PDA

View Full Version : Ravenloft 4e

smart thog
2008-03-22, 03:39 PM
I really want to know if there are any plans for a 4th addition Ravenloft campaign setting. If not, whose gonna homebrew it?

RTGoodman
2008-03-22, 05:09 PM
I think the only two campaign settings that have been officially announced as being updated are Forgotten Realms (4E version debuting this August) and Eberron (4E version debuting August 2009). After that, they haven't mentioned anything specific, but I dimly recall something like "with more to come each year afterward." I would assume they'll do some new setting for 4E, but I don't know about old ones (though there have been a lot of people hoping for an updated Ravenloft, Dragonlance, Dark Sun, Spelljammer, or other setting).

Even if Wizards doesn't put out an update version of any of those settings, I imagine someone will eventually. I know that Sovereign Press's license to publish Dragonlance is running out, but there's always the chance WotC or someone else will pick up any of the old settings (I believe someone else still owns rights to Ravenloft, but I'm not sure), 4E or not.

Terraoblivion
2008-03-22, 06:56 PM
WotC has gotten the Ravenloft license back after it expired for the Kargatane, who they had licensed the right to develop and publish Ravenloft products to. WotC used it to publish Expedition to Castle Ravenloft.

smart thog
2008-03-22, 07:23 PM
WotC has gotten the Ravenloft license back after it expired for the Kargatane, who they had licensed the right to develop and publish Ravenloft products to. WotC used it to publish Expedition to Castle Ravenloft.

And NOTHING ELSE. [/grr]:smallfurious: :smallfurious: :smallfurious: :smallfurious: :smallfurious: :smallfurious: :smallfurious: :smallfurious: :smallfurious: :smallfurious: :smallfurious: :smallfurious: :smallfurious: