PDA

View Full Version : The Shiny Blue Wii Light

Icewalker
2008-03-22, 02:05 AM
aka the Non-evil and blue Nintendo alternative to the RRoD.

My Wii glows blue. Everyone once in a while, when off. Kind of weird, and rather annoying. When I say the Wii glows blue, it is the disc slot that has a light blue light going on around it. Anybody know what it is or how to get rid of it, if possible?

Leper_Kahn
2008-03-22, 02:30 AM
Mine does that too. The scariest part is that when it does the router detects it and gives it the name "Wii." The only internet device that names its self in our house... :smalleek:

I'm not sure how to get rid of it. My feeling is that it's the Wii preforming an auto-update, although I'm not sure. Also, does anyone know the difference between when the power light shows red vs. orange? Sometimes when it's off it is red and sometimes it is orange... I never notice a difference other than the light.

Dihan
2008-03-22, 04:43 AM
The amber light means that it's in Wii Connect 24 mode, it's currently connected to the wifi. The blue light on the disc slot is completely harmless and just tells you that you have a new message on your message board.

Hermit
2008-03-22, 05:57 AM
There's an option on the Wii to turn off the slot illumination if you want, too.

Pocketa
2008-03-22, 06:58 PM
aka the Non-evil and blue Nintendo alternative to the RRoD.

My Wii glows blue. Everyone once in a while, when off. Kind of weird, and rather annoying. When I say the Wii glows blue, it is the disc slot that has a light blue light going on around it. Anybody know what it is or how to get rid of it, if possible?

Here you go, Icy!

http://gamershabitat.com/2006/11/21/the-wii-disc-slot-light/

Many of you are probably disappointed that the blue light around the Wii disc slot does not light up all the time. And many of you have probably not seen the light do anything more than flash briefly at startup. Fear not, for the light just operates differently than expected. If you have the WiiConnect24, Standby Connection, and Slot Illumination options all turned on in the WiiConnect24 settings, and you have your Wii configured to connect to the internet, your disc slot will light up when you get data from WiiConnect24. The easiest way to do this is to send an e-mail to yourself and then log in to your e-mail account and reply to the e-mail you just received from your Wii.

For maximum spiffiness factor, change the Slot Illumination setting to “bright” and leave your console off. I am not sure if the light will light up if you have the console on and you get data from WiiConnect24, but I do know that if your console is off and you receive data from WiiConnect24, the disc slot light stays on until you turn on your Wii.

So, basically:

1. You've set it to get WC24 updates.
1.a. That includes emails.
2. It gets the updates.
3. It's showing you it got them.
4. You can turn it on.
5. You can turn it off.
6. You can change the brightness.
7. We need to play Brawl sometime.

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2008-03-22, 07:06 PM
There's an option on the Wii to turn off the slot illumination if you want, too.

Wait, there is? THANK YOU! My Wii is in my bedroom and I've had to resort to unplugging it at night.

Pocketa
2008-03-22, 07:11 PM
Personally, I don't have a Wii, but according to:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071120212035AAbMuLw

Just go to the options menu to turn it off.

From a blog:

http://gonintendo.com/?p=6366

From Nintendo:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/settingsWiiConnect24.jsp

2nd link has details on turning it off

Fri
2008-03-22, 09:31 PM
Mine does that too. The scariest part is that when it does the router detects it and gives it the name "Wii." The only internet device that names its self in our house... :smalleek:
light.

Oh god... It finally turned sentient.

First... one. And then, slowly the Wii started to take over the world...

Pocketa
2008-03-22, 09:59 PM
Oh god... It finally turned sentient.

First... one. And then, slowly the Wii started to take over the world...

I never really though of that. The plural of Wii is Wii, the plural of sheep is sheep, etc.

Icewalker
2008-03-22, 10:15 PM
I suppose that's right...

They're coming...soon there will be Nintendo robots coming back from the future to kill those who will be in the underground resistance...

Pocketa
2008-03-22, 10:19 PM
I suppose that's right...

They're coming...soon there will be Nintendo robots coming back from the future to kill those who will be in the underground resistance...

If that's your theory, Icy, I would suggest laying off the Brawl.

It's their recruitment weapon.

You know it.

So do I.

Olimar Down B!

Its real purpose? Sending out Nintendo mind control beams.

And now you know!
Isn't education fun?

Actually, Ice-Ice-Baby, it's real purpose is to call back any Pikmin that somehow got seperated from Olimar. And to call other ones to the front.

And now you know! For real!

That'll be one Firefly disc.

Leper_Kahn
2008-03-22, 11:15 PM
I had no idea that one simple sentence would lead to the downfall of all humanity. Hmmm. :smallconfused:

@V See! It's out of my hands! We're all going to die! (I think the sentence was: The scariest part is that when it does the router detects it and gives it the name "Wii.")

Pocketa
2008-03-22, 11:16 PM
I had no idea that one simple sentence would lead to the downfall of all humanity. Hmmm. :smallconfused:

What's the sentence again?