PDA

View Full Version : How much should this cost?

Frosty
2008-03-21, 12:50 AM
If I wanted to craft a wondrous item that allows me to be immune to being dazed and poison, how much should it cost?

Kizara
2008-03-21, 12:52 AM
Well I'm pretty sure there already is an item that makes you immune to posion.

If not, use the Periphat of Health as precendent. I think disease immunity is a bit less useful then posion immunity, but not by much.

Frosty
2008-03-21, 01:06 AM
Right, but there is no precedent for being immune to being dazed.

The_Snark
2008-03-21, 01:41 AM
Or rather, the only one (Mark of the Dauntless, feat from Dragonmarked) is regardles as broken, if only because of how it interacts with Celerity.

If you make it at all, you'd probably want to forbid that somehow. I'm not sure this sort of thing is really within the purview of magic items; you'll note that things like immunity to stunning are not really given out by magic items.

It'd probably be fair to get an armor crystal that gave a bonus to saves against dazing and stunning, priced similarly to the crystals from the Magic Item Compendium that do similar things against other effects

Frosty
2008-03-21, 02:25 AM
What about items that negates daze or stunning x/day? Perhaps an item already does it? I think one of the Third Eyes...

Telonius
2008-03-21, 07:48 AM
Interesting idea. This wouldn't be as simple as calling it a zero-level spell effect, since the "Daze" spell affects only 4HD or less monsters. This is an item that specifically cures a condition. Most of the condition-curing spells on the Cleric list are around level 3 or so. So I'd say it's about a 3rd-level effect.

I'd word the effect thusly:

"This item protects the wearer against being Dazed by spells or spell-like effects used offensively against the wearer. It does not prevent the wearer from being dazed by spells cast by the wearer or the wearer's allies (such as Celerity)."

I'd price the continuous version as a bit less than a Periapt of Health. Mabye 7,000gp. If you make it a Widget of x/day, use the standard pricing for a 3rd-level effect. Slot affinity would be either headband or amulet/brooch/periapt.

Frosty
2008-03-21, 01:39 PM
I wonder if Celerity makes Warforged Wizards broken?