PDA

View Full Version : Maacain Invasion, Jack's Group II

Talfrey
2008-03-26, 10:19 AM
New thread!

Zweanslord
2008-03-26, 12:18 PM
Korael

"I join them on my terms, not theirs. Additionally, I would rather have it that they join me!" With that said, he raises his arm and channels negative energy towards the shambling undead approaching him, hoping to rebuke or command them.

Rebuke Check [roll0]
Rebuke Damage [roll1]

Talfrey
2008-03-26, 01:53 PM
Koreal

"You think you can make DEATH folllow your terms?" Malgarath roar as the bodies erupt around him, tattering away into wisps of unholy energy. He snap his fingers and a flaming blade erupts to life in his right hand. He carries it up and brings it crashing down, "Do you think you can be a reaper? Do you think you can kill? Do you think you have what it takes to truly save a world?"

Zweanslord
2008-03-26, 02:07 PM
Korael

Korael looks up at Malgarath. His eyes pierce towards Malgarath's eyes, to meet his gaze and defy his stare. His stance is firm and confident as he says with a bold voice: "I have escaped Hell twice. I have killed people. I have brought those people under my command in death. I have saved people. I might not make death follow my terms in the end and I might not become a reaper or save the world, but that does not stop me from trying! And that is what I am here for - to enhance my power so I may lay my will upon Death itself!" And as he says that, he raises his fist towards Malgarath as he glares at him with a confident look as that same fist flares up with the black and dark negative energy over which Korael does rule in a certain amount.

Solo
2008-03-26, 02:16 PM
Marcus

"So it's all for your friends and yourself. Tell me, if hypothetically the entire world turned on one of your friends, would you help them?" Dalboz says, rising off the ground into the air, and beginning to levitate swarms of pebbles to pelt you.

Hypothetically, I'd help them because, well, what else kind of hypothetical friend would I be?

Why the hypothetical questions? Trying to help me achieve the path of enlightenment or stalling for time?

Talfrey
2008-03-26, 02:28 PM
Koreal

Malgarath smiles, a sick twisted maniacal grin that is only accented by the blazing of his eyes. The fires around you erupt, larger than ever before. Malgarath nods, "You know I could grant you that power. I could grant you that power, everything and more. It would be simple. It would take nothing. All you'd have to do is prove to me that you'd be willing to kill for it. Kill for the power to beat Amrien and save the world."

With that, Malgarath makes a gesture and a tiny portal opens, he reaches within and you hear a yelp from the other sides, cries of alarms, for help, for guards, the voices all strangely familiar. Then through the portal he drags the form of young Rix. The portal disappears and Malgarath holds Rix in a lock, his head arched back, bearing his neck.

"Maireth? I mean... Koreal... who is this man, what's going on? Where am I? What's happening, Koreal help me... please... help me!" come the helpless cries of Rix as Malgarath holds him in place.

Malgarath strokes the side of Rix's mask and coos. "This is the real Rix, in case you were wondering. I easily have enough power to bring him here. You know what to do..."

"What is he talking about Maireth? Please! Help me! I'm scared!!!" Rix cries out, his voice wavering.

Marcus

With that, Dalboz puts his face into his palm, drops out of the air to land lightly on the ground, and sighs. "Ugh... I give up. Fine, go be senseless. You have enough magic by now. I believe the other half of your training was as a rogue. I'll let someone else take over for that."

And with those words, the world goes dark. Then, spotlights, all blazing down upon you, illuminating the sandy floor like an arena, then slow heavy foot steps approach you, and figure in a black hood stands still in the sand before you. "I am Bob. I... uh... I honestly have no idea how I'm here. I'm not dead, at least not last I checked. In fact if I'm right about certain things I shouldn't be able to die. And since I'm almost always right 'cept for that one time with Schroder and that cat, I am quite certain I'm not dead. Anyway... Uh... I'm supposed to like... teach you or something? What level are you by now? What are your classes and what type of build are you trying to run? I can help you train if you tell me."

Zweanslord
2008-03-26, 02:44 PM
Korael

For a moment, there was hesitation. Malgarath was right in one thing - of those on the world, Rix was the one Korael would hesitate the most to kill, it was the best choice to test him. He had wondered if it was really Rix, and Malgarath had answered that question. For a moment, he did not move, his thoughs running rampant. Yet, without logic, without clear thought, Korael reacted. It may be the gravest mistake he ever made. It may not be - time would tell.

Korael stepped forward, staring at Rix for a moment. He spoke two simple words. "Shut up!" Then, with a lunge forward, he shifted his body and faced Malgarath, driving a hand surrounded with dark energy to Malgarath's neck. Holding his hand there, Korael spoke in a dark, loud and angry voice. "As I said, I want Death to follow MY terms! Not yours, not anybody else! I nay seek dependence of power, being a slave to somebody else's terms, joining with their purpose or desire! You are here to train me and you are wasting my time. I do not seek your power - I seek MY OWN! Now train me instead of bouncing temptations at me so you can exert your power over the world you left behind." His voice sounds sure, without wavering. His look is angry, determined. He lets go of Malgarath's neck and looks down upon him. His stare is filled with fury and determination. His focus is with Malgarath and he does not even glance at Rix to see how he is doing.

Talfrey
2008-03-26, 02:47 PM
Koreal

Malgarath smiles.

Malgarath laughs.

Malgarath throws back his head and howls with maniacal cackling.

Malgarath snaps his fingers and Rix slips back into another tiny portal.

"Then we shall begin."

Koreal Levels Up!

Solo
2008-03-26, 03:00 PM
Marcus

With that, Dalboz puts his face into his palm, drops out of the air to land lightly on the ground, and sighs. "Ugh... I give up. Fine, go be senseless. You have enough magic by now. I believe the other half of your training was as a rogue. I'll let someone else take over for that."

And with those words, the world goes dark. Then, spotlights, all blazing down upon you, illuminating the sandy floor like an arena, then slow heavy foot steps approach you, and figure in a black hood stands still in the sand before you. "I am Bob. I... uh... I honestly have no idea how I'm here. I'm not dead, at least not last I checked. In fact if I'm right about certain things I shouldn't be able to die. And since I'm almost always right 'cept for that one time with Schroder and that cat, I am quite certain I'm not dead. Anyway... Uh... I'm supposed to like... teach you or something? What level are you by now? What are your classes and what type of build are you trying to run? I can help you train if you tell me."

I am Marcus, Warlock, Eldritch Seer, and all around sneaky kind of guy. I think the term for it is Rogue.

I frustrated some guy who was beating me up enough for him to kick me out and into here.... Which is?

Talfrey
2008-03-26, 03:10 PM
Bob shrugs, "I dunno" Bob reaches into the depths of his hood with a bluish taloned hand and seems to stroke a beard.

"So like... want to learn to count cards? That's sneaky. Or maybe we should go stab people. That's always fun. What about growing tentacles? Have you ever considered having tentacles installed? They're all the rage right now. That's a lie, but you believe me anyway."

Talfrey
2008-03-26, 03:13 PM
Bob's Lies!
[roll0]

Solo
2008-03-26, 03:36 PM
Bob shrugs, "I dunno" Bob reaches into the depths of his hood with a bluish taloned hand and seems to stroke a beard.

"So like... want to learn to count cards? That's sneaky. Or maybe we should go stab people. That's always fun. What about growing tentacles? Have you ever considered having tentacles installed? They're all the rage right now. That's a lie, but you believe me anyway."

Oh, I believe you alright. I'm sure the tentacles are all the rage these days.... in Hell.

Well, the Abyss anyways. You know how those succubi get...

Marcus decides to take a clsoer look at this "Bob" character by quickly moving up to him and sizing him up.

personally, I'd go for stabbing people myself.

Talfrey
2008-03-26, 04:37 PM
Marcus

"I just so happen to have an entire bag of clones of Kevin Federlines for just such an occasion."

And so the training begins...

Solo
2008-03-26, 05:24 PM
Marcus

"I just so happen to have an entire bag of clones of Kevin Federlines for just such an occasion."

And so the training begins...

Say, panted Marcus, after a long day of stabbing, You're some kind of genius, right? Do you have any spells that would make stabbing people easier?

Talfrey
2008-03-26, 07:54 PM
"Yes I do." answers Bob as he reaches within the sack and withdraws another Kevin Federline, sheathing his blade into his heart he tosses the body aside. "Sadly you're not funny enough to be able to cast any of the spells. Makes me wonder why Dalboz wanted to pair me with you. I wanted that clown guy. I would totally have spent half the time we fought honking his nose..."

Elsewhere...

Vecna reaches out as his steel grinds against Morgan's blade, both had long since ruined their original sabers and had drawn anew. Vecna's hand lands on Morgan's nose, and with a squeeze, he says, "Honk. Right, not that I've gotten that out of the way..."

Tacitus
2008-03-26, 11:06 PM
Kuruk

The centaur stares at the massive blade and steps away as he regains his composure. He looks up to the slaad through tired eyes, "I cannot. Perhaps my, fatigue is, limiting, my strength, but this, ludicrously, oversized weapon, is beyond, my ability, to pick up."

Talfrey
2008-03-26, 11:21 PM
Tacitus

"Well you have to use it if you want me to train you. Who has the strength?" the slaad says cooly.

Tacitus
2008-03-26, 11:28 PM
Kuruk

He slowly shook his head, "I do not, know. I have met, few stronger, than I, at my peak, and even then, I doubt they, could lift, such a, massive blade. Were he here, my Lord, could wield it, as easily as, any other, weapon, but even, with his strength, flowing, through me, I am lacking."

Talfrey
2008-03-26, 11:29 PM
"Where you have faith, you lack nothing." says the Slaad simply.

Tacitus
2008-03-26, 11:35 PM
Kuruk

He narrowed his eyes at the slaad and drew in a long breath, "Faith is, infinitely powerful, but the world, wearies the flesh. I am, a devout warrior, a crusader, who knows, no end. I am not, a conduit, for the limitless power, of The Shining One, but a soldier, that will never, lay down, his blade, as long as, he has, the strength, to lift it."

Solo
2008-03-26, 11:36 PM
"Yes I do." answers Bob as he reaches within the sack and withdraws another Kevin Federline, sheathing his blade into his heart he tosses the body aside. "Sadly you're not funny enough to be able to cast any of the spells. Makes me wonder why Dalboz wanted to pair me with you. I wanted that clown guy. I would totally have spent half the time we fought honking his nose..."

Dalboz never saw this!

Marcus kicks a Kevin Federline out of the way and performs.... INTERPRETIVE DANCE! [roll0]

Talfrey
2008-03-26, 11:59 PM
Kuruk

"Then lift up his blade, and we shall begin." The blade at your feet is your size, and easily held.

Marcus

"Hah, that's nothing!" Bob waves his arms around, and explains to you through innuendo how to cast spells, and their material components and effects, starting from the top with Summon Tentacled Monster VI, and then any spell you shout out for him to attempt.

[roll0]

Tacitus
2008-03-27, 12:59 PM
Kuruk

Still without a great deal of grace the centaur bends his knees and takes a moment to examine the blade. Lifting it from the ground he tests its weight in his hand with a few choice swings before he looks to the slaad, "Where do we, begin?"

Talfrey
2008-03-27, 01:42 PM
Kuruk levels

Solo
2008-03-27, 02:12 PM
Marcus

"Hah, that's nothing!" Bob waves his arms around, and explains to you through innuendo how to cast spells, and their material components and effects, starting from the top with Summon Tentacled Monster VI, and then any spell you shout out for him to attempt.

[roll0]

Amazing, Marcus claps his hands upon seeing the after effects of the Planar Binding of succubi and the Summon Tentacle Monster IX spell.

You must be some kind of genius to be able to do all this.

Talfrey
2008-03-27, 02:17 PM
Marcus levels.

Everyone should have leveled by now, please make final your item choices and PM them to me, also get ready to be posting at least once every single day, assuming a steady rate we should be finished within the next two weeks.

Talfrey
2008-04-03, 06:14 PM
Maireth

An eternity has past in this hell with this madman. The torturous prison you once knew becomes an all too familiar memory as flame and death cross blades again and again, each blow, each spell, each abomination another challenge. There is no rest, there is no stopping, There is simply a tempered anger brearing down on you like a smith's hammer. This crucible will forge you anew, or you will die.

"Summon more quickly child or the dragon will eat you." Malgarath states simply as he watches Maireth, long exposed from the armor of Koreal, dodge blow after blow from the form of a clockwork dragon, summoning with frantic abandon wraiths, which seem to for the most part do nothing to the horrible monstrosity but ice up it's gears for the tiniest moment. He wished he could summon true horrors, but Malgarath has said time and time again that it was not the defeat of the dragon that mattered, but the exercise.

Easy to say for him Maireth thinks as he steps a moment too late and suffers the pain of his foot being shattered. Castings his hands aside the sky above him shreds open into a black portal and from it twines the form of another wraith. He throws forth his hand and all his dead begin to circle the construct like a black cyclone, and moments later, as it's movements slow and gears lurch and shatter, the battle is over.

Maireth lets out a sigh of relief.

"Not bad. Not bad in the least. Expect more battles like this, Amrien will likely be immune to conventional methods of defeat. Now... our time is almost up. I hope you've spent your free time wisely. I also hope you've learned your lesson and know what you need, and what you want." Malgarath grins, then with a hand takes hold of the blade of his sword, and turns the hilt toward Maireth. "For your hard work I will give you a gift, my mightiest possession is the Fire Blade."

------------------------------------------

Morgan

Morgan's blade clashes with that of Vecna, they each pull back and sheath their blades through each other's hearts. A twirl and a side step and their blades pierce through again. Vecna smiles and laughs as they mirror each other's movements.

"You've gotten better Atraxis." Vecna says, knocking aside a blow only to receive the same. "Soon, you'll be able to ma-" A long thing blade protruded from his skull, his head pierced from behind. The form he had just parryed now draws back and buries it's blade in his heart. "Huh"

Vecna draws back, passing incorporeally through the blades "That was good... but it won't kill me."

And then all existence disappears in light as far above in the sky, the floating form of the battle ravaged clown extends it's glowing arms.

"Go Boom"

The world turns white, and then becomes blackness once more. Morgan smiles, this darkness consuming him was familiar. As his eyes adjust, he realizes there is one light left. A spotlight cast upon a chest.

"Looks like Vecna left us a gift" comments Alecto, but as Morgan opens the box the only comment she makes is an excess of laughter.

---------------------------------------

Ferah

Jack stands across from you, his blade at the ready, you only have one of your original kukri's left, your legacy kukri, and it is at the ready in your main hand as Jack comes at you again. You block, you swing, he parries and swings as you dodge, his blade cuts across and you catch it with two blades, and then bring down your main hand to insert your blade into his shoulder. You freeze, struck dumbfounded by amazement. For all the months you've been training with him you've never struck Jack, let alone even draw blood.

"We are done." Jack says, sitting down. "I suggest you leave. Just concentrate and you will. The rewards you seek are best found on one of the dead soldiers outside. I wish I could give you more..."

Jack pauses, and then redraws his blade. lifting it up to you. "Take this. Break it before your kukris and it won't empower them completely, but it will make up for the advancement you should have had if magic had not chosen to interfere... goodbye"

The world goes dark.

Your legacy weapon is fully advanced

-------------------------------------------

Kuruk

Your training... has been different than you expected. You can count on both hands how many times you have actually drawn your blade. Instead, you have been spending your time run running, praying, and pushing yourself to the very limits and extremes of your body, and then continuing well past them... and never sleeping. It was painful for the first few months, but now the two of you have been running for what you guess has been two weeks straight across an open field without stopping, and in all honesty, you've never felt better. The bizarre white slaad paladin has been good company, never acting as a teacher but instead as a compatriot in your journey towards power, and all the while regaling you with stories of his days as an adventurer, later as a merchant and how he made his fortune, and finally as a teacher. He also gave you extensive knowledge of the location of each and every single shrine of importance on the earth.

The sun begins to rise again on this endless plain and far away you see a statue. A beautiful statue of Herioneous, only this one is bizarre in that it is a centaur, with a handsome face and strong energetic eyes. You walk towards the statue, examine it's fine armor, it's beautiful craftman's ship, it's intricacy and detail. Each scar, each hair seems replicated, but the more you look it over, the more you realize that this centaur... is you. It is then you see the proud face of the centaur smile, and find yourself staring down the statue of a world weary and well lived centaur.

"You are remade in his image, and so shall in his name live on. Now you may finally rest, not that you should have the need for it. Our training is done."

---------------------------------------

Marcus

"Alright, now put your hand like this and your other hand like this." Says Bob as he extends his arms above his head.

Marcus emulates.

"And then you shake them like this."

Macrus emulates.

"And that's how you do the Time Warp. Let's do the Time Warp agaaaain." Bob breaks out into song.

"It's just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right
With your hands on your hips
You bring your knees in tight
But it's the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane,
Let's do the Time Warp again!"

Bob stops

"Now for Hadouken training." Bob squats, moves forward, and then rises to standing and punches. "Like that. Only time it better so you do... THIS"

Bob does the same move faster this time only he extends both hands and immense beam of energy erupts from his hands.

"Oh, looks like time is almost up. You should keep practicing."

Solo
2008-04-03, 07:42 PM
Practicing the Hadoken? But doesn't it only work once per day or something?

Marcus decides to use his Eldritch Blasts again.

Ok, now.... Kame.... Hame.... HA!!!

He thrusts both hands out and from each palm bursts forth an Eldritch Blast.

Huh, didn't know I could do that before.

NEO|Phyte
2008-04-03, 10:15 PM
Ferah

The training was over. It was time for the REAL fight to begin. Taking a (relatively) short amount of time to prepare herself for a fight against an army, Ferah drew her weapons, and concentrated.

5 minutes (training land time) to set readied maneuvers, plus a swift action to enter Blood in the Water and Supreme Blade Parry stances.

Karsh
2008-04-03, 11:03 PM
Morgan Atraxis

Morgan looked inside the chest and remained silent for quite some time. Then, slowly, he chuckled. A single chuckle. And then another. The chuckling grew louder and louder until Morgan was laughing a full belly laugh, scarcely able to inhale. Tears streaming down his face, he throws his head back, his laughs echoing aimlessly through the darkness.

After what seemed like an eternity of laughing, Morgan removed what little was left of his old armor. He reached into the chest, and got dressed.

Zweanslord
2008-04-04, 03:21 AM
Korael

As the training went on, Korael has changed. Not just in the mind, as he has gained more skills, experience and capabilities, but also in the body. This change has been that which he had driven for. If he was not capable of true redemption, of escaping Hell by means of virtue, he would have to take fate into his own hands and prevent both Hell and Heaven. He had not fully prevented it, but he was closer than ever. No longer did nature claim his life.

Yet, this was not the only change. Over the time of training, Korael had accepted something. Something lurking within him. He now accepted his goals, what drove him. All he wanted was to survive - forever. To achieve that goal, he would need to defeat Amrien, lest he erase himself and any other from reality. He had trained vigorously, had been shaped a new under a strong hammer.

When he was offered the fire blade, Korael frowned. It reminded him of the day he wielded a blade he was not proficient with and had turned into a strange creature. Black energy streamed to him to restore the vitality of his body and an small creature flapped its wings before resting them and setting on Korael's shoulder. A small imp, who had now given in to Korael and had become his true servant. Yet, it still tried to urge its own will some times and seemed ready to flap towards the blade. Korael stopped him with his mind and then looked at Malgarath.

"You say you hope I learned my lesson wisely about what I want and need. I know what I want: To defeat Amrien so that I may live on. I also know what I need, and it is not a blade wrought of fire. I have trained here, and my weapons are my fists and my touch. A blade I am not proficient with would not aid me in battle. Keep it."

Talfrey
2008-04-08, 01:32 AM
"Good." replies Malgarath, smiling broadly. He reaches into his robes and withdraws an pure ebony ring. He holds it out to you and drops it into your hand, "A much more suitable gift. While I'm at it..." Malgarath taps your armor and it's battle scoring is gone, and you can feel it pulse with new arcane energies.

"Oh, and take this." he says, tossing you a femur shaped wand.

---------------

Outside

Ferah was the first to head outside, and was pleased to find the corpse of her "rival" lying stilled in the dirt. His weapons and armor still intact, it was fitted as though meant for her, clearly enchanted, and the set of three additional legendary weapons was an enjoyable find.

Marcus followed, tumbled out of the orb as Bob became bored with his dancing. He met Ferah and surveyed the world they had not seen for the better part of a year. It was as though nothing had changed.

Although not much really can in the course of an hour.

Next came a brightly dressed clown and Maireth, his armor torn apart and rebound, stitched with bone and demonflesh, his face bound and hidden behind the visage of the skull of a long dead Demon Lord, an old servant of the original Malgarath.

Beige stumbles forward into the room, and pants. "Malgarath!!" he manages before stumbling over into unconsciousness. He won't be down for long you see as his wounds close, but the rumbling outside is rather pressing.

Tacitus
2008-04-08, 10:10 AM
Kuruk

Standing tall the restless warrior reared back onto his hind legs and stretched out fully with several joints emitting loud pops as he worked months of continuous motion from his muscles. He found, however, that his body held a new sort of strength burned within him above and beyond the font of divine power that carried him through his endless task. His front hooves impacted the ground with a considerable amount of force before he turned to his traveling companion, "Your wisdom has been limitless and you guidance invaluable, to the point where I have no means by which to offer recompense. All I can do is complete the daunting task set before me"

NEO|Phyte
2008-04-08, 01:32 PM
Ferah

The sight of her dead "rival" was a pleasing one to return to, though it DID mean she wouldn't be able to get a rematch of their first fight. At least he had the courtesy to die somewhere that allowed for easy looting of his gear. The armor in particular was interesting, as it didn't seem to fit him well at all. She just got finished removing it from the corpse when Marcus arrived.
"I don't suppose your training made you a bit more serious?"

So, going by what he was wielding back when we fought him, the three weapons are Tiger Fang, correct? I'll need a touch more information on the armor other than its existence, its made to fit me, and its magicalness (though I'm kinda guessing I know what it is)

Karsh
2008-04-08, 11:39 PM
Morgan Atraxis

Morgan stepped from the portal, dressed in a brightly colored full-body suit, half yellow and half red, with blue polka-dots and big fuzzy pom-pom buttons, and a pointed hat with three fuzzy blue pom-poms attached to it. His red hair stuck out in their original cones on either side of his head, and his bulbous red nose and red skin around his mouth gave him a permanent, grotesque smile. His eyes, however, were incredibly unsettling. The white pupils had been stained a dark black by corruption, the veins and capillaries surrounding them tainted black, leaving only a solitary, thin red ring in each eye as an iris.

He still hovered above the ground, his massively oversized red shoes flopping awkwardly as he moved unimpeded.

Drawing his hand through the air, a balloon appeared and rapidly filled with air. He repeated this gesture several times, tying off each balloon as they filled. He then rapidly began twisting and contorting the balloons together into the shape of a chair, which he set on the ground and casually sat down upon.

"So."

[roll0]

Zweanslord
2008-04-09, 01:58 PM
Korael

When Korael appeared in the view of the others, he was definitely different. He had not just undergone mental changes or gained additional skill, his whole figure had changed. As he stood amidst the others, he was taller than before and taller than anybody else. Standing about as high as a Goliath, he looked down upon each of the group. And he looked down with something peculiar.. Korael's face was without helmet and thus without cover. His face was very alike to what it had been before he had donned the helmet of his armour before: His skin was red, he had long red hair that now waved in the wind, on his slender head sat two long horns curving over his head, while his ears were long and slender as well, making his face look remarkably like an elf were it not for the red skin, the horns and the three glowing red eyes. Indeed, now Korael no longer had two eyes, but a third which rested in his forehead. This one was as equally glowing red as the others and as equally piercing as it laid gaze upon the same as the other eyes did.

Besides his increased length and third eye, there was another peculiar difference. Korael's arms seemed to have elongated and not just because he became taller. They reached to his knees and were shrouded in long red sleeves. Once again, Korael was donning a red robe, though this one seemed to be constructed to not limit movement at all. The length below was not very tall and it was obvious Korael was wearing dark crimson pants as well. Further, it gave room to the two long red demonic wings which Korael now carried on his back, which were intimidating in their own right as they were completely unfolded for now. Korael did fold them against his body swiftly and the wings seemed to match the colour of the robe. And while his robe would not restrict any movement, it did steal part of the air the armour had given Korael. No longer was Korael a fierce Black Knight, but this time around he was what seemed at a first glance to be a spellcaster once more. Armed with no weapon, lacking armour, Korael seemed to have discarded the armoured image of a brutal dictator, instead taking on the intimidating figure of one who can unleash hellish spells and doom at any time.

As he stepped further, standing tall above the others and piercing through people's souls with a stare that was beyond frightening, his stance and walk seemed to differ as well. It seemed more noble, more gracious and more agile. In general, this seemed to apply to the whole of his outlook, to the whole of his appearance. When Korael wove a spell, his movements seemed quick, calculated, gracious and dextrous. When he finished the spell, from the shadow that Korael casts on the ground there emerged another shadow. A creature made out of shadow. Korael did not even seem to speak to give the shadow an order, for it already flew away to any battle fields that might be occurring.. The task of the shadow was simple. Find a few weak enemy victims, kill them and create a new shadows and bring said shadows to Korael. Then, Koreal would gain control over those shadows, who would be dispersed to aid the battle and create an army of shadows under Korael's command.

With that done, Korael turns towards his companions, looking down upon them due to his increased height. His mouth does not open, yet you each hear his voice. The strong and confident voice echoes through you, until you realise it might just indeed be a voice that only speaks within you. "We have trained and learned new abilities, new skills. It is now time to prove those newfound powers against our foe. I hope you are ready, for it is this day that will decide the fate of what lies ahead. I am ready and I know this: We will beat our foes, without a doubt. To think otherwise will only hamper you in combat." With that having rung through each of their minds, Korael looks towards where the rumbling comes from.

---

If anything with a high intelligence approaches within 100ft, Korael will pass through the following message. "It seems Malgarath is coming. Prepare yourselves." And Korael seems prepared himself, though in an odd way. He stands there in a position with optimal reach, fierce and straight, gazing towards the presence of Malgarath while he holds his hands against each other before his chest, focusing with his narrow eyes towards the direction of the presence coming.

Talfrey
2008-04-09, 02:32 PM
The remainders of the roofless well erupt in a storm of stone as the entirely too large form of an all too familiar Red Dragon emerges. Malgarath's eyes are bloodshot, and his breath reeks of "dragon rage" a drug you know to incite madness in Draconic entities. You'll never forget that smell, ever since that one time Rittilin the spastic bronze dragon accidentally ate some that one year.

It must have taken a month to get the smell out.

"Hello students, I believe I've mentioned once about how this room was off limits. How many times have I said that? More times than I can count. How dare you break my rules. Only one thing for it, all of you are going to have to die." With that, he lets loose an eruption of fiery hell.

Reflex Saves or BE ENGULFED BY THE FIERY FLAMES OF HELL!!!
Yes I realize Fiery Flames is redundant.

Also roll initiative (Note: Malgarath is in a surprise round cause he just burst through a wall and jumped you.)

Zweanslord
2008-04-09, 03:04 PM
Korael

Before their foe had entered, Korael's eyes were already in the direction of his figure. He had not been caught unaware as Malgarath entered and made his tirade in addition to the fire unleashed. Korael knew what to do as he stood there, seemingly unmoving, as he faced the fire rolling towards him.

Reflex Save: [roll0]
Initiative: [roll1]

NEO|Phyte
2008-04-09, 03:46 PM
Ferah

While Malgarath's appearance was rather sudden, Ferah's prior training included always being prepared for the unexpected. When the blast of fire came, Ferah moved quickly to minimize its effect.
"We are students no longer."

[roll0] [roll1]
Still waiting on answer regarding looted items question.

Talfrey
2008-04-09, 10:31 PM
Oops, missed the spoiler.

A: Yes, the leather armor fits and and is both magical and awesome looking and rangerey. The three other weapons are unreleased Tiger Fangs, which you can level up without ritual if you break the weapon you were given.

Talfrey
2008-04-13, 03:01 PM
DC: 40 Damage: [roll0]

Since the others haven't posted, I'll assume they made epic aid another checks for dodging and that Koreal and Ferah both succeed their saves somehow.

Everyone else gets turned crispy.

------------------------

Malgarath chuckles.

"Are you truly believing that you are ready to face me?" Malgarath chuckles more, and then as his eyes begin to roll wildly, keels over in laughter.

Now might be a good time to regroup.

Zweanslord
2008-04-13, 03:48 PM
Korael

Korael thought that he would be scarred by the fatal fire as he had noticed how awkward he had actually stood. However, instead, he saw that some of his companions had taken the blow for him, allowing him to remain unharmed in his evasive stance. With not even a single mark of fire on him, Korael then stretched out his hands and began to weave a spell.. the coldest spell available in his arsenal to deal with this kind of fire, while activating the power s of his ring. When done weaving, his glows with an eerie blackblue glow and he strikes down with his long arms, reaching besides the others to strike at their opponent. As he does so, his stance is intimidating, steady and ready to defy Malgarath.

Casting defensively - automatic success.
To hit: [roll0]
Intimidating Strike - [roll1] vs 1d20+HD+wis bonus or be shaken.
Maximised Shivering Touch - 18 Dexterity Damage

Tacitus
2008-04-13, 11:16 PM
Kuruk

The centaur had emerged from the sphere straight into a maelstrom of fire and unearthly malice. The fire seared hair from his flank but with a furious release of divine light and a terrible roar his wounds seal. Spinning his massive longsword in one hand he charged forward streaming flashes of divine might. Rushing in he swing the blade in an attempt to gut the foe.

When ye get time, I need more details on my item. Ye said you were going to make it suitably epic, but didn't get back to me.
Fire Damage: 145 from Fire Resist 10
HP: 117/262
Swift Action for a Heal spell CL 17
HP: 262/262
Free Action: Double Strength Magic Circle against Evil
20ft emanation, +4 Deflection to AC, +4 Resist to Saves
Lesser Globe of Invulnerability centered around Kuruk.
Activate Aura of Courage, everyone within 30ft is immune to fear and gets +3 Morale to attack rolls.
Initiative: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1] (37, 2 Mighty Smiting, 2 Charge, 5 Smite)
Damage: [roll2] (normal) +62 (smite, only evil) +[roll3] (holy, only evil) +[roll4] (Holy Touch, +1 if outsider, only evil) +[roll5] (Holy Strike) [112 against evil, 37 otherwise]
Charging Smite 4/5 left this encounter only if it hits, activate one Holy Strike, 4/5 left this encounter.

NEO|Phyte
2008-04-14, 01:04 PM
Ferah

Ferah was able to fully evade the blast of fire with the aid of her companions, and it seems as though her statement had a better than desired effect on Malgarath. Grabbing the harness with the three Tiger Fangs in one hand, she drew her legacy kukri with another, then brought out Jack's sword with the third, using her remaining hand to apply the force needed to break it.

Move action to grab the Fangs, Quick Draw the other weapons, and if I can do so with a standard action, I've got the sword broken this round. I'll throw in my swift action for good measure. <_<

Karsh
2008-04-14, 08:08 PM
Morgan Atraxis

As Malgarath breathed out fiery doom, Morgan's contingency triggered and he quickly accelerated to thousands of times the speed of anything else, which he used to buttress himself with a shield of time, warping both time and space around himself as the fire passed over his body, leaving him unscathed.

Rapidly drawing a sparkling golden balloon from the air, Morgan filled it with air and rapidly contorted the balloon into the shape of a sword, which he pointed at Malgarath. A storm of corrupted psionic energy whirls around him as the balloon takes on an even more radiant sheen.

[roll0]
Contingent Temporal Acceleration, manifesting Timeless Body for 17 PP. Then drawing Balloon Sword and manifesting an Overchanneled Psionic Keen Edge for 5 PP that lasts 420 minutes at ML 42, expending psionic focus via Talented to eliminate damage.

Solo
2008-04-15, 09:58 PM
I fear not the fiery flames, for I forfend for fivefold your firepower!

Marcus shouts out above the carnage, hair and clothing singed, eyebrows slightly aflame.

He drew upon the power of love, compassion and friendship, gathering up the energy in his hands, then twising and perverting it to his destructive ends.

HADOKEN!

[roll0]

Talfrey
2008-04-17, 01:15 PM
Malgarath shrieks and coils backwards as the blade cuts deep into his flesh and a single touch sends him fumbling and awkward.

"Cowardly creatures!" he shouts, leaping skywards, his wings opening, when a soft glow begins to emanate from the ground, and the word "HADOKEN" echoes across the battle. A blazing light of searing blue energy erupts from the group and tears directly through Malgarath's body. The dragon cries out in agony and with rushed flapping, drives himself high into the sky above before turning his gaze back downwards.

NEO|Phyte
2008-04-17, 07:48 PM
Ferah

Ferah would be smiling, if such were possible. Cowards? HE was the one running away. He probably thought he was safe up there, far beyond the reach of any normal weapon.

Of course, one of Ferah's weapons was FAR from normal. She had seen an opening when he was still on the ground, and her aim was good enough to take it, even from this distance. With a mighty swing, she sent her weapon whirling through the air at Malgarath.

Swift action to activate Blood Rain (subsuming Supreme Blade Parry), followed by a Strike of Perfect Clarity, aimed at our dear draconic friend up in the sky. Assuming I can see him, he's within range of my Legacy weapon, and my weapon returns quick enough for it to already be back in my hand before I end my turn.

[roll0] (any miss chances negated through Seeking) [roll1]
Critical confirm/damage (51/118) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1568786/)
Additionally, if the attack hits, Malgarath takes 3 damage from blood loss at the start of my turn every round until he receives magical healing, a DC 15 heal check, or I end the Blood Rain stance.

Karsh
2008-04-17, 11:42 PM
Morgan Atraxis

Letting out another deranged peal of laughter, Morgan waves a hand and a warped mirror appears in front of him. He steps into it, and the mirror shatters into millions of pieces. The glass shards stream upwards before rapidly reforming into the mirror once more atop Malgarath's back. The still-present reflection of Morgan steps out, holding onto the dragon with one hand, the other still clutching the balloon sword.

Manifesting Timless Body for 17 PP as a standard action and then manifesting Psionic Dimension Door as a move action for 13 PP.

EDIT: Changed second chance to something much more practical.

Zweanslord
2008-04-18, 02:23 AM
Korael

While Korael does have wings on his back, they are no match for the speed a dragon can obtain. He shakes his head as he hears Malgarath speaking to them as cowardly creatures. Still, he stretches his wings widely and uses them to lift in the air. He flies sixty feet after Malgarath, where he halts to ready an action in case Malgarath does return for them. He watches as Atraxis takes in persuit and Korael wonders what he will do on top of the dragon. It seems dangerous to be in that place, where the dragon has access to all his attacks and Atraxis no access to his allies.

Solo
2008-04-18, 07:04 AM
Marcus takes two steps and leaps up into the air, before remembering that he can't fly and crashing back down to earth.

Suck it, Malgarath! Suck it!

He fires off two 500 ft reach Eldritch Spear Utterdark Blasts (Eldritch Sculptor ability.)

1: [roll0], [roll1]

2: [roll2], [roll3]

DC 29 fort save per Utterdark Blast or get 2 negative levels.

Too late, he realizes that using the Hadoken costs him all his magic for the next few rounds....

Talfrey
2008-04-20, 07:07 PM
As the blade carves his flesh and the attacks sear his hide, Malgarath roars in his madness in the skies far above, and then begins to cast spells. With guttural mutterings and outstretched claws, a demon appears in the skies above and descends screaming downwards to consume your lives.

Weird (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/weird.htm)

DC: 32

Tacitus
2008-04-20, 07:38 PM
Kuruk

The centaur stares up at the impending assault and steels himself against the oncoming destruction. However, something within him radiates outwards and even as the demon strives to consume their life force a ripple of gold light pulses out from the saint. The Weird was built of fear, and not only was the paladin immune to fear, but he granted the same immunity to all within thirty feet. Even if he can't resist the fear he is immune to instant death effects, the damage is minimal, and his divine power eliminates damage to his strength.

Edit: ((Oh, and everyone within 20ft of Kuruk gets +4 Resistance to saves as per a double strength Magic Circle Against Evil))

Solo
2008-04-20, 07:49 PM
As the blade carves his flesh and the attacks sear his hide, Malgarath roars in his madness in the skies far above, and then begins to cast spells. With guttural mutterings and outstretched claws, a demon appears in the skies above and descends screaming downwards to consume your lives.

Weird (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/weird.htm)

DC: 32

Will Save: [roll0]
Fort Save: [roll1]

Gack!

Karsh
2008-04-20, 09:37 PM
Morgan Atraxis

As Malgarath begins casting his spell, Morgan draws back his sword and swings. The balloon sword emits an eerie screeching noise mixed with a haunting calliope as it strikes Malgarath's back, culminating in a pathetically comic squeaking noise from the balloon.

Battle Mastery: INT to attacks/damage on AoOs

[roll0]
[roll1]

EDIT: Critical Confirmation (1d20 40=58, 1d2 27=29) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1571914/)

EDIT2: Critical Critical Confirmation Confirmation (1d20 40=50) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1571915/)

NEO|Phyte
2008-04-21, 12:05 AM
Ferah

The demonic thing came screeching down, but although its appearance was most horrific, Ferah stood unafraid, letting it reach out a finger and touch her to no effect.

[roll0] [roll1] :edit: sucky rolls are SUCK.
Rolls are including the bonus Tacitus mentioned, although it sounds like he also makes us plain immune to the effect from his post.
If my armor has anything useful for this situation, I'm not aware of it.

And for the record, I have no clue what would make an effective 'worst fear ever' creature, other than probably something cold-themed, given that the thri-kreen's idea of hell is pretty much a place where its really cold.

@v Yay immune to fear ^_^

Tacitus
2008-04-21, 12:15 AM
>.> I only felt stupid afterwards.

[17:30] Tac: Wierd is a Fear Effect, and everyone on the ground is immune to fear effects...
[17:31] Tac: Well, everyone within 30ft of Kuruk
[18:09] HollowTalfrey: Oops
[18:09] HollowTalfrey: Oh wait!
[18:09] HollowTalfrey: Malgarath doesn't realize that!
[18:09] Tac: *shrug*
[18:09] HollowTalfrey: =P
[18:09] HollowTalfrey: I'm sticking with that

Solo
2008-04-21, 12:25 AM
(So I pass the fort save after all...)

Marcus falls to the ground spasming in the throes of death... then suddenly gets up again.

Right. Now that we have that settled....

[roll0]

Talfrey
2008-04-21, 02:28 AM
As the seemingly pathetic balloon sword finds it's mark on the dragon's neck, the dragon suddenly freezes in mid air, and it's head begins to shake violently. With a cough and sputter, a whine fills the air and it's head begins to swell. Within moment's it has become immense and translucently thin, and yet it still swells.

It takes no more than a moment more for a warm "pop" to resound in the sky above and the rest of the dragon's form to come hurtling downwards, landing on the ground with a wet "thrunch", spasming, and then lying still.

Chris appears out from behind some ruins holding a set of glowing energy balls. His cloths are gone, replaces by loose but fitting gray cloth battle gear. His hair is gray, as are his eyes, and he wears a long fluttering gray scarf.

"Woah" is his sole reaction to the dead dragon.

Zweanslord
2008-04-21, 02:58 AM
Korael

Seeing how the dragon is defeated and its dead body swirls down to earth, Korael, still floating in the air, quickly moves in pursuit of the corpse. When he reaches the corpse, he hovers above it and gathers that which he requires, using it to cast a spell after he descends to the corpse. With some incantations and a touch, Korael casts Animate Dead on the corpse, intent on animating a skeletal dragon from the remains.

Karsh
2008-04-21, 01:10 PM
Morgan Atraxis

Morgan fixes his conical hat matter-of-factly as the dragon falls out from underneath him, levitating in place as the dragon falls. He produces a small pin and pops his balloon sword, causing the balloon to splutter about in the air before disappearing behind his back. He takes a moment to regain his psionic focus, and then begins slowly descending as if he were in an elevator.

Solo
2008-04-21, 01:53 PM
That was... Well done.

Talfrey
2008-04-23, 12:35 AM
The headless corpse suddenly rises to it's legs, albeit in a wobbly fashion, and then begins to flap wildly, and with much effort and an extraordinary awkward gate, it finally tears itself from off the ground.

Solo
2008-04-23, 12:47 AM
That was..... oddly done.

Talfrey
2008-04-27, 11:41 PM
Chris looks around the dead bodies, a slight frown on his face set below a pair of wide eyes filled with surprise that were still locked on the unlikely flying form of the headless dragon. Without a word, or even for that matter a glance, he lets fly a glowing ball towards each member of the group and then takes a look around at the battlefield. Those that are not dead appear to be gone, and by the looks of it you can probably count the number of living on a single hand assuming you had the standard number of digits and judging by the shear number of corpses that surround you.

"So it's about now that Amrie-"

The sky tears itself open like a black maw and from the eternal abyss of the darkness above begins to descend the radiantly dark figure of an entity so enshrouded by the corruption that you can taste his darkness on the very wind.

"Yeah, that would be him."

Amrien peels away the darkness for a moment so you can make out a maniacal grin and wide cackling eyes. A green figure rises from the battle field, an ember of emerald flame, it lurches towards you.

"You... tricked me." comes the voice, as it reaches down, scooping up an axe that could easily be held in both hands by a giant. "You... are not him... you are a lie... you... will DIE!!!"

Rikti begins to charge forward, screaming and frothing as he swings wildly.

Chris extends the blades from his arms, and readies himself for combat. "Don't worry about Amrien, he'll wait till Rikti's done to fight us. Oh, and fair warning, don't let Rikti hit you."

Combat Initiative

Rikti
[roll0]

Chris
[roll1]

NEO|Phyte
2008-04-28, 11:11 PM
Ferah

Ferah did not hesitate, throwing her kukris far faster than what seemed physically possible, given the distance they needed to travel to strike their target. Her arms were in constant motion, catching her weapons as they returned and sending them back at their target, positioning each strike to compound upon each other, causing damage far beyond what the blows themselves would normally cause.

[roll0]

Were Chris's glowing ball things anything special?

Anyway, my actions for round one include a literal bucket of rolls. I really hope the forums are up to making all of them. If not, expect a bunch of Invisible Castle links to be edited in. Some links will probably be edited in anyway, because with this many attacks, there had BETTER be at least one threat.

Swift action to initiate Girallon Windmill Flesh Rip, then Full-round action for Time Stands Still, and the two full-attacks that entails.

For the sake of keeping track of stuff, I'm rolling all the attacks in the first full attack, then the next set of rolls is the damage for those attacks. Then the process is repeated. I've labeled the rolls so we can match attacks to damage.

Any and all confirmed criticals (even if the target is immune to critical hits) triggers Blood in the Water for a stacking +1 to attack and damage, effective for all attacks after the critical. Feedback on how many crits I land is handy so I know what my current BitW modifier is, so I can factor it into my rolls.
[roll1] Crit Confirm (49) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1581082/) [roll2] [roll3] [roll4]
[roll5] [roll6] [roll7]
[roll8] [roll9] [roll10]
[roll11] [roll12] Crit Confirm (nat20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1581082/) [roll13]

[roll14] Crit Damage (60) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1581082/) [roll15] [roll16] [roll17]
[roll18] [roll19] [roll20]
[roll21] [roll22] [roll23]
[roll24] [roll25] Crit Damage (12) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1581082/) [roll26]

[roll27] [roll28] [roll29] Crit Confirm (41) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1581082/) [roll30]
[roll31] [roll32] [roll33]
[roll34] [roll35] [roll36]
[roll37] [roll38] Crit Confirm (44) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1581082/) [roll39]

[roll40] [roll41] [roll42] Crit Damage (12) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1581082/) [roll43]
[roll44] [roll45] [roll46]
[roll47] [roll48] [roll49]
[roll50] [roll51] Crit Damage (12) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1581082/) [roll52]

Depending on how many attacks hit, there's also some Rend damage that gets applied after the main attacks are done. starts at 8d6 if two attacks hit, scales 2d6 per additional hit, capping at 20d6 for 8 or more hits.
[roll53]
[roll54]
[roll55]
[roll56]
[roll57]
[roll58]
[roll59]

Solo
2008-04-28, 11:32 PM
Initiative:[roll0]

Marcus shifts uneasily, looking about for cover.

I'm not sure if my magic is back yet. I'm going to try and recharge ASAP.

Zweanslord
2008-04-29, 05:29 AM
Korael

Initiative: [roll0]

As Rikti charges, Korael orders his skeletal dragon to attack. The headless dragon starts to move from his position and soon charge Rikti swiftly to unleash a barrage of attacks. Furthermore, from the ground, the shadow Korael earlier summoned appears and attacks Rikti. Meanwhile Korael flies up at the height of the dragon and strikes out with his arms at long range, staying out of the reach of Rikti so Rikti can not hit him.

Korael

Touch Attack: [roll1], Damage [roll2], Fort save 34 or be permanently paralysed. Intimidation: [roll3] or be shaken.

[If Rikti gets paralysed, the dragon and shadow will attack Amrien instead.]

Dragon

Claw1, Attack [roll4], Damage [roll5]
Claw2, Attack [roll6], Damage [roll7]
Wing1, Attack [roll8], Damage [roll9]
Wing2, Attack [roll10], Damage [roll11]
Tail Slap, Attack [roll12], Damage [roll13]

Shadow

Touch Attack [roll14], Str damage [roll15]

Karsh
2008-04-29, 11:28 PM
Morgan Atraxis

Morgan produces a large, red stop sign from the air and yells "STOOOOOP!"

As time slows to a crawl, Morgan's body ripples with corruption as his mind divides and expands, resulting in a euphoric rush of understanding.

A slew of psionic powers are manifested, and he returns to the normal time frame, several tangible fields of psionic power now surrounding him.

Manifest 3 PP Concealing Amorpha, then as a swift action manifesting a 19 PP Temporal Acceleration for 3 rounds of apparent time. Actions are as follows:
Round 1:
Standard Action 1: Overclocking, burning 17 corruption points for double actions granted and a +7 to INT, resulting in 40 temporary PP which can be manifested at ML 22.
Standard Action 2: Manifesting a 9 PP Second Chance at ML 22
[roll0] [roll1]
Round 2:
Standard Action 1: Manifesting Psionic True Seeing, 9 PP
Standard Action 2: Manifesting 44 PP Vigor for 220 temporary HP (Expending Psionic Focus to power Talented and negate damage)
[roll2] [roll3]
Round 3:
Standard Action 1: Manifesting Power Resistance (9 PP from bonus Overclock PP), Improved Overchanneled to ML 44 [roll4]
Full Round Action 2: Regain Psionic Focus
[roll5] - Expending 1 PP to gain +4 resistance to saves, so this is a success [roll6]

[roll7]

Current Buffs:
Keen Edge
Second Chance (Reroll 1/round)
Power Resistance 56
True Seeing
33 Temporary HP
20% Miss Chance

Total PP Expended (not counting Overclock PP): 54

Talfrey
2008-05-01, 09:46 PM
Blades and attacks fly as you attack Rikti with any means available to you, It's not difficult to hit the raging beast, and you find it surprisingly easy to carve him apart.

But he thunders forward, closing impossible distances in an instant and swinging his sword with equally impossible speed.

"DIE AND SUFFER!" comes his call as he descends upon the one who hit him the most, Ferah.

Rikti Attacks!
to hit
[roll0]
damage
[roll1]

Note: Please make saves for massive damage

Talfrey
2008-05-01, 10:04 PM
Chris

Chris grunts as he steps back, disappearing and appearing once more far away in an instant. He makes a series of motions, and then stands still, holding back one hand, apparently staying out of this fight.

Solo
2008-05-01, 10:07 PM
(How many more rounds is it until I get my mojo?)

NEO|Phyte
2008-05-01, 11:32 PM
Ferah

The blow was a formidable one, quite certainly the strongest she had ever felt. Hopefully it was the last such blow, because she was quite certain that another one would be the end of her. This fight would not last long if he continued attacking her. Drawing into her bottommost reserves of strength, Ferah leaped at Rikti, using three of her arms to hold on for as long as she could while the fourth slashed into his face and neck with reckless abandon, seeking a deathblow to end the fight in her favor. Should the deathblow not be found, she was ready to propel herself back away, hopefully for someone else to become the target of Rikti's attacks.

Save vs Massive Damage (20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1584647/) Barring any houserules I have forgotten about since the game started, this passes the DC 15 fort save for massive damage. Having said that, another attack like that will put me six feet under.

For my actions for the round, free action to trigger Rage, free action to trigger Shifting, then full-round action for a Feral Death Blow on Rikti, and, assuming he survives, a swift action to Sudden Leap [roll0] feet away from him. If my attack DOES kill Rikti, my swift action will instead be to activate my weapon's Battle Fever, healing [roll1] HP.

Feral Death Blow:
[roll2] If this check exceeds his AC (which I'm guessing it does), he is flatfooted against this attack:
[roll3] [roll4] Crit Confirm/damage (59/77) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1584678/)
If this attack deals damage to him, he gets to make a DC 25 fort save or die. If he makes the save (or is immune to critical hits), the attack deals [roll5] extra damage.

Rage will last for 7 rounds, Shifting for 9

Zweanslord
2008-05-02, 02:32 AM
Koreal

As the dragon attacks Rikti, Koreal uses the opportunity to hit Rikti again, and he does so again too when Rikti provides another opportunity as he charges towards Ferah. The dragon and shadow make likewise use of the opportunity.

Touch Attack: [roll0], Damage [roll1], Fort save 34 or be permanently paralysed.
Attack: [roll2], Damage: [roll3]
Attack: [roll4], Damage: [roll5]
Attack: [roll6], Damage: [roll7]

Dragon Tail Slap: [roll8], Damage: [roll9]

Shadow Touch Attack: [roll10], Str Damage: [roll11]

After that, Koreal and his minions attack Rikti once more, making sure there is lots of flanking. If he is disabled at any point, the target shifts to Amrien.

Koreal casts Chill Touch and attacks again.
Touch Attack: [roll12], Damage: [roll13], Fort save 20 or 1 str damage

Touch Attack: [roll14], Damage: [roll15], Fort save 34 or be permanently paralysed.
Touch Attack: [roll16], Damage: [roll17], Will save 34 for half damage, Fort save 34 or be permanently paralysed.

Dragon

Claw1, Attack: [roll18], Damage: [roll19]
Claw2, Attack: [roll20], Damage: [roll21]
Wing1, Attack: [roll22], Damage: [roll23], Crit Confirm/Damage: 55/17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1584751/)
Wing2, Attack: [roll24], Damage: [roll25]
Tail Slap, Attack: [roll26], Damage: [roll27]

Shadow

Touch Attack: [roll28], Damage: [roll29]

Karsh
2008-05-09, 08:56 PM
Morgan Atraxis

Morgan halts time once more, taking the opportunity to move into position and manifest Psionic Moment of Prescience before rapidly assembling a balloon double of himself made of the same type of shimmering balloon as the sword he wielded.

Then, both forms unleashed a flurry of blows, making funny "bap" noises each time the sword struck.

Manifesting an 11 PP Temporal Acceleration, moving to flank Rikti with Ferah and manifesting a Psionic MoP for 13 PP. Then initiating Time Stands Still as a full action:

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]
[roll8] [roll9]
[roll10] [roll11]
[roll12] [roll13]
[roll14] [roll15]

Crit Confirmations (1d20 42=53, 1d2 27=29, 1d20 22=40, 1d2 27=28, 1d20 17=33, 1d2 27=29, 1d20 17=19, 1d2 27=28) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1592202/)

EDIT: Erm, 22 should be 32 and 17 should be 27, so add 10 to the respective rolls.

((Sorry for the delay; was busy moving home for the summer))

Talfrey
2008-05-10, 01:21 PM
No worries Karsh!

Edit: Err... I meant...

Rikti lets out an unearthly howl, his cry of pain echoing epically across the field of battle, his green flames grow higher and hotter, until at once he is snuffed out like the flicker of a candle. In his place lies the scorched form of what was once a noble Maacain, now it is the twisted and mutant black carcass of a beast to which no world could give home.

Amrien steps forward, and at once you feel your will swayed, be it magic or mere presence, you are pusehd away, as Amrien steps close to Rikti's dead body. With an arm as twisted as the corpse, he reaches down and clutches the thing's skull, with a glance of pity, he raises it to his face, looking into the empty eyes.

"So this is my fate should I fail..." Amrien says, his voice steady, emotionless. His face is blank, weathered, more than he ever was at the academy, the wrinkles mostly gone, the smile lines washed away by an unholy youth. Slowly he stands, wheeling about on one foot, the skull easily severing itself from the body. Raising it forward, he directs both his own gaze and the empty gaze of Rikti's skull at Karsh, and then blew him out of existence instantly because he missed the level jump, and then turned to Morgan, "This is your fate you know, you've already gone too far to come back, the corruption can only continue. Soon you and all your games will mean nothing and the darkness will consume your soul. I ask you, have any of you yet figured out who 'Him' is? There have been very few clues on your path, in fact I think the chances of your knowing are about as good as that of you defeating me... So I ask again..."

He pauses, taking a deep breath.

"Do you know who 'HE' is?"

Guess correctly and your team gets a +5 moral bonus for the fight, and believe me, it's guessing. Also, only one guess per player please.

Zweanslord
2008-05-10, 02:15 PM
Korael

Koreal looks at how Amrien looks at Rikti. The death of Rikti seems to have zero effect on Koreal. However, the effect may be invisible, there is no way to tell. Koreal did not know the answer to the question, she he made a guess. "You?" He waited for the others to guess fefore initiating his attack versus the enemy.

First round of actions vs Amrien

Koreal

Koreal casts Quickened Maximised Empowered Energy Drain at Amrien. 10 (8 max + 1/2*4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1592605/) ) Negative levels.

First attack is an intimidating strike: [roll0] or be shaken.

Koreal casts Maximised Empowered Shivering Touch.

Touch Attack: [roll1], Damage: [roll2], 21 dex damage (18 max + 1/2* 7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1592609/)) dex damage. Fort save 20 or 1 str damage.
Touch Attack: [roll3], Damage: [roll4] Fort save 20 or 1 str damage
Touch Attack: [roll5], Damage: [roll6] Fort save 20 or 1 str damage

The following attacks Koreal makes too:

Touch Attack: [roll7], Damage: [roll8]+[roll9] 2 negative levels. Fort save 20 or 1 str damage, Fort save 34 or be permanently paralysed.
Touch Attack: [roll10], Damage: [roll11]+[roll12] Fort save 20 or 1 str damage, Fort save 34 or be permanently paralysed, Will save 34 to half the 1d8+5 damage.
Touch Attack: [roll13], Damage: [roll14] Fort save 20 or 1 str damage
Touch Attack: [roll15], Damage: [roll16] Fort save 20 or 1 str damage

Shadow

Touch Attack: [roll17], Strength Damage: [roll18]

Dragon:

Due to a telepathic command of Koreal, the dragon does the following action. It jumps in the air and then on Amrien, crushing him. Reflex DC 32 or be pinned (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#pinned) for 1 round.

Oh, and frightfull presence: Will save 38. If Amrien was shaken from Koreal's intimidating, he is now frightened for 14 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1592595/) rounds.

Karsh
2008-05-10, 03:34 PM
Morgan Atraxis

"I have never cared. If you want the answer, though..."

A haunting calliope plays in the minds of those standing near Morgan for an instant, and the answer constructs itself in his mind, assembled from the fragments of the clues which he had encountered.

Manifesting Hypercognition to figure out who He is. If an intelligence check is needed: [roll0]

NEO|Phyte
2008-05-10, 05:17 PM
Ferah

"There is only one man impressive enough to be Him. That man is Arnold Eckson, President of the United States of America."

Solo
2008-05-10, 07:09 PM
...I can't top that guess, Marcus comments glibly, wondering what kind of check is needed to get a hint as to the answer, and how many rounds are left until he gets his game back on.

Tacitus
2008-05-10, 07:47 PM
Kuruk

The centaur begins to swell in size as his voice booms from within, "It matters not. The only fact that retains an ounce of weight in this world is that you stink of evil, and must be slain." Divine energy crackles around him as he shifts to better position himself for a charge.

Righteous Might as a swift action
Divine Favor as a standard action.

Talfrey
2008-05-12, 12:23 AM
"I'm afraid your friend cheated, I suppose you want to try and fight me now, that's fine. Here, let's remove some handicaps to start with..." pointing at Marcus, he completely restores the warlocks spell casting powers. "There, now you stand a slightly better chance than before of fighting me. Shall we begin?"

Before anyone has even the most remote oppurtunity to act, Amrien is gone, and a moment later, the ground cracks open and from beneath the earth emerges an immense dragon composed entirely of hellfire.

"I'm sure you're familiar with hellfire by now? How about Hellkites? The rarest and most deadly of all fire dragons. They breath hellfire, whilst constantly burning with it. I'd not touch it if I were you. This is a pet I picked up long ago. I wonder how long you'll last against him." echoes Amrien's voice in your heads. A haunting reminder that even with the drastic increase in power since you saw him last, he is still leagues ahead of you in ability. But then another voice echoes through your minds.

"He's lying, that's actually him, he's polymorphed. This is his first of five forms, and usually the hardest..." At that moment, the glowing ball of light given to Morgan Atraxis takes form, solidifying into an amber crystal. "...because NORMALLY, he's immune to critical hits. Attach that to your sword somehoe Morgan, and pop his head. You can finish this now if we can just keep that hellfire off of you. So try to keep his attention off of Morgan everyone, oh and... uh... don't get killed."

As Chris begins to glow a little, another voice reaches each of your minds...

"We must do this, to see a future beyond us Phtacht'kwe." Spelling check failed

"I've got another Hadouken cued up for ya boss."

"This man is nothing to Chrosis, and his death shall thus be no more than another stone to pave our road."

"Don't presume I went and FORGOT about you 'Lord Koreal' I'll be here for as long as you draw breath."

"You don't know me, but wooooo!"

Solo
2008-05-15, 12:11 AM
Ok guys! Remember our training! If it doesn't go down at first, keep hitting it!

Inside, he makes one very cynical comment before launching into his next attack.

I'm surprised no one's told me to use the Force yet!

Mortalbane Eldritch Blast w/ Utterdark Blast Essence (-2 levels for each failed save), DC 29 Fort save.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

NEO|Phyte
2008-05-21, 12:25 PM
Ferah

"Why do powerful people never fight in their original form?"

Ferah adjusts her stance, making a few harmless twirls of her weapons.

Swift+standard action to recover maneuvers, I'm sadly limited to melee attacks when recovering, and I'd rather not get too close to yon dragon. Move action will be used to ensure I'm at/near my optimal distance, which is anywhere within 100' from said dragon while being far enough away that it can't full attack me.

Zweanslord
2008-05-21, 12:43 PM
Koreal

"Probably because they think it is styleful." Koreal says after flying further away, making sure that he is out of reach of the others so that any dragon breath directed at them would not hit him and any dragon breath directed at him would not hit them and making sure that the dragon has no reach with his claws. He mentally orders the dragon to do the same in regards to dragon breath, who then attacks, along with the shadow.

Koreal flies further away and casts spectral hand.

Dragon
Claw1, Attack: [roll0], Damage: [roll1]
Claw2, Attack: [roll2], Damage: [roll3]
Wing1, Attack: [roll4], Damage: [roll5]
Wing2, Attack: [roll6], Damage: [roll7]
Tail Slap, Attack: [roll8], Damage: [roll9]

Shadow
Touch Attack: [roll10], Strength Damage: [roll11]

Solo
2008-05-21, 08:27 PM
Ferah

"Why do powerful people never fight in their original form?"

...I always fight in my original form....

Karsh
2008-05-21, 10:24 PM
Morgan Atraxis

Causing time to slow to a halt once more, Morgan sets about attaching the crystal to his sword. Fumbling about with the crystal, Morgan rips open a hole at the end of his sword, stuffing the gem in as quickly as possible before tying off the end of the balloon once more. He then hastily moves into position beside the dragon, and, as time resumes its normal pace, he lets out a yell and unleashes a flurry of strikes which buffet the dragon's head.

Manifesting an 11 PP Temporal Acceleration, attaching the crystal to the Balloon Sword, and moving adjacent to the dragon. Once the round is over, full attack:

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]

Critical Confirmations (1d20 40=60, 1d20 35=39) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1602850/)

Talfrey
2008-05-25, 02:08 AM
The head of the flaming dragon detonates, exploding in a shower of tiney drops of flaming blood. The flames die away, and Amrien's headless form stands for a few moments before silently slumping to the ground... black tendrils begin to snake out of him, groping wildly at the air, and then somehow seemingly finding some amount of purchase, one by one, they tear at a circle in the air, revealing darkness. A black figure steps free of the black, his form just as black, with tendrils encompassing him, and then unencompassing him, releasing him and instead taking Amrien, dragging his head and body into the hole. It closes, the figure turns toward you. he is in plan clothing, and has an appearence as simple as his clothing. He is entirely unassuming. Then he dissappears.

You have saved the world.

Good job!

The end.

Solo
2008-05-25, 02:19 AM
... or is it? (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OrIsIt)