PDA

View Full Version : Frustration

SilverSheriff
2008-03-19, 07:55 AM
whenever I make a huge post or move away from the computer for a couple of minutes the Forums seem to automaticly log me off, this annoys me because I make a big post and I find myself unable to post it.

any suggestions?

banjo1985
2008-03-19, 08:05 AM
The forums automatically log us off after 15 inactive minutes, to save stress on the server I think.

I suggest you could either tick the Always Logged On box up where you log in, or you can put the post together in word then paste it into a post, which is what I do.

Rawhide
2008-03-19, 08:09 AM
Check the "Always Logged On" checkbox to stop the server timing you out for inactivity.

SilverSheriff
2008-03-20, 12:53 AM
Check the "Always Logged On" checkbox to stop the server timing you out for inactivity.

I do.:confused:

NerfTW
2008-03-21, 11:03 AM
Is your computer not allowing cookies? They are required to stay logged in, usually.

Rawhide
2008-03-21, 07:12 PM
Sorry, I forgot about this thread (perhaps you'd like to change the title to something more descriptive about the problem at hand?).

NerfTW is correct, the vBulletin forum software uses cookies to determine if you have logged in or not. Although it is possible to log in without using cookies, you will be timed out after 15 minutes. Logging out will delete the cookies.

You will need to ensure that your browser and any cookie blocking applications are set to allow cookies from this site if you wish to avoid being timed out.

SilverSheriff
2008-03-21, 08:38 PM
Sorry, I forgot about this thread (perhaps you'd like to change the title to something more descriptive about the problem at hand?).

NerfTW is correct, the vBulletin forum software uses cookies to determine if you have logged in or not. Although it is possible to log in without using cookies, you will be timed out after 15 minutes. Logging out will delete the cookies.

You will need to ensure that your browser and any cookie blocking applications are set to allow cookies from this site if you wish to avoid being timed out.

ok, I checked my browser's cookies and apparently Giantitp.com was on the blocked list. But I think it should work now.