PDA

View Full Version : Hulk Syndrome

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-03-24, 01:50 PM
What combination of classes, features, feats, and items are available to abuse the Barbarian's alternative class feature in the PHB2? If I were to go for a level of Spirit Lion Totem Barb from the Complete Champion, are there any non to +1 LA races that would the most from such a build? The idea is to essentially end up with DnD's version of the Hulk in that you are nothing special normally, but once you get angry... :smalltongue: Most of my books are out of state, so the only things I have to work with are Frostburn, PHBII, and Dragon Magic until I get back home.

nobodylovesyou4
2008-03-24, 01:59 PM
well, races of stone's goliath has a +1 level adjustment and an alternate class feature to grow one size larger when raging. i dont know if that helps.

Ascension
2008-03-24, 02:46 PM
As mentioned, the goliath's mountain rage can be really fun. IIRC goliath barbarians also get more damage resistance than regular barbarians, but it's /adamantine instead of /-, so it can be overcome more easily.

Reel On, Love
2008-03-24, 02:57 PM
You want the Streetfighter (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070228a) alternate class feature on this page.

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-03-24, 03:16 PM
So... thus far the build is Goliath Spirit Totem Barb 1. What exactly are the changes to a Goliath rage aside from getting larger? Reel, wow, I had forgotten about Streetfighter. Talk about messy. :smallamused:

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-03-24, 08:38 PM
Piss! Does mountain rage work with berseker strength?