PDA

View Full Version : Take No Heed [Spell]

Morty
2008-03-19, 10:27 AM
I found this spell while hastily looking through WFRPG sourcebook Realms of Sorcery. Since Warhammer magic is much better than D&D magic and this particular spell is great, I decided to convert it. I hope it didn't appear anywhere, but I never heard of such spell.

Take No Heed
Illusion (Glamer)
Level: Sor/Wiz 5
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: One Hour/Level
Saving Throw: See Text
Spell Resistance: No

At a first glance, nothing about the wizard changes after casting this spell. Caster's apperance doesn't change and he or she remains perfectly visible. Instead, this spell makes wizard or sorcerer utterly unrecognizable and uninteresting. Everyone who sees the wizard utterly ignores him and doesn't remember seeing him at all. However, it doesn't conceal wizard's actions at all, so people will notice if for example a wizard takes or leaves something.
People with whom wizard has spoken are entitled to a Will saving throw to remember the caster's appearance, voice and words. If they fail the save, they can't remember anything about the dialog. Additionally, if the wizard does something that'd immediately draw the attention of anone who sees it, people who watch can also make a Will saving throw to notice the caster. Attacking anone automatically ends the spell.

keyboardboy101
2008-03-19, 12:42 PM
Cool spell, but should it really be level 5? It seems more like a level 3 power. Level 5 to me would be more like, it allows you to get away with things that you normally couldn't (people not noticing when you take things, etc.) Although, at that point, it verges on invisibility. Attacking would still end it though.

TempusCCK
2008-03-19, 07:56 PM
That sounds like something the Giant made a while back for Dragon Magazine. Check in the gaming section of the site and see his version. (Something you should do anyway, lots of interesting stuff there.)

DracoDei
2008-03-20, 05:16 PM
Someone remind me to edit this into the Beige Dragon's spell list... it VERY much fits them.

geekyhedgehog
2008-05-21, 04:47 PM
One Will save per noticeable action, or one Will save for the first, with the rest the same? (the normal mechanic)

Charlie Kemek
2008-05-21, 05:16 PM
It should be enchantment (mind affecting) not Illusion

Uncle Festy
2008-05-21, 06:54 PM
Interesting concept.
Seems a little too close to invisibility, though...

boomwolf
2008-08-20, 03:14 PM
Wheel of time's gray man are now possible?

Should be sorcerer/wizard 3 and also assassin 2, and its not an illusion but a mind-effecting enchantment spell. but otherwise great spell.

ZerglingOne
2008-10-27, 09:03 PM
This spell reminds me of my favorite magic item. From song and silence comes:

The Nondescript Box: A nondescript box is perfectly ordinary in appearance, and it always seems to fit in with its surroundings- In fact, it fits in so well that it is very difficult to notice- The eye seems to skip over it, and the mind forgets its presence immediately- Characters walk around a nondescript box without even realizing they have done so, and observers find nothing strange about such detours- Search attempts always fail to locate this item, and it radiates no magic. However, a successful Spot check (DC 25)
enables the mind to pierce the box's protections and see it clearly. Once someone has pointed it out, others can see it as well- So well is it protected, however, that a character who does find it must make a successful Will save (DC 25) or forget to take it along upon departure-

Alteran
2008-10-27, 09:46 PM
Interesting concept.
Seems a little too close to invisibility, though...

I think the main advantage over invisibility is that you can still interact with people, and they may not remember anything.

acirruscloud
2008-10-27, 10:05 PM
It's Douglas Adam's SEP field (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEP_field#Somebody_Else.27s_Problem_field_.28ficti on.29)!

Brewdude
2008-10-27, 10:08 PM
Seems awful close to Sanctuary.

Galileo
2008-10-28, 12:37 AM
Awesome! I can play Moist von Lipwig now!

Prometheus
2008-10-28, 12:00 PM
There is also an unnamed character in American Gods who it is impossible to remember what you were just being told by him or that he was even in the room at all.

chefsotero
2009-04-27, 01:39 PM
I second the Sombody Else's Problem Field analogy, and love it :smallcool:

Nice spell but I don't think it's an 5th level thou 3rd sounds about right

DanielLC
2009-04-27, 10:46 PM
This, along with the mention of Moist, inspired me to make a similar feat:

Average-Looking
Prerequisites: You must take this feat when you make your character. Your charisma must be between 8 and 12 exclusive.
Benefits: You look completely average and unmemorable. You get a +5 bonus on disguise checks when you aren't impersonating someone the target knows.
Special: This applies even if you didn't make a disguise. If you didn't, your skill in disguise doesn't help you.