PDA

View Full Version : Dragoon Prestige Classes [Peach]

Quxelopqr
2008-03-26, 10:45 PM
I'm making a campaign world for my next game based on The Legend of the Dragoon, which is an amazing RPG for the Playstation 1 (or psx), so the first thing I should make naturally would be the titular characters, the Dragoons. Ones whose destiny it is to rule over dragons. Through the power of small stones (Dragoon Spirits), these warriors are given immense power and ability far beyond their normal station in life.
I'll start with the Red Dragon's Dragoon, and keep posting them as I make them.

Dragoon of the Red Eye Dragon
Hit Die: d10.
Requirements
To qualify to become the Dragoon of the Red Eye Dragon, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.
Base Attack Bonus: +7.
Feats: Power Attack; Weapon Focus: Bastard Sword or Weapon Focus: Greatsword; Weapon Specialization: Bastard Sword or Weapon Focus: Greatsword.
Special: The character must be chosen by the spirit of the red dragon living in the Dragoon Spirit.
Class Skills
The dragoon's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance(Dex), Climb(Str), Gather Information(Cha), Profession(Wis), Survival(Wis).
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 2+ Int modifier.
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+0|Flame Shot, Dragoon Transformation 1 round/combat

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+0|Explosion, Dragoon Transformation 2 rounds/combat

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+1|Final Burst, Dragoon Transformation 3 rounds/combat

4th|
+4|
+3|
+1|
+1|Dragoon Transformation 4 rounds/combat

5th|
+5|
+4|
+2|
+2|Red Eye Dragon, Dragoon Transformation 5 rounds/combat[/table]

Dragoon Transformation
The Dragoon draws on the spirit of the dragon residing in his Dragoon Spirit. He transforms into the almighty Dragoon in a flash of red light, granting him damage reduction equal to his Dragoon class level times 3. He gains wings and has a flight speed equal to his base land speed and average manuverability. His weapon also gains the 'Flaming' property. These abilities last as long as his transformation does, leaving in a flash of light similar to the one they appeared in.

Flame Shot
While in the Dragoon Transformation state, the Dragoon may fire a powerful bolt of flame into an enemy. This allows the user to use 'Scorching Ray' (as an 8th level caster but only one ray doing 8d6 damage) as a spell like ability.

Explosion
While in the Dragoon Transformation state, the Dragoon may launch an orb of searing fire into a group of enemies. This allows the user to use 'Fireball' (at caster level 6 so 6d6 damage) as a spell like ability.

Final Burst
While in the Dragoon Transformation state, the Dragoon may blaze through an enemy with his sword. The Dragoon charges and goes through a space occupied by an enemy, making an attack that automatically crits if it lands, and his weapon is treated as having the 'Flaming Burst' ability for this attack.

Red Eye Dragon
While in the Dragoon Transformation state, the Dragoon may call upon the full power of the dragon he draws his strength from and effectively use the (spell from the player's handbook two that lets you polymorph yourself into an adult red dragon. I don't have my ph2 here so if someone could give me the info on that spell it'd be helpful).

This seem balanced? The game is a low-magic setting and most of the characters are melee based (unless they're trying to emulate Shana, in which case they'd be ranged, their best stat is around 9 and they just suck at life. Guess who I try not to use :smalltongue: ?). I'll finish up the next one and post it in a while.