PDA

View Full Version : Stratocaster - Rock/Metal Maneuver Bard

Djinn_in_Tonic
2008-03-26, 09:56 AM
It's not finished by any means, but the other day I came across this system I created a while ago, and decided to post it up for comments and ideas. It's probably far overpowered and possibly irredeemable, but I figured I'd toss it out anyway.

First, some definitions.

Back-beat: Constant effect, change as a swift action
Riff: 1/encounter each, lasts a number of rounds equal to your class level. Swift action to initiate, can end at will, and can only have 1 in effect at a time.
Solo: Anywhere from an immediate action to a full-round action. Must recover uses before you can use it again.

And now, some of the first draft of "songs," if you will. The level is equal to maneuver levels for the level accessed. Now, I wasn't that concerned with balancing them when I first wrote down the idea, so bear with me.

Nothing Ever Dies
Riff
Level: 3
Action: Swift
Target: All allies within 60ft.
Effect: You and all allies within 60ft do not fall unconscious or die for the duration of this Riff. If a character is reduced to below 0hp or fails a save against a death effect, this effect is postponed until the end of the Song. When the song is over, all effects instantly occur, regardless of the duration that has elapsed.

Sonic Firestorm
Solo
Level: 1
Action: Full-round Action
Target: 15ft radius burst centered on you
Effect: This effect deals 1d6 points of fire damage and 1d6 points of sonic damage to all creatures within 15ft of you. This damage increased by 1d6 fire damage and 1d6 sonic damage for every 2 levels about first you have. A successful Reflex save reduces this damage by half.

Iron Man
Back-beat
Level: 5
Target: Self
Effect: You gain damage reduction 4/adamantine. At 15th level this increased to 8/adamantine, and at 20th it increases to 12/adamantine.

Berserker
Back-beat
Target: Yourself
Effect: You turn into a brutal combat monster. For the duration of this song you gain +2 Strength and +2 Constitution, suffer a -2 penalty to AC, and gain damage reduction 2/-. At 5th level you gain +4 Strength and +4 Constitution, and your damage reduction increases to 3/-. At 10th level you gain +6 Strength and +6 Constitution, and your damage reduction increases to 4/-. At 15th level you gain +8 Strength and +8 Constitution, and your damage reduction increases to 5/-. At 20th level you gain +10 Strength and +10 Constitution, and your damage reduction increases to 6/-.

Ten Thousand Fists
Solo
Level: 8
Action: Full-round
Effect: The power of metal flows through you as you mercilessly beat down your opponent. When you play this Solo, you make two full attacks as a full-round action. Your iterative attacks for this round are at -3 instead of -5.

Strength Beyond Strength
Solo
Effect: The gods of metal bestow their formidable strength upon your puny mortal form. For the next three rounds you gain a +4 enhancement bonus to your Strength score. At 5th level this increases to +8, at 10th it increases to +12, at 15th it increases to +16, and at 20th it increases to +20. After using this ability you are fatigued for 10 rounds.

Triple Corpse Hammerblow
Solo
Level: 6
Action: Standard
Target: One creature
Effect: When you play this Solo, make a single melee attack against an opponent within reach. If your attack hits, it deals an additional 12d6 damage and your opponent must make a Fortitude save (DC 16 + your Charisma modifier) or be stunned for 1 round.

Far Beyond Driven
Riff
Target: All allies within 60ft
Effect: While you play this Riff, you and all allies within 60ft gain a +1 bonus to all attack rolls, damage rolls, and saving throws. This bonus increases by +1 for every 5 class levels you possess (+2 at level 5, +3 at level 10, +4 at level 15, and +5 at level 20).

Prepare for War
Riff
Level: 6
Target: All allies within 60ft
Effect: While you play this Riff, you and all allies within 60ft gain the Base Attack Bonus of a fighter of your character level. Additionally, you and all allies within 60ft gain a +1 bonus to Armor Class for every 4 character levels you possess (with a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 5).

DonThelonious
2008-03-26, 10:20 AM
I am not much for the ToB, but I thought you might be interested in this PrC from the WoTC boards.

Disciple of Metal (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=852283)

Djinn_in_Tonic
2008-03-26, 10:26 AM
Actually, I knew about that one, and thanks for showing it to me. That was my inspiration, and I couldn't find the link again to post up.

Anyway, it wasn't quite what I wanted, although I did take the idea of naming the techniques after songs.