PDA

View Full Version : Ancient adventures

Shademan
2008-03-25, 06:06 AM
Welcome to Ancient adventures!

Some few miles from Sparta, a lone sign stands at a crossroad. The sign have become unreadable as it have aged and is now only a sad sight to the poetic and a potential campfire for the practical. But today it is much more! today it is a gathering point!
Many people walk past it each day, but today someone stops.

What appears to be a typical greek shepherd in his late teens stops and rests right beside the sign. soon he is joined by other men, armed and dangerous. They have come to settle a dept!

one by one they stop next to the sign....

from here on you can RP arriving at the signpost. the shepherd is of medium height, have a large sun-hat and a dark tunika. and ofcourse a shepherds staff!

Lepre_Khan
2008-03-25, 07:05 AM
Arkad

The Anubbite strides confidently forward towards the shepherd, rumbling a greeting in his bass voice, "

"You are the one called Raniets? I am Arkad, blade of Anubis. I have come to repay the debt my temple owes."

Dustfinger
2008-03-25, 07:54 AM
Javeed

Javeed steps out of the dense thicket and leans on a tree about 30 meters, from the sign making sure to stay in the shadows. He then looks up at the sky to check on his Raven and only friend Matthew. And Gives him the signal to swoop down.

Who do you think you are, believing you can summon me here like this. I am Javeed the Oneiromancer, I am not some pet to be called when you think you are worthy enough for my help. I am the Lord of Dreams!

Mathew says as he lands on the sign post.

You're lucky I am in a good mood today.

While Mathew distracts the men at the post Javeed sneaks up behind them and stands next to them, like he has always been there.

So, why are we here men?

Shademan
2008-03-25, 08:59 AM
the shepherd seems to not be surprised at Javeed's entrance, nor did he answer him. he was silent.
suddenly he turned to the anubite, smiling, "i am not the extraordinary mister Raneits. i am but a humble servant to the organization. wait now for the others to come... i will answear questions then."

LongVin
2008-03-25, 09:02 AM
Varin

The Nordic man comes marching down the road, his giant axe resting on his shoulder. He approaches the small man, how he wished he could just crush his head with his bare hands. But he owed the man a debt, a debt soon to be repayed.

Growling he addresses Ranatis "Let us settle this then, Ranaties."

Shademan
2008-03-25, 09:05 AM
the small shepherd's eyes widened. "oh dear..." he began before he shook it off and talked in his neutral manner again. "i am not mr.Raneits. i am but his messenger." he looked at the nordic man for some seconds. "and you DO know what they say about NOT killing the messenger?"

Lepre_Khan
2008-03-25, 09:08 AM
Arkad

Raising an canine 'eyebrow' Arkad responds,

"Indeed."

Turning to the gathering of heroes Arkad speaks,

"It seems Raneits is a mighty warrior, to have so many men of might appear at his call.

Barbarian, it would be prudent to mind your tone and to listen to the servant if you wish to settle with the master."

Shademan
2008-03-25, 09:22 AM
"excellent" the shepherd smiles. "now we just await the last one"

LongVin
2008-03-25, 09:43 AM
Varin

Grunting in neither an affirmative or a negative, the big man swings the axe from his shoulder to the ground, resting hands on top of it, he waits silently appraising those with him.

Shademan
2008-03-25, 01:16 PM
"great. then all we need is the Spartan and the druid and we'll be all set!"

TKDfirefly
2008-03-25, 02:07 PM
Lyolas

There is a howl and everyone turns to see two wolves come sprinting toward them. Before anyone can prepare themselves to attack they hear a shadowy growl come from one of the beasts.

"Do not attack us, friends of Raneits."

After the statement, both wolves slow down toa moderate pace as they approach the weathered sign. Then one slowly changes to an elf dressed in earthy tones and twigs and leaves stuck in his hair. An expressionless face speaks with the same voice as the wolf he used to be. Completely ignoring the obvious heroes, Lyolas addresses the shepherd.

"Where is my friend, Raneits? It has been far too long since I have last seen him."

used the spell Aspect of the Wolf an 1/2 hr before I arrived to make sure I was not too late.
was able to talk as the wolf due to my Shifter's speech ability
also changed my spells so that I had 2 Aspect of the Wolf today

Shademan
2008-03-25, 02:26 PM
"ah, mr. Raneits is in hiding" the shepherd says mildly surprised at the druids display of magic "many powerful enemies he have. he will meet up with you once he feels safe. hmm, the spartan is the only one lacking now..." the shepherd says and looks down the road.

TKDfirefly
2008-03-25, 03:24 PM
Lyolas

After listening to the shepherd, he nods in agreement. He understands what it is like to have enemies thinking back to his own past. Before he gets caught up in the moment, he hears Aedan let out an almost silent growl. Lyolas is so surprised by this he looks down at Aedan to make sure he actually heard it. Then he looks to where Aedan is facing and notices the others gathered. He flips his spear over and stabs into the ground. He wishes that the ground will hold his weapon only for a little while.

"Excuse my rudeness. I am Lyolas from the Nothern Isles and defender of nature."

He nods to the Anuubite with a look of interest. Could this be the reason? Sure is strange looking but does not seem a threat to nature. I wonder what it is. Perhaps some other druid? Then he turns to the half-elf. Lyolas strains to keep a cordial face when nods toward him. Oh great, a half-elf. What is Raneits thinking when he invited him? He knows my views. Maybe he trusts him. Maybe he is not like the others. Lastly he turns and starts to nod toward the fighter with the axe. Then he notices why Aedan growled. He glances at his spear while his left hand unsheathes his ancient dagger. This is not a time for my spear. And definently not for my sling. Perhaps this is when I can find out my blade's meaning.

"Why do you wear such a disgrace toward nature?," growls Lyolas as he moves closer to the warrior, flipping his blade to his other hand.
"Where did you get it? Who approved it? Was it necessary? Are you allowed to wear it? Are you worthy to wear it?" Lyolas interrogates with a wild look in his eyes. With each question he points with his unfinished stone dagger toward the fighter and takes a step toward him. Aedan follows his friend's slow movements toward the barbarian, adding his own growls and baring his sharp teeth.

Strike3
2008-03-25, 04:03 PM
From a long distance out the Hebrew Scout sees what is now a veritable crowd at the assigned meeting place. He closes quickly upon the scene as the expertly handled horse keeps its torid but steady pace that it had been moving at since the day began.

Now within shouting distance of the party the young man drasticly slows his approach. He sees powerful and important looking men, and considers for a moment his own lack of consequence. However, as the group begins to notcie his arrival the Hebrew regains his confidence and smoothly dismounts from his mount at the edge of the circle which had formed around the old shepherd.

Speaking in the common tounge he addresses the old man in a friendly tone... "Joshua Titus of Jerusalem has arrived my companion... Now sir, what has our Master Raneits have to request of me?"

LongVin
2008-03-25, 04:04 PM
Varin

Taken aback by the Elf's threatening advance, Varin hefts the heavy axe into both of his hands and takes a step back into a fighting stance. He returns the elf's glare, staring down at him.

"I do not know what you speak of little man! You better keep your pet in check or else," he rattles the axe in an obvious threat.

Strike3
2008-03-25, 04:22 PM
"Gentleman and warriors, now I may have just arrived but truly our party so recently gathered must not already have come to arms.

Chasen yourselves my companions, and let us hear what this servant of our mutual friend has to tell us."

Dustfinger
2008-03-25, 04:45 PM
Javeed

Um, shepherd, I thought you said we were awaiting a spartan, not a Hymie who just learned to live without the help of another nation.

He then glances at the two allies about to be locked in combat.

Now now lets play nice. You can both find better things to do than fight, like go ransack a village, or plant a tree. Sorry if I offend, the point is, we're not here for each other, we're here to help Raneits... Now, shepherd, if you would be so kind...

As he finishes, Mathew hops off of the sign post and lands on Javeeds shoulder.

You heard the master, let's go!

TKDfirefly
2008-03-25, 05:46 PM
Lyolas

"You don't know what I speak of? I am talking about that offensive cloak on your back."

He tosses a quick look and only shakes his head. A jewish child. I feel so safe now. I wonder if even his kind consider him a man yet.

Glaring back at the actual warrior, Lyolas looks impossible to calm down. Then as the words of the half-elf fall upon his ears, he drops his gaze. That's right. I am here for Raneits. I owe him so much. If he wishes that I have to work with this gòrach saighdear, then so be it. Lyolas steps back to where he was before and then sheathes his dagger. He commands Aedan to fall back behind him and keep quiet.

Handle Animal check
[roll0]

LongVin
2008-03-25, 10:02 PM
"It is a symbol of honor and power amongst my people." counters Varin.

Noting that the druid has backed down somewhat, he lowers his axe to a less threatening position happy in the knowledge that he has "won" this encounter.

Lepre_Khan
2008-03-25, 10:42 PM
Arkad

The great beast simply snorts at the antics of his companions.

"Children. They do not understand the games at which they play. They yearn for violence, but do not understand war. They seek battle, but do not understand death.

TKDfirefly
2008-03-26, 04:11 AM
Lyolas

Lyolas eyes stay fixed on the fighter as he explains the meaning of his cloak. This could be true. I have certainly heard of savage cultures using skins to show their status. However, you can never be too careful. There is a slight lax in Lyolas' stare. Enough to show that he has heard what the fighter said, but not enough to show full belief in it. He turns quickly toward the "beast" when he hears his comment.

"I am 143 years-old and I have seen plenty of fights. I have even been through a war or two. One of which has brought me here."

Then Lyolas makes sure to look at everyone in the eye when he speaks again. He wanted to know the reasons behind the man. Especially from the strange one. He scratches and pets Aedan's head while he speaks.

"Who are you and why do you owe Raneits your assistance?"

Shademan
2008-03-26, 05:22 AM
the shepherd snaps out of his thoughts. "ah yes...uhm, calm down gentlemen! you have all been summoned because of your skills and...ehm...valour. now dont you bicker amongst you when you can bicker againts one AND get paid for it, hm?" he starts to draw a large circle on the road with a piece of chalk. "hm...he's a spartan jew. learn to live with it." he mutters as he draw. "Now! im sorry that you were dragged all the way to sparta only to be sent away but it is necessary to shake off.....pursuers." he glances nervously down the road, the sound of thundering hooves reaches the group.

"quickly into the ring now!" he says eagerly "introduction will have to wait!"

Dustfinger
2008-03-26, 06:09 AM
Javeed

You do not order the master around like that. He is not your pet. He will enter or not enter this ring whenever he chooses.

Mathew squals.

Oh do be quiet Mathew.

Javeed calmly says as he thrusts the birds beak shut.

He gets a little worked up when he senses a fight is about to occur. Well gentlemen, lets get this over with.

With that, Javeed steps into the ring and looks the raven sternly in the eyes,

Now are you going to behave or do i have to take away your right to dream again... That's what I thought, now be quiet and lets go.

TKDfirefly
2008-03-26, 06:44 AM
Lyolas

Lyolas pulls his spear out of the ground and says a quiet thank you to it. He steps into the ring with his wolf following. This time Aedan is growling loud enough to be heard by all. Hairs started to stand on end as he senses the approaching danger. Lyolas quickly thinks through his spells for the day trying to remember what he concentrated on at dawn. A few good choices to have some fun with them.

Strike3
2008-03-26, 07:06 AM
Joshua follows suit and cautiously leads his horse to join the others on the inside of the shepherd's circle.

He may be young as he clearly saw these men believed when they looked at him but what they did not know was that his bow had seen far too much use to be nervous at the sound of approaching foes.

Eager to see what danger awaits them, Joshua stares off in the direction of the thundering hooves...

LongVin
2008-03-26, 09:09 AM
Varin

Varin steps tentatively in the circle. Even after all these years living in the South he did not yet trust the southernors form of mysticism and magic. The system of the runes were far superior.

Lepre_Khan
2008-03-26, 10:05 AM
Arkad

Italics indicate thought, I color them as I color conversation to help it stand out, so unless y'all are mind readers nobody heard Arkad's somewhat rude comment. :) Also, am I the strange one?

Arkad steps into the circle, staring calmy in the direction of the approaching foe.

Great Lord, let your will be done.

Shademan
2008-03-26, 04:28 PM
"everybody in the circle? great!" the shepherd looks back at the road, everyone can clearly see four men dressed in gold-coloured cloaks approaching fast on their glimmering mounts. their faces are impossible to see but it is self-evident that they do not have good intentions.
"good journey men. keep your hands and feet inside the circle at all times. i...hope we meet again... in this world." the sheoherd smiles and turns. before the world becomes blurry and your eyes become obscured with blue light you all get a glimpse of the shepherd shooting a long ray of something towards the riders.

and then there is only light.

As you regain your sight you find yourself in a lusher forest. Three grizzled old men clad in skins and fur, sporting tall staffs with diverse animal heads carved in at the top surrounds you. "these are the men?" the first say "it might seem so" the second sighs "heeheehee! that one has a funny head." the third giggles and nods to the Anubaan.
"AWAY!" a loud and authorial voice demands. the old men scatters and a large , grizzled man clad in a white tunika greets them. "you...are the one that Mr.Raneits sent?" he growls.

anyone failing a fortitude save of DC5 will throw up.

LongVin
2008-03-26, 05:36 PM
Fort Save:[roll0]

Varin turns to face the new man with his axe at the ready. "And who might you be?"

Dustfinger
2008-03-26, 06:31 PM
Javeed

Why yes, we are the men who Raneits sent. Now if you don't mind me asking, what were we sent here to do? I am quite curious as to why we are here.

Javeed rubs his eyes and shakes his head trying to stop everything from blurring. He never realised how unsettling instantanious traveling was.

Fortitude [roll0]
Knowledge The Planes [roll1] (To figure out if we are with extraplanar beings or if we changed planes.)

Strike3
2008-03-26, 08:05 PM
Fortitude Save: [roll0]

Strike3
2008-03-26, 08:12 PM
Quite alert despite the sudden jolt and also wary of this new visitor, Joshua is not as confident as his companions. He waits silently to watch the scene unfold before him... and discreetly prepares his hand to knock an arrow should this encounter prove unfriendly.

TKDfirefly
2008-03-26, 08:37 PM
Lyolas

Jarred from the travel, Lyolas looks to make sure Aedan is alright from the travel. Then to help gather his bearings, he looks around at the forest. He has heard what the men have said. He makes sure to have a firm grip on his spear. Why did we have to come that way? It is so unnatural and weird. Aedan and I would have a perfectly good time running through forests and over hills to get to here. Once he is finished taking a look around, he focuses in on the new people.

Lyolas
Fortitude: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1] (to check surroundings for others in hiding)
Knowledge (nature): [roll2] (to recognize the plants and where they might be from)
Aedan
Fortitude: [roll3]

Shademan
2008-03-27, 02:41 AM
Lyolas quickly recongnizes the forest as Lucanian. The Lucanian druids make the forests more hospitable and comforting so theyre quite diffrent from the Roman forests.

The large man sits down and reach out a hand towards Aedan. The wolf smells on it before it lets him pat it on the head. "its a great companion you got here." he says to the druid with his growling speech. he stands up again. "Welcome to Lucania and to our war-camp. If you would be so kind to follow me to my tent, we have much to discuss." and wiht that he turns and start to walk deeper into the camp, to a large military tent in woodland colours.

Lyolas spot at least two-three('prolly more) camouflaged men moving in the brushery. They seem to be armed with bows and they watch the party with mild interest.

TKDfirefly
2008-03-27, 04:43 AM
Lyolas

Seeing the men in the woods made Lyolas start to debate whether or not he wanted a fight. There are at least three men focused on us. Probably more. I do not like the look of that path. When Aedan allowed the man to touch him, that convinced Lyolas that it was safe to trust the man. He turns toward his companions and speaks.

"Aedan has rarely let strangers touch him. If he can allow this man to touch his head, I say that he is fine."

Then in a much softer tone, Lyolas adds

"Also, I do not think his friends would like it if we protested."

He gets up and slowly follows the man into the war-camp. Aedan heels by Lyolas's right side.

Lepre_Khan
2008-03-27, 09:04 AM
Arkad

After recovering from the consistently frustrating effects of magical travel, Arkad follows the large man, shaking his head at his companions distrust.

"I'm certain all will be explained in time. We owe a debt, we are here to repay it. We are in no position to ask questions.

Fortitude [roll0]

Strike3
2008-03-27, 09:34 AM
Put at ease by this latest interaction and his companions trust, Joshua follows with more confidence that he has no reason to fear attack from this strange man.

LongVin
2008-03-27, 11:46 AM
Dropping his axe to one hand, Varin follows the main group keeping on the lookout for anyone who would try to do them harm.

Shademan
2008-03-27, 12:14 PM
youre being led into a large tent. it is only a dim light inside so the large man lights a candle that lights up the entire tent. "magic" he mumbles and and places a map on the table. " I am Cains, the dictator. It is my job to force the Roman out of our lands. Now before I explain why you are here i would like to ask... are ANY of you loyal to Rome and would ANY of you betray your oath to Raneits?" though he tries to sound neutral you get the impression that the wrong answer here will lead to your painful demise. he would prolly not like it if you were lying either...

LongVin
2008-03-27, 12:55 PM
"Roman mysticism sunk my ship and killed my people. I have no love for the senate and people of Rome."

TKDfirefly
2008-03-27, 01:42 PM
Lyolas

"I have no loyalties toward any nation. My devotion belongs to nature. As for betraying Raneits, we are blood brothers. Only an amadàn would try to break that bond."

Lepre_Khan
2008-03-27, 02:00 PM
Arkad

Bristling at the perceived insult, Arkad replies,

"The fact that we have come so far speaks to the strength of our oaths, and the lengths at which we are willing to go to pay them. Your doubt does each of us a dishonor.

Still, as this is not enough, you should know that I was created eighty-two years ago by Anubis to combat the Children of Jupiter. My blade yearns for the blood of Aeneas, and my shield has sheltered many a foe of the accursed city.

It is your job to remove Rome's influence from your land, it is my job to remove Rome's influence from all lands. I will not be able to rest until the nation is removed from the earth. I will tear down their cities and strew salt through their fields. I will slay their men, and enslave their women. I shall topple their false idols, and curse their pale gods. This I have sworn, and this I swear now before you, dictator. Do not doubt my resolve again.

Dustfinger
2008-03-27, 02:04 PM
Javeed

Javeed pulls his helmet off of his head revealing his dark skin.

I'm Persian... enough said. I am also offended by the fact that you think anyone among us would betray an oath to our fellow man. I strongly agree with the views of the egyptians, our beliefs are not too far off.

Javeed then places his helm on the table and leans forward peering at the map.

Strike3
2008-03-27, 09:09 PM
"My willingness to fight the Romans is truly passed only by my desire to pay my debt to Raneits. You can expect nothing less than my utmost efforts to come to your aid."

Shademan
2008-03-28, 02:19 AM
"Great! great!" Cains smiles "do forgive me but you must see that i have to be careful these days." he then diverts his attention to the map "come closer and see. The Romans have their warcamp very close, less than three hours of walk. as you probarly understand that means that we will clash VERY soon. we are on the defensive and we cannot fight in the open, we must lure them into the forest!" thats where YOU come in.
He looks back up at them from the map. "your objective is to sneak in on the Romans and destroy their general! do NOT kill him. if he's dead he will just be replaced. if he is mentally unbalanced however, he will not be able to command his forces well and he will make errors." Just as Cains finishes speaking a elf burst into the tent "Dictator! We have a major problem!" he say in a dramatic tone. "ohcrapnotyouagain What is it, Earenai?" Cains dont even try to hide the clear expression of annoyance his face puts on in the presence of the elf. "The romans have stored and is making alot of fire scrolls. Fireballs, firewalls, ray's of searing light ANYTHING that burns. i fear they will try to burn down the forest WHITOUT using up their spellcasters." anyone studing the elf for more than two second will get instantely creeped out. he have a aura around himself puts everyone around him at un-ease. or maybe its just the way he looks?
The elf, Earenai, is annoyingly good looking, he is tanned, have brown half-long hair and is clad in to little for comfort. also: he drips of water.
"sorry about that... had to swim..."
"so...mission goes: destroy the general, and destroy the scrolls! questions?"

Dustfinger
2008-03-28, 06:26 AM
Javeed

How would you like us to make him unstable? Do you want us to scare him, or deprive him of sleep? Also, on a completely unrelated note, could I trouble you for a backpack?

Javeed thinks for a moment then a brilliant idea dawns on him.

Do you have scrolls of Permanency? I could scare him with a spell then make it permanent.

Shademan
2008-03-28, 09:06 AM
"i could MAYBE get my claws on such a scroll. but they are VERY expensive. would you mind sharing what plan you have?" Cains raises a eyebrow and send Javeed a look that tells him that it wasnt a question but a order.

Lepre_Khan
2008-03-28, 11:46 AM
Arkad

Clearing his throat, Arkad puts a hand on Javeed's shoulder,

"Hold friend.

Dictator, I'm afraid I must, respectfully, question the wisdom of your plan.

It is true that Rome would eventually be able to replace their commander. However, this would take many weeks, possibly even months. The politics that the Roman's so enjoy would be our greatest ally. During this period the army would be immobilized, awaiting orders. They will also be demoralized and paranoid, the safety of their camp compromised by our warriors. They will live in fear, scurrying 'round like the rats they are. This will allow us to move freely, they will pull back like a scorpion facing it's foe---leaving it's back unguarded.

Then, when the new commander finally arrives, he will need to spend several days getting acquainted with the situation. The terrain, his men, and his foes.

Furthermore, having seen our ability to strike at the very highest levels of power he will be timid, afraid for his own life. He will be wary of launching any sort of invasion knowing that he may well be the one we seek our vengeance."

Shademan
2008-03-28, 12:06 PM
"you speak wisdom, most noble... eh...whatever you are..." Cains pauses "that came out a bit wrong..." awkward pause "anyways, Yes i have thought of that allready. Their general is no less than Publius Decius Mus! He stood up against Pyrrhus and was long thought to be dead, but here he is! to crush the last beastmen of Italy. Not only is he a formidable warrior himself but he also have two strange constructs to defend him. and to make it even better he have three consuls in his camp, all ready to take his place if he is assassinated. Besides, a new and terrified general would never follow us into the woods." Cains rubs his forehead "Mr.Raneits said you were up to the task as long as i gave you what you need, within reason, and didnt ask silly questions." Cains start to scratch the back of his ear stressfully.
"oh! youre Mr.Raneits's troupe of heroes! how exiting." the scantly clad elf takes a step closer to the group "pleasure to meat you. I am Earenai." he raises his hand as a greeting(in a rather feminine manner).

TKDfirefly
2008-03-28, 05:01 PM
Lyolas

As soon as the situation was presented, Lyolas was deep in thought of different tactics. His attention was slightly diverted when the gasùr talked about the destruction of the forest. However, since he was an elf and Cains ignored his comment, so did Lyolas. I could try to turn the forest against them. But there are problems with that. There has to be at least few mages that could stop it in some way. We could move like a pack of wolves. Surround the enemy to isolate him and then strike. But we are not allowed to kill. It might still work though.

"A few ideas have come to my mind. However, there are flaws with them like any other plans. Unless we combine ideas together. My first thought was to turn the forest against the Romans. It has the possibility to confuse and scare them. However, it could be easily stopped with magic.

My other main thought is to work like a pack of wolves. We would have to surround and isolate the commander. It might take a while to pull off but isolating him would be a great advantage. Then once he is alone, we strike in some sort of manor.

Another thought that just came to me is to try and take out the replacements before we go after the commander. This might unnerve him slowly, especially if we just make them disappear with out a trace."

Shademan
2008-03-29, 04:18 AM
" hm... if they disappeared one after another it would probably scare him abit. But he is brave, if we're lucky he'll be unable to sleep and be haunted by nightmares. Using the forest against the Romans is a tactic we allready use, to some degree. our druids are quite good at what they do. We do not make the trees attack though since, as you said, Romans mages just blast them." Cains could allready tell that he liked the elf. he felt that they both hated Earenai and he is always happy to meet people with common...interests.

Dustfinger
2008-03-29, 06:39 AM
Javeed

Javeed sits for a moment a then has a cunning plot.

All we need is attack the camp for a day and have all of the mages waste their spells. Then we have someone sneak in and steal the scrolls while we interupt all of the mages sleep. If they can't rest, they cant cast spells. And once all the mages are powerless,the camp is ours.

Javeed then sits back feeling very acomplished.

TKDfirefly
2008-03-29, 07:08 AM
Lyolas

Listening to Cains' analysis of my plan showed that he has tried to figure out different ways to accomplish this mission. With the mention of druids casting spells, Lyolas looks intently at him and states,

"What are the main spells you have used? Maybe I could suggest different ones. If you have used the same ones over and over again, the Romans will easily prepare themselves. However, by suddenly changing to a completely different style, you might be able to catch them off guard."

Turning to the half-elf, to now address his idea, Lyolas continues,

"There is a main problem with that plan, my companion. I do not require rest in order for me to have spells each day. All I require is an hour of meditation at a certain time. Grant it, we could try to interrupt their hour of meditation. However, they have been working together. I would assume that they would meditate at different times so that the camp will always have at least one fully functioning spellcaster. It would also be difficult to interrupt someone's meditation. Most, if not all, mages make sure that they will be able to complete their meditation."

Lyolas now turns to his fellow travelers. He waits patiently to listen to any other plans that are presented to the group. Unconsciously, he starts petting Aedan's head.

Shademan
2008-03-29, 07:41 AM
"wait a second now, what was you called yourself again?" Cains asks Javeed

Dustfinger
2008-03-29, 09:44 AM
Javeed

I call myself Javeed the Oneiromancer, Lord of Dreams. But before you ask, I havn't figured out how to actualy get into the minds of creatures and change their dreams. I can just tell desires and thoughts by learnign about dreams. Although I will soon perfect the arts of manipulation.

LongVin
2008-03-29, 12:34 PM
Varin watches and listens silently. Sorcerous dogs, relying on mysticism and faerie magics to do a warriors job.

Strike3
2008-03-29, 01:50 PM
It is clear to Joshua that his best course of action is to quietly take in all that is going on around him. He knows that his skills will be an asset due to the stealthy nature of whatever mission lies before them. But he must gain the respct of his elder companions and to speak now would be foolish.

Shademan
2008-03-29, 02:15 PM
"right, so the mission is then: destroy the generals psychological health, and destroy the scrolls. and most importantly DO NOT BE DETECTED! if a single legionary spots you he must be silenced before he can start a alarm." Cains looks upon the group and nod "i think we might have a chance at them after all. just you make sure that there are nothing that can prove your presence in their camp." Cains put out the candle with a quick blow. "Earenai. go fetch a backpack and see if the druids have any scrolls of permanency. if they dont then see with Quickpaw. speed!" The elf darts out the tent.

TKDfirefly
2008-03-30, 07:04 AM
Lyolas

Interested in more than just the group's objective, Lyolas excuses himself from the group to follow Earenai. Aedan follows by his friend's side hoping for something more exciting than just sitting and listening to everyone talking. However, they make sure to not catch up with the boath elf. Lyolas only wants to see where the druids and this Quickpaw are. I would just let Aedan track him later but that gasùr probably runs around this camp all day. Aedan might get confused and then feel bad with not acomplishing his goal. I do not want him to be sad for my sake. As soon as he finds out this information, he returns to the group with the thought of talking to the druids later.

If any one asks what that was about, Lyolas replies with "I just wanted to know where the druids are to discuss spells and tactics with them." That is the truth, but not the whole truth.

Shademan
2008-03-30, 12:42 PM
Earenai runs into the same three men that was at the portal. After a quick (and somewhat uninteresting) chat he learns that the druids do not have such a scroll, and so he continues. He walks back to the small stone-circle where you arrived and heads into the shrubbery. less than fifteen meters into the woods he stops and is startled by the sudden appearance of a man right in front of him.
"good evening" the man barks with a fell smile. He is clad in camouflage clothes, solid boots and a bandoleer. His facial features is pointy and his red, spike hair goes backwards as if he is in a constant wind.

DC 5 to hear what they say if Lyolas is within fifteen feet.

"it's not evening." Eareneai say in a slightly nervous manner "does it matter?" the man rasps and his eyes light up with something that most certainly is NOT sanity. "lay it off, quickpaw! i just came to see if you had any scrolls of permanency." Earenai fidgets. "hrrrr.... those be very rare. very rare. i go trough SUCH hardships to get my little....baubles. yes. and more. much much more..." Quickpaw starts to circle around the nervous elf. "just give me the scroll and il make sure Cains pay you." Earenai tries. "oh, but that would be to easy... is it just me or is something happening here?"

Roll Hide check, mr.druid and wolf!

TKDfirefly
2008-03-30, 04:39 PM
Lyolas

Lyolas and Aedan both stop when they see that three men from earlier are the druids. They then continue following when Earenai continues on. As soon as the mysterious man appears in front of him, Lyolas gets as low as possible, trying to use the surrounding shrubbery to help conceal both of them.

Lyolas
Listen check [roll0]
Hide check [roll1]
Aedan
Hide check [roll2]

Shademan
2008-03-31, 02:40 AM
"youre just seeing things. again!" Eareneai tries to sound more annoyed and nervous "aaah... but there is ALWAYS things in the shaodws... unseen things that lurk..." Quickpaw suddenly jumps up onto a thick branch on a nearby tree. " begone now. your coins are uninteresting today." Earenai start to walk back first slowly, then faster and then he literally runs off.
Quickpaw sits on his branch. snickering to himself.

TKDfirefly
2008-03-31, 04:01 AM
Lyolas

Ignoring Earnerais running away, Lyolas and Aedan cautiously reveals themselves to Quickpaw. Lyolas makes sure to show that he is not there to make trouble. He keeps his hands out in front of him and makes sure that Aedan keeps quiet. He keeps his eyes fixed on Quickpaw as Lyolas makes his movements.

"Was that really necessary, Quickpaw? Grant it that I did thoroughly enjoy you scaring the cac out of that geirseach. However, you have just made my job a lot more difficult. I am sorry if I made you uncomfortable by sneaking around. But I do not want to deal with that gasùr anymore than I am forced to. Is there any way that I can get that scroll from you?"

Shademan
2008-03-31, 04:55 AM
Quickpaw grins widely "A man hiding in the bush, talking language ive never heard and look a wolf! how ... interesting... " Quickpaw swings elegantly down from the branch and walks toward Lyolas. "I do hope that youre quite diffrent form that one. he is so tiresome and no fun at all." he smiles and start to circulate around him "tell you what... you can have the scroll!" he spreads his arms and grins widely "if you can catch me..." and with that his body burst with red hair and he turns into a manbeast! a FOX of some sorts!
"ready set..."

TKDfirefly
2008-03-31, 05:21 AM
Lyolas

Relieved that Quickpaw did not strike or run away, Lyolas relaxes. Upon hearing the challenge, a grin appears on his face. "I am always up for a challenge. And this one sounds like fun. Before we begin, is there any limit to what I can use to catch you? I do not want you to cry out that I have cheated after I succeed." While Lyolas is speaking this he is slowly changing also. He starts to shrink. He spreads his arms out and points them toward Quickpaw as they become wings. The amazing thing is that Lyolas is still able to speak normally during the entire transformation into an eagle. Lyolas hops on to Aedan's head as he waits for Quickpaw.

Lyolas uses wild shape to become an eagle.
He is still able to speak because of Shifter's Speech.
By pointing his arms at Quickpaw, Lyolas is signaling Aedan to use the track trick and his target is Quickpaw. He is suppose to do it as soon as he is off the wolf's head. I do not know if you need a check, but just in case you need a Handle Animal Check [roll0]

Shademan
2008-03-31, 11:11 AM
"rules are simple. get a hold of me and you win. GO!" The large fox (medium creature) dashes into the forest at full speed.

Quickpaw automatically wins initiative by 1.
to win the game you must catch up with Quickpaw (speed 50ft) and make a touch attack. Quickpaw is quite agile and the brusheri make a air attack harder so he have a touch AC of 15. charging might be a good idea.

Lepre_Khan
2008-03-31, 11:42 AM
Arkad

While Lyolas and Quickpaw are off playing shape-shifting tag, Arkad crosses his arms and waits silently. Very well, Dictator. We will play your game. Accidents are known to happen.

TKDfirefly
2008-03-31, 04:32 PM
Lyolas

Hoping to get this overwith as soon as possible, Lyolas flies swiftly after Quickpaw. Even while he is chasing down Quickpaw, Lyolas has few ideas on how he can make sure this finishes quickly. Aedan immediately starts following the two, hoping to keep up. He knows that he is only suppose to track and not attack.

Charge attack [roll0]

Shademan
2008-04-01, 12:53 AM
(what is your speed when you charge as a eagle?)

TKDfirefly
2008-04-01, 05:22 AM
(My speed when I charge as an eagle is 160 ft. Its base fly speed is 80 ft.)

Shademan
2008-04-01, 05:49 AM
As you speed up to catch Quickpaw he speeds up as well. A short but hard race follows and when youre just above him you decend upon him with great speed.
and grab his tail.

>everyone slows down<

"wheow, really didnt see that one coming!" Quickpaw slowly grows the fur back into his body, it bubbles and fizzles and turn back to human. "ah, yes. you won, so the prize is yours!" quickpaw giggles and whistles loudly. the sharp noise fills the entire forest...
Quickpaw prances and jumps around Lyolas (something that is QUITE dissturbing when you consider that clothes does not follow Lycanthropes) any attempts to talk to him will be interupted by a sharp "HYSJ".

after a while a normal fox jumps out of the shrubbery. carrying a scroll in its mouth. "yes yes, goood boy, yes youre good..." Quickpaw says as he pets the fox and take the scroll "and now... your price!" Quickpaw says...
and THROWS the scroll high into the sky!
(your attention is automatically directed at the scroll)
.....quickpaw is gone.

TKDfirefly
2008-04-01, 06:23 AM
Lyolas

Lyolas follows the scroll up to make sure that no tricks happen. After catching the scroll, he looks around for Quickpaw. Smiling and shaking his head from the fun, Lyolas turns to Aedan. "Well, that was fun, wasn't it Aedan? He sure is an interesting duine. I would love to be his ally, maybe even his friend." Aedan agrees with a short howl. The chase was exactly what he needed after just sitting and listening to people. "I knew you would like it."

Holding on to the scroll securely, the duo go back to the group. Upon arriving, Lyolas hands over the scroll to Javeed. "Sorry about that but I was interested in the man called Quickpaw. I wanted to meet him. After that spreasàn, Earenais, failed to get the scroll, I figured that I would try. Apparently, Quickpaw and I have similar minds because we came to a nice agreement."

Spot check to se Quickpaw [roll0]

Shademan
2008-04-01, 09:23 AM
" Quickpaw dont have anything you could call a mind." Cains tell the druid " Mr. Raneits said he had to much mind and to little brain. but Mr.Raneits says allot of things. in anyways, you have scroll. you have the mission. anything else?"

Dustfinger
2008-04-01, 06:39 PM
Javeed

Javeed stares at the man as he walks back in and takes the scroll from him.

Wow, uh thanks, guess you're useful for more than just attacking allies. I suppose we should just go to the camp at nightfall if this is the plan of action we are using. Any other suggestions?

He then steps back towards the table and grabs his helmet and puts it on. Then he pulls his gem off of his waist and starts swinging it around waiting for a response.

Lepre_Khan
2008-04-02, 08:58 AM
Arkad

Arkad rumbles a response to Javeed, "I believe you are correct, Dreamlord. Our strategy is laid, out tactics require a more immediate grasp of the area."

OOC-- I'm in Paris next week. Dustfinger can portray me for that time.

Strike3
2008-04-03, 10:59 AM
"What shall be our next move then my companions?"

Shademan
2008-04-04, 07:08 AM
http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs26/f/2008/095/5/9/map_of_some_sort_by_dragonsdale.jpg

"ah, yes offcourse. here's a map. it was quickpaw who made it..." *hands map*
"you can keep it."

LongVin
2008-04-04, 02:43 PM
Varin looks at the map, having no opinion on it. Sneaking into a Roman camp and not being able to bash in a few skulls was not his idea of fun or an adventure. It seemed pointless to him.

TKDfirefly
2008-04-04, 04:29 PM
Lyolas

Glaring at Javeed about his comment, Lyolas lets it go. He is not worth it. And I do not want it to appear that he is right. Turning to look at the map, he nods. It was certainly done by Quickpaw. The air about it tells him so.

"It looks to me that if this map is correct, the best route to sneak into their camp is from the woods next to them. However, they might be expecting trouble from that direction since the druids have been using spells. Approaching from the river would be good if there was a forest between it and the camp."

Lyolas looks up at his companions to listen to their response.

Dustfinger
2008-04-05, 06:18 AM
Javeed

I think we should follow the road until it forks then travel north until we get to the woods. Then when we get there we'll figure out what the best form of attack is after we've see the camp.

Javeed glances around the room too get opinions on his idea.

Arkad

We'll i'm not a huge fan of the idea of attacking the camp. But the Persian poses a good point. If we take the road we're safe for a while, then we can stake out our enemies. If we have to attack, that is the best way go about it.

He then falls into his seat, grunts and closes his eyes shaking his head.

LongVin
2008-04-05, 02:39 PM
"The road works. Let's make this quick." Varin cracks his neck and slings the large axe across his back.

TKDfirefly
2008-04-05, 03:42 PM
Lyolas

"Well, it appears like I am the only who thinks they might be watching the road. Oh well, I will go along with the group if you are really set on that."

Lyolas is obviously frustrated with the group decision but he does not want to make a big deal about it. We learn from our mistakes. He starts gathering his gear and preparing to go.

Shademan
2008-04-06, 01:11 AM
( everyone is ready to go?)

LongVin
2008-04-06, 02:36 PM
OOC: I'm good to go.

Strike3
2008-04-06, 03:25 PM
"Let's be off then" Joshua says confidently as he mounts his horse and steps out into the front of the group.

Shademan
2008-04-07, 01:05 AM
most of the group seems ready, so i'll just shoo you away

With a new scroll, backpack and a sorry excuse for a map, you set out to save Lucania! oh, the heroism!!

Traveling along the road is just as exiting as traveling along the road, and after about two hours (youre inside the "A" now) you reach a point were shrubbery and minor trees block the vision to the road ahead(which is turning).
make a listen check.

TKDfirefly
2008-04-07, 04:16 AM
Lyolas

Listen check [roll0]

Aedan

Listen check [roll1]
Does he sense anything new because of his scent ability?
If he does, he will let out a growl.
Scent
30 ft radius in normal wind conditions
60 ft if opponent is upwind
15 ft if opponent is downwind
Strong smells have twice the normal range.

Dustfinger
2008-04-07, 04:06 PM
Javeed

See I told you the road was the best idea. It's a nice easy walk and no trouble.

Listen [roll0]
Listen for Arkad [roll1]

LongVin
2008-04-08, 06:45 PM
Varin now holding his shield with his hand resting on the smaller axe glances up and down the road watching for threats against him and his party.

[roll0]

Strike3
2008-04-08, 08:40 PM
Looking ahead and listening intently, Joshua stays alert for any sign of danger.

Listen Check: (1d20+3)

Strike3
2008-04-08, 08:48 PM
Listen Check: [roll0] ...sry mistype on last roll.

Shademan
2008-04-09, 01:13 AM
the Northern warrior, the druid and his wolf hears the sound of armed men approaching. they are likely to become visible in less than ten seconds. you can easly estimate that it is four to five men.

LongVin
2008-04-09, 08:50 AM
Turning to the rest of his companions, Varin tells them in a low but strong voice "Legionaires are approaching...about 5."

Dustfinger
2008-04-09, 05:51 PM
Javeed

Javeed stops for a moment casts a spell and then continues walking.

You there behind the shrubbery, you can come out now and stop all this funny business.

He then instantly keeps quiet and stares towards where the people should be and "listens" intently for any sign of danger.

Detect Thoughts DC 16

TKDfirefly
2008-04-09, 08:17 PM
Lyolas

Upon hearing the approaching strangers, Aedan lets out a growl and Lyolas grips his spear tighter. Looking at Varin, he says "I sensed them also, saighdiùr. So does Aedan. We should be ready for a fight. I would rather not have one this close to the camp but it will do us no good if we are not prepared." Closing his eyes for a brief moment, Lyolas remembers a helpful spell in case of danger. When he opens his eyes, there seems to be a soft glow of power from them that slowly diminishes back to normal. Lyolas watches were the newcomers should arrive from.

Lyolas used Detect Magic. It will last for 5 minutes.

Shademan
2008-04-10, 01:41 AM
Four legionaires turn around the corner, right behind them comes three shackled figures, two very short and one of normal height, and behind them, another legionaire. The Legionaires stops and look confused at the out-of-the-place group.
the romans automatically rolls 1. roll initiative, lads!
magic found: none
thoughts detected:
What the hell...
uuuh....
wait, whatnow?
woah... we're did those come from?
*yip yip* hynf! kakkle kekeke!
*snarl!* gorroda YIP!
oh great goddess, i thank you for this chance to escape.
whats happening? eh? who are those guys? Lucanians?

i will draw a encounter map as soon as i get home

TKDfirefly
2008-04-10, 03:25 AM
Initiative
Lyolas - [roll0]
Aedan - [roll1]

OOC -- I will be away for a week. See sig. Shademan will be in charge of Lyolas and Aedan unless I can miracously get online.

Shademan
2008-04-10, 07:23 AM
dont worry druid-man. youre in good.... youre in decent....
youre in some hands.

Strike3
2008-04-10, 09:49 AM
Joshua's Initiative: [roll0]

Dustfinger
2008-04-10, 09:36 PM
Javeed

Why hello men, fancy seeing you here, night night!

Initiative for me [roll0]
Initiative for Arkad [roll1] add whatever he needs, idk
As soon as it's my turn i'll cast Deep Slumber on them, starting with the most threatening first, It gets 10 HD worth of people. Arkad will prepare an attack for any of the Legionares that attack.

LongVin
2008-04-10, 09:44 PM
Init: [roll0]

Lepre_Khan
2008-04-11, 06:49 AM
Arkad

Come his turn, Arkad positions himself in front of Javeed and prepares an attack for the first Legionarre to come in range. Don't want squishy spellcasters getting messed up while I'm on duty!

Strike3
2008-04-21, 11:15 AM
Apparently the quickest to react, Joshua dismounts from his horse and prepares an arrow should this interaction quickly turn ugly.

Shademan
2008-04-23, 02:12 PM
http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs26/f/2008/114/e/8/encounter_map_by_dragonsdale.jpg

initiative order:
Joshua
javeed
arkad
aedan
varin
-romans-

Joshua readies a arrow, but waits to see how things turn out. Javeed on the other hand, dosnt bother to ask friend or foe and with a snap of his fingers a bleak coat of glittering sand falls over the romans....
...The romans fall to the ground, snoring long before their pathetic faces slam the cobblestone road. the tallest of the prisoners fall to the ground as well.
The two other prisoners are short, lizard like and dressed in white rags and leather. they jump up down while waving their fists, they snicker and bark to you.

most of you just readied fer action, so next turn begins now. i sense it will be a butcher-house ;P

TKDfirefly
2008-04-23, 04:36 PM
Lyolas

Lyolas is confused that his comrades have not attacked. Except for the dream mage. I wonder why they are hesitating. Then he reaches down and signals Aedan. The wolf follows the order and goes after the roman in the back. Aedan pauses inbetween the guard and his prisoners, defending them if he should wake. Lyolas then checks his dagger to see if there is any indication that it should be used instead. Then he grips tightly the preferred weapon snd readies himself.

Handle Animal check [roll0] - to go and ready to attack when Lyolas attacks
Lyolas figures that the dagger will pulse when it wants to be used.
Readies to charge the first roman when someone else attacks.

Lepre_Khan
2008-04-23, 10:49 PM
Arkad

Raising an approving eyebrow at Javeed's effectiveness, Arkad calmly walks over and coup de graces the first Roman.

TKDfirefly
2008-04-23, 11:53 PM
Lyolas

With the Anuubite killing the first guard, Lyolas follows suit. He decides that the spear is the right choice for this job and skewers the next roman. When he starts pulling out his spear, he drags it across the romans back to create a long gash in the middle of the roman's back. Seeing that his friend has attacked, Aedan bites right in the roman's throat and twists his head sharply. There is a satisfying snap and then Aedan releases. Blood drips from his fangs and muzzle as he looks back to Lyolas.

Both Lyolas and Aedan do coup de grace against the two romans.

Shademan
2008-04-24, 01:39 AM
the two lizard-like prisoners jump up and down in exitement. they bark and hiss gleefully. One roman left.

Shademan
2008-04-29, 12:48 AM
and since nobody else kills the last roman, the two lizard-like fella's grab his gladius and pokes his brains with it.
no romans left!

Dustfinger
2008-05-01, 09:35 PM
Javeed

Hello my friends. Why had these men taken you captive, and from where do you hail?

If they seem non-responsive he tries it in a differant language.

Shademan
2008-05-02, 02:00 AM
one of the barking reptiles seems to speak Persian.
"Yip,Yip! we are kobolds in the service of the most honourable King of the Seleucid's. praise be his magnificent tail-less body and his not-reptile but still functional head! *Wuff!* we are spies! we were taken prisoners by these wannabe-soldiers two days ago. somebody had poisoned our drinking water. if that had'nt happened we would've killed these romans ourselves." the Kobold sits down and scratches himself behind his ear(or hole,since lizards have holes for ears) "we dont know anything about the other prisoner. we dont speak that language." the kobold shakes Javeeds hand "thankyou so much for freeing us *yip, yip!* we must head back to the empire. let us just grab a weapon each and we'll be on our way, noble one."

Lepre_Khan
2008-05-02, 06:44 PM
Arkad

Sniffing in disgust at the unwashed prisoners, Arkad keeps his weapon in hand.

"Indeed."

Walking over to the kobold that spoke, the leans down into it's face,

"We saved your lives from these...soldiers. It is customary for one whose life has been saved to reward his saviors. We need information on the Romans. What were you able to find out?

Diplomacy [roll0]

TKDfirefly
2008-05-02, 08:14 PM
Lyolas

"While you two are talking to those diabha, I will find out from the man." Lyolas walks over to the sleeping man and bends down to get closer. Then a rooster's crow comes from his mouth. Lyolas then steps back and waits for the man to become fully conscience of the situation. Aedan comes to his side and settles into a relaxed position. Once the man is fully awake, Lyolas asks, "Do you know anything about the Romans who captured you? More specifically, about their camp nearby."

Lyolas casts Dawn. Fortitude save negates though it is a harmless spell. DC 14.

Shademan
2008-05-03, 02:41 AM
The Kobold shakes his head "the camp was not a part of our mission, most noble one with hairy ears. however, we did get some information from our captors, their Tounges loosened when they drank, and i could hear them speaking around the campfire." the kobold draws his breath and let it slowly out "The general have bodyguards. two men in golden armour that covers the ENTIRE body! these men never eat, sleep or talk, they just stare at everyone that passes by with their white, hollow eyes. they patrol around the generals tent all night, they aint natural i tell you." the kobold nods "otherwise, they store their scrolls in a red tent. dont know if that helps, thats all i know." The kobold bows while the other kobold jump up and down.

Lyolas is shocked to find that the man is a WOMAN! She looks around, confused. "wha-what happened here?"

Lepre_Khan
2008-05-03, 01:31 PM
Arkad

"What was your mission, little scaly one?"

Shademan
2008-05-03, 03:57 PM
"that i cannot say, or my king would have me dropped in a pit of burning snakes" he stares the anubaan straight in the eye, as if to say that he shouldnt press the matter further.

Meanwhile, the female talking to the druid gets up "unless youre planning to keep me shackled would you mind getting them off?" she says somewhat bluntly.

Lepre_Khan
2008-05-03, 06:27 PM
Arkad

"Unfortunately, friend. Your king is not right here. I am. Burning snakes are a blessing compared to the powers of Anubis.

Intimidate[roll0]

TKDfirefly
2008-05-03, 07:58 PM
Lyolas

"I will work on that. While I am doing that, tell me why the Romans held you captive. And about their camp that is close."

Lyolas listens to the woman while he searches the two guards for the keys thoroughly. He also signals to Aedan to be alert for any trouble. After he finds the keys, he unlocks all the shackles and helps the woman to her feet.

Search - taking a 20 to find the keys and anything else that could be useful from the romans.
Handle Animal [roll0]

Shademan
2008-05-04, 02:10 AM
Lyolas finds a bronze key and 201 roman Denarii's (gold coins)

"im a warrior from the lands north of Scythia, or Atador to be more precise. We would not like to see the Romans become the masters of Italy so we supply the Lucanians with arms. I was with a caravan that was assaulted by Romans. they we're to many so we retreated over a bridge. i stayed behind and sabotaged the bridge. it was rather poorly constructed so it wasnt hard. anyways, i got captured and was to be sold as slave in Rome, you saved me however and for that i am eternally grateful." *short bow* "if you have something to draw on i can make you a map of the war camp" she says and smiles to Lyolas

Dustfinger
2008-05-04, 08:58 AM
Javeed

I would hate to see people of my own land destroyed for not being cooperative.

Javeed leans over to the kobolds and whispers.

Men, I am the Dream Lord, the kings consort, tell me why you were here and I will let the king know you helped me on my mission. Come on, out with it.

Bluff [roll0]

Shademan
2008-05-04, 09:06 AM
" i am sorry, dream-meddler. bu t i am under STRICT orders not to tell to anyone. i CAN, however, say that the senate was involved"

TKDfirefly
2008-05-04, 03:26 PM
Lyolas

Lyolas retrieves Quickpaw's map and brings it over to the woman. "Here you go. Use the back." Lyolas seems slightly flustered by her smile at him. He tries to appear happy but he is not very successful. To help calm him, he goes over to Aedan and starts petting and talking to him. It seems to work as a true smile comes across his face when Aedan licks his one hand.

LongVin
2008-05-04, 05:35 PM
OOC: Sorry. Forgot about the thread. I'll catch up.

Dustfinger
2008-05-04, 08:08 PM
Javeed

Okay, fine, have it your way little ones. Arkad, Varin, kill them.... Last chance you little geckos.

Intimidate [roll0]

Shademan
2008-05-05, 12:49 AM
"you false son of a..." The kobold hiss louldy at him and bark a short word to the other. They tumble around Javeed and runs for the shrubbery.
*rolls tumble check*
they keep running

if you want to pursue them you must roll initiative

Strike3
2008-05-05, 08:54 AM
Deeming any chase to be hopeless, Joshua attempts to refocus his companions on the issue at hand. "Do not worry friends, perhaps this woman will help us in our mission. She does seem to be much more willing then those other two, and goodness knows we cannot afford to have unhappy or loud companions on the final leg of this journey.

Lepre_Khan
2008-05-05, 10:29 AM
Arkad

"Agreed. Javeed and Lyolas appear to have her under control. I will keep watch."

Turning his back, he summons Joshua,

"Come Hebrew."

When the scout approach Arkad leans over and whispers, as well he can, "Watch the woman. She can not be trusted. Keep an arrow knocked and your eye on her at all times."

Straightening, Arkad slings his shield over his back and surveys the surrounding area, khopesh in hand.

Spot [roll0]

Shademan
2008-05-05, 10:50 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/judgerdead/thromancamp.jpg?t=1210001078

the female looks into the shrubbery where the kobolds fled " uhm... ok..." she finishes the drawing and gives the map back to Lyolas " here. it might not be good, but it gives you a basic idea of how it looks like. round tent to the left of the commanders tent is always closed at all times and always guarded. the red tent is occupied by Mages, I dont know what they do in there but it aint good for the Lucanians." she smiles "but where are my manners? i am Aserii. i dont belive i caught your name."

The Anubaan sees nothing special. just the regular plains and shrubbery.
he thinks he can hear some faint, reptilian cursing.

Strike3
2008-05-06, 07:24 AM
Joshua replies with a simple nod and the moves to get a better view of what was going on with the woman...

LongVin
2008-05-06, 09:26 AM
Varin grins and hefts his axe up preparing to cut down the tiny creatures, then lets out an audible sigh when it becomes obvious they plan on cooperating. He is never going to get to kill anything today, a shame.

Shademan
2008-05-06, 10:33 AM
Varin grins and hefts his axe up preparing to cut down the tiny creatures, then lets out an audible sigh when it becomes obvious they plan on cooperating. He is never going to get to kill anything today, a shame.
OOC:
cooperate and cooperate. they did run off ;p
dont worry. you'll get to bury your axe in some skulls sooner or later

Shademan
2008-05-15, 07:22 AM
hai u gais! u still playin???