PDA

View Full Version : For all you Englanders (not newenglanders) out there...

Tarnag40k
2008-03-23, 09:34 PM
I was wondering if I could ask if anyone knew of any easy ways to acquire British woodland DPM uniforms, mainly for airsoft. At some games we have had one or two people use them and they seem (to me and several others on my team) to work better here in new-england then most of the U.S. Woodland tri-color, German flecktarn, ACU, and multicam used (the last two work terribly, as they are more suited for arid environments then the darker and dense temperate forests in North-eastern U.S. pretty much like trying to hide using desert camoflauge :smallconfused:)

Anyways, everyplace here in the U.S. I've found wants $60-$80 a set, and although I found several websites based out of the U.K. that sell them cheap ($20 or so), won't do international shipping. I have already posted this on several airsoft and "mil-spec" forums about 2 weeks or so ago, with no positive results (but plenty of "I would also like to know posts").

Also it is time for me to get a new set, seeing as how I managed to tear the "butt-flap (some piece of cloth sown over the area to re-enforce it" or my pants and my shirt at the shoulder wide open,.

Maybe I should just get a extremely heavy ghille suit and pretend I'm cousin it :smallsigh:

Blayze
2008-03-24, 12:01 PM
I have seen a military surplus stand in the market area of my local town centre (Doncaster). I don't know what days they're there, or if their location is fixed. Other than that, I'm afraid I can't help you.

Totally Guy
2008-03-24, 03:37 PM
All us Englanders?

More like just the Englanders that know what you are talking about. What is that? A sport?

eidreff
2008-03-24, 04:35 PM
I have also seen the stall that Blayze mentioned. I Think that they are a regular outlet so i will pop by in my lunch hour and see if they are online if that's any help?

waspsmakejam
2008-03-25, 08:29 PM
Silvermans are just about the biggest retailer of army surplus in the UK - they've been going for years and have always done mail order. If anyone does mail order of military surplus from the UK to overseas civvies (they certaintly send things to UK forces anywhere), its them.

www.silvermans.co.uk

Don't be put off by the fact their website is horrible to look at and hard to use, with huge bits of key information missing. Their catalogue was just the same in the days before the electric interwebs, and probalby still is. They've never had to try to win customers, you see!