PDA

View Full Version : Rules question?

kentma57
2008-03-25, 07:59 PM
I am curenty an 11th level character and I have just been hit with a negative level.(like 3 rounds ago) I have long standing plans to die and come back as a intelligent undead, when that happens will the negative level go away?

ps: the levels are currently temporary negative levels

AslanCross
2008-03-25, 08:23 PM
I am curenty an 11th level character and I have just been hit with a negative level.(like 3 rounds ago) I have long standing plans to die and come back as a intelligent undead, when that happens will the negative level go away?

ps: the levels are currently temporary negative levels

I don't think this is really covered by the rules, but since undead can't be level drained, I'd say they go away. Besides, aren't negative levels generally temporary until you make the secondary save that determines if they're permanently lost?

Chronos
2008-03-25, 08:28 PM
Unless you become an undead some time in the next 24 hours, the negative level will be long gone by then. If you fail your save tomorrow, you no longer have a negative level; you're just one level lower than you were. You can correct that by a Restoration or Greater Restoration spell if you don't wait too long, or by just adventuring more and gaining it back the old-fashioned way. Becoming an undead won't cause you to gain that level back, any more than it would cause anyone to gain a level.

kentma57
2008-03-25, 08:51 PM
I could become undead in less than 4 hours all I have to do is kill myself and have my friend cast the spell (I always have the materials/scroll with me).