PDA

View Full Version : need help with build

_Puppetmaster_
2008-03-20, 02:16 PM
Hi! I'm going to be starting a D&D game (level 4), and I need some help filling in ten more levels in my build.

I am a half-orc fighter 4

I am planning on being a half-orc fighter 5/lasher 5, and I need to fill ten more levels (I am playing a tripper).

what should I use for the last ten levels?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-20, 02:20 PM
Books?

I believe the attacks from Robilar's Gambit and Karmic Strike can be used to trip. If so, get those.

Keld Denar
2008-03-20, 02:25 PM
Yeah, book? Also, is this a 3.0 game? Lasher appeared in the 3.0 book Sword and Fist, and the PrC was not updated in later 3.5 books. That said, there is almost nothing different between the mechanics used by that class from 3.0 to 3.5. This only leads to the question, are you using a 3.0 mechanic in a 3.5 game, or a 3.0 mechanic in a 3.0 game. This will grossly affect what feats/classes we'd suggest to you.

_Puppetmaster_
2008-03-20, 02:30 PM
the books I have are:

the core books
complete warrior, arcane, divine, adventurer
stormwrack
sandstorm
frostburn
cityscape
sword and fist
book of vile darkness/exalted deeds
masters of the wild
tome of magic
eberron campaign setting
draconomicon
expanded psionics handbook
unearthed arcana
heroes of battle/horror
savage species
all of the dragon magazines
manual of the planes
planar handbook
a truckload of other books on pdf

another thing is that the campaign will most likely be set around fighting outsiders

EDIT: we are playing 3.5, and updating the stuff we are using ourselves if it hasn't been already updated.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-20, 02:33 PM
Take a dip in Exotic Weapon master to get Uncanny Blow, which is good. Anything that increases Dex is golden, of course.

_Puppetmaster_
2008-03-20, 03:06 PM
@^: I'm planning on doing that.

although i'm not using weapon finesse with it.

Iku Rex
2008-03-20, 04:06 PM
Are you dead set on a half-orc? And four levels of fighter?

Are you going two-weapon fighting or two-handed power attack?

_Puppetmaster_
2008-03-20, 04:42 PM
1: I am dead set on half-orc, for flavor reasons, and I need two levels of fighter for the bonus feats. do you know of any full-BAB classes that I can take instead of the extra three levels before lasher? (that can be taken by lawful characters)

2: I'm not doing either

Iku Rex
2008-03-20, 05:21 PM
Full BAB? Ex-barbarian, paladin, ranger, hexblade (CWar), swashbuckler (CWar), duskblade (PHBII), knight (PHBII), warblade (ToB).

Depends on your ability scores and what you want.

Feats:
The fourth fighter level can get you Weapon Specialization, which leads to Melee Weapon Mastery (PHBII). By no means a must-have, but nifty if you have feats to spare.

Power Attack is sometimes handy.

True Believer (CDiv, MIC) with a Belt of the Champion (MIC) is useful for a tripper.

PrCs:
Why stop at Lasher 5? Nothing wrong with Lasher 6-10.

Exotic Weapon Master (CWar), as has been mentioned.

Dervish (CWar) could be cool of you can get the feats and you're not using heavy armor.

Items: Useful items are the Torc of the Titans (MIC), a sweeping (+1, MIC) whip, Armbands of Might (MIC, CAdv), Rock Boots (MIC), Steadfast Boots (MIC) and/or Vanguard Treads (MIC).

_Puppetmaster_
2008-03-20, 09:00 PM
I'm stopping at lasher 5 because I don't view the last 5 levels as having good abilities.

I just looked at sword and fist again, and I think that i'll go with 9 levels of weapon master to get whirlwind attack as a standard action, along with all of the other weapon master goodies...

...So it's half-orc Fighter 2/something with full BAB 3/lasher 5/exotic weapon master 1/weapon master (whip/whip dagger) 9

So what should I use for the three levels between fighter and lasher.

My character is LN, and I don't have tome of battle, by the way, although I do have good intelligence.

my ability scores are:

str 19, dex 15, con 16, int 16, wis 12, cha 12

Iku Rex
2008-03-20, 10:23 PM
Lasher 6-10 grant Improved Disarm, stunning attack, extra attack, sneak attack and death spiral ... all good.

Weapon Master is kind of iffy conversion-wise, since 3.5 generally made it a lot harder to get better crits.

As for the last 3 levels, swashbuckler is the obvious choice for Int-to-damage. The extra skill points and better skill selection should come in handy as well. (Make sure you start with swashbuckler.)

_Puppetmaster_
2008-03-21, 09:57 AM
Ooh! I forgot about swashbuckler!

I want to go weapon master for nine levels because that's when you can whirlwind attack as a standard action.

so it's

swashbuckler 3/fighter 2/lasher 5/exotic weapon master 1/weapon master 9 (maybe)