PDA

View Full Version : Twin Spell still means only one attack roll?

Frosty
2008-03-26, 10:27 PM
If you use Twin Spell on a ranged attack spell, you still only roll one attack roll (and use that roll for both intances of the attack)?

Reel On, Love
2008-03-26, 10:31 PM
If you use Twin Spell on a ranged attack spell, you still only roll one attack roll (and use that roll for both intances of the attack)?

No, you roll one attack roll for each version of the spell. It's like a second casting.

Beren One-Hand
2008-03-26, 10:44 PM
No, you roll one attack roll for each version of the spell. It's like a second casting.

I don't think you're correct...

"Any variable characteristics (including attack rolls) or decisions you make (including target and area), are applied to both spells, with affected creatures receiving all effects of each spells individually (including getting two saving throws, if applicable)."

The bolded section clearly states you get one attack roll, and if you hit then the spell takes effect twice.

Frosty
2008-03-26, 10:46 PM
But it says: Any variable characteristics (including attack rolls) or decisions you would make about the spell (including target and area), are applied to both spells.

I'm trying to decide whether that means one attack roll, or 2 attack rolls that both benefit from True Strike.

edit: ninja'ed!

Emperor Tippy
2008-03-26, 11:12 PM

Incorrect. It's 1 attack roll that applies to both spells. Split Ray requires a second attack roll though.

GoodbyeSoberDay
2008-03-27, 05:29 AM
So True Strike would only affect one of my split rays?

Ponce
2008-03-27, 07:25 AM
So it would seem.

Frosty
2008-03-27, 12:59 PM

But benefits my twin orbs! Wait, that sounded less pervy in my head :smallconfused:

Anyhow, you should prepare Sure Strike instead. I think that actually affects every attack that round? Or am I wrong?

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-27, 07:59 PM
Twin Ray means two attack rolls, so only one is affected by True Strike. If you're looking to improve your RTA, you could do the following:

Moment of Prescience gives a bonus to one attack, that you can use at any time. So True Strike the first one, and MoP the second.

Invest in a pair of Gloves of Dexterity +6 (+3 to RTA)

Polymorph into something with an obscene Dex score (Cloakers are popular because they also get 3.0 haste)

Try using something to drop their touch AC:

Use a Hold Person/Hold Monster if they have a poor Will save

Striking an opponent Blind is also effective if they have a poor Fort Save.

Emperor Tippy
2008-03-27, 08:12 PM
Twin Ray means two attack rolls, so only one is affected by True Strike.
Again, incorrect. Split is 2 attack rolls, and 2 damage rolls. Twin is 1 roll for each random aspect of the spell (attack, damage, etc.) that is applied twice.

Frosty
2008-03-27, 09:05 PM
There is no such thing as Twin Ray. There is Twin Spell, which is +4 adjustment.

DrizztFan24
2008-03-28, 02:01 PM
I think you would need two attack rolls with Twin spell, only 1 with Repeat though.