PDA

View Full Version : The Living Island (Lost Spoilers)

expirement10K14
2008-03-22, 10:03 AM
WARNING: I got this idea from the Television Series Lost. I have included many spoilers from Lost, to explain my ideas. If you have watched up to the past, about 3~5, episodes nothing should be spoiled. Read at your own risk.

So I was recently re-watching the first season of Lost when some of Locke's quotes gave me an idea.
Quotes from first season are in the spoiler. Another spoiler contains more information from other parts of the show that add to my idea. You have been warned.

The qoutes were along the lines of- If you want something from the island, you have to give it something in return- I have looked into the eye of this island, and what I saw was beautiful- There is something magical about this island. We all can feel it, we are just to scared to admit it.
Other things that gave me ideas-

*There is a monster on the island. No one knows what it is, or where it is. It looks like a black cloud.
*There is things on the island that are inexplicable (polar bears on a tropical island)
*You can only follow a specific bearing to get to the island, or else you go mad, switching between past and present. (Minkosky (sp?) and Desmond)
*The island can lure people to it with visions of people from their past (Jack's father)
*The monster (black smoke) lures people, such as Echo and Locke, through the island, sometime killing them (Echo).
*There are natives that understand the Island, but are still subject to the monsters attacks (The "others" led by Ben Linus).

So my idea is a sentient island. It has a barrier, allowing it to stay protected from those that have discovered it, but allow those it wants to come and go to come and go as they please. It has the ability to control the trees and foliage, have tree branches fall in key locations to block movement. The monster can take on many forms (my speculation as to what became Jack's dad, Walt, and that Dude Hurley saw), of people from the islanders past and people that have been on the island in order to lure them to different places. This is always in the islands interest, whether it be to lead islanders in order to help them, or to kill them. The island has many stations around it. They include (spoilered b/c they are spoilers)-
-An underwater power station
-A facility containing controls for releasing poison gas upon the island
-One that stops large electro-magnetic waves from pulling all metal objects towards it (this crashed the plane)
-An underground hospital
-A survey station that can view all others through cameras
-A town that houses the people that live on the island. Surrounded by an invisible barrier that kill all people passing through it and stop the monster.
-A prison area with cage for holding animals and cells in the bottom of it.

More will probably come as I am watching more. I just wanted to know if anyone has ideas/comments/critiques on what to add and take away.

puppyavenger
2008-03-22, 02:36 PM
1. looks good, I assume you're taking out the station or playing in a modern setting?
2. The title made me think of Life of Pi

DementedFellow
2008-03-22, 04:21 PM
Looks alright, but I suggest you go somewhere like Lostpedia. They have a number of theories concerning almost every single detail of the island.

And I'm really glad you're undertaking this, as it is nice to see another fan of the show Lost.

expirement10K14
2008-03-22, 04:42 PM
I'll definitely check out lostpedia, sounds like it could help. I have been amassing seasons from friends that have them in order to get more ideas, so it would be nice to not be watching them for days on end.
Puppyavenger-
1)Awesome name
2)I was going to make it d20 modern.

puppyavenger
2008-03-22, 07:12 PM
Puppyavenger-
1)Awesome name
2)I was going to make it d20 modern.

no, I was talking about the book life of Pi, in it there's
[SPOLER]a island made of a massive clump of algethat has volved to look like a forest and is poisiness to any one who falls asleep on i[/SPOILER]