PDA

View Full Version : Evil Halfing Warrior - Add parts to Mr. Potatohead

Nad
2008-03-25, 11:55 AM
Hello all,

Our group is starting a new campaign tonight, we're going evil >:)

Since we've had previous experience with evil campaigns, we know that you need something to bind the group together to keep it from pulling itself apart. Through a few random class and race choices, it appears this party is going to be made up of all gnomes and halflings. The halfings might be Aunt Judy's kids and from the Bitterleaf clan…

Regardless, I've decided that I'm going to go with a warrior. Let's set this out there first - I'm sticking with warrior, I don’t want to multiclass and I'm limited to these books:
PHB 3.5, PHB II, Sword & Fist

The first game is tonight, we're all first level and I've decided that I'm going to max my AC and my damage output. I'd appreciate any feedback:

Stats: S 12, D 20, C 14, I 13, W 8, C 10

The feats I'm planning on taking are:

Combat Expertise, Weapon Finess, Two Weapon Fighting, Imp Shield Bash

In an unknown order. I can't decide if I want to be combat viable or have an insane AC.

Before I spend time trying to figure out which one I want to go with, does anyone else have suggestions?

Hal
2008-03-25, 12:12 PM
Well, I'm always a fan of Power Attack for melee fighters. Despite being small in size, you can still get all the benefits of power attacking, so you can be just as powerful as a medium creature (depending on choice of weapon). Of course, to get the full benefits, you'll have to go with a two-handed weapon, but if that's off of the flavor you want for your character, then I don't know what else to add.

Chronos
2008-03-25, 12:12 PM
Just remember, the third pebble from the left, ten feet down the road that way, never gets hit. Why? Because nobody ever has a reason to try hit it. If you completely sacrifice offensive capability in favor of AC, you'll be the third pebble from the left. Your first job is to make yourself enough of a nuisance to the enemies that things will try to hit you: Once you have that taken care of, then's the time to see about making sure they don't succeed.

Corsec1337
2008-03-25, 12:13 PM
I'm guessing you want to be more dexed base than armor based? Adding improved combat expertise (complete warrior) is the only thing that comes to mind, but you can't use that book...

So I guess don't forget your lead plate at home then!

Haakon
2008-03-25, 12:16 PM
Don't you mean fighter as opposed to the warrior class? Or did you just mean warrior in general, heh. The Sword and Fist isn't 3.5 material, do you mean the Complete Warrior?

You might want to consider some of the shield based feats in the PH2, like Shield Specialization and Shield Ward. Those will increase your regular and touch AC. If you want to fight with two weapons and use a shield, there is a feat in the PH2 that greatly reduces the penalty for using shields that way, Can't remember the name though.

You can be combat viable and have a high AC, it just takes a bit of work, thats all.

Person_Man
2008-03-25, 12:18 PM
Meat Shields are screwed without splat books. In my opinion, your best options are Knock-Down and Spirited Charge with a lance wielded two handed with Power Attack. It's your best core-ish option for high damage and battlefield control. Halflings are particularly well suited to mounted combat, in that they can ride their medium sized mounts everywhere.

Wagadodo
2008-03-25, 12:20 PM
I would think about switching your Strength around and your dex. Give yourself an 16 strength and 16 dex. I know you will be losing 2 points to your ac but it would save from having to take weapon finese as a feat. It would also open up some power attack options. Just use a bit heavier armor, your touch AC might be dropped but still will even out your regular armor. The one problem with Weapon Finese is if you are using a shield you have to take off the armor bonus off your attack roll.

If you really want to get armor classy with it, I would suggest Sheild Specialization out of the PHB II. Power attack and cleave never hurt a fighter no matter what type of weapon you are using.

I had a friend that was playing a Halfing Warrior and he went this route. Bastard Sword, Two Weapon fighting, Overside Two weapon fighting... But you don't have Complete warrior do you... Hum.. I don't know if that feat is in the Sword & Fist, and Two weapon defense.