PDA

View Full Version : Oots References in your life.

TheGrimace
2008-03-22, 12:27 AM
I'm dying to know this, since I recently had one appear in one my life; how often , and what kind, of oots references do you make in your life to people who have no idea what oots is?

today: In a Lord of the Rings spoof, we had a gnome put a Naz Gul to sleep by yelling at him for some time about how he was going to be ripped limb from limb (but I haven't cast my spell yet)

and, because it fits here, people should know that I have been able to use "your wit has never been matched. Surpassed many times, but never matched" in relatively normal conversation several times.

Raging_Pacifist
2008-03-22, 12:46 AM
Once, in class a classmate was making an argument about somebody and couldn't back it up, so mocking him I sarcastically said, 'He's chaotic neutral!', in reference to the forumites who unfoundedly believe Belkar is CN. The only one who understood what I was talking abou was my friend Ethan.

Etiainen
2008-03-22, 02:44 AM
Except me and a few of my friends shouting out "Who's da halfling? We're da halflings!", not much...

Rockphed
2008-03-22, 02:51 AM
Me and my brother drop references around our unwitting family all the time, but I can't think of any specific examples. :frown:

Miraqariftsky
2008-03-22, 06:51 AM
"Missed my Spot check" is the one that I most often spout.

Zherog
2008-03-22, 08:21 AM
I regularly comment about failing a Spot check, and I've extended that to Search checks when I'm looking for something and can't find it.

Lupy
2008-03-22, 09:44 AM
I once had a bunch of my friends eat something to see if it was good (I knew it was, but they didn't) by telling them I had a weak stomach (which is partially true), they gobbled most of it down and then I grinned and said "it was bad." They all started choking and I said "Sacraficing minions, is there anything it can't do?"

Tistur
2008-03-22, 05:07 PM
I've been known to quip "I think I've failed a Spot check" when someone mentions ninjas. About 75% of the time everyone gets the reference.

†Seer†
2008-03-22, 06:05 PM
My friends and I will reference "I think I just had an evilgasm," "Banjhulu," "I'm invisible!" and "feminine products."
:smalltongue:

ChaoticEvilGuy
2008-03-23, 12:38 AM
I constantly make quotes with my friends such as the following:
"Friends, lend me your ears. Not literally because ewwwww."
also
"I won't destroy the world unless i get really, REALLY bored" (and more than your feeble mortal minds can contain)
and
also I have a thing called a Belkar Moment. When someone says something funny I say heh heh, (repeat it) and say Belkar Moment. for example: my friend said "I was holding your junk all day (my clothes)" and I said "heh, heh you were holding my junk all day...Belkar Moment!" (refrence to strip #468)
and my personal favourite:
I sing Buddy Roy in the shower all the time:smallamused:
almost forgot!
me and my friends make spot check jokes but with diffrent checks, like when my friend tried to sneak up on me but i saw him hiding around the corner I said "dude, put some ranks in hide already"
and I commonly say I stab you good old fashioned Belkar Style! and usually when I mention stabbing someone I always say HAoS (Head Assassin of Stabbing) which I use as a means to say I'm aloud to stab people (in refrence to my sig)
I'm a total geek:smallbiggrin:

SlightlyEvil
2008-03-23, 12:59 AM
So, last night, I played in the most epic form of capture the flag you will ever encounter: Capture the Flag with Stuff (http://www.cmukgb.org/activities/ctfws.php). In essence, it was a game of CtF, with about a hundred people per team, with the addition of various items that allow you to use special powers, like stunning enemy players (even on their own territory) or escaping from jail. Anyway, one player was stocking up for a suicide run to clear the field for a larger attack group, and I referred to him as a Sexy Shoeless God of War, although no one got it.

BisectedBrioche
2008-03-23, 08:20 AM
I use quotes and jokes from webcomics all the time to see if anyone recognises them. I havn't had any o my OotS quotes recognised yet though.

Darke
2008-03-24, 06:32 AM
Okay, here goes:
Okay, on this online game Puzzle pirates, It was myself a few NPCs and one of my freinds against twice our number, We lost, so he told me to get the gender change potions cause it was happening again.

Same guy found a lid that I kept failing my spot checks for, it was bright red...

And so many that I cannot remember.

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-03-24, 09:17 AM
After I was accepted into an Intern Program for an Army Civilian program, I politely accepted the position, hung up the phone, and the the Elan "Gainful Employment Dance." :smallbiggrin:

hawkboy772042
2008-03-24, 03:40 PM
When I completed a program/fixed a bug that I was working on. I proclaimed "I am the sexy shoeless god of programming!" then my friend said "but your wearing shoes". So I quickly went to take off my shoes...

TheCountAlucard
2008-03-25, 01:45 AM
Ever since I showed one of my players the strip in which Xykon says, "I think I just had an evilgasm," he has said it on numerous occasions. However, I've never seen anyone else besides him and myself reference OotS even accidentally.

But I keep hopin'!

Ziggy's_Roady
2008-03-26, 09:44 AM
Like everyone else on this forum,. I tend to spout out "I failed my (instert here) check" whenever I mess up in something.

While playing Halo (Or someother online shooter) if I make a particularly good kill, I'll yell "I'm the sexy shoeless god of war!"

Scatman
2008-03-26, 06:17 PM
A few times, I've asked my friends if they wanted to see my junk, describing how it's big, nice, smooth.. "Stop being gay!" "What? Have anything against boats?"

Chronos
2008-03-26, 07:31 PM
Once, while playing Diablo II, when my lightning-based character came up against a pack of lightning-immunes, I said "Thrice-accursed spell resistance! It's almost as though the Universe is trying to enforce some arbitrary balance between those who can manipulate the fabric of reality and those who cannot".

The fellow I was playing with recognized the line, but wasn't familiar with OotS. Which just shows that someone else out there is using the line, too.

drengnikrafe
2008-03-26, 08:48 PM
My reference was ninja'd by the person who started this thread... good job, Grimace. But I do have one other one...

At random points, lately, I've been attempting to overreact to people when they act stupid, but in a Miko fashion...
"Oh no! I forgot how to draw an Orbital Filling Diagram!"
"You forgot something that important? You don't deserve to live! *Slash**Slash**Slash* (I actually made the sound effect while swinging my arms as though I was holding a Katana) *Slash**Slash*"
Needless to say I got stared at for a minute...

ChaoticEvilGuy
2008-03-28, 09:43 PM
i constantly say sarcasticlly "I suppose you want XP for that":smallamused:

prongs43
2008-03-28, 09:53 PM
One of my friends and I frequently make spot check and listen check jokes. And I even used the comic as an example for one of my English papers, along with Star Wars.