PDA

View Full Version : New Hobbo warlord?

paladinofshojo
2008-03-19, 07:16 PM
Just wondering who that hobgoblin is that is gambling with Xykon, Tsukiko, and the Wight. Seeing as he has a black cape and a pendent, he is most likely NOT one of the garden variety, cannonfodder, redshirt hobbos that serve as the main strength for Xykon/ Red Cloak's army. I think he's some sort of Hobbo general or warlord, but he can probably be some sort of caster too, post your theories here.

NikkTheTrick
2008-03-19, 07:47 PM
My bet on a commander. He does look more "generalish" than "wisardish" or "priestish". Probably a regiment commander.

FujinAkari
2008-03-19, 08:07 PM
He looks to be a cleric... there may have been some sort of falling out between Redcloak and Xykon, likely related to Tsukiko, and so RC has holed himself up with the rift to study it.

Mauve Shirt
2008-03-19, 08:22 PM
Those pendants are seen a lot on clerics, so that could be it, but the armor suggests he's a soldier of some sort. I'd agree with general or warlord. He must be relatively high up to be sitting with Xykon.
I wonder where Redcloak is.

Spiky
2008-03-21, 09:26 AM
He probably took the place of the "right hand hobgoblin" that was with Redcloak during the war. Either that or he is a redshirt and something is about to happen to him!!

Roc Ness
2008-03-23, 06:34 AM
If he's a redshirt then 10000 to 1 that Xykon kills himf or making him bet alive

If he is nat a redshirt then 10000 to 1 that Xykon kills him for making him bet alive :smallbiggrin:

toysailor
2008-03-23, 09:36 AM
Quick! Somebody give him a name before he bites it!

Gamerlord
2008-03-23, 10:13 AM
Quick! Somebody give him a name before he bites it!

uh...
"brown armor"?

Lupy
2008-03-24, 05:40 PM
I hope :redcloak: kicks his butt.

EricDerKonig
2008-03-24, 05:45 PM
I bet he'll be a major recurring character, displacing Redcloak and being directly responsible for Belkar's death and the fulfillment of V's prophesy.
:smallwink:

Kish
2008-03-24, 06:05 PM
I hope :redcloak: kicks his butt.
Why on earth would Redcloak want to beat up an unnamed-but-presumably-fanatically-loyal-to-the-Supreme-Leader hobgoblin?

Ward.
2008-03-25, 01:19 AM
My guess is that he was a random goblin captain that got put in the comic so The giant didn't have to explain why the new "all goblin friendly" red cloak didn't fry the paladin for killing one of his loyal followers.

Querzis
2008-03-29, 01:15 AM
Why on earth would Redcloak want to beat up an unnamed-but-presumably-fanatically-loyal-to-the-Supreme-Leader hobgoblin?

Well hes not unnamed anymore, go Jirix! It seems hes the new hobgobelins general, I wonder whats his class? He got a cleric amulet but he got the armor of the regular soldiers.

SPoD
2008-03-29, 01:22 AM
His behavior in #543 doesn't strike me as a general. I see him more as Redcloak's aide--the guy who handles the paperwork.

In essence, Redcloak's Redcloak.

Prowl
2008-03-29, 01:28 AM
The most significant thing about him is that he has a name.
Interestingly enough, Redcloak STILL doesn't have a name.
("Redcloak" being just an alias)
SoD Spoiler
which he came up with on the spot so Xykon the ADHD patient wouldn't blast him to bits rather than try to remember it.

Nerdanel
2008-03-29, 04:49 AM
SoD:

Interestingly enough, Redcloak, Xykon, and :mitd: still have their true names unknown, and Tsukiko might be a cool-sounding Xykon-style alias too for all we know. (Tsukiko means roughly "Moonchild" in Japanese. No, I don't speak Japanese, but I picked up just the right couple of words.)

I wonder if true names are going to become a plot point someday.