PDA

View Full Version : What race/thing is Morte from Planescape torment

RagnaroksChosen
2008-03-27, 09:50 AM
So one of the wizards in my current group wants to have a morte like creature/construct/undead head floating around.. now I rememnber in 2nd ed and in 3.0 I belive there where rules for them... Although by brains a bit fried from game last night... any one have any information or what book/website/source I can look at to get an idea for stats before I homebrew it...

if no idea's for resorces what about ideas for homebrewing it?

Thanks all!

Saph
2008-03-27, 09:52 AM
Demilich?

. . . okay, probably not. :P

- Saph

RagnaroksChosen
2008-03-27, 09:54 AM
Demilich?

. . . okay, probably not. :P

- Saph

I wish i could remember the name of them... still google searching it...

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-27, 09:56 AM
People think he's a mimir (A kind of construct), but in reality he's just a flying skull.

RagnaroksChosen
2008-03-27, 09:58 AM
People think he's a mimir (A kind of construct), but in reality he's just a flying skull.

Mimir OMG!!!

Thank you.. yes i know hes tecnicaly undead skull that just floats there HOwever Does any one know where to find the stats fir a Mimir in 3.0 or 3.5...

Hell i'd even take stats for 2nd ed.

Gorbash
2008-03-27, 09:59 AM
He tells people he's a mimir, but he's not... I really don't think that there are actual rules for creature of his type (even if there is more than one skull that managed to escape from Pillar of Skulls), but I'd say that he's just undead. With floating ability. And good intimidate (goad) skill.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-27, 10:05 AM
In any case, a Mimir is just a construct. You can just use the rules for a small/tiny animated object with limited sapience (low INT, something like 6), and you'll be okay. Add a bite attack and you're done.

RagnaroksChosen
2008-03-27, 10:07 AM
In any case, a Mimir is just a construct. You can just use the rules for a small/tiny animated object with limited sapience (low INT, something like 6), and you'll be okay. Add a bite attack and you're done.

i thought mimir's in fluff where walking encyclopedias?

Gorbash
2008-03-27, 10:08 AM
Mimir OMG!!!

He's not a mimir, dude. :D He's lying the whole time he tells that. He even talks about his life before he died, and mimirs can't do that, because they weren't even alive ever. They're just information storeboxes. You tell them something, they memorize it, and when you ask them later about it they tell you what that was. So, Morte clearly wasn't that. He was a lying bastard while he was alive, did something horrible and for that he ended up on the Pillar of Skulls untill Nameless One saved him.

Ascension
2008-03-27, 10:12 AM
You don't want an actual Mimir around. We had one tag along with the party as a floating GPS system to guide us to a quest location, and it wouldn't shut up. We had to stuff it in a Handy Haversack to keep from bringing every bad guy within earshot down on our heads.

RagnaroksChosen
2008-03-27, 10:15 AM
He's not a mimir, dude. :D He's lying the whole time he tells that. He even talks about his life before he died, and mimirs can't do that, because they weren't even alive ever. They're just information storeboxes. You tell them something, they memorize it, and when you ask them later about it they tell you what that was. So, Morte clearly wasn't that. He was a lying bastard while he was alive, did something horrible and for that he ended up on the Pillar of Skulls untill Nameless One saved him.

no no i know that. its been bothering me about the name of those store box's.. um i was a big fan of planscape in 2nd ed..

I know Morte was a lieing sack of... thats what made him unique.. I was wondering about the other mimirs in planscape... the normal ones are there stats for them or are they as Azerian Kelimon said where there just constructs... if I remember correctly (which I may not be) I remember them haveing information pre stored in them... if there just memmory box's thats cool eather way... but are there any sources for stats on mimirs not morte...

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-27, 10:19 AM
Nope. Y'see, Planescape support was dropped, so material wasn't produced.

RagnaroksChosen
2008-03-27, 10:22 AM
Nope. Y'see, Planescape support was dropped, so material wasn't produced.

...nine hells.. gaar...

That blows ok well then I guess I gots to homebrew it.

Well thanks guys...

Tokiko Mima
2008-03-27, 10:34 AM
If you're going to homebrew it, I'd recommend a Vargouille (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/vargouille.htm) as a base. Remove it's special attacks, switch it to type Undead, make it's manueverability perfect since Morte didn't need wings, and lower it's CR to 1. Viola! Morte!

Gorbash
2008-03-27, 10:48 AM
CR 1? Morte pretty much kicked ass in PS:T. :D

hamlet
2008-03-27, 10:56 AM
Mimir were not statted out because they were not monsters or constructs or anything like that. They were more like magic items. Think of them as Ye Olde Cassette Recorder.

jamroar
2008-03-27, 11:40 AM
no no i know that. its been bothering me about the name of those store box's.. um i was a big fan of planscape in 2nd ed..

I know Morte was a lieing sack of... thats what made him unique.. I was wondering about the other mimirs in planscape... the normal ones are there stats for them or are they as Azerian Kelimon said where there just constructs... if I remember correctly (which I may not be) I remember them haveing information pre stored in them... if there just memmory box's thats cool eather way... but are there any sources for stats on mimirs not morte...

An unofficial conversion found in the Wayback archives of the ?defunct? Planewalker 3.5 site

Mimir
Tiny Construct
Hit Dice: 1/2d10 (2 hp)
Initiative: +2 (Dex)
Speed: Fly 40 ft. (perfect)
Armor Class: 14 (+2 size, +2 Dex)
Base Attack/Grapple: 0
Attack: 0
Full Attack: Bite +4
Space/Reach: 2 1/2 ft. by 2 1/2 ft. / 0
Special Attacks: None.
Special Qualities: Construct qualities, hardness 10
Saves: Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +0
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 15, Con --, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10
Skills: Knowledge (the planes): varies from +5 to +20, depending on quality. Also, mimirs always take 10 on Knowledge (the planes) checks.
Feats: Weapon Finesse (bite)

Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 1/2
Treasure: None
Alignment: True Neutral
Advancement: None
Level Adjustment: 0

A mimir looks like a large, stylized human skull made of metal. It is a magical item, but has stats like a creature.

Combat

Mimirs can do very little damage, so they don't usually fight. One might, however, bite the hand of someone trying to steal it.

Habitat/Society

Mimirs are often sold in Sigil as handy sources of information about the planes. They usually speak Common, but can be programmed to speak a different language. A mimir can be used as a familiar for an arcane spellcaster; such a familiar grants its master a +1 bonus to all Knowledge skills the master knows while within 1 mile of the master. Information on creating mimirs as magical items will be added to the magic item section.�

Ecology

None.

RagnaroksChosen
2008-03-27, 02:34 PM
An unofficial conversion found in the Wayback archives of the ?defunct? Planewalker 3.5 site

Mimir
Tiny Construct
Hit Dice: 1/2d10 (2 hp)
Initiative: +2 (Dex)
Speed: Fly 40 ft. (perfect)
Armor Class: 14 (+2 size, +2 Dex)
Base Attack/Grapple: 0
Attack: 0
Full Attack: Bite +4
Space/Reach: 2 1/2 ft. by 2 1/2 ft. / 0
Special Attacks: None.
Special Qualities: Construct qualities, hardness 10
Saves: Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +0
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 15, Con --, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10
Skills: Knowledge (the planes): varies from +5 to +20, depending on quality. Also, mimirs always take 10 on Knowledge (the planes) checks.
Feats: Weapon Finesse (bite)

Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 1/2
Treasure: None
Alignment: True Neutral
Advancement: None
Level Adjustment: 0

A mimir looks like a large, stylized human skull made of metal. It is a magical item, but has stats like a creature.

Combat

Mimirs can do very little damage, so they don't usually fight. One might, however, bite the hand of someone trying to steal it.

Habitat/Society

Mimirs are often sold in Sigil as handy sources of information about the planes. They usually speak Common, but can be programmed to speak a different language. A mimir can be used as a familiar for an arcane spellcaster; such a familiar grants its master a +1 bonus to all Knowledge skills the master knows while within 1 mile of the master. Information on creating mimirs as magical items will be added to the magic item section.�

Ecology

None.

YES exalent Thank You so much!!
thats what i was looking for ... going to modifie the knowledge planes skill to some thing else but this will work perfectly thank you again!!

i knew they where some where out there.