PDA

View Full Version : Telflammar & gestalt

Cuddly
2008-03-26, 03:01 AM
I'm looking to make a highly mobile gestalt stabby type, and was looking for suggestions on a build that uses telflammar from unapproachable east.

I'm thinking going rogue//psion to telflammar//psion(nomad), picking up a couple levels of swordsage (for shadow stance, dex to damage, nifty counters, and wis to AC). Race would be Lesser Tiefling + the dark template, maybe that shadow template also in Una. East. My DM says for the sake of the mage slayer chain of feats, the wouldn't affect my manifester level.

Maybe toss in a level of warlock for casting darkness at will. With pierce magic protection, pierce magical concealment, and a constant blur effect, I should (almost) always be making sneak attacks vs. AC 10 or less.

stats are (lucky rolls):
Have to be evil. Starting ECL 9, LA buyoff is allowed.

Questions:
Is there anyway to make a full melee attack then hide immediately afterwards? Are there any feats that increase the number of sneak attack dice I get? I thought I read somewhere of a feat that made you count as a rogue 4 levels higher than you were (like practiced spellcaster).

kme
2008-03-26, 09:35 AM
Hmm, Craven feat from champions of ruin may be exactly what you need. Also if you are going for telfamar shadowlord and you are a psion too, I would suggest you to take Expanded knowledge feat to get Dimension hop (Ardent only power). With shadow pounce it is very good, and it also fits your mobility theme.
As for hiding after full attack, well, there is always Hide in plain sight.

Keld Denar
2008-03-26, 10:44 AM
Dude, if you have ToB available (you do because of Swordsage), put cloistered cleric/crusader/RKV on one side and swash/rogue/TSL on the other side. You can time it out so that you keep perfect 20/20 BAB, you get almost full cleric casting (WeeJas likes trickery + magic + knowledge devotion). Plus, you gain the nice ability to hide, even in full plate!

Plus, once you finish TFL, you can do crazy shadow pounces. Shadow Jaunt then Shadow Stride, then Shadow Blink for 3 full attacks. Then use Divine Impetus to recover your swift action and Divine Recovery to recover Shadow Blink and do it again and again till you run out of enemies or turn attempts. Focus on TWF and keep your sneak attack way up with Daring Outlaw. If you open combat from hiding, you could potentially blink about like Nightcrawler while slashing and shredding. You'd be almost unstoppable because even if you were running out of gas, you could just blink away to get out of the way and hide again if needed.

Man, this quite frankly scares this shiss out of me. Imagine if a DM sicked on on you....you'd be dead before you realize it without Anticipate Teleport....

kme
2008-03-26, 12:49 PM
Actually with psionics you can pull out more full attacks: Teleport, schismed teleport, dimension hop and move action dimension door. And you can also do it every round if you have enough PP. But that would really be an overkill. dimension hop would be enough, it costs 1 PP and has swift action casting time.

If you really wants to abuse TOB, take stormguard warrior too. With TWF and shadow pounce, it is so broken that you should never play it. But it may be cool as a dramatic end of BBEG, especially if you are on a loosing side of battle (omnislash :smallcool: ).

Cuddly
2008-03-26, 03:13 PM
Ooh, these are all very good ideas. I'll have to tinker around with the build. I'm definitely going to be retraining martial weapon proficiencies to pick up the expanded knowledge feats.

I'm going to get a psicrystal, psicrystal containment, and solicit psicrystal. That way I can use control light to turn all the lights off in a room with my mind then blink around tearing people apart as my psicrystal keeps everything in the dark.

I think I'll dip warlock for 1 level for devil's sight.