PDA

View Full Version : Half-casting and prestige classes

MorkaisChosen
2008-03-25, 05:54 AM
I was thinking recently about classes like Ranger and Paladin (the ones with minor spellcasting) and the half-casting PrCs. Would it be ridiculously overpowered to allow a Hexblade who took levels in, say, Green Star Adept to advance his Hexblade spellcasting fully?

Bag_of_Holding
2008-03-25, 06:09 AM
I don't think it'd be overpowered at all. They're half-casting for a reason you know.

Person_Man
2008-03-25, 09:27 AM
A Ranger or Paladin can take the Sword of the Arcane Order feat (Champions of Valor) in order to memorize Wizard spells in their respective Ranger or Paladin spell slots. Great for mounted builds, thanks to the Share Spell ability. This will give you the full BAB, nifty abilities, and respectable arcane spell list you desire.

I'd be fine with a Hexblade 5/Green Star Adept 10/Whatever 5 with full Hexblade caster progression too. Being a construct (no Con score) can really screw your hit points and your familiar's hit points. I'd call shenanigans though if you wanted Hexblade 5/GSA 9/Whatever 6 with full Hexblade caster progression though.

MorkaisChosen
2008-03-25, 10:33 AM
This wasn't a specific build thing, more a general idea. GSA was the first official half-casting class I could find...

ZekeArgo
2008-03-25, 01:18 PM
This wasn't a specific build thing, more a general idea. GSA was the first official half-casting class I could find...

Um... isn't acolyte of the skin like one of the first PrCs in that book with half-casting?