PDA

View Full Version : Greysky City[spoiler]

ChaoticEvilGuy
2008-03-25, 07:21 PM
After reading OotS again (which I commonly do when The Giant doesn't put new stirps up:smallmad:)
I noticed that in strip #514. Haley and Isamu hide in a crate labled "IMPORTED from Greysky City". Also in SoD, Eugene and 'Right-Eye' met at a Tavern in Greysky. And latley Haley and Celia are planning on traveling to Greysky to get to Cliffport (Haley didn't seem to keen about going there). Now I'm wondering, is Greysky just a little hidden Easter Egg in the seris, or is it going to become a major part of OotS? I think Greysky is where the Theives Guild that Haley was in is. But I wanted to hear other peoples therioes.

Phase
2008-03-25, 07:30 PM
It's a place, a place that exists in the OotS universe. A mention of Greysky City is no more an easter egg than mentioning Azure City.

Felixaar
2008-03-25, 11:17 PM
Unlikely that its the Theives guild location. Why?

In OtooPC's, Elan and Sir Francois stay at the Rob-U-While-U-Sleep Inn (or somehting like that) run by two of the theives guild patrons. Haley's exit from the theives guild gives of the air that people dont normally leave the theives guild, so the idea that one other person left maybe possible, but two, going to the same place? Unlikely. However, since Greysky city is apparently the closest city to Azure City, it must be in the southernlands, and since Elan specifically states around comic #204 (could be a few off on the number sorry) that he's never been to the southerlands, that means that the location of the theives guild is not in the southern lands and therefore not in Greysky city.

I think.

Corsair
2008-03-25, 11:41 PM
I got the impression that Greysky City was where Lord whathisface was keeping Haley's father. Tyrinar, wasn't it? I forget. Bah.

David Argall
2008-03-25, 11:46 PM
Haley's dad and Lord Tyrinar are almost certainly on the Western continent, and Greysky city is now pinpointed on this one.

The Extinguisher
2008-03-26, 09:05 AM
Greysky city seems to be your standard 'evil city' city.

Bunlett
2008-03-26, 11:49 AM
OtOoPC was in greyscale too, so greysky city may be one of the cities in there. :smallconfused: hmmm...

David Argall
2008-03-26, 09:46 PM
Unlikely that its the Theives guild location. Why?

In OtooPC's, Elan and Sir Francois stay at the Rob-U-While-U-Sleep Inn (or somehting like that) run by two of the theives guild patrons. Haley's exit from the theives guild gives of the air that people dont normally leave the theives guild, so the idea that one other person left maybe possible, but two, going to the same place? Unlikely. However, since Greysky city is apparently the closest city to Azure City, it must be in the southernlands, and since Elan specifically states around comic #204 (could be a few off on the number sorry) that he's never been to the southerlands, that means that the location of the theives guild is not in the southern lands and therefore not in Greysky city.

I think.

Greysky City has been located North of the mountains. While the border of the Southlands is uncertain, the mountains are the prime candidate at the moment, so Elan's statement is apparently consistent with Greysky being in Northern lands. He still has to get a fair distance North to meet up with Roy, whose presumptive location is around Cliffport, tho we can move Roy around over a pretty wide area if we work at it. [Roy is supposed to be 18 miles from the Redmountain hills, which are assumed to be in the North for no solid reason I am aware of. But if we make them go N-S instead of E-W, we can have the Southern end start a little North of Greysky and Roy can collect his gang a bit out of Greysky and head into the hills, and travel North, finally exiting at the North end , where he wanders around until collected by Miko.]