PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf II

Pages : [1] 2 3

Korith
2006-09-16, 06:13 PM
Registration is now closed

Kudos to DungeonMaster77 for beginning this game!

You all are in a lost town in Transylvannia, high in the mountains. Word has reached your village that werewolves have appeared all across the land. Why, just recently, a pack of wolves destroyed an entire village!
To make things worse, you are caught in the dead of winter. The snow is so horrible that you can't even leave the village! The werewolves grow hungry for the flesh of those around them, so gather near and pay a close eye to those around you. That innocent soul sitting beside you may be feasting on you tonight!

Here are the rules:

Sign up for the game will be open until 7:00PM on Tuesday, September 19th (That's GMT-5:00 time). We will take any number of players. The more, the merrier! After registration, the Narrator will determine the rolls of the cast and PM each player with their role, which will be one of the following:

Minimum Cast:
Villager: You are a villager. Your job is to stay alive, and ferret out the werewolves.*Counts, obviously, as a villager.

Seer:*Your job after night falls, is to PM the Narrator with the name of the person you want to investigate. You will be told the role of the person you investigate. The Seer counts as a villager.

Werewolf: Your job after night falls, is to lie, deceive, and cajole the villagers into not voting for you. *PM the narrator with your vote on whom to kill. The Narrator will PM you with the identities of the other Werewolves at the start of the game. Please select a single werewolf from your group to send your votes to the narrator each month, and a second in case your messenger is killed or away. *

Extras: If we get 10 or more players, these extras will also be used.
Mason: Your job is to ferret out the werewolves, and to protect your fellow Mason(s). At the start of the game, there will be at least 2 Masons. You will be introduced to each other via PM at the start of the game.

Fool: Thinks he is a seer. Is told that he is a seer. When a fool gets his "foresight" in the evening, he gets a random chance as to what he "sees" when he points somebody out. When he "points' to the Seer, he will always see the Fool, and visa versa. Counts as a villager

Baner: This person is an expert in the deployment of Wolfsbane. Each night, he may select a single villager to protect from the Werewolves. If the Werewolves attack that villager, their attack is foiled and nobody dies that night. Keep in mind that the baner may use his abilities on himself.

Devil: As with the Seer, the Devil may learn the identities of anyone he chooses. This allows him to learn the true identity of the special villagers (Baner and Seer). Counts as a werewolf.

Turns
Daytime
During the day, the villagers meet in the town square in an attempt to determine who among them is a werewolf. To speed things along, this time we'll be using a time scale of the day turn lasting 48 hours in real time. The Narrator, after posting the results of the night, will indicate the time at which the day phase ends.
At the end of the day phase, whoever had the most votes (minimum 2) dies by lynch mob. The narrator is responsible for posting up the details of the lynching, although anyone who participates in the voting may offer some descriptive text of their own.
In the event of a tie, the first person to receive the winning number of votes will be lynched.
If nobody receives at least 2 votes, the Lynch mob has failed to choose a victim and everybody goes to sleep without a lynching.
Should the lynchers generate a majority vote at any time, the Day phase will end prematurely as soon as the Narrator responds. Feel free to prod the narrator via private message if they don't seem to notice the majority vote.
Night
At night, the Seer, Werewolves, Baner, Fool and Devil will select their targets. The Narrator will return the results to them as soon as possible. If no messages are received from a particular player within 24 hours of real time from nightfall, their ability will be wasted for that night. If you have an ability, be sure to use it. If you can't be around to use your ability, get a non-player proxy to relay your choice.

To business:
At this point, it's time to sign up. A handful of people seem interested in taking up the reigns of narrator for this game (myself included), so include in your signup whether you want to play or to Narrate. In the case of multiple narrators, until the game begins any narrator may change their mind and take up the role of players. If multiple narrators remain, the job will be shared and the Narrators will work out amongst themselves how the work will be distributed.

Korith signs up for the position of Narrator

Signups to date:
-- Players (39) --
Alarra
Atreyu the Masked LLama
B-Man
Bookman
Cain2005
Captain_Smellie_Hippie
Cathrindir
Chris the Pontifex
DarkLightDragon
Death; your friend the Reaper
Destro Yersul
Dispozition
DungeonMaster77
evnafets
Gezina van den Vechte
Gralamin Shieldheart
Joosbawx
Kantur
Kyrian
Lucky, The Leprechaun
Major Geek
Malmagor
Master Fullbladder, of Narf
Newbie in the Playground
Pocky
Raldor
Rilik
Runeclaw
Selrahc
Shyftir
Silanas, Vengeance Seeker
Sneak
The Eldritch Knight Myrij
Tormsskull
Tusserte
veecher
Weebl and Bob
Xylric
ZombieRockStar

-- Narrators (2) --
Korith
The Roaming Gnome

Bookman
2006-09-16, 06:15 PM
I wanna play again! ;D

Lucky
2006-09-16, 06:18 PM
PICK ME!!! PICK ME!!!

Please...? :(

B-Man
2006-09-16, 06:20 PM
I think that I shall toss in my *empty* coffee mug into this round. It looks like fun!

Chris the Pontifex
2006-09-16, 06:20 PM
I'm in!

ZombieRockStar
2006-09-16, 06:22 PM
Korith is the werewolf!!!

*stab*
*eviscerate*
*stuff into vending machine*

I am going to be so screwed in this one... ;D

Madmal
2006-09-16, 06:29 PM
i want to play, though i haven't understood all the game, i'll look into the previous one to get me an idea...

Dragon_Rider
2006-09-16, 06:33 PM
MAFIA!!!

I love this game! Sign me up!

If Korith wants to actually play this one, I would be happy to narrate.

Joosbawx
2006-09-16, 06:46 PM
Oh oh oh oh oh! Me, too!

alcomoholik
2006-09-16, 07:03 PM
This may be my first post (Hi All ;D) but I followed the last game and would kill to get involved in this one...........well, werewolves anyway, not villagers of course ;)

Xylric
2006-09-16, 07:05 PM
Mmmm.... Fresh Meat.

I'm in. ;D

Flabbicus
2006-09-16, 07:08 PM
Me too!

Maybe I won't be the crazy guy this time!

v The heathen victim returns!

Kantur
2006-09-16, 07:08 PM
I'm in!

Bookman
2006-09-16, 07:09 PM
This may be my first post (Hi All ;D) but I followed the last game and would kill to get involved in this one...........well, werewolves anyway, not villagers of course ;)

Welcome to the boards to both you and ^^ ;)

We should be special for you wanting to join the boards just for this game ;D

Cathrindir
2006-09-16, 07:19 PM
Ooh! Ooh! I'm in! I'm in!

Sneak
2006-09-16, 07:20 PM
I'm in. Since I'm not on vacation, I'll actually be active this time.

Flabbicus
2006-09-16, 07:24 PM
I'm in. Since I'm not on vacation, I'll actually be active this time.

He's showing interest! Run!

ZombieRockStar
2006-09-16, 07:25 PM
As a precaution, I vote we begin by lynching all of those who were wolves last time, just to be sure.

Bookman
2006-09-16, 07:28 PM
As a precaution, I vote we begin by lynching all of those who were wolves last time, just to be sure.

NOoooooooooo! I got the shot! I'm all better now! I swear! ;D

Flabbicus
2006-09-16, 07:38 PM

Agreed.

*Pulls back the hammer on his rifle*

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-09-16, 08:15 PM
*Death slinks in and puts his hand up, trying to stay away from all thsoe he voted to murder.*

May I be in for the next round? Sorry to all those who we killed, and the fact that I pretended never to have played the game before ;)

Hope you guys enjoyed the ending, wrote it at 1:34am, so there would be a few mistakes if anything.

*Death smiles sheepily*

Congradulations to those who made it to the end Shyfter, Rilik, Murky Pool (who tried to vote for me before the last round started, but luckily went and voted for Sneak in the end) and suspicious Zombie Rock Star (Right on some accounts, you know there turned out that there was never was a slient wolf for that game?).

This is also acts as a public annoucement to say I am sorry for lieing, cheating, deciving, despite how fun it was ;)

...Oh and I wanted to rub it in {insert angle face}

Again thanks to all who played and to my Good werewolf friends Bookman, Cathrindir, Peultimate Minion/aka Korith, who went away with my ramblings of inserting narrations and such, like the feath of Alarra, which wasn't at all a tatical decision. (Besides confusing who why we did it)

*Death notices the sun is rising and he starts to return to humanoid.*

Well what is in the past is past. I'm in for the next game.

Madmal
2006-09-16, 08:26 PM
ok, read the last game
and i'm definately in

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-09-16, 08:30 PM
Atreyu wants to play!!

Dragon_Rider
2006-09-16, 08:30 PM
Wow... lets tally this up real quick.

People who want to play:

Korith - Willing to narrate
Bookman
Lucky
B-Man
Chris the Pontifex (accidently put a "t" at the end of his name >.<)
ZombieRockStar
Malmagor
The Roaming Gnome - Willing to narrate
Joosbawx
Newbie in the Playground
Xylric
Rilik
Kantur
Cathrindir
Sneak
Death
Atreyu
Gralamin

18 people so far!

Gralamin
2006-09-16, 09:21 PM
Me, Me Pick Me!

kullenwulf
2006-09-16, 09:25 PM
I think I'm going to wait ONE MORE iteration of this game before I jump in...besides, I'd be too obvious!

Aroooooo wolves!

Gralamin
2006-09-16, 09:48 PM
Korith - Willing to narrate
Bookman
Lucky
B-Man
Chris the Pontifex (accidently put a "t" at the end of his name >.<)
ZombieRockStar
Malmagor
The Roaming Gnome - Willing to narrate
Joosbawx
Newbie in the Playground
Xylric
Rilik
Kantur
Cathrindir
Sneak
Death
Atreyu
Gralamin

I'm willing to keep detailed voting records for each round, to aide in our discovery of those fiends.
For Example:
Round -1
Gralamin accuses Atreyu
Cathrindir accuses Gralamin
Sneak accuses Death
Death accuses Gralamin
Gralamin accuses Death
Atreyu accuses death

Lynching time: Death
Role: Werewolf
[hr]
Round 0
Korith is found dead...
[hr]

I will also be keep tables and charts of voting patterns for my own use, occasionally sharing them.
I will do this even If I'm killed.

Dragon_Rider
2006-09-16, 09:58 PM
I'm willing to keep detailed voting records for each round, to aide in our discovery of those fiends.
For Example:
Round -1
Gralamin accuses Atreyu
Cathrindir accuses Gralamin
Sneak accuses Death
Death accuses Gralamin
Gralamin accuses Death
Atreyu accuses death

Lynching time: Death
Role: Werewolf
[hr]
Round 0
Korith is found dead...
[hr]

I will also be keep tables and charts of voting patterns for my own use, occasionally sharing them.
I will do this even If I'm killed.

Unless you're the werewolf, than we can't trust anything you post and it would be in your best interest to not post the complete information since its only real purporse is to flush out the werewolves, of which you are one.

Gralamin
2006-09-16, 10:10 PM
however there is no way for me to know if I'm a werewolf before the game begins.

and Wouldn't I keep the info straight until at least the 3rd round? where it would be troublesome to go back and check? At the same time before then even with this info your guessing blindly.

Also I Guess it would make more sense If I stopped when I was killed, but give out all my information at that point and let someone else carry on.

To Korth: Will we Know how many wolfs there is at the beginning of the game? or will we be guessing?

Edit: Hmm I have an Idea. Every Night I could pm Korth and one other living member where my notes are (which I change everyday). So If they end up being a wolf and kills me, my notes are destroyed. If it isn't and I'm killed, that person can recover my notes.

Lucky
2006-09-16, 10:16 PM
Personally, I think we had one too many werewolves last time, but this one we should have more people, so 4 or 5 should be good.

But I'm not Korith. *shrug*

2006-09-16, 10:19 PM
Did we have any masions last game? Because we as werewolves certainly didn't have any devils...

Flabbicus
2006-09-16, 10:26 PM
Well it seemed that I was the fool... so I think there was one.

Gralamin
2006-09-16, 10:27 PM
Did we have any masions last game? Because we as werewolves certainly didn't have any devils...

nope, You guys didn't. At least as far as I could tell.

Lucky
2006-09-16, 10:34 PM
Well it seemed that I was the fool... so I think there was one.
Hehe... Indeed, you were quite the fool. ;)

2006-09-16, 10:34 PM
Ah well, although I will say it wasn't easy being a wolf.There are some very smart players out there....luckily we managed to neutralise them ;)

Oh and Joowsbox was killed for the irony factor. Remember never to make yourself a target by leaving yourself open to attack by saying something humourous that can be twisted when you die. ;)

Actually I thought Lucky was the fool. After all when Rilik saw Bookman he saw a werewolf, which is what he was.

Gralamin
2006-09-16, 10:43 PM
Fool is random I belive, It can be right, but could be wrong.

Lucky
2006-09-16, 10:44 PM
Actually I thought Lucky was the fool. After all when Rilik saw Bookman he saw a werewolf, which is what he was.
Possibly, I was quite aware of that possibility, but I looked at Rilik first and saw a Fool, so he was either a Fool or Seer, and not a werewolf. I looked at Alarra second, and posthumously found out that Alarra was indeed what I saw.

Flabbicus
2006-09-16, 10:46 PM
Possibly, I was quite aware of that possibility, but I looked at Rilik first and saw a Fool, so he was either a Fool or Seer, and not a werewolf. I looked at Alarra second, and posthumously found out that Alarra was indeed what I saw.

I looked at Joosbawx and saw the seer.

Gah! My brain!

Lucky
2006-09-16, 10:48 PM
I looked at Joosbawx and saw the seer.

Gah! My brain!
Ladies and gentlemen, you have your Fool.

Gralamin
2006-09-16, 10:49 PM
see above when I said that the fool sees random things.

And isn't the fool supposed to see the seer AS the fool?

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-16, 10:50 PM
I'll sign up.

2006-09-16, 10:51 PM
*Death roles his eyes*

Check your head, do you have a third eye?

But yes, it does look like Rilik was a fool, he just saw the correct one when he viewed Bookman.

Dragon_Rider
2006-09-16, 10:51 PM
see above when I said that the fool sees random things.

And isn't the fool supposed to see the seer AS the fool?

Not necessarily, whether he sees right or not is random. If he sees wrong on the seer, than he sees the fool.

Flabbicus
2006-09-16, 10:54 PM
You know what I mean, I though Joosbawx was the fool.

Although I dreaded the thought that I might be the fool, which was the truth.

Lucky
2006-09-16, 10:58 PM
You know what I mean, I though Joosbawx was the fool.

Although I dreaded the thought that I might be the fool, which was the truth.

That thought killed me too, I looked at it from every angle before giving up and trusting my gut that I was the Seer.

2006-09-16, 11:03 PM
That thought killed me too, I looked at it from every angle before giving up and trusting my gut that I was the Seer.

We trusted you were the seer as well ;)

Lucky
2006-09-16, 11:08 PM
We trusted you were the seer as well ;)

If I'm ever a wolf, you're first buddy.

Dragon_Rider
2006-09-16, 11:09 PM
Well, now if Death dies the first night, Lucky's a wolf, unless someone sets Lucky up by killing Death.

Flabbicus
2006-09-16, 11:11 PM
I ignored my gut and thought I was the seer.

Gralamin
2006-09-16, 11:13 PM
My notes, Currently minus the guy who just recently signed up:
http://www.editgrid.com/user/gralamin/Werewolf

Edit1: It looks a lot nicer in excel, I'll mainly be using it on the net for ease of graphs.

2006-09-16, 11:23 PM
If I'm ever a wolf, you're first buddy.
I have the feeling I won't live very long for some unkown reason :P

I hope Alarra dosen't have any hard feelings from last round...

Gralamin
2006-09-16, 11:26 PM
updated to include all current people!

Alarra
2006-09-16, 11:55 PM
Hard feelings? of course not =)

Count me in for this round.

Gralamin
2006-09-16, 11:58 PM
Yay Alarra! *goes to add her in*

InaVegt
2006-09-17, 05:36 AM
Count me in as well

evnafets
2006-09-17, 05:41 AM
I'll throw in the gauntlet to try again.

BTW for your guys info, there were 3 masons in the last game: Shyftir, ZombieRockStar and evnafets (myself)
That would explain why all the finger-pointing at ZombieRockstar didn't go your way ;-) We knew he wasn't a werewolf.

I picked two out of the remaining three werewolves (Bookman and Cathrindr), though Death was playing a deep game. I also considered that Sneak may have been a silent wolf, because he was active in other parts of the forum, just not in this game. That was my last communication to the mason brethren before the werewolves obviously considered me a threat and took the appropriate steps.

Anyway, its a clean slate for this one. Werewolves beware!

Kantur
2006-09-17, 05:45 AM
*Sigh* You'dve thought people would've learned from the last game and quotes being taken from before roles had been assigned (I'm looking at you Korith! And on a side note to all the Werewolf I players, I told you so, I told you so! :P), so saying things like "If I'm a wolf..." is just setting yourself up for a lynching...

2006-09-17, 05:59 AM
Ah, those Mason's complicated things, I think I poked my finger at ZRS a few times. Well the werewolves were at a slight disavantage with no flippin' devil a mile around. (only one missed) Although, I was going to accuse Murky Pool of being a devil, since he constantly went for the baner, not sure how that would work though, but Zombie Rock Star was certain about me and Sneak being a werewolf. So I capitizled on Sneak, after all his response was excatly like I predicted, it would be rather amusing, but unconvincing. When ZRS cast his vote Cathrindr cast his and quickly PMed Alarra.

Although using Kantur's quotes turned agaisnt me almost. Kantur suspected Rilik and PMinion. I carefully censored (Sorry Kantur) the bits about PMinion to postition Rilik to look in the wrong. This backfired though due to Lucky....

Ah, yeah, sorry about that evnafets ;) I have played werewolf/mafia many a time in Real life, I just tried to make it look like I had no idea what the game was. :P

V Oh my goodness! I susspected all the werewolves to! Amazing ;)

Shyftir
2006-09-17, 09:25 AM
I want in if its not too late!
yeah I suspected all the wolves at the end and knew sneak wasn't but couldn't post for a couple days cuz of stuff going on. Darn...

ZombieRockStar
2006-09-17, 09:35 AM
Ah, so then it's completely my fault that we lost.

Um...sorry?

2006-09-17, 09:44 AM
Ah, so then it's completely my fault that we lost.

Um...sorry?

No, don't be sorry at all.
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j139/z-t/Deathwolf2.gif
*Death Cynewulf licks his blood stained paw*

I don't hold anything against you.

V That is complicated. How do you know the roles?

Gralamin
2006-09-17, 09:56 AM
my notes, with very little infromation entered thus far, is 71 kb.

Here take a look at the online version:

alcomoholik
2006-09-17, 11:03 AM
I know the plan was to keep the applications to play open until Tues 7pm but with over 20 people wanting to play already shall we cut it short to 7pm tonight instead? Otherwise it looks like we're gonna have about 50 people or more playing?

Lucky
2006-09-17, 11:54 AM
I know the plan was to keep the applications to play open until Tues 7pm but with over 20 people wanting to play already shall we cut it short to 7pm tonight instead? Otherwise it looks like we're gonna have about 50 people or more playing?

... So?

Kantur
2006-09-17, 11:55 AM
More people just means it lasts longer and is more interesting...

Selrahc
2006-09-17, 12:04 PM
Hi. Can I play too? I know I'm new to this forum, but I've played this game before In real life, and the last game looked cool. Feel free to say know if you want someone with more track record of posting on this forum.

Lucky
2006-09-17, 12:14 PM
Newbie has only posted in this thread, why would we not let you in? Come on in!

Selrahc
2006-09-17, 12:19 PM
Thanks ;D

Korith
2006-09-17, 03:01 PM
Thank you for your interest, everyone! As a reminder, signups continue until 7:00PM EST (GMT-5:00) on Tuesday. That's midnight for those of you running on GMT - nice and easy to calculate for anyone else who knows their timezone.

Here is a fully compiled list of signups to date, in alphabetical order:

Playing:
Alarra
Atreyu the Masked LLama
B-Man
Bookman
Cathrindir
Chris the Pontifex
Destro Yersul
evnafets
Gezina van den Vechte
Gralamin Shieldheart
Joosbawx
Kantur
Lucky, The Leprechaun
Malmagor
Newbie in the Playground
Rilik
Selrahc
Shyftir
Sneak
Xylric
ZombieRockStar

Narrator Team:
Korith
The Roaming Gnome

Currently, that's 22 players and 2 narrators. If The Roaming Gnome wishes to switch to "player", that'll be 23 players so far.

Here is the table I will be using for Werewolves to players:
5-10 players: 2 werewolves
11-16 players: 3 werewolves
17-22 players: 4 werewolves
23-28 players: 5 werewolves
29-34 players: 6 werewolves
etc.

The masons will have an unknown number of members at the start of the game. As per the rules, at least 2.

The remaining positions will be unique, ie, only one Seer/Baner/Fool/Devil

Finally, Newbie in the Playground, the signup is being kept until Tuesday because some people's forum behaviours is more heavily during the week than on the weekend. I chose signups until Tuesday to give those people a chance to notice the game and sign up. Don't worry, though. There are only a finite number of SMBG forumites, and most of those interested will have already signed up. The process is already well into the cooldown phase.

DungeonMaster77
2006-09-17, 03:02 PM
Hey guys. A BIG thanks to Alarra for finishing my game out, and for Korith/Penultimate Minion for starting the new thread. To those of you who were wondering, I just got to Kandahar about 10 hours ago, have been up since 2:30 am, it is 1 am here locally, and won't be able to go to bed for 8 more hours. I won't be able to join this game until tomorrow, so I'll miss the deadline. I'll watch it, and see you all next game!

Korith
2006-09-17, 03:48 PM
DungeonMaster77, I think you've got an international dateline thing going on. It's still Sunday here, so at the time I'm posting this, there are roughly 51 hours, 13 minutes left to join the game.

Still, if you're not up to joining we'll understand. Again, thanks for getting this thing off the ground.

InaVegt
2006-09-17, 03:57 PM
Wants to start

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2006-09-17, 04:00 PM
Too late to stick my wicker hat in the running? No? Good. Especially because I left my Wicker Hat in my other dimension.

IE: I'm in.

Korith
2006-09-17, 04:13 PM
Wants to start

I understand the sentiment, but I'm sticking by the rules as they've been set forth. You'll get a reminder once things do start again - but feel free to discuss strategy with everyone else here up until the game does start.

Eldritch Knight
2006-09-17, 04:42 PM
Ah, Korith, Korith, Korith....

Do you really think I'd stay out of this game? Count me in...

EKM

Madmal
2006-09-17, 08:26 PM
let me ask something...

what is the exact purpose of Mansons? do they know each other?

((yes...stealth bump))

Korith
2006-09-17, 08:45 PM
The advantage of the masons is that they're all villagers and they all know each other to be villagers. This gives them the special advantage to avoid voting themselves off (the villager disadvantage is that they, generally, don't know if they're about to kill a werewolf, their own, or...worse of all, one of their "special" villagers).

Well-played masons can keep themselves from being voted for, but in the late game may begin to resemble the werewolves (in the sense that they visibly band together...somethng the common folk tend to suspect). Of note is that if the masons outnumber the werewolves later in the game, they can reliably win by voting to kill a werewolf each turn (provided they don't bump off an innocent villager outside of their fold...but c'est la vie).

2006-09-17, 08:48 PM
They also form complex and constitutionalized nations, that go down the drain a hundred or so years later. But that's only if they're free.

What? You really expected me to pass up that?

Tussy the Druid
2006-09-17, 08:50 PM
Oooh i make good werewolf!! Grawr!! Sign me up!!

Madmal
2006-09-17, 08:56 PM
i just hope most of people will post... the voting could be easily delayed...

Korith
2006-09-17, 09:04 PM
Fullbladder, they couldn't be free. They're just as stuck as you are because of these horrible snowstorms.

Tusserte, welcome aboard. If you do turn out to be a werewolf, try not to be obvious about it.

Malgamor, you'll notice in the rules that I tweaked voting so that we don't have to worry about silent voters anymore. Essentially, there is a 48 hour *real time* limit to arrive at a vote, and it takes at least 2 votes on one person to make a lynching. Naturally, if there is a majority we'll push right on ahead with nightfall. It's all there.

evnafets
2006-09-17, 09:05 PM
Judging from the last game, a Mason is just a villager with a little more information. The mason knows the other members of the "masonic brotherhood" and thus can discount them as possibilities for werewolves.

You can make your vote as a block, and also try and protect each other during the day, offering arguments as to why an accused brother would be innocent.
Beware though: such actions can make the brotherhood of masons look like the brotherhood of wolves.

Since you know eachother, you can also send PMs to eachother. DungeonMaster77 ruled that seeing as he couldn't enforce "nightly" meetings, we could PM whenever we chose. However for the most part we didn't bother. There is enough communication during the day in the banter to see where people are voting. A couple of nightly messages were passed as to who we suspected. I did so on the night before I was killed, because I was half expecting to be a target (its not like there was a lot of choice left).

Madmal
2006-09-17, 09:08 PM
Judging from the last game, a Mason is just a villager with a little more information. The mason knows the other members of the "masonic brotherhood" and thus can discount them as possibilities for werewolves.

You can make your vote as a block, and also try and protect each other during the day, offering arguments as to why an accused brother would be innocent.
Beware though: such actions can make the brotherhood of masons look like the brotherhood of wolves.

Since you know eachother, you can also send PMs to eachother. DungeonMaster77 ruled that seeing as he couldn't enforce "nightly" meetings, we could PM whenever we chose. However for the most part we didn't bother. There is enough communication during the day in the banter to see where people are voting. A couple of nightly messages were passed as to who we suspected. I did so on the night before I was killed, because I was half expecting to be a target (its not like there was a lot of choice left).

this could delay us a little....but i think it'll work fine...

so, what do you expect to be? i hope i get to be a manson, the seer (or devil) or the baner...:)

Tussy the Druid
2006-09-17, 09:09 PM
Fullbladder, they couldn't be free. They're just as stuck as you are because of these horrible snowstorms.

Tusserte, welcome aboard. If you do turn out to be a werewolf, try not to be obvious about it.

Malgamor, you'll notice in the rules that I tweaked voting so that we don't have to worry about silent voters anymore. Essentially, there is a 48 hour *real time* limit to arrive at a vote, and it takes at least 2 votes on one person to make a lynching. Naturally, if there is a majority we'll push right on ahead with nightfall. It's all there.

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, I'll be discreet. I'm not a total idiot. Close to it though :D

Eldritch Knight
2006-09-17, 09:20 PM
More than likely, as has been proven by experience in the past, either I or Xylric will end up either as a 'special' villiager or a werewolf, and the other - Nothing. It always happens. Might be because we're twins.....

evnafets
2006-09-17, 09:26 PM
expect to be a plain vanilla villager.
It is the most common role.

The last game started with 16 players (excluding the narrator)
I think the breakdown at the end was this (someone please correct me if I got your role wrong, but I think most of them have been nutted out)

4 werewolves (Penultimate Minion/Korith, Death, Cathrindir, Bookman)
3 masons (Shyftir, ZombieRockStar, evnafets)
1 seer (Lucky the Leprechaun)
1 fool (Rilik)
1 baner (Ninja Commander Kitsune)
6 villagers (Alarra, Joosbawx, Kantur, MajorGeek, MurkyPool, Sneak/Van)

Dispozition
2006-09-17, 09:34 PM
Sign me up for this misadventure. It sounds like fun.

But also looks mighty confusing. Is there a 'Werewolf for dummies' guide anywhere around?

Lucky
2006-09-17, 09:49 PM

But also looks mighty confusing. Is there a 'Werewolf for dummies' guide anywhere around?

Sure, just play along. ;)

Gralamin
2006-09-17, 10:06 PM
dang I have to add a lot of people, can anyone give me a full list?

Kantur
2006-09-17, 10:10 PM
From the previous page:

Playing:
Alarra
Atreyu the Masked LLama
B-Man
Bookman
Cathrindir
Chris the Pontifex
Destro Yersul
evnafets
Gezina van den Vechte
Gralamin Shieldheart
Joosbawx
Kantur
Lucky, The Leprechaun
Malmagor
Newbie in the Playground
Rilik
Selrahc
Shyftir
Sneak
Xylric
ZombieRockStar

Narrator Team:
Korith
The Roaming Gnome

Gralamin
2006-09-17, 10:12 PM
I think your missing like 4 people.

Korith
2006-09-17, 10:13 PM
Graelmin is correct. The fully compiled list is:
Alarra
Atreyu the Masked LLama
B-Man
Bookman
Cathrindir
Chris the Pontifex
Destro Yersul
Dispozition
evnafets
Gezina van den Vechte
Gralamin Shieldheart
Joosbawx
Kantur
Lucky, The Leprechaun
Malmagor
Newbie in the Playground
Rilik
Selrahc
Shyftir
Sneak
Tusserte
Xylric
ZombieRockStar

[hr]

Take it from your narrator:

Werewolf's guide to Werewolf
Your objective is to make sure the villagers all die. As a werewolf, you have the advantage of information - you know who the other werewolves are, and therefore who the villagers are. Each night, you and your comrades decide on one villager to kill. The following morning the villagers will decide who to lynch.
Note 1 for being a werewolf: Don't do anything to make the villagers suspect you. If they do, they'll be able to lynch you right away. Once you're dead, that's it. No resurrections in this game, buddy.
Note 2 for being a werewolf: The best thing you can do is to get the villagers to lynch each other. That way, you get your nightly kills and they help you thin the population. If you can continue this, you can win the game.

Villager's Guide to Werewolf
The world is a scary place. Anybody could be a werewolf - except you, since you're a villager. If you're lucky, you might even be a Mason, which will show you some other "non-wolves" to work with in order to solve this game. Try not to make your fellow villagers suspect you - if they lynch you its like they gave a free point to the werewolves, and you don't want that. If you can figure out who the werewolves are, make sure that the other villagers (and not the werewolves) are informed of this. Then kill 'em all via lynching.
Note 1 for being a villager: Your advantage is that you outnumber the werewolves. If you can find them quickly, the game is easily won. Too many mistakes, though, and it'll be all over for you.
Note 2 for being a villager: If you have a special role, it's very important not to let the werewolves find out. If you're a seer who manages to find a mason, it might be in your interests to try and get in on their game (by introducing yourself). If you can convince them that you're actually a seer and not a werewolf, they just might lend you a helping hand (on the other hand, if you're a Mason and someone PM's you with a "Hey, I'm the seer! Let's be friends!", be very cautious. You never know if the Werewolf Devil is trying to infilitrate from within!). If you're a baner, remember that you can bane yourself. Sometimes, the baner does well to attract attention to him/herself in order to provoke werewolf attacks. A baner who blocks the attacks by self-shielding gives the seer another chance to find out who the true werewolves are.

Common element to the game: Pay close attention to your opponents. Chances are, half the people are trying to deceive you while the rest are telling the truth. Use a careful balance of logic and intuition.

Final say: Have fun. Even if you're dead, cheer on your team (but don't try to sway the game. That's no fun). Swear bloody revenge in the next life, and always face the gallows with a smile.

Kantur
2006-09-17, 10:20 PM
I think your missing like 4 people.

It's 3.20 in the morning here, to be fair...

Madmal
2006-09-17, 10:26 PM
here's just 21: 26...

Gralamin
2006-09-17, 10:27 PM
It's 3.20 in the morning here, to be fair...

I never said you had to do it :P, I'm busy doing quite a bit here as well

The graphs can't take it Captain!
I'll up date my notes with hyperlinks soon

Madmal
2006-09-18, 12:05 AM
and i'm going to bed now, goodbye!

*shameless bump!!*

Gralamin
2006-09-18, 12:14 AM
*cry* the way I made it I can't Hyperlink it.

I'm going to comment this thing to the next millennium.

here's the Revised chart:

Wolfs Please Be Very Efficient.

Korith
2006-09-18, 08:06 AM
Nice spreadsheet. I've made up one of my own for reference (not to mention programming it to dole out positions for when the registration closes).

On the subject of registration, 35 hours to go!

2006-09-18, 08:17 AM
How are you going to choose roles Korith?

Roll for them?

Kyrian
2006-09-18, 08:23 AM
Damnit, did I miss getting into this game...again?

2006-09-18, 08:32 AM
On the subject of registration, 35 hours to go!

^ Unless you have a really long lamenatation on how you missed it, I think you can still get in ;)

Dispozition
2006-09-18, 08:35 AM
No way. Not by a long shot. You've still got something like 34.5 hours left.

And thanks for the dummies guide Korith. It all makes sense now.

Kyrian
2006-09-18, 08:37 AM
Oh, well then I want in.

And Death, I wasn't here when it started, because I was back home, with my girlfriend, proposing.

DarkLightDragon
2006-09-18, 08:44 AM
Another werewolf round? YAY! LEMME IN! Please? ;)

Selrahc
2006-09-18, 08:52 AM
If you need another role(Given that there are about 23 villagers and only a few special roles) I remember the Hunter, whenev er he died he took someone else down with him.

Tormsskull
2006-09-18, 09:03 AM
This sounds like fun. Sign me up please.

Korith
2006-09-18, 09:16 AM
How are you going to choose roles Korith?

Roll for them?
I've created a spreadsheet that distributes the roles with a sequence generation algorithm. If anyone wants to know the guts of the spreadsheet system, ask me by PM. I don't want to spam the thread with an overdose of programming jargon.

If you need another role(Given that there are about 23 villagers and only a few special roles) I remember the Hunter, whenever he died he took someone else down with him.
I've thought about working in additional roles (I also had an idea of an Alpha wolf who could, once during the game in place of killing someone at night, turn a villager into a werewolf). My conclusion for the time being is that we can discuss the addition and removal of roles after the game.

I just thought a way of winning, if I created twenty or so accounts I could have a monopoly on this game, or I could be more subtle by creating only one or two....
Hardly impossible, but what do you do if your accounts are on opposite sides?

Updated List:
-- Players (32) --
Alarra
Atreyu the Masked LLama
B-Man
Bookman
Cathrindir
Chris the Pontifex
DarkLightDragon
Destro Yersul
Dispozition
evnafets
Gezina van den Vechte
Gralamin Shieldheart
Joosbawx
Kantur
Kyrian
Lucky, The Leprechaun
Malmagor
Newbie in the Playground
Pocky
Rilik
Runeclaw
Selrahc
Shyftir
Silanas, Vengeance Seeker
Sneak
Tormsskull
Tusserte
Xylric
ZombieRockStar

-- Narrators (2) --
Korith
The Roaming Gnome

2006-09-18, 09:18 AM
I just thought a way of winning, if I created twenty or so accounts I could have a monopoly on this game, or I could be more subtle by creating only one or two....

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-09-18, 09:23 AM
*Smacks Death with a rolled up newspaper*

"Bad Death! No cheating."

I think the Alpha Wolf sounds like a great character.

Selrahc
2006-09-18, 09:26 AM
I agree. The alpha wolf does sound cool, there should be a limit on uses of that ability though. Maybe just once... EDIT-Blah, I just realized you already have that in the description. I'm an idiot :-[

REEDIT I was doing that edit just as you pointed it out to me. Ah well.

Korith
2006-09-18, 09:37 AM
I've thought about working in additional roles (I also had an idea of an Alpha wolf who could, once during the game in place of killing someone at night, turn a villager into a werewolf). My conclusion for the time being is that we can discuss the addition and removal of roles after the game.

(Emphasis added)

Way ahead of you Selrahc.

alcomoholik
2006-09-18, 10:46 AM
Can't the Mods check your IP address to prevent you playing the game using more than one account (unless you use them from different internet sources I suppose)? Or is looking at that sort of thing only used when you're kicking someone off the boards?

Korith
2006-09-18, 10:53 AM
Yes they could theoretically check the logs, but "cheating at werewolf" isn't exactly a bannable offense.

Unless you're posting in the "Mod Election Results" game. Anything goes there. ;)

Runeclaw
2006-09-18, 12:32 PM
I'd like to play. Read the logs o the last one and found it very amusing.

Dragon_Rider
2006-09-18, 12:33 PM
Death, we know its you. Nice try. :P

Bookman
2006-09-18, 12:40 PM

And iffn it isn't him? Wouldn't ye feel bad fer the pixie?

I say we let him play!
YARrrrrrrrrrrr

Thrune
2006-09-18, 01:00 PM
Can't check all the time(Just once or twice a day for Tues-Thurs), but with that caveat, I'd like to play. I like this game.

Pocky
2006-09-18, 01:25 PM
I'd like to give this a try.

I have a conference this week (go go Interop), but my phone should be able to browse the forums, and I can try to hit a net cafe at night.

This sounds like a lot of fun. ^_^

Korith
2006-09-18, 01:26 PM
Got it - but please do try to participate when you can make it. (If you have a special role, we can coordinate in advance or via email to keep the game going)

Dragon_Rider
2006-09-18, 01:48 PM
And iffn it isn't him? Wouldn't ye feel bad fer the pixie?

I say we let him play!
YARrrrrrrrrrrr

I was just playing you confused little doggie, its only Monday here... still 10ish hours left.

Gralamin
2006-09-18, 06:31 PM
I'm updating my sheets now with the new people.

2006-09-18, 06:54 PM
You know the sad thing is that pixie isn't me...

Korith
2006-09-18, 07:01 PM
I've decided to put up the current version of my allocation spreadsheet here (http://hg.missingworlds.com/Werewolf.xls) for the reference of anyone who wants to review the guts. Please note that the number of Masons on this version is not final. That will remain a secret until the end of the game.

Added disclaimer: The positions shown on the spreadsheet are not the positions for the game.

Further edit: Removed scripts from spreadsheet that were used to speed along grabbing registrations from the forums.

Instructions: To have the spreadsheet make assignments, enter the list of players on the "Current As of Reply #121" sheet. Set the number of positions on the Position Randomizer sheet, and press "F9" to create new lists of who might be who.
Have fun :)

Runeclaw
2006-09-18, 07:02 PM

Its not.

I'm a long-time reader of OotS and happened to see the previous game in the forum. It sounded like fun, so I created an account for the first time.

ZombieRockStar
2006-09-18, 07:07 PM
Post at 3:00 pm EST, when it's 3:00 AM where Death lives, and then we'll believe you.

I'm kidding, of course. Welcome to the forums.

Flabbicus
2006-09-18, 07:11 PM
Its not.

I'm a long-time reader of OotS and happened to see the previous game in the forum. It sounded like fun, so I created an account for the first time.

WELCOME!

*Insert Fanfare Here*

TO THE GREATEST SHOW FORUM ON EARTH!!!

Korith
2006-09-18, 07:23 PM
In other news, registration closes in roughly 23 hours, 39 minutes.

Cathrindir
2006-09-18, 07:25 PM
Post at 3:00 pm EST, when it's 3:00 AM where Death lives, and then we'll believe you.

I'm kidding, of course. Welcome to the forums.
Welcome to the forums, new pixie!

2006-09-18, 07:25 PM
You know I could drag out my old personailty, although I only used him when the Town hadn't even started.

I'll post when I get home. See if you can ban the right pixie from playing the game. ;)

Gralamin
2006-09-18, 07:35 PM
24 hours more people? wow

And you do know you included peoples positions in that spreadsheet right? I'm guessing those are going to be changed.

Korith
2006-09-18, 07:42 PM
Addressed in the added disclaimer. It's a random generator, so the chances of things being identical to what the random generator shows you are...well

given n players, w werewolves, m masons and v villagers (and 1 of everything else)...

P(identical) = (w!*m!*v!)/n!
With 32 players, that's roughly 6.657x10-13%
So don't trust the simulation to be the answer ;)

Madmal
2006-09-18, 08:40 PM
still, more than 20 hours t' go? oh, man!!!

Gralamin
2006-09-18, 09:22 PM
Korth, what has your file done to me?
All my processes opened as an application window. I'm running scans now...

Korith
2006-09-18, 10:06 PM
Korth, what has your file done to me?
All my processes opened as an application window. I'm running scans now...

McAfee comes out clean, and I already removed the VBA attachment I was using.

...good question.

Dragon_Rider
2006-09-18, 10:21 PM
Perhaps Korith and I should explain to you how the dual narratorships are going to work.

I am going to be the Day Narrator meaning I deal with:
-The vote the townsman make during the day
-Descriptive text of the lynching
-Random bumpings of the threads (i.e. "The villagers grow restless") just so people don't forget about the game
-Managing any catastrophe that occurs in the thread, or any in general if Korith isn't online

Korith is going to be the Night Narrator and he deals with:
-Everything that occurs at night
-Receiving PMs from the Devil, Seer, Fool, Baner, Werewolves
-Telling the Devil, Seer, Fool who their target is
-Posting the death of whatever townsfolk dies in the morning.

I thinks thats basically it, but I feel like I missed something.

Gralamin
2006-09-19, 12:06 AM
McAfee comes out clean, and I already removed the VBA attachment I was using.

...good question.

Well whatever the hell it was, its gone now.

veecher
2006-09-19, 02:16 AM
i like this game, ill do it.

2006-09-19, 03:46 AM
*Death smiles and bumps this thread, so that more may join the game*

alcomoholik
2006-09-19, 07:21 AM
Less than 12 hours to go ;D - final call for everyone who wants to join the game!!!

DarkLightDragon
2006-09-19, 07:42 AM
Wheeee!

*excited*

I'll probably miss the beginning :( but I'll be sure to make it as soon as I can!

(edited a typo)

Korith
2006-09-19, 08:06 AM
i like this game, ill do it.

Got it. That's 33 players so far. If you signed up, please verify that your name is on the page 1 list. I'll be rolling up positions in just 11 hours.

Perhaps Korith and I should explain to you how the dual narratorships are going to work.

I am going to be the Day Narrator meaning I deal with:
-The vote the townsman make during the day
-Descriptive text of the lynching
-Random bumpings of the threads (i.e. "The villagers grow restless") just so people don't forget about the game
-Managing any catastrophe that occurs in the thread, or any in general if Korith isn't online

Korith is going to be the Night Narrator and he deals with:
-Everything that occurs at night
-Receiving PMs from the Devil, Seer, Fool, Baner, Werewolves
-Telling the Devil, Seer, Fool who their target is
-Posting the death of whatever townsfolk dies in the morning.

I thinks thats basically it, but I feel like I missed something.

Only who's starting this off. I'll be making the opening post at in-game "daybreak". Gnome, you can take over from there until "nightfall".

DungeonMaster77
2006-09-19, 12:14 PM
Yes, I think I do. I am 9 1/2 hours ahead of all of you back in the states, so yeah...Yes, I want to play. Put me on the list.

Deckmaster
2006-09-19, 12:15 PM
Count me in. I got kinda cheated last time because I didn't check my PMs for a few days and then showed up just in time to get killed. So...yeah, I wanna try again.

Korith
2006-09-19, 12:19 PM
Major Geek and DungeonMaster77 - check. That's 35 strong! Maybe we can reach 40 before the deadline ;)

EDIT: 6 hours, 35 minutes remain for registration.

Lucky
2006-09-19, 12:40 PM
35 people! Wow! I wonder how many we'll get next time around...

Korith
2006-09-19, 12:43 PM
35, not counting narrators.
This game has the potential to run until January (with a probable end date in mid-December) Good times for all!

Madmal
2006-09-19, 12:49 PM
ARRRR!!

smellie_hippie
2006-09-19, 12:53 PM
Avast ye land lubbers!! I'll be tossin' me Captains Hat in for this game round!

Korith
2006-09-19, 12:57 PM
Welcome aboard!

Selrahc
2006-09-19, 01:23 PM
This game is pleasingly huge. :)

Cain2005
2006-09-19, 01:29 PM
I want to play :)

Korith
2006-09-19, 01:31 PM
Welcome, welcome! That's 37 players, 4 hours to go for registration.

Weebl
2006-09-19, 03:21 PM
Heck i'll join

Khelendros
2006-09-19, 03:50 PM
Boo, fun game more fun in person cause you get to see facial expressions...guys should try it with your friends on top of on the forums.

Korith
2006-09-19, 03:52 PM
Weebl and Bob, welcome to the games ;D

Madmal
2006-09-19, 04:25 PM
how much time till we start? i'm impatient!!

oh well...i'll be on the pirate contest...

((yes, yes..shameless bump and advertizing...sorry))

Korith
2006-09-19, 04:34 PM
how much time till we start? i'm impatient!!

oh well...i'll be on the pirate contest...

((yes, yes..shameless bump and advertizing...sorry))

Positions will be determined in roughly 2.5 hours, after signup has closed.

As it takes some time to PM everyone their positions (especially as there are 38 of you right now), you can expect to have a PM sitting in your inbox telling you what you are (and what you know if you're a Mason, Devil or Werewolf) in about 5.5 hours.

The game will officially start in about 6.5 hours (specifically, right after I make a post declaring the game as begun), but once you know your positions you will have your chance to discuss strategy among your teammates. If you don't have any teammates (and you likely won't), you can instead make a bunch of noise on the thread to keep it near the first page. Ideally, you might start working yourself into character (as applicable). If you do have teammates (especially werewolf ones!), you may also want to participate in the noisemaking stage of the game so that you don't look suspicious.

B-Man
2006-09-19, 04:38 PM
I await patiently for this game to come underway. I'm not sure when (or if) I will be able to actively post this week (my internet is being a pain and I can't use my wireless, so I have to share my laptop with my family). Other than that, I eagerly await the beginning of the game!!

Weebl
2006-09-19, 04:44 PM
I can only post during 7:00AM-7:30AM and 4:00PM-9:00PM on weekdays but most of the time on weekends.

((This GMT btw))

Korith
2006-09-19, 04:46 PM
'Tis fine, 'Tis fine. This is one of the reasons why I'm running 48 hour turns. People with daily availabilities get the chance to check at least twice to see what's happening. If they miss a day, then at least they have a shot at getting a vote in.

If you can't make it every day...well, last game suggested that those people tend to die quickly.

Cain2005
2006-09-19, 05:05 PM
By the way, I am able to post most of the time on monday, tuesday,Thruday, and Friday, but can't on Wed, and the weekends, will this work? ??? ???

Lucky
2006-09-19, 05:17 PM
ONLY 105 MINUTES LEFT!!!

*GASP*

But will anyone else sign up!?

Duhn-duhn-duuuuuuh...

The Valiant Turtle
2006-09-19, 05:40 PM
Well, you need at least one last-minute sign up, right? I guess it may as well be me.

Consider my hat tossed into the ring. Wait, I don't wear a hat! Consider one of my gauntlets of the distant claws tossed into the rign.

Lucky
2006-09-19, 05:46 PM
Excellent work Raldor! ;D

smellie_hippie
2006-09-19, 06:06 PM
Positions will be determined in roughly 2.5 hours, after signup has closed.

As it takes some time to PM everyone their positions (especially as there are 38 of you right now), you can expect to have a PM sitting in your inbox telling you what you are (and what you know if you're a Mason, Devil or Werewolf) in about 5.5 hours.

The game will officially start in about 6.5 hours (specifically, right after I make a post declaring the game as begun), but once you know your positions you will have your chance to discuss strategy among your teammates. If you don't have any teammates (and you likely won't), you can instead make a bunch of noise on the thread to keep it near the first page. Ideally, you might start working yourself into character (as applicable). If you do have teammates (especially werewolf ones!), you may also want to participate in the noisemaking stage of the game so that you don't look suspicious.

So to make certain I be understandin' tha rules. We be expected to post (as villagers) who we want to walk the plank.
If we be werewolves, we vote as villagers but PM the narrator who get shanghaied at nightfall... same goes for Mason, Seer, Devil, etc...
Am I right? If that's not right... I'll blast ye to smithereens! You bilge drinking, law abidin', gutter smellin', barnacle brains!

Gralamin
2006-09-19, 06:36 PM
*gets ready to make a super sheet*

ZombieRockStar
2006-09-19, 06:40 PM
Avast ye! Thar be only 20 minutes left to be signing up!

Join!!!

2006-09-19, 06:52 PM
*pushes thread up*

Can we name our villiage?

Selrahc
2006-09-19, 06:54 PM
That sounds like a good idea to me.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-19, 06:58 PM
Why don't we be cliche and name it "the village?"
Oddly, it makes sense in more than one way.

Korith
2006-09-19, 07:03 PM
Signup is now officially CLOSED.

I will be contacting everyone shortly with your roles.

The Valiant Turtle
2006-09-19, 07:03 PM
"the village" is good.

alternate suggestion:
"Silent Hill" or perhaps "Quiet Knoll" for a less blatant rip-off.

Lucky
2006-09-19, 07:04 PM
I agree, we should name our village!

Wolfington!!! ::)

2006-09-19, 07:10 PM
But we already have the Town....

veecher
2006-09-19, 07:10 PM
i submit Tymanius.

smellie_hippie
2006-09-19, 07:11 PM
Wolfenstein!!

Wolves + Beer on TLAP Day! What could be better?

Lucky
2006-09-19, 07:12 PM
Tymanius? Jeez, that sounds too much like a REAL town name.

Crazy guy...

I say Y.M.C.A.

Why? Because we're the village people of course!!! ;D

Chris the Pontifex
2006-09-19, 07:13 PM
Signup is now officially CLOSED.

I will be contacting everyone shortly with your roles.

good, I'll be active in about 18hours

veecher
2006-09-19, 07:14 PM
whats wrong with a realistic sounding name? lets hear it for tymanius!

2006-09-19, 07:19 PM
Off to school soon, be back soon.

P.S I claim role of cook in this town.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-19, 07:21 PM
I claim the role of slightly crazy old guy.

Lucky
2006-09-19, 07:24 PM
I... uh... claim...

WAIT! Death, how can YOU be cook if you're using MY kitchen?

I won't allow it.
*hurmph* >:(

Gralamin
2006-09-19, 07:24 PM
I claim being the scholar.

smellie_hippie
2006-09-19, 07:26 PM
I be claimin to bein' the juvenile delinquent... even though I don't be a juvenile anymore...

@vv D'oh! I took yer job and you took mine!!

Korith
2006-09-19, 07:29 PM
Update: Werewolves, you now have private messages from me.

Next up, the Masons.

B-Man
2006-09-19, 07:29 PM
I claim to be the coffee adict!! ;D

2006-09-19, 07:31 PM
But I want to be the cook, I even made my own shock bad avatar for it.

EDIT: So will we have our PM telling us what we are by this afternoon?

smellie_hippie
2006-09-19, 07:32 PM
Are ye a good cook Death?

2006-09-19, 07:37 PM
Are ye a good cook Death?

*Must resist usign Llama's pun, ((look in the town directory))....*

I have had a lot of time to practice. Although not having taste receptors, Istill need to try my cooking on humans yet...

veecher
2006-09-19, 07:39 PM
can i call dibs on the mayor? cause if i can imma name this town tymanius

Korith
2006-09-19, 07:40 PM
Masons have been contacted.

Next in line: Baner, Fool and Seer

Lucky
2006-09-19, 07:40 PM
No you can't, clearly the mayor will be an NPC.

Or me, yeah, that works too.

veecher
2006-09-19, 07:42 PM
fine. ill vote for you in office if you promise to name the town tymanius.

smellie_hippie
2006-09-19, 07:45 PM
I be votin' 'gainst ye... just fer spite.

Selrahc
2006-09-19, 07:45 PM
Can I be the hangman?

Lucky
2006-09-19, 07:47 PM
Course you can.

Alright! 1 vote for mayor! I'm batting 0.500!

Gralamin
2006-09-19, 07:47 PM
newest notes:

I also vote for lucky

Korith
2006-09-19, 07:49 PM
The Baner, the Seer and the Fool now know their roles...except for the fool. He thinks himself a Seer. Fancy that. ;D

For the sake of verification, I will be contacting the rest of you with your villager introductions. This is sure to take a while.

Eldritch Knight
2006-09-19, 07:51 PM
For the name of the town, I respectfully submit:
Dragon's Tail

Flabbicus
2006-09-19, 07:54 PM
The Baner, the Seer and the Fool now know their roles...except for the fool. He thinks himself a Seer. Fancy that. ;D

For the sake of verification, I will be contacting the rest of you with your villager introductions. This is sure to take a while.

*Shakes fist*

I claim the role of metalworker. Or smithy.

Lucky
2006-09-19, 07:57 PM
Awesome! 2 votes to 1! I'm in the lead!

Arrrrr!!! It be 2 to 1!! I be ahead!!!

Eldritch Knight
2006-09-19, 07:59 PM
I claim the role of Tavern Owner/Barkeep.

Cain2005
2006-09-19, 08:01 PM
I claim the role of town judge

Gralamin
2006-09-19, 08:05 PM
I claim the role of town judge

he's a judge! he's one step eviller then a lawyer! Lynch him!

And yes I know the game hasn't started yet

The Valiant Turtle
2006-09-19, 08:07 PM
I think I'll be the carpenter.

I'll vote for Lucky for mayor while I'm here.

Cain2005
2006-09-19, 08:08 PM
he's a judge! he's one step eviller then a lawyer! Lynch him!

And yes I know the game hasn't started yet

;D Yes judge, feel my power! ;D
But seriously, there is no need to get offended

Lucky
2006-09-19, 08:13 PM
*A small green figure walks up to the small village, carrying a sign. As the figure begins to hammer the sign into the ground, it can be read:

Lucky for Mayor!!!

The small figure walks away.*

Flabbicus
2006-09-19, 08:14 PM
I vote Carbon Rod!

Korith
2006-09-19, 08:16 PM
All right. Has anybody who has signed up *NOT* received a private message from me? Drop me a Private Message if so. DO NOT POST IT HERE.

Lucky
2006-09-19, 08:21 PM
I vote Carbon Rod!

:o :o :o

I gave my life protecting you! And THIS is how you repay me?

Cain2005
2006-09-19, 08:22 PM
I vote for Lucky as Mayor.

smellie_hippie
2006-09-19, 08:24 PM
Arrrrrr... this vote be hangin' by a chad. I be re-castin' me ballot for Lucky. But some unlucky swabbie's gonna get the black mark o' death from me...

Lucky
2006-09-19, 08:30 PM
Arr! I be up 5 to 1 against me tough opponent the Rod! It be a fierce battle!

Flabbicus
2006-09-19, 08:31 PM
:o :o :o

I gave my life protecting you! And THIS is how you repay me?

Yarr. I mean, yes.

Dragon_Rider
2006-09-19, 08:35 PM
Wow, I didn't even know that was Lucky. I just thought it was some guy who had the word lucky in their name.

Anyway, can't wait to start! This is gonna be alot of fun!

Tussy the Druid
2006-09-19, 08:36 PM
Yargh mateys. Me vote be fore the Lucky one. Luck must be on our side for tis to be a lastin ordeal

Edit: Argh i claim the role of ye hippy townsfolk (refuses to wear clothes other than a loincloth :D)

B-Man
2006-09-19, 08:37 PM
What the hey, all the cool kids are doing it!
Chalk another one up for Lucky.

Lucky
Wow, I didn't even know that was Lucky. I just thought it was some guy who had the word lucky in their name.

Anyway, can't wait to start! This is gonna be alot of fun!

... My sig was the same... AND I had leprechauns mentioned in my PT... That wasn't enough? :P

And "some guy" can just show up with 3000+ posts? :P

ARRRR!!! 7 to 1!!!

v Guess I'm Mayor! :D

Korith
READ THIS!!

Now that I have your attention;

The sun rises over the distant hills and shadows creep at their longest. The Rooster crows at the coming of dawn, yet something is not right.

Gathering in the town square, as is oft the procedure, you see a corpse lying in the dust - shredded and torn. Claw marks leave bloodied scars across the body and the face is somehow more pale then the norm.

Yes, lying before you is your loyal Scribe Korith. Dead as a branch burned to dust and then stomped on. There can be no doubt as to what caused this - the Werewolves have arrived in your town. Worse yet, they are among you.

A note is left amidst the remains: "This town...is ours"

Off in the distance, a wolf cries. An ironic beginning - Let the Lynching Begin!

(You have until 8:30PM EST on Thursday to render a verdict. At this time, the one with the most accusations will be hung at sunset. In the event of a tie, the first one to receive their final vote will receive the lynching. Good luck.)

Gralamin
2006-09-19, 08:41 PM
NO KORTH!

Anyone have any reason to kill Korth here?

Lucky
2006-09-19, 08:43 PM
Citizens of Tymanius!!! the small figure yells, standing on a large box. Do not panic!!! As your newly elected Mayor I can assure you that all werewolves WILL be caught and killed! We shall not let them take over our town! Now, is there anyone who thinks they know who did this?

Flabbicus
2006-09-19, 08:43 PM
*Rilik the pirate smith hides his anti-tiefling club buttons.*

2006-09-19, 08:44 PM
Hmm... Quite the problem. I may have to stop reigning righteous genocide upon the humans of this village for a while....

I don't see why anyone would want to kill Korith. Afterall, he isn't exactly human. Perhaps the motivation was his scribery?

Indeed, it seems hardly worth any sort of effort to kill him. He didn't have many enemies... but then, who needs enemies to be slaughtered in righteous destruction? What would the motivation have been....?

B-Man
2006-09-19, 08:44 PM
NO!! Why Korith?!

Gralamin
2006-09-19, 08:46 PM
Well I belive that rules me out. I would often get his help scribing large theories of how the universe works.

Tussy the Druid
2006-09-19, 08:48 PM
Uh dudes. This is natures way of renewing itself. We have obviously displeased the righteous gods. *druid hippy gets on knees and prays to a tree*

2006-09-19, 08:54 PM
I don't know what kind of twigs you've been chewing, Tussy, but there is a logical explanation as to why those blasted wolves took Korith. And, by prcess of elimation, we shall find it is the simplest of reasons. Like, for instance, they didn't like his signature. Or he copied down some vital history that would have led to their downfall. Or he found the cure for Lycanthropy. Whgatever the reason, we can't just go hanging people until we find it. The game is afoot.

The Goblin strokes his chin thoughtfully, looking at the druid through narrowed eyes.

smellie_hippie
2006-09-19, 08:55 PM
[pimply adolescent voice] It wasn't me! My parents may not have loved me, but Korith was always very nice to me! I didn't do it! [pimply adolescent voice]

Gralamin
2006-09-19, 08:59 PM
Unfourtantly we have very little information if an at all. Currently it's all guessing, so I'll guess like this:

*Rolls a 40 sided die*

I accuse you, Major Geek for being the 22 on my 40 sided die.

*Gralamin Points at Major Geek* (see below)

Tussy the Druid
2006-09-19, 09:01 PM
I don't know what kind of twigs you've been chewing, Tussy, but there is a logical explanation as to why those blasted wolves took Korith. And, by prcess of elimation, we shall find it is the simplest of reasons. Like, for instance, they didn't like his signature. Or he copied down some vital history that would have led to their downfall. Or he found the cure for Lycanthropy. Whgatever the reason, we can't just go hanging people until we find it. The game is afoot.

The Goblin strokes his chin thoughtfully, looking at the druid through narrowed eyes.

Uh dude. Maybe they're just literate wolves that were hungry? Maybe they're connecting with us!! Dude. Like my old master said, "Go with natures flow."

Oh and Gralamin man. Lets put the fingers down man. how would you like it if the shoe was on the other foot? Course i don't WEAR shoes. Hippylicious. Put down the finger, and let nature help us in this situation. *Puts ear against tree*

The Valiant Turtle
2006-09-19, 09:06 PM
Aye, we shall all miss our good scribe Korith. I don't think he ever Stabbity Deathed me, but I've been downing lots of rum today so my memory may be failing me.

Gralamin
2006-09-19, 09:06 PM
Okay, No more random chance. I say we Hang Tus there for being so annoying, And he seems to defend the wolves anyways.

*Gralamin Points at Tusserite*

Dragon_Rider
2006-09-19, 09:07 PM
All the peasents realize that when they point at someone using red text enclosed in *'s that the decision is irreversable. They know that it would be a book-keeping nightmare if everyone was editing their "official" accusation. If they want to change their vote, they need to create a new post and put a line through their former accusation using the tags.

Lucky
2006-09-19, 09:07 PM
Gralamin does have a point, that... thing... is defending the werewolves. Explain yourself sir.

Gralamin
2006-09-19, 09:08 PM
Umm I'm keeping track of it right now Gnome. Leave it to me, I'll pm you the results whenever I have the chance.

2006-09-19, 09:08 PM
Way too many twigs being chewed around here, Fullbadder snarls, whilst munching on a cinnamon stick. Nature is all well and good, but the last I spoke to nature was when I was drugged and staked in a forest as bait. Now what we should be doing is thinking about this like the clear brained imbeciles we clearly are. In fact, I have my suspicions already....

*points at Tussy*

Dragon_Rider
2006-09-19, 09:10 PM
((Reposting so everyone can see:))

All the peasents realize that when they point at someone using red text enclosed in *'s that the decision is irreversable. They know that it would be a book-keeping nightmare if everyone was editing their "official" accusation. If they want to change their vote, they need to create a new post and put a line through their former accusation using the tags.

Current Count: 2 votes Tussy

Bookman
2006-09-19, 09:12 PM
Well as far as I see it if you protect wolves you're probably a wolf.......albeit a dumb one

/me points at Tussy

smellie_hippie
2006-09-19, 09:16 PM
[pimply adolescent voice] I see you there Destro Yersul! You can't try and hide in the back there! I remember you were always meaner than the rest of the bullies in town... I think there's a reason for that! [pimply adolescent voice]

*gives Destro the finger-point*

Tussy the Druid
2006-09-19, 09:18 PM
Why is everyone so full of hate man? Embrace nature and everything will be fine!! *runs and gives everyone a hug*

Gralamin
2006-09-19, 09:18 PM
He's Trying to Infect us!
*creates Psionic shield*

2006-09-19, 09:19 PM
I have several daggers concealed on my person. Touch me again, and three will be in your eye.

[edit] Your name is long, confusing, and hard to spell. Plus, I nicknamed a guy named yaksha 'Lockjaw' once. It's what I do.

Tussy the Druid
2006-09-19, 09:21 PM
*bursts into tears* Come on!!! Love each other!! We're all one big family!! So say the trees!!! *looks at trees expectantly* (and on an off note... Tussy? The worst nickname ever)

smellie_hippie
2006-09-19, 09:23 PM
[pimply adolescent voice] See!? See what happens when you bully someone? Waaaaaaaaaa! [pimply adolescent voice]

B-Man
All that suspicious hugging is making me nervous. Why do you want to hug everything and everyone? Why did Korith have to die?!

Lucky
GUARDS!!! Stop Mr.Tusserte from touchy the citizens!

Wait... I don't have guards...

WHO WANTS TO BE THE VILLAGE'S GUARD!!??

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-19, 09:24 PM
*Destro walks out from behind the tree*
Hmmm, what? I can't recall ever bullying anyone. Now then. In the distance, there is a sunrise. On that sunrise is scrambled eggs. Which reminds me, I'm hungry.
*Summons trout and eats it*

Tussy the Druid
2006-09-19, 09:26 PM
All that suspicious hugging is making me nervous. Why do you want to hug everything and everyone? Why did Korith have to die?!

Love is the most powerful tool man. So say the trees. If we love each other, and trust each other, no amount of evil (yet slightly fuzzy) werewolves can break us apart and eat us bit by bit!!

And lucky my man. i voted you for mayor in the confidence you would help protect nature and those who stand up for it. Embrace the love.

yes kosair. But im a hippy druid. like a prestige class, but not quite. more of a sub druid class.

Madmal
2006-09-19, 09:27 PM
*Mal approaches the group, after examinating the body*
Allright folks, i've checked the wounds, and this are definately NOT similar to the ones from last winter, when the winter wolves attacked what was left of our herds...and as much as it hurts to me and any other of us, we must locate these agressive creatures and kill them, to assure the safety of our village...

Mal turns to Tusserte
Please, i'd appreciate if you stop degrading our occupation in front of the rest; I'm a druid, and i still wear boots and clothes...and i'm definately Not a tree hugger...

I'm not blaming anybody right now, this actions need to be well thought, and is too early to take rushed descicions...unless someone 's willing to confess...

2006-09-19, 09:27 PM
BAF TUSSY! BAD BAD! Fullbladder strikes the Druid's nose with a newspaper that somehow magically contains 'Scribe Dead--Werewolves To Blame?' as the headline.