PDA

View Full Version : Help with Warhammer-style campaign, skaven etc

Skaven
2008-03-22, 12:45 PM
Hiya all. I'm crafting an adventure and i'm setting it mostly in the Warhammer campaign setting, with some tweaks of my own to personalise the world.

At the moment i'm coming up with Skaven. For the most part I am using standard MM stats for a number of creatures but I need help crafting Skaven.

Here is what I have so far:

Skaven
Medium Humanoid
Speed: 30ft
+2 Dex
-2 Wis
Darkvision 60ft
Survivor: +2 saves vs Poison and Disease
+2 Hide, Move silently, Climb, Listen
Poison use
-2 saves vs fear
1d3 Bite attack
Favored class: (any) (Clan dependant)

Misc
Can gain the following feats:
Scent (as dmg)
Third blade

Third blade (feat)
A Skavens tail is prehensile, and they are able to train themselves to use it in combat. A Skaven can strike with their tail as a secondary attack, taking a -4 penalty to hit, this attack deals no damage on its own, but they are able to hold a small weapon such as a dagger. Skaven craft some special weapons that can be attached to the end of the tail for use in combat. They cannot add their strength modifier to this attack.

Weapons

Tailspike
1d3 - 20/x2
Piercing
Cost: 1gp
This spike attaches to the end of a Skavens tail, though it does not deal much damage, Skaven prefer to use the spike as a cheap weapon to deliver poison, it can be swiftly attached or removed and concealed.

Tailblade
1d4 - 19-20/x2
piercing
Cost: 2gp
A simple dagger that is designed to be attached to the end of a skavens tail. This is the preferred weapon of most Skaven who train to use their tails in combat.

Tail-Mace
1d6 - 20/x2
Bludgeoning
Cost: 3gp
This is little short of a mace head adapted to be worn on the end of the tail. They are rarer than the blades and spikes as they are heavier and harder to wield.

Warpfire thrower

Damage: 3d6 cone (range or cone type help please?)

This weapon deals damage in an area of effect. It is bulky and is designed to be carried around and used by two Skaven in tandem, one to carry the feul and the other to aim and shoot. A single Skaven can use the weapon as long as they remain stationary.

--

Any help on the Lizard men is also appreciated. I think I can use the stats on a normal Lizardfolk for the standard Saurus, I am pondering on Skinks.

Also, does anyone have a link to the Krynn Minotaur's stats. (I know I saw them on the wotc site somewhere, and one of my players has expressed interest in playing a Minotaur)

Any help is appreciated. Its been quite some time since I played Warhammer, so i'm going off memory here. Any more recent players have anything interesting to suggest for Skaven? Like weapons, magic or favored / homebrew spells, etc.

TheSaylesMan
2008-03-22, 12:51 PM
I don't suppose I could convince you to buy or borrow the official Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay books, could I? Because there is an entire system that is built around getting that nice, gritty, Warhammery feel. It even has an entire Skaven Sourcebook! Including how to make Skaven PCs!

Skaven
2008-03-22, 01:12 PM
We wish to play d20 D&D.

Imrix.
2008-03-23, 10:53 AM
Lizardmen are... A little difficult. It really depends on which type you want to make- skinks, saurus, kroxigors etc. Slann are right out, I think, except as NPC's. I'd say natural armour would be the order of the day though, and saurus should probably have some method of HD advancement to represent how age toughens them up.

Really though, considering a Saurus is effectively a seasoned warrior from birth, I think you're looking at racial HD rather than a level adjustment.

Out of interest though, why do you wish to play it in D20 D&D? It just seems that it's a lot of work to homebrew the necessary rules when there's already a system that's done the work for you.

I'm not saying you shouldn't play it in D20 D&D, I'm just a naturally curious person.