PDA

View Full Version : ANNIVERSARY! Brickworld Saga turns 1!

Dave Rapp
2008-03-20, 12:30 AM
http://i32.tinypic.com/28m3fc7.jpg (www.lq-comic.com)

On March 20th, 2007, my comic launched to thunderous applause. Well, okay, maybe not thunderous and maybe not applause per se, but a couple people noticed. My friends like it, anyway.

Here I am a year later, and... well, y'know, I'm not much further than I was before. Granted, I've made over 150 strips since then, and I do have a small handful of readers, but it's not what you'd call a 'smash hit.'

Then again, these things take time. Maybe my 22-panel long extra special 1-year anniversary strip-o-fun and MAGIC will draw some attention. I'd link ya' kind folks directly to it in case you're interested, but... well, it would probably help if you read through the archives first since the strip mentions some past events.

Oh, why not. There it is. (http://www.lq-comic.com/archives/extras/013.html)

Anyway, about my comic... let's see... I think the most defining feature is that it's made entirely with LEGOs. Ever read Irregular Webcomic or Legostar Galactica? Yeah, think of something a little like that.

Except my comic is a highly story-based comic, hense the slogan "an epic tale told with plastic." It's got (somewhat) original characters, an evolving plot, magic, robots, world domination, and its own planet! So I guess you could maybe call it a combination of Legostar Galactica and OotS. I know that's a little bold me of to say, but, well, there it is.

The comic is heavily inspired by Rich's comic. Looking back at early drafts of the story, I can say that it was basically a complete ripoff. Don't worry, though, I made sure it was totally original before I filmed a single panel.

I'd like to call the comic family-friendly, but you could probably make an argument against that. In an effort to make things more realistic, characters tend to say "damn" and "hell" a lot when mad or when getting attacked by giant scorpion robots. I've also got this one pirate girl who literally swears every sentence. I think she dropped the F-bomb in every panel she's been in... worry not, that was a minor character. In terms of violence, blood, gore, etc... it's LEGO so I can't even have any of that. The worst I have is semi-poorly special-effected explosions. I'd call this thing PG, except for that one pirate.

It updates monday-wednesday-friday, with each new strip being 8 to 10 panels long. (older strips were 4, and then 6, as I my skills developed) I'm currently on strip #145, plus 13 "extra" comics and a couple of other little thingies on the site. For example, I highly reccomend reading Comic40 (www.lq-comic.com/extras.html#comic40), which is probably the trippiest thing I've ever seen on paper.

I dunno what else to tell you. Anything coming from me, the author, is going to just be aimed to make my comic sound even cooler than it is. The best I can reccoment is that you just check it out. (http://www.lq-comic.com/archives/bwsgif/0001.html)

P.S. sorry for the slight screen stretch, I couldn't shrink the banner any further