... I like this bet. I'll bet the exact opposite of my current bet (173,000 chicken nuggets and a handful of CP) on that.

Lupy
2008-03-21, 08:29 PM
I'll put:

200k in Runescape gp, a broken gameboy color, 12 Perenese marks, a nickle (semi-shiney), a budgie with multi-personaltiy syndrome, a dead herring, 11 and 1/2 years of slavery (but not like that...), my position as Archbishop of Trogdor (comes with spell like ability "Burninate), some cheese, a tricycle, everyone here's soul... and... hmm... a worm., that Ochul lives happily ever after with a beautiful elf-wife and 472 children...

Just to make this the most valueable yet, I'll add a solid platinum yo-yo the size of the universe multiverse, and Paladine's soul.

TorJin
2008-03-21, 08:33 PM
Over 9000 Vegetas on O'Chul's survival in some fashion.

namako
2008-03-21, 08:49 PM
3 Arth Energy Crystals on a daring escape, by jove, agreeing?

jindra34
2008-03-21, 09:29 PM
i bet 400 pence on one of the dunkers dieing before O-Chul.

Lionpawheart
2008-03-21, 10:22 PM
Ooh, tricky.
Since it would just suck if O-Chul died, Rich probably will let him live. But since this is one of the most random comincs I've ever read, he might still die. Or, one the other hand survive, because it's hard to imagine how he is going to get out of this one.

I'll put three fresh corpses on alive.

T-O-E
2008-03-21, 10:30 PM
I bet Xykon uses his magic to save O-chul, winning the bet.

vanyell
2008-03-21, 10:50 PM
I bet:
1 box of soap
1 set of skis
a basketball
a spool of rope
a traffic cone
a large bowl of potato salad
a hollow wooden alpaca
and one half-orc in a leprechaun costume

O-chul lives

for the uninitiated:
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0389.html

Gamerlord
2008-03-22, 08:50 AM
10 yummy crossiants on "surives but loses a limb or two"

Saint Nil
2008-03-22, 10:55 AM
I bet my REAL monopoly money on that O-Chul escapes and lives happily ever after.
Also, I expect to be payed back in REAL MONOPOLY MONEY!

Eita
2008-03-23, 04:46 AM
I bet Holammer's soul and $50 in REAL Monopoly money that he lives with negative hitpoints. Note, I stole the fifty for your best friends wallet.

Zeful
2008-03-23, 05:39 PM
I bet O-Chul's life that he lives.

I can't lose!

Yes you can. If O-Chul dies, you run out of currency and are pressed into labor.

Which is why I bet O-Chul's life that he dies

I won't lose.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-23, 06:48 PM
All my rupis on both Xykon and MitD winning.

O-Chul escapes in some bad-ass manner, possibly ending up with the resistance, being nursed back to health from his negative hit-points and living happily ever after.

I'll make an additional bet on O-Chul escaping in the following manner: acid breaks ropes, O-Chul smashes glass (before or after killing the shark) and then gets flushed down in the sewer/out of a window, depending on the floor they are on.

Dalenthas
2008-03-23, 07:50 PM
I'm willing to bet three Caliber V gear picks on Alive.

stabbybelkar
2008-03-23, 08:07 PM
I place my entire fortune of four Triganic Ningis on O-Chul surviving. Negative hit points might be a possibility.

ah, but since a Ningi is a triangular rubber coin over 100,000 meters from side to side no one in their right wold want even one.

daggaz
2008-03-23, 08:29 PM
ill bet my flint and steel AND my ten-foot pole that he dies, goes to the celestial plane, and gives valuable information to Roy.

Studoku
2008-03-23, 08:31 PM
ah, but since a Ningi is a triangular rubber coin over 100,000 meters from side to side no one in their right wold want even one.

I don't see the problem in currency with its own gravitational field.

On a related note, I bet my pants of Immunity against being nominated for x in the Playground on Redcloak arriving to save him.

Unscrewed
2008-03-23, 08:39 PM
I bet a daring escape by O-chul that involves copious amounts of luck.

Sixscimitars
2008-03-23, 09:26 PM
HA! Just for that I'll raise my bet ... I grant the mineral rights to the entire Beta Persei star system, in perpetuity. If O-chul lives.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Then I'll up mine, too: A life-sized, pure platinum sculpture of the galaxy. And Spidermew's soul. On him living.

Niesra
2008-03-23, 10:03 PM
I've got a whole sack of bottlecaps that say "lives with negative hit ponts". Not precisly cause i have faith in a paralyzed paladin surviving an acid pool with an acid breathing shark swimin over a spiked surface, but because i think Xycon will zap the shark when O-Chul reaches the negatives (or after he makes him reach them).

Zifna
2008-03-23, 10:34 PM
A sack of d20s to vote alongside MitD at least insofar as he escapes happily (hard to bet on "ever after").

Warler, Darûk
2008-03-23, 11:07 PM
I place my bet on L.O.L.:smallcool: realy he may live...:smallconfused: And i bet a bag full of living kobolds on it:smallfurious:

Greg
2008-03-24, 02:56 AM
Depends. I can see his mount being badass - a griffon or something. Could help him escape.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-03-24, 03:08 AM
I'll bet my 1,200 ka-chings on 'some kind of a random (or not so random) event happens and the game is postponed'.

Aristeidis
2008-03-24, 08:42 AM
I bet 4 ponnies on Alive if his hands are untied (can't say from the strip).
If his hands are tied, it's Bon Voyage monsieur!

pendell
2008-03-24, 09:05 AM
3 Arth Energy Crystals on a daring escape, by jove, agreeing?

We were not programmed for this contingency. We must verify.

Mechan Brian P.

HealthKit
2008-03-24, 10:08 AM
I bet five ordinary valueless grey rocks I found in Xykon's throne room that O-chul survives. Somehow.

Though it would not surprise me if the next comic somehow delayed the final outcome.

jindra34
2008-03-24, 08:14 PM
So who do we go to collect from?

Szilard
2008-03-24, 08:20 PM
Well, I get to get 50 Foreint, which is a bit less than a quarter of a US$.:smallfrown: I knew I should have bet the farm, If I had one.

Uncle Festy
2008-03-24, 08:43 PM
1 internet bragging rights on alive, with positive hp, until Xykon hits him with a spell that knocks him into the negatives. Xykon also knows how to cheat.

Good sir, you have just won yourself one internet bragging rights! Give him his prize!
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd293/Uncle_Festy/InternetBraggingRights.png

David Argall
2008-03-25, 12:30 AM
Good sir, you have just won yourself one internet bragging rights! Give him his prize!
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd293/Uncle_Festy/InternetBraggingRights.png

Having proved myself an incredible genius, I will allow the rest of you to bow in worship and accept all future and past postings of mine as entirely correct in all details.

[Tho actually I was sorta expecting this to happen offstage and we would get to the details of what is happening with Team Evil. Well, that is likely next time.]

Tass
2008-03-25, 04:45 AM

Wauw, nice bet.

Roderick_BR
2008-03-25, 06:04 AM
Hey, no fair using divination to win bets.

*rushes off to take some levels in diviner*

pendell
2008-03-25, 06:06 AM
So who do we go to collect from?

From the individual bettors, of course. I call dibs on ZIfna's bag of D20s, since our paladin friend did *not* escape and live happily ever after.

It occurs to me that our paladin friend isn't exactly high in the INT score, if he would utilize his one chance of freedom to attack an epic-level sorcerer lich -- who, with DR whatever/magic, he can't even harm -- rather than trying to escape.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

pendell
2008-03-25, 06:07 AM
Having proved myself an incredible genius, I will allow the rest of you to bow in worship and accept all future and past postings of mine as entirely correct in all details.

[Tho actually I was sorta expecting this to happen offstage and we would get to the details of what is happening with Team Evil. Well, that is likely next time.]

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Even so, congratulations! I pronounce you official thread winner!

Running,

Brian P.

ChazFox
2008-03-25, 08:14 AM
Whoo! Now I have 20gp and 2 pieces of chalk ^^

random11
2008-03-25, 08:36 AM
[lawyer mode activated]

Technically, I didn't lose because there is still a chance for a rescue mission.
Right?

[lawyer mode deactivated]

Paladin29
2008-03-25, 09:38 AM
Damn it!!, I am poor now... but that isn´t new.. the good news are that I´ll retain my long hair :P

Alex Warlorn
2008-03-25, 09:45 AM
Heh. I win.

Quorothorn
2008-03-25, 03:10 PM
It occurs to me that our paladin friend isn't exactly high in the INT score, if he would utilize his one chance of freedom to attack an epic-level sorcerer lich -- who, with DR whatever/magic, he can't even harm -- rather than trying to escape.

Unarmed Strike is Bludgeoning, Smite Evil is Magic...penetrates lich DR!

...Right? RIGHT?

Seriously, though, O-chul was not escaping, not with two magic-users with confirmed ranged attack spells sitting right there. He was simply having a defiance moment by charging Xykon (hmm, maybe he took Charging Smite instead of the Special Mount....we haven't actually seen him with a mount, after all).

Forealms
2008-03-26, 02:44 PM
I have allowed myself the pleasure of putting together all of the losing bets:

160 gp
3 Shinies
5 Sparklies
1000 Zorkmids
20,000 Meat
500 mismatched pairs of socks
Holammer's soul
A handful of chicken nuggets
173,658 CP
An old, bent Italian 1 Lira piece
1 goat
7 pounds of goat milk
17 puppy tears
3 soulstones
1 whole apple
1 kite in good repair
1 dead rat and a string to swing it with
12 marbles
Part of a jew's-harp
1 piece of blue bottle glass to look through
1 spool cannon
1 key that won't unlock anything
1 fragment of chalk
1 glass stopper of a decanter
1 tin soldier
1 couple of tadpoles
6 firecrackers
1 kitten with one eye
1 brass doorknob
1 dog collar
1 knife handle
4 pieces of orange peel
1 dilapidated window sash
All of Paladin29's riches
75% of ChaoticEvilGuy's Gp
10 shillings
10 Neopoints
10 mesos
10 ponies
54 Monies
3 of YOUR dignities
1 fluffy Bunny
12,000 Hyrulean rupees
Luena's Windows '95
30 Hobgoblin corpses
2 Potions of Bull Strength
2 Daggers
15 Arrows
Park Place
Boardwalk
1 Get Out of Jail Free Card
The Fool
The Empress
Wheel of Fortune
The Chariot
66 (other) souls
Quadratic formula
14 naymaarks
16 tracamaarks
11 trusmaarks
The letter "Q"
173,000 chicken nuggets
A handful of CP
200k in Runescape gp
1 broken gameboy color
12 Perenese marks
1 semi-shiney nickle
1 budgie with multi-personaltiy syndrome
1 dead herring
11 and 1/2 years of slavery
1 Position as Archbishop of Trogdor
Some cheese
1 tricycle
Everyone here's souls
1 worm
10 yummy croissants
Saint Nil's REAL MONOPOLY MONEY
All of MrEdwardNigma's rupis
Daggaz's flint, steel, and 10-foot pole
Stu42's pants of Immunity against being nominated for x in the Playground
1 sack of d20s
1,200 ka-chings

I may put together A collection of winnings, but this is in class, so...

Notice: The Demon Roach Bookie is not responsible for any bets that have been collected upon before the durations of said bets have ended.