PDA

View Full Version : Magical Quivers?

Talya
2008-03-20, 09:30 PM
Anybody seen anything other than the "Efficient Quiver" in the SRD? anything that automatically refills?

dman11235
2008-03-20, 09:34 PM
Yes, the Quiver of Plenty is my favorite (Dragon Compendium), but then there's the Quiver of Araniel (WotC website, under books, one of the ones by that guy who wrote Drizzt (Salvatore?)). And as far as I know Ehlonna's Quiver (AKA the Efficient Quiver) doesn't grant infinite arrows. It just holds lotsa stuff.

de-trick
2008-03-20, 09:46 PM
i remember seeing a arrow which multiplied at night creating a infinity arrows after a will

Talya
2008-03-20, 10:49 PM
Ah, too expensive to get in wealth by level at 6.

Skjaldbakka
2008-03-20, 10:52 PM
You know, when I saw this thread, I immediatley thought of enchanting quivers as weapons, such that the ammo placed therein was enchanted with the properties on the quiver. just a random thought, probably has reams of problems in application.

Apoc360
2008-03-21, 01:43 AM
Couldn't that be accomplished by enchanting the bow? Though, I guess it would allow you to have multiple effects cheaply.

dman11235
2008-03-21, 07:05 AM
I did forget about one. It's not a quiver, but it does get "infinite" arrows: Hanks Bow. It's on the WotC website as well. Under something and on a page about the D&D cartoon. I'll see if I can get it (and the other quiver) later.

This bow deals more damage and is a force effect, and creates the "arrows" as you fire it. Does cost more than the QoP though, so it's out.

My suggestion: get a QoEhlonna, and buy 60 arrows. They are pretty cheap, so good luck running out. Also, try recovering your missed arrows, and making some. You can get 2-3 done per day at that level.

Saph
2008-03-21, 07:19 AM
Use a Quiver of Ehlonna (or Efficient Quiver, or whatever they're calling it now) along with a Bag of Holding stuffed with several thousand arrows packed in sheafs of 60.

Whenever you have a pause in the battle, reload your quiver with a new sheaf. In practice, this is just as good as infinite arrows.

- Saph

Arang
2008-03-21, 07:24 AM
Use a Quiver of Ehlonna (or Efficient Quiver, or whatever they're calling it now) along with a Bag of Holding stuffed with several thousand arrows packed in sheafs of 60.

Whenever you have a pause in the battle, reload your quiver with a new sheaf. In practice, this is just as good as infinite arrows.

- Saph

You'd have to pay for the arrows or at least get them somehow, though. With a Quiver of Plenty you would only have to shoot what, six million arrows? to start making money every time you kill something.

Triaxx
2008-03-21, 07:27 AM
If you're making from scratch, 2-3 a day is average. If you pick up components when you shop, you can do more than a few.

Of course you could try talking the DM into letting you have Eschew Arrows as a feat.

Saph
2008-03-21, 07:44 AM
You'd have to pay for the arrows or at least get them somehow, though. With a Quiver of Plenty you would only have to shoot what, six million arrows? to start making money every time you kill something.

I know this is a joke, but seriously, how could you ever need to shoot six million arrows?

- Saph

SamTheCleric
2008-03-21, 07:49 AM
There's also a quiver in... magic item compendium? maybe complete champion... ? If I remember correctly, it allows you to have every arrow you pull from it be a certain energy type...

Arang
2008-03-21, 07:49 AM
That's what happens when you're Epic and your DM still can't come up with anything but goblins.

Keld Denar
2008-03-21, 08:27 AM
I know this is a joke, but seriously, how could you ever need to shoot six million arrows?

- Saph

Um...take 6-7 level of Arcane Archer, walk into a very densely populated metropolitan market place, climb up on a roof or balcony overlooking everything, and start using Hail of Arrows until nothing else moves. Move to a new city and repeat. I'm sure you could go through a few thousand a day, which means you'd hit 6 million in about 8 years of daily marketplace genocide.

Dang....

bugsysservant
2008-03-21, 08:38 AM
Um...take 6-7 level of Arcane Archer, walk into a very densely populated metropolitan market place, climb up on a roof or balcony overlooking everything, and start using Hail of Arrows until nothing else moves. Move to a new city and repeat. I'm sure you could go through a few thousand a day, which means you'd hit 6 million in about 8 years of daily marketplace genocide.

Dang....

Should I be worried that my first thought was "good idea, but are there enough cities?"?

Eldariel
2008-03-21, 08:54 AM

Dang....

You know, it takes 8 levels or Arcane Archer and you can use that once per day. There's a reason AA sucks. She can't even slaughter millions.

Keld Denar
2008-03-21, 08:58 AM
Nah, man, planeshift to Sigil and open 'er up. Sigil's got a high enough pop density, and the people there don't really die, they just get sent home or reform elsewhere anyway. Its not really killing people if the people don't really die, is it?

Blackadder
2008-03-21, 09:09 AM
Nah, man, planeshift to Sigil and open 'er up. Sigil's got a high enough pop density, and the people there don't really die, they just get sent home or reform elsewhere anyway. Its not really killing people if the people don't really die, is it?
Lady of Pain, say it with me now, committing Genocide in Sigil is likely to get on the Lady's bad side, leading to you being Mazed in short order. And if you try it again she will simply flay you (An attack that does infinte damage with no save per the old books)

Or in other words, keep your head down in Sigil, pissing off the Lady is still one of the surefire Kobayashi Maru's left in D&D. If you anger the Lady in Sigil you die, it's just that simple.

marthais
2008-03-21, 09:09 AM
There's also a quiver in... magic item compendium? maybe complete champion... ? If I remember correctly, it allows you to have every arrow you pull from it be a certain energy type...
Quiver of energy...its in the item compendium and maybe the warrior...I don't have that one.
before anyone goes off on how pointless it is, imagine you have a +5 holy longbow...thats (without looking) around (I think) 175,000 gp. the quiver only costs 12,000 gold, so at higher levels it is cheaper to buy it than upgrade to a +5 holy flaming etc. longbow.

Ninjalitude
2008-03-21, 09:12 AM

Dang....

you sir, have a disturbed mind, may i please have your autograph?

SamTheCleric
2008-03-21, 09:13 AM
Would a Cragtop Archer/Arcane Archer be able to combine horizon shot and hail of arrows to attack eveything ... everywhere?

Eldariel
2008-03-21, 09:15 AM
You still aren't reading AA's ability: It's limited to max. targets per AA level, so you'd need to be level 100 AA just to kill a hundred mooks at once.

Keld Denar
2008-03-21, 09:28 AM
You sir disappoint me. Oh well, back to the drawing board.....

Also, regarding the LoP....I never said it was a GOOD idea, just a possible idea. And getting mazed isn't so bad...I like to think of it as an involuntary vacation for my mind. I hear the beaches there are sublime!

Chosen_of_Vecna
2008-03-21, 11:21 AM
If you really want to make your money's worth, Get a Greatbow, go to a City, cast the Ranger Spell Arrow Mind. One attack on everyone in your range. Everyone.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-03-21, 08:49 PM
Now all we have to do is get a range increment of "infinite".

And go to Sigil.

dman11235
2008-03-21, 09:08 PM
Keep in mind that the QoP is all masterwork arrows, and has infinite arrows of each special material, except adamantine (only 5/day of those). So that drastically cuts down on the number. Also, you have to buy/make all of the arrows for you QoE, and that either takes time or requires that you have access to a place to buy things. It's useful. Also it doesn't require that you have back ups like a clumsy bag of holding.

Ascension
2008-03-22, 12:02 AM
Keep in mind that the QoP is all masterwork arrows, and has infinite arrows of each special material, except adamantine (only 5/day of those). So that drastically cuts down on the number. Also, you have to buy/make all of the arrows for you QoE, and that either takes time or requires that you have access to a place to buy things. It's useful. Also it doesn't require that you have back ups like a clumsy bag of holding.

Woah, the quiver of plenty makes special material arrows? It's worth the money, then. That's awesome.

...of course, it also means that I probably couldn't get it past any of my current DMs. Darn. Some things are just too awesome.