View Full Version : The eight original gym leaders

Emperor Demonking
2008-03-27, 11:09 AM
Write in a spoiler box without looking it up, the eight names of the gym leaders in Pokemon red and blue.

Nerd-o-rama
2008-03-27, 11:13 AM
Why? Oh, right, I'm obsessed with trivia.

Brock
Misty
Sabrina
Erica
Fighting guy
Ghost chick (or was that Sabrina and the other one is Psychic chick?)
Fu...something, the poison guy
Giovanni
Damn. I can't remember the other three at all. EDIT: I looked it up, and I wasn't even right about their elements. I must have gotten them mixed up with Gold/Silver.

Sotextli
2008-03-27, 11:17 AM
Brock- Rock
Misty- Water
Lt. Surge
Grass girl, I forget her name
Sabrina- Psychic
Koga- Poison (or bug, whatever)
Blaine- Fire
Giovanni- Ground, I think?

I think that's all right...

Skippy
2008-03-27, 11:26 AM
Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Koga, Sabrina, Blaine and Giovanni. The Elite Four was composed of Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha and Lance.

I am a huge Pokemon fan since Red Version. I have all pokemons in my Diamond version. Go me!

Destro_Yersul
2008-03-27, 11:28 AM
Sure. I'll include cities too, when I can remember the names. It should be noted that the same leaders were used in Yellow as well. Can't forget yellow.

Brock, Pewter city
Misty, Cerulean city
Lt. Surge, Viridian city
Koga, Fuschia city
Sabrina, Saffron city
Blane, I think the name was, on that Island south of Pallet Town
Giovanni
annnnnd... I can't remember the name of the grass type gym leader. Started with C, I think...

The Extinguisher
2008-03-27, 11:38 AM
Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Koga, Sabrina, Blaine, Giovanni. The Elite Four was Loralei, Bruno, Agatha, Lance then Blue

Easy peasy. Want Gold and Silver as well? Because I can do that.

Rogue 7
2008-03-27, 11:57 AM
: Brock, Rock, Misty Water, Surge Electricity, Erika Grass, Koga Poison, Sabrina Psychic, Blaine Fire, Giovanni Earth. Elite Four: Lorelai Ice, Bruno fighting, Agatha Ghost, Lance Dragon, Gary all sorts.

Revlid
2008-03-27, 01:45 PM
Rock Pokemon - Brock
Water Pokemon - Misty
Electrical Pokemon - Lt. Surge
Grass Pokemon?
Psychic Pokemon - Sabrina
Poison Pokemon - Kujo
Fire Pokemon - Blaze
Ground Pokemon - Giovanni

someonenonotyou
2008-03-28, 07:58 AM
brock
misty
lt. surge? something like that
givonni
sabrina
erica
blaze?
crap 7/8 cant think of last one

lumberofdabeast
2008-03-28, 08:35 AM
1) Brock
2) Misty
3) Lt. Surge
4) Erika
5) Koga
6) Sabrina
7) Blaine
8) Giovanni

Xefas
2008-03-28, 08:53 AM
Brock / Rock / Pewter City / Boulder Badge
Misty / Water / Cerulean City / Cascade Badge
Lieutenant Surge / Electric / Vermilion City / Thunder Badge
Erika / Grass / Celadon City / Rainbow Badge
Koga / Poison / Fuchsia City / Soul badge
Sabrina / Psychic / X / Marsh Badge
Blaine / Fire / Cinnabar Island / X
Giovanni / Ground / Viridian City / Earth Badge???

I listed some extra stuff, too. Y'know, I always thought they got the Marsh and Soul badges mixed up. Shouldn't Sabrina give out the Soul and Koga give out the Marsh? That would've made a lot more sense to me...

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that Red version and Blue version are the only versions worth playing :smallamused:

Mattarias, King.
2008-03-28, 09:46 AM
Blaine's badge was the fire badge, I do believe.

:smallbiggrin: Best. Gym leader. Ever.

"When you're in a volcano, EVERY room's a 'lavatory'!" :smallbiggrin:

*relurk*

Xefas
2008-03-28, 09:49 AM
Blaine's badge was the fire badge, I do believe.

Actually, after I answered the thread, and couldn't think of Blaine's badge, I wikied him and found out that it was the Volcano Badge.

Mattarias, King.
2008-03-28, 09:51 AM
:smallconfused:

Really?

[shame]....*off to play the old versions again..*

Closet_Skeleton
2008-03-28, 11:58 AM
I will hit myself if I can't do this

Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Sabrina, Koga, Blaine, Giovanni

Funny, the original ones are the only ones I can remember. I guess old age really does ruin your memories of everthing but your childhood.

Hermit
2008-03-28, 02:12 PM
Brock
Misty
Lt. Surge
Erika
Sabrina
Koga
Blaine
Giovanni

Elite 4:
Loreli
Bruno
Agatha
Lance

Not overly difficult cause I replayed FireRed not too long ago. Needed a Charmander egg for my Pearl team :p

Shas aia Toriia
2008-03-29, 07:50 AM
Hmmm. . .

Brock (rock)
Misty (water)
Lt. Surge (electricity)
Erica (grass)
Koga (poison)
Sabrina (psychic)
Blaine (fire)
Giovanni (earth)

Lorlei (ice)
Bruno (fighting)
Agatha (poison)
Lance (dragon)

Rival

DarkLightDragon
2008-03-29, 08:38 AM
1-Pewter City-Brock-Rock Type-Boulder Badge-Increases a stat, allows Flash, TM Bide

2-Cerulean City-Misty-Water Type-Cascade Badge-Makes Pokemon obedient to lvl 30, allows Cut, TM Bubblebeam

3-Vermilion City-Lt. Surge-Electric Type-Thunder Badge-Increases a stat, TM Thunderbolt

4-Celadon City-Erika-Grass Type-Rainbow Badge-Makes Pokemon obedient to lvl 50, TM Mega Drain

5-Fuschia City-Koga-Poison Type-Soul Badge-Increases a stat, TM Toxic

6-Saffron City-Sabrina-Psychic Type-Marsh Badge-Makes Pokemon obedient to lvl 70, TM Psychic

7-Cinnibar Island-Blaine-Fire Type-Volcanic Badge-Increases a stat, TM Fire Blast

8-Viridian City-Giovanni-Ground Type-Earth Badge-Makes all Pokemon obedient, TM Earthquake

The order they're in, the areas they're in, the names of the Leaders, their type, the name of their Badges, what the badges do, the HMs that the first two allow to be used outside of battle and the TMs that you win.

This is all off the top of my head. No looking anything up, and I haven't played Red and Blue for ages.

EDIT: I didn't read the other posts before posting mine, either.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-03-29, 08:40 AM
1-Pewter City-Brock-Rock Type-Boulder Badge-Increases a stat, allows Flash, TM Bide

2-Cerulean City-Misty-Water Type-Cascade Badge-Makes Pokemon obedient to lvl 30, allows Cut, TM Bubblebeam

3-Vermilion City-Lt. Surge-Electric Type-Thunder Badge-Increases a stat, TM Thunderbolt

4-Celadon City-Erika-Grass Type-Rainbow Badge-Makes Pokemon obedient to lvl 50, TM Mega Drain

5-Fuschia City-Koga-Poison Type-Soul Badge-Increases a stat, TM Toxic

6-Saffron City-Sabrina-Psychic Type-Marsh Badge-Makes Pokemon obedient to lvl 70, TM Psychic

7-Cinnibar Island-Blaine-Fire Type-Volcanic Badge-Increases a stat, TM Fire Blast

8-Viridian City-Giovanni-Ground Type-Earth Badge-Makes all Pokemon obedient, TM Earthquake

The order they're in, the areas they're in, the names of the Leaders, their type, the name of their Badges, what the badges do, the HMs that the first two allow to be used outside of battle and the TMs that you win.

This is all off the top of my head. No looking anything up, and I haven't played Red and Blue for ages.
:smalleek:

Soepvork
2008-03-29, 08:52 AM
I'm thinking:

Brock, Misty, Sabrina, Giovanni, Koga, Lt. Surge, Erica and Blaze

Not quite sure about the last two names, but they are the chick with plant-type pokemon (with a Vileplume?) in the city with the large Mall on the left end of the cross of cities in the map and the guy with fire-type Pokemone (Magmar) that is in a Volcano because his gym got burned down on the island with the fossil resurrection thingy.

Edit:
Oh well,
Erica was close enough (being EriKa), Blaze and Blaine was a little bit off but I can live with that.

Yuki Akuma
2008-03-29, 09:00 AM
Brock - Rock - Boulder Badge - Pewter City
Misty - Water - Cascade Badge - Cerulean City
Lt. Surge - Electricity - Thunder Badge - Vermilion City
Erika - Grass - Rainbow Badge - Celadon City
Koga - Poison - Soul Badge(?) - Fuchsia City
Sabrina - Psychic - Marsh Badge - Saffron City
Blaine - Fire - Volcano Badge - Cinnabar Island
Giovanni - Ground (except two of them were Poison...) - Earth Badge (which looks like a feather for some reason...) - Viridian City

And the Elite Four...

Lorelei - Ice
Bruno - Fighting
Agatha - Ghost
Lance - Dragon

And the Champion (heh)

Blue - Mixed

Yeah, I played that game through about ten times.

Studoku
2008-03-29, 09:39 AM
Brock
Misty
Erica
Blaine (not sure about spelling)
Giovani
Sabrina
Lt. Surge
Poison guy (started with a K)

kpenguin
2008-03-29, 10:39 AM
Brock
Misty
Erika
Blaine
Koga
Sabrina
Giovanni
Sgt. Surge... in America!

EDIT: *Looks them up* I remembered all of them? God, I'm pathetic. Well, one I misnamed the rank of one of them. He's a lieutenant, not a sergeant.

Ryuuk
2008-03-29, 02:08 PM
Just not sure about the last one's element, but here goes

Brock - Rock
Misty - Water
Lt. Surge - Electric
Erika - Plant
Sabrina - Psychic
Koga - Poison
Blain - Fire
Giovani - Balanced Team