PDA

View Full Version : Gods in emptiness-The world

Emperor Demonking
2008-03-23, 08:36 AM
The world is empty, it has enough water and enough air but that's all. It also has a lone moon.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-03-24, 03:06 AM
OOC: I'm assuming this is where we roleplay our gods setting up the world.

Also, the links to here and the other thread don't work, at least for me.

IC: Darin looks at the blank, empty slate of land called The World. His eyes glow brightly. A mountain pulls itself up out of the ground. He smiles, and says "Oh, I like that." He puts his hand on his chin for a minute, then begins to mutter to himself. "Needs some green....probably some gold in there....gold? Huh, that's a good idea....gold dragons....need some other helpers here too....angels....angels would work well....live with the dragons....in the mountain."

At this point, his eyes glow again. Tiny trees sprout up on the world's surface, and create a 'c' shape. In the middle of the 'c' shape is the mountain, covered on the west, south, and north sides. Trees cover partway up the mountain, then stop.

A magnificent golden plains surrounds the southern half of the 'c', taking up a area of space roughly the size of the forest.

"Hmm, they will need water...." A lake gouges itself out of the ground inside the forest and plains. A river runs from inside the mountain, out of a cave, down a ravine, into a lake into the forest that extends south partway into the plains.

Darin puts his hands on the edge of the table and leans over. "Let's see...dragons....gold dragons. They'll live in the caves and hunt on the plains." With a snap of his fingers, many the golden, winged reptilians appear on the mountain, scampering up and down the mountain, claiming caves and the like.

At this point Darin starts to become exhausted. Sweat is dripping down his brow, and his wings are folded back. He leans heavily on the table.

"Alright, just a few more things....create some humans." Darin stops and pauses for a second. "I feel like making them more...capable...better for keeping up with dragons...that's it! I'll give 'em wings!"

A large amount of angel winged, naked humans appear in the field. Darin winces. "Might need to give them some help...oh, yeah, the angels...forgot about those." A small group of angels appear on the mountains, next to a group of older dragons trying to marshal the other ones up.

The angels quickly fly down towards the humans, helping them out, leading them towards the caves, etc.

Darin leans back from the table. "Ugh, jeez. That's all for me. For now, at least."

OOC:Crunchaliciousness:

God Points:

25 Astral Devas (1/2 point)
25 Young Adult Gold Dragons (1/2 point)
200 Wyrmling Gold Dragons (1/2 point)
500 Humans (1/2 point)
A large forest (1/2 point)
A area of plains next to the forest (1/2 point)

Each geographical area is half the size of Great Britain

Divine Points:

Give Darin Fire Breath/will (1 point)
Give humans wings (1 point)
Double the size of the plains area (1 point)

Worship Points:

Give the Young Adult Dragons a boost to their toughness (essentially a bonus to AC~5) (1 point)
Create a small lake that extends into both the forest and the plains. (1 point)
Make a large mountain next to the plains, with plenty of caves. (1 point)
Create 12000 (total) of: Deer, sheep, cows, goats, horses, hawks, eagles, mice, and dogs. (6 points)
Create 1000 (total) of: Boar, bison, and black bears.

Szilard
2008-03-24, 11:03 AM
Dragons aye? Now for some buddies.
Szilard creates as many Velociraptors as he can with one point (I'll come up with the total later) And a herd of Triceratops with a divine point. He also boosts the Velociraptors intelligance so that they can breed the triceratops.

thevorpalbunny
2008-03-24, 10:40 PM
"That looks far too . . . idyllic for my taste. Danger adds spice to life!"
On the eastern side of the plains, he creates a swamp, complete with lazy river drifting through it to the plains. To populate the area, he creates a shape that resembles the extant humans before they received wings. He distorts the image, however, turning it orangey and feral-looking, then places it in the world and tells them their name: "You will be called 'hobgoblin", and you will never be satisfied with your land. The humans have better land, and it is rightfully yours.'" He then continues, creating a smaller, browner version of the same, interspersed with them. "You are goblins, forever doomed to be oppressed by your larger brothers."
He then turns his attention to the forest in the shadow of the mountain. Here he creates a different race of very different appearance, almost unconsciously shifting his own appearance to match. These are tall, slender, and pointy-eared, wearing clothing as primitive as that of the goblinkin, but with bows which appear well-made and staves to match. "You are grugach, masters of the forest. Defend what is yours, my children."

The humans have enemies on both sides. This is good. It will be easier to incite them to war that way.

1 point for raising the volcano
1 point for 300 hobgoblins and 700 goblins
1/2 point for the swamp
1/2 point for the grugach (wild elves)
The hobgoblins receive the boon of warcraft, making them skilled fighters instead of unskilled warriors.
The goblins receive the boon of speed for maneuverability in battle.
The grugach are born weaponcrafters, making fine bows other weapons with relative ease.
That uses 3 regular points. Remaining: 3 divine points, 10 worship points

Halna LeGavilk
2008-03-25, 10:30 PM
Darin looks down at the table, and the deformed creatures surrounding his people. Darin glances over at Savash and scowls, then turns back to the table.

He looks down at the enemies surrounding to the humans and dragons. "My children cannot defend themselves. This....this is not good."

He draws breath, and exhales his holy fire. As it pours out, he gathers it up into a ball. He looks down at the people in the caves and on the plains.

"My children, you are in need of something, something to defend, and better yourselves. I give you two things: both the Spark of Arcane, a small spark of myself to help you alter the world as I would, and the Gift of Word, allowing you to pass down knowledge, both Mundane and Arcane, onto your children, for them to better the world and to add more knowledge."

With that, Darin blows his Arcane Spark onto the world. In front of the mountain, a single book on a shining white pedastal appeared. As the Children of Darin gathered 'round, the book slammed open, and holy light poured forth from the book, encasing the Children of Darin.

The humans were the first to emerge. Their eyes shined bright red from the Spark of Arcane inside their souls.
The dragons were next, They were mostly unchanged, except for small amounts of light coming from their eyes
The angels, already having the Spark of Arcane, being direct helpers of Darin, were not affected.

The book itself still stood shining on it's bright pedastal, making the whole area glow. On the book was the Gift of Word, a language, a way of recording their experiences for future generations.

They book itself contained writing in both a fancy text that seemed to glow, and a more normal, simpler writing. Two dragons grabbed the book and pedastal, and brought it up to the highest, most difficult-to-reach cave they could find. Three of the angels were there.

Those five became the Guardians of the Book.

Crunch:

I take away Darin's breath weapon (1 Divine Point), and gave his people the Spark of Arcane, essentially making them sorcerors.

The Book and Pedastal burn all those who come within 50 ft of it and don't have the Spark of Arcane.

The Humans and Dragons have a few minor changes to appearence, but that is it.

@thevorpalbunny:

The swamp, creatures, and volcanoes cost 3 Proper points. The "boons" cost three Divine Points, leaving you with 0 Proper Points, 0 Divine Points, and 10 Worship points.

thevorpalbunny
2008-03-25, 11:40 PM
@Halna

It stated in the original post that any race you created could receive one boon in your primary domain. It mentions no cost. You probably didn't have to pay for the wings for the humans.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-03-26, 12:46 AM
Seriously? Well then.... this could be used to my advantage.

But, you still don't have ten DP, just three.

bchilders
2008-03-26, 06:33 PM
Mordwraith

Always looking out for himself, the god of death creates a realm of his own for safety and uniterrupted workings of his evil deeds. Never one for the giving of life, Mordwraith creates very few sentient beings. He does create a very foul swamp away from the other newly created beings, filled with putrid poisonous gases that would hopefully keep all but the undead from entering. Those he does create he gives the ability to turn their slain into undead. He tells them all to go out into the world and increase in number by slaying the living, but he stresses the importance of staying hidden and bringing bodies back to the swamp to transform into new evil minions. Instead of wasting any more of his power create more followers Mordwraith starts working in the dreams of the creatures already created. He offers them power and riches if they would worship him. Most can not yet hear him, but in time they will come. There is evil in the heart of all creatures.

Crunch:
1 God pt
-200 wights
-200 ghasts
-100 shadows (all already had the ability to create more undead but I figured it worked with the fluff to say I gave them that)

2 God pts
-Realm of Death-new plane

1 worship point
-small swamp

beginning to whisper into the dreams of the sentient creatures

Emperor Demonking
2008-03-27, 04:54 AM
The people who's dreams are taked begin as unsure until eventually 400 creatures come.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-03-28, 01:29 AM
What are the compositions of the creatures that come?