PDA

View Full Version : Tactical help for a superhero RPG

Elfie
2008-03-24, 08:21 AM
Hello,

So I'm making a Marvel Mutant for a forum RPG game, and would like some help coming up with combat tactics for someone with this power set. Please share any ideas you have!

Mutant Powers: Jack has the ability to generate kinetic energy and transfer it onto an object (animate or inanimate) by touch. This ability manifests itself as being able to propel said objects at rapid rates of speed. Currently, Jack can generate 16.875 megajoules of energy, however, he is able to reduce the amount of energy produced at will. At maximum power, he is able to propel a 1,500 pound item (roughly the weight of a Mini Cooper) at the speed of 150 FPS. A 150 pound item can be propelled at 475 FPS, and a 25 pound item can be propelled at 1,150 FPS. For unknown reasons, the energy transfer becomes significantly less efficient as the mass of the target drops below 25 pounds. As an example, Jack can propel marbles at approximately 1,500 FPS, or roughly the same speed as a bullet from a rifle.

Jack also possesses a superhuman sense of spatial awareness, which provides him with nearly perfect aim. Furthermore, his hand-eye coordination level is also beyond the human range in ability. As a result, he can throw, shoot, or make ranged attacks with almost unerring accuracy.

weishan
2008-03-24, 02:50 PM
So...you take a Mini Cooper... :smallsmile:

You get the idea, I think. Tactics depend on your allies and surroundings as well. Knowing about these in adition to your abilities would be helpful in order to say anything.

But on the topic of abuse of telekinesis, I've had one of my NPCs throw an enemy through a Blade Barrier. Being able to throw stuff isn't a mind-numbing advantage. Being able to manipulate the battlefield is. Throw your enemies out windows, set up cover from a safe place, launch a chainsaw at the cable holding up a bridge, throw mooks into a dumpster and sit on the lid, etc.

Elfie
2008-03-24, 08:39 PM
So...you take a Mini Cooper... :smallsmile:

You get the idea, I think. Tactics depend on your allies and surroundings as well. Knowing about these in adition to your abilities would be helpful in order to say anything.

Good point - It's basically a new batch of New Mutants in a modified Marvel U. My teammates are currently fairly unknown. I was looking for general ideas. For example, throwing my team's brick (whomever that is) at an opponent at a couple hundred MPH. Tho, something more creative is appreciated. :)

Thanks for your ideas!