PDA

View Full Version : Bardic Spell Suggestions...

SamTheCleric
2008-03-25, 10:11 AM
Ok, I need spell suggestions for a character with a distinct flavor.

Half-Aquatic Elf Bard 3. He is a musician, a performer, just a generally calm person from Waterdeep.

I'd like to find spells that fit that flavor... while Tasha's is a great spell, I don't see him making people laugh. Things like Enthrall and party boosting spells.

Thanks!

EDIT: He will focus on spellcasting and music more than anything else. Feats at the start: (FREE) Cosmopolitan [Regional], 1st Level Water Adaptation [Racial]. 3rd Level Melodic Casting or Versatile Performer.

Isomenes
2008-03-25, 01:26 PM
Inspirational Boost (CoAdv) is a must to boost your party with Inspire Courage. Only a +1, but with the Song of the Heart feat from Ebberon you're already at +3. At third level, that's nothing to sneeze at. The cantrip Message will let you do it so that your enemies can't hear it and learn to shut you down with silence or somesuch.

Also, do buy ranks towards the requirements for Sublime Chord if you're planning on focusing on spellcasting.

SamTheCleric
2008-03-25, 01:28 PM
I was actually considering Virtuoso... it fits the character concept of a skilled performer, increases spell casting... Sublime Chord may be out of scope for the RP... but if it happens in game, i'm down (may take some retraining to get the skills back to where they need to be)