PDA

View Full Version : Need to fill in a party on short notice...

SamTheCleric
2008-03-24, 09:01 PM
So I just got invited to an ongoing campaign that is at 3rd level...

the party so far is Fighter 3, Fighter 1/Cleric 2, Wizard 3, Dragon Shaman 3, Scout 3.

The scout is the trapmonkey.

I was thinking of making a bard. Possibly the half-elf racial substitution level at 1st.

(Other options will be considered)...

All books are allowed (save tome of battle and tome of magic... and it's FR, so no eberron)...

HELP!

Vortling
2008-03-24, 10:00 PM
Beguiler as back up trapmonkey? Bard isn't a half bad idea if you like the buffing aspect. Warlock could be good depending on what the wizard is doing.

Corsec1337
2008-03-24, 11:03 PM
A level 3 Commoner who has craft basketweaving if you want to go cheese.

If you don't want to go with cheese, go with the Marshall class from the "Miniatures Handbook". The party has the healing covered it appears and the wizard can handle everything else pretty much. The Marshall class is a total support class.

If you don't want to be cheese or support... Could go with a barbarian or something... I dunno... I'd go with the commoner personally.

Chronicled
2008-03-24, 11:08 PM
Blasty sorcerer and knight would also have a spot, it seems.

What is each group member's focus?

SamTheCleric
2008-03-25, 06:57 AM
The wizard is going for a battlefield control type (web, grease, etc).
The Scout/Ranger is a melee spring attacker.
The fighter is a high-ac dwarf tanking type.
The Fighter/Cleric is a sword and board melee cleric.
The Dragon Shaman provides her auras and also is in melee...

So really, they need some ranged support as well as an alternate skill monkey.

MorkaisChosen
2008-03-25, 07:01 AM
Marshal with a longbow- hanging back out of combat shooting the occasional arrow, but mainly giving people bonuses to stuff. Master of Tactics could work quite well- if you have a decent Charisma (+2 or +3) and people are flanking a lot (as they very well could with a tank, a spring-attacker and two more melee dudes), that can add up to a serious damage increase.

senrath
2008-03-25, 07:08 AM
The wizard is going for a battlefield control type (web, grease, etc).
The Scout/Ranger is a melee spring attacker.
The fighter is a high-ac dwarf tanking type.
The Fighter/Cleric is a sword and board melee cleric.
The Dragon Shaman provides her auras and also is in melee...

So really, they need some ranged support as well as an alternate skill monkey.

Just go beguiler. Extra person to find and disable traps, pick locks, and do other fun things, who also has spontaneous spellcasting.

SamTheCleric
2008-03-25, 07:15 AM
Just go beguiler. Extra person to find and disable traps, pick locks, and do other fun things, who also has spontaneous spellcasting.

Beguiler is actually a really good idea. I may have to look into some beguiler builds.