PDA

View Full Version : Previously Unknown Meaning of Your Screenname

Syka
2008-03-27, 11:31 AM
So I got a random PM on another site that said

"Bitch, in russian?

curiosity killed the cat, so my questions are.. why and how? lol... Smile"

And I was utterly confused. Why is someone calling me a b*tch? What the heck is going on?

I get the response back that evidently Syka (or cyka, depending on the alphabet you are using) is Russian for b*tch. I looked it up in an online dictionary and it confirmed it. I couldn't stop laughing because I've been using this handle for 6 years and no one's ever said anything.

Any other funny stories? And if I can get a real persons confirmation on the meaning (Ruba, I'm looking at you buddy) it would be great. :)

Cheers,
Syka

FireFox
2008-03-27, 11:39 AM
Despite what everyone seems to think, my name has no affiliation with the browser. I was thinking of an idea for a handle years ago, so I put together my two favorite things.
Fire + Foxes = Win

Trog
2008-03-27, 11:49 AM
Unbeknownst to me "Trog" actually means: Uber-hep reptile-man with a penchant for strong drink, strong women, and smokes. Not necessarily in that order.

Imagine my surprise.

@V Suuuuuuure you're not a cop. Trog totally believes you. Yup. Totally.
*leans over and whispers behind his had jerking a thumb in his direction. Cop.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-03-27, 11:59 AM
I've never gotten any PMs like that.

However, I do, occasionally get PMs asking me if I'm Greek, and/or a cop.
Turns out, though, this specific screen name is almost never taken, although "Thanatos" usually is. Inluding on this forum, if I'm not mistaken.
for the record, I'm an American, and not a cop.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-03-27, 12:01 PM
...Greek I get, but why a cop?

...and I've never seen an alternate meaning for this name, since I knew what it meant when I picked it. :P

Brickwall
2008-03-27, 12:02 PM
People have often connected my name with my attitude. Apparently talking to me is like talking to a brick wall? I fail to see how, as I generally listen to people. Do people even know what the simile means, or are they just so desperately overwhelmed by me that they, in blind stupor, will reach out at any insult, no matter how idiotic, they can possibly form? Maybe. In any case.

Yeah, my SN has nothing to do with my personality. I did not choose it out of symbolism, or for anything humorous. Simply, after many tries at a fun screename, they were all taken. So in frustration, I picked something random.

The PUMoMSN is "nothing". It means nothing at all. Get over yourselves, folks. You're not clever. It's two words, an adjective and a noun, put together. It's no different than "greybottle" or "oldpencil" or something. No meaning at all. And people apparently never quite got that.

Ego Slayer
2008-03-27, 12:11 PM
People have often connected my name with my attitude. Apparently talking to me is like talking to a brick wall? I fail to see how, as I generally listen to people. Do people even know what the simile means, or are they just so desperately overwhelmed by me that they, in blind stupor, will reach out at any insult, no matter how idiotic, they can possibly form? Maybe. In any case.
Or maybe the feeling of wanting to bash ones head against a wall whenever talking to you, and it's quite handy that you are a brickwall? :smallamused:

No, I don't really know what I'm talking about. =P

Szilard
2008-03-27, 12:21 PM
All I know, is my username translated in Hawiian is Ika Ika, which apparently means strong and powerful.:smallcool:

Totally Guy
2008-03-27, 12:27 PM
I looked up mine... I found a site called the Gay & Lesbian Underwater Group. D'oh!

I used to go for pompous sounding names but then I need to live up to it and spell everything right. Glug is an idiot name and I don't have any preconceived competence to live up to, which keeps me casual.

Ceska
2008-03-27, 12:41 PM
I get the response back that evidently Syka (or cyka, depending on the alphabet you are using) is Russian for b*tch.
Am I the only one finding it amusing you have a, probably female, wolf as avatar?

Apparently, I am a Japanese IT company. Good to know.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-03-27, 12:53 PM
Am I the only one finding it amusing you have a, probably female, wolf as avatar?

Apparently, I am a Japanese IT company. Good to know.

...as well as "Czech" in a language unfamiliar to me. *hugs*

wadledo
2008-03-27, 01:24 PM
I just wanted to mock Kirby fans.

Pyrian
2008-03-27, 01:24 PM
I was using "Pyrian" for a while before I learned that it could mean enlightened. I didn't exactly complain... :smallcool: "Drink deeply, or not at all..."

The Rose Dragon
2008-03-27, 01:31 PM
The Rose Dragon? Umm... I dunno, really. I was just thinking up a title for my royal character who could control dragons, and his name was "Lung", which apparently refers to Chinese Dragons, and I thought "Woo! The Rose Dragon! Sounds awesome!".

Khantalas, though... means nothing. Apparently it is a made up word, and is common enough to be made up by different people that it is used at several places unconnected to me.

Brickwall
2008-03-27, 01:32 PM

Seeing as she uses a fox, yes, yes you are. Female foxes, if I recall, are called "vixens", unlike most other female canines.

Ceska
2008-03-27, 01:44 PM
...as well as "Czech" in a language unfamiliar to me. *hugs*
And the language code for Jola-Kasa.

Seeing as she uses a fox, yes, yes you are. Female foxes, if I recall, are called "vixens", unlike most other female canines.
That's a fox? I've always thought it was either a wolf or a dog.

Brickwall
2008-03-27, 02:02 PM
That's a fox? I've always thought it was either a wolf or a dog.

Even if the color scheme didn't give it away, her signature does. Though, to be fair, she has used a wolf at some point, though it was never her primary.

Flickerdart
2008-03-27, 03:09 PM
Syka, your name bears resemblance to the word in spelling only. It's pronounced more like "sooka". On the internet, the word has long since become bastardized into "stsuko" (сцуко) or "tsuko", depending (note that it is now gender-neutral, not female).

Solo
2008-03-27, 03:15 PM
Hmmm..... *Looks up at his screen name*

InaVegt
2008-03-27, 03:19 PM
Apparently, there's a place called Gezina in South Africa, most likely in Afrikaner Territory (It has a Voortrekker Road, neither Native Africans, nor British Africans would use that for a street name)

Narmoth
2008-03-27, 03:20 PM
Syka - I was aware of the names meaning in Russian, and had a good laugh first time I saw it, but I decided not to spoil your user name (especially since you can't change it here) by telling.

Interesting thing: if you search for "Narmoth", you'll find me! (If you search for images, you wont find photos though)

Mauve Shirt
2008-03-27, 03:23 PM
Everyone with knowledge knows what mine means.

My AIM screen name, phonetically, means "Scram you jerk" in German. I think.

rubakhin
2008-03-27, 03:38 PM
Mm, well, soooort of. See, the word for bitch is spelled "cyka" in Cyrillic, pronounced "sookah", and would be rendered into Latin letters as "suka" rather than syka.

Spiryt
2008-03-27, 03:46 PM
Mm, well, soooort of. See, the word for bitch is spelled "cyka" in Cyrillic, pronounced "sookah", and would be rendered into Latin letters as "suka" rather than syka.

And that is exactly "bitch in polish ("suka"). I wonder what was the etymology of those words. :smallamused:

Anyway, it seems that most playgrounders seem to think that my username is variation of spirit (http://www.loshadka.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/spirit-energy.jpg).

While it's obvious, I must admit I haven't thought about it.

DraPrime
2008-03-27, 03:48 PM
Oddly enough my name is linked to a bunch of people who mod Legend of the Green Dragon, whatever that is. And despite my avatar I'm a silver dragon damnit.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-03-27, 03:51 PM
Apparently, "Shas" is the name of a political party in Israel, but my full name, Shas'aia Toriia, has nothing.

Flickerdart
2008-03-27, 04:46 PM

I've already beaten you to the punch with that information. Mwahahaha! :smallbiggrin:

Syka
2008-03-27, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the letting me know the difference between the look and sound. :)

I don't mind that, I found it amusing given my avatar is in the canine family (which, as Brickie pointed out, would technically be called a vixen).

Cheers,
Syka

Bag_of_Holding
2008-03-27, 05:02 PM
It kinda bothers me when people post things like how they could chuck a dead body and other wonderfully revolting things inside a bag of holding, but apart from that I'm quite fine. :smallsigh:

Cobra_Ikari
2008-03-27, 05:06 PM
It kinda bothers me when people post things like how they could chuck a dead body and other wonderfully revolting things inside a bag of holding, but apart from that I'm quite fine. :smallsigh:

...eww. Certain implications came to mind, none of which were very appetizing. >.<

*puts sunshine and flowers and puppies and kitties in a bag of holding* :smallwink:

rubakhin
2008-03-27, 05:43 PM
I've already beaten you to the punch with that information. Mwahahaha! :smallbiggrin:

К черту! :smalltongue:

Leper_Kahn
2008-03-27, 05:51 PM
http://www.bungie.net/Account/Profile.aspx?memberID=2762923

Wow I'm pissed. This isn't me... Who are you name stealer?! Then again, there's a person who stole my name on this forum, and another forum... and another forum... etc.

It's depressing that so many people have this name. Here I was thinking I was so clever... If you see a "Leper Kahn" name from somewhere BEFORE 2004 then you can tell me I stole it from someone, but I swear there hasn't been one before me! :smallannoyed:

Brickwall
2008-03-27, 05:52 PM

Watch your language, mister!

Thes Hunter
2008-03-27, 05:52 PM
There are NO other meanings for my name!

None, zero, nada. Do not believe anyone who tells you otherwise.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-03-27, 05:54 PM
There are NO other meanings for my name!

None, zero, nada. Do not believe anyone who tells you otherwise.

...really? What about for the...you know... >.>

Green Bean
2008-03-27, 05:55 PM
Well, apparently HV is the airline code for a small Dutch airline...

Nohwl
2008-03-27, 06:05 PM
i just hit the keyboard a couple times and got this. im not sure if there are any meanings.

Zarrexaij
2008-03-27, 07:19 PM
If my name has a meaning, please tell me.

I made it up, so if it actually does, I'll be extremely scared.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-27, 07:44 PM
All I know, is my username translated in Hawiian is Ika Ika, which apparently means strong and powerful.:smallcool:
Wait, you translate "Szilard" to Hawaiian and then to English and it means "strong and powerfull"??? Shouldn't it just mean "Szilard"??

I mean, I get it if Szilard means strong and powerfull in Hawaiian, but how can it mean that in English? Slightly bizarre.

Mattarias, King.
2008-03-27, 08:10 PM
Apparently, with a removal of a T in my name, it means "Would you kill?" in spanish. Amusing. I thought I came up with it, myself. :smallsigh:

Shraik
2008-03-27, 09:48 PM
I seem to find that there is another person meandering about on the internet as a WoW character named Shraik.

Their demise shall be quick.

Shades of Gray
2008-03-27, 09:59 PM
Great stories, I'm lucky I chose my screen name based on something I new about.

Shades of Gray is generally used to mean neutrality, and the classic "villain with good intentions, hero with bad intentions" deal. I first heard the term while reading the Eisenhorn trilogy by Dan Abnett, a story about an inquisitor becoming the thing he used to hunt, so he could hunt... better.

It amused me when I read this passage:

Originally posted by: Races and Classes, D&D sourcebook, on the subject of alignment

Shades of gray can make an interesting campaign.

How do they know about my DMing career:smalltongue: ? Oh no! They found me! *goes into hiding*

Haruki-kun
2008-03-27, 11:04 PM
Well, I did get a surprise when one of my friends started claiming that Haruki is a girl's name instead of a boy's. However, I later proved it wrong.

Haruka and Haruko are both girl names, whereas Haruki is a boy name.

When she doubted me I mentioned a few people (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haruki_Murakami) and/or characters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haruki_Hanai) who go by the name of Haruki (http://www.babynames.com/Names/name_display.php?id=1638), which apparently means "shining brightly" (which is why I chose it in the first place).

Strangely enough, I did find one woman whose name was Haruki. I'm guessing it was written with different kanji or something. I don't know, and.... I can't really say I know enough Japanese writing to explain it.

EDIT: I removed the URL for that woman's Wiki article. I just realized her article is somewhat questionable. :smalleek:

Zakama
2008-03-28, 02:13 AM
There's an African author named Kabura Zakama, a book of poems he wrote won an award in Nigeria. Also, an application analyst who lives in Minneapolis is named Arthur Zakama.

Serpentine
2008-03-28, 02:56 AM
*puts sunshine and flowers and puppies and kitties in a bag of holding* :smallwink:Did you leave it open? If not, way to condemn a bunch of innocent little animals to a long, lingering death :smallannoyed:

I think someone did tell me some surprising definition of Serpentine, but I can't remember what it was. Anyway, just from Goff's dictionary:
serpentine oadj of or like a serpent or snake > winding and twisting > complex, cunning or treacherous. o n. 1 a dark green mineral consisting of blah blah blah 2 a riding exercise blah blah blah 3 historical a kind of cannon o v. move or lie in a winding path or line.

Also, I looked it up on the 'net a while ago, and found Gallery Serpentine, which looks awesome. Turns out two friends of mine buy stuff from there...

DarkLightDragon
2008-03-28, 03:32 AM
There's a PLACE in WA called Serpentine. One of my relatives lives there.

Serpentine
2008-03-28, 03:38 AM
Oh yeah, there's a little town in Victoria called that, too.

Vargtass
2008-03-28, 03:40 AM
Vargtass literally means wolf paw in Swedish. It is also the name of an alcoholic drink (lingonberry juice and akvavit, moonshine, or possibly vodka). I was aware of both meanings when I picked the name, originally as a medieval alias, way before the Internet.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-03-28, 05:24 AM
Did you leave it open? If not, way to condemn a bunch of innocent little animals to a long, lingering death :smallannoyed:

Oh, is that what it was? kitties and puppies? Hmm... well of course I knew that! :smalleek:

Shademan
2008-03-28, 05:49 AM
well whaddya know...
im not that original i still get pissed when stupid people take my name.

Vuzzmop
2008-03-28, 09:10 PM

Now now, there' no nead to get testy.:smalltongue:

Anyhoo, my screen name has no real meaning. It is as chaotic as the mind from whence it sprung. I do however use it as my only internet moniker, and have even started a (jokingly, not a real one) cult on Bebo, "The Church of Vuzzmop" as a sort of social experiment.

Copacetic
2008-03-28, 10:56 PM
Strangely, I found two things. One was kinda like the OP, except worse. ( Thank you Urban dictionary, for scarring my mind. I've been identifiying as Frigs on the interwebs since I was old enough to type, so findign a dirty meaning for my name is really strange.)). On a much Sillier note, mine is also an abreviation for Fridge. And to Think I made I up using a word game I used to play alot. Who knew?

Leper_Kahn
2008-03-29, 12:07 AM
(Thank you Urban dictionary, for scarring my mind. I've been identifiying as Frigs on the interwebs since I was old enough to type, so finding a dirty meaning for my name is really strange.)

Wow. I wish I hadn't been inspired to go to Urban Dictionary for my name either. I suggest no one does this!

mercurymaline
2008-03-29, 12:13 AM
From Urban Dictionary:

1. Wombatness
In the being of wombat. To have lots of the power of the wombat.
"The is a mighty sword of wombatness."

2. Wombat
A person who urinates in a public swimming pool.
"Look at that little wombat."

O.O

Oi.

Nychta
2008-03-29, 04:41 AM
Well when I put 'xNadia' into google, it throws out my DeviantArt, which is a relief. However, plain 'Nadia' brings up a company of consultants. Urbandictionary gives some... uh... odd results for 'nadia'. Yeah, I'm gonna go hide now.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-03-29, 06:26 AM
Though I didnt relate to them when I made up this name. It should be obvious enough...

Or just refers to me. A.K.A. Awesome person who studies Quenya and has a love for cookies. (Sorry for my ego here *calls in Ego Slayer*)

Shas aia Toriia
2008-03-29, 07:19 AM
I just went to Urban Dictionary, and though the full name obviously scores nothing, Shas got some interesting results. :smalleek: :smallyuk:

Kaelaroth
2008-03-29, 07:47 AM
Seemingly, I have no meaning. :smallfrown:

Player_Zero
2008-03-29, 08:25 AM
Hmmm... Nope. Only individually. Google throws up nothing... A couple of uses by people using the same name and apparently something called "Two-Player Zero-Sum Game" which is something to do with decision mathematics.

I suppose I intended 'player' to refer to a player of a game, as in, 'player one' and 'player two', but it also has a slang definition...
Zero could also refer to a nobody or it could refer to to the Megaman character.

Jayngfet
2008-03-30, 07:10 AM
my name just gives things I type, I made my name a few years ago, but I've made come changes in spelling, I think I used to have a meaning(I made it for a game)

funny, in one year I got like a half a dozen pages and an origional name

SurlySeraph
2008-03-30, 01:08 PM
My name has no hidden meanings. Hidden meanings are for manipulative people. What could possibly make you think I'm manipulative? I bet Face of Evil said I was manipulative, didn't he. He always does that sort of thing. It would be good for someone to smite him. I hear you're good at that sort of thing... :smallyuk:

Nope, no hidden meanings. Well, a few times people have mistaken the "Seraph" for "Seph" as in "Sephiroth", but I'm willing to chalk that down to blinding FFVII fanboyism and forgive it.

Jibar
2008-03-30, 01:20 PM
Fun fact: Jibar is apparantly a bank term related to some form of interest.
However, should you google it, you will discover my GiTP profile, my DeviantArt profile, and a whole host of other random profiles I've made, all within the first couple of pages.
Apparantly I'm good for Google searches.

Scorpina
2008-03-30, 01:46 PM
Apparently 'Scorpina' is the Italian name for a scorpion fish. Not much of a stretch.

Incidently, my random banter shows up on the first page of a google search for Scorpina. Oh yeah. *dance*

Charity
2008-03-31, 02:05 AM
I'm pretty sure Charity only means me... yeah Google's got nothing.

Nebo_
2008-03-31, 06:07 AM
Apparently there are six towns named Nebo; one here in Australia, another in the UK, three in America and one mentioned in the Bible. Nebo is also a Babylonian God and a mountain. They stole my name.

KuReshtin
2008-03-31, 06:14 AM
Searching for my screen name on Google I get myself as the first three entries. Two of them poiting towards my profile on a BBC site, and the third one pointing toward the UKitP III meetup thread on here.

As far as I know, there are no meanings in any normal language (although apparently, my real name would kind of sound like Ku'reshtin when pronounced in Japanese according to someone). I did 'borrow' it from a bunch of books by Jennifer Roberson and the word Ki'Reshtin is a curse word in an ancient language from her books.

The use would be to describe someone as a b*stard. Which suits me, cause accorindg to the definition in the dictionary, I am a b*stard.

Fin
2008-03-31, 06:34 PM
My name is often interpreted as the whole 'french or end' thing but that was never my intent. Its just that when I play RPing games my fave character name is Finoch Decano called Fin for short and that kinda stuck :smallsmile:

Sneak
2008-03-31, 08:24 PM
Apparently a Sneak is "a person who acts in a stealthy, furtive, or shifty manner" (according to Merriam-Webster) and to sneak is to move stealthily.

Who knew?

Castaras
2008-04-01, 05:20 AM
Castaras.

I was using that name for 8 months.

Curious, I googled myself.

Cástaras is apparently a spanish town.

It is now also the one place I am desperate to go to, just so I can get a picture of Castaras, in Castaras. :smallbiggrin:

Swordguy
2008-04-01, 05:23 AM
No hidden meanings here. I direct fights and stunt work onstage and on film. I play with swords and people pay me for it. Hence: Swordguy.

Closet_Skeleton
2008-04-01, 05:49 AM
Before recieving some rude Private Messages, I had no idea that "skeletons in the closet" or "being in the closet" where common phrases about keeping secrets.

Yeah, April's fools or something...

I'm da Rogue!
2008-04-01, 08:04 AM
Apparently 'Scorpina' is the Italian name for a scorpion fish. Not much of a stretch.

Incidently, my random banter shows up on the first page of a google search for Scorpina. Oh yeah. *dance*
Yep, Scorpina is a name of a poisonous fish in Greece too.

Or the female Scorpion.

reorith
2008-04-01, 08:20 AM
My name has no hidden meanings. Hidden meanings are for manipulative people. What could possibly make you think I'm manipulative? I bet Face of Evil said I was manipulative, didn't he. He always does that sort of thing. It would be good for someone to smite him. I hear you're good at that sort of thing... :smallyuk:

Nope, no hidden meanings. Well, a few times people have mistaken the "Seraph" for "Seph" as in "Sephiroth", but I'm willing to chalk that down to blinding FFVII fanboyism and forgive it.

you would forgive final fantasy 7 fanboyism?

Scatman
2008-04-01, 04:41 PM
This here, is the man who inspired me to make my account name the one of his famous song. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scatman_John) Listen to his songs on Youtube if you will, and I'll hope you see the meaning of them. And this is what the meaning of my screename is. I loved this guy. His songs seemed to just motivate me. R.I.P. Scatman John.

Aereshaa_the_2nd
2008-04-01, 10:53 PM
Well, I made up 'Aereshaa' *gasp* 6 years ago. in my conlang 'Lampadic', it means 'wind runner'. Etym:
'Ae' high seraphic 'air' -> 'Aere' common lampadic 'wind'
'Xau' common demonic 'to hunt' -> 'Cha' common seraphic 'to chase' -> 'Sha' common lampadic 'to run'
hence,
"Shaa Aere" one who runs with the wind
and by the word amalgamation rules of Lampadic,
"Aereshaa"

Okay, so unexpected meanings:
Google: 0
UrbDic: 0

Woohoo! none can steal MY name!

SoD
2008-04-02, 01:16 AM
Well, my name is not designed to be connected to the Start of Darkness, but is actually from my geocaching name, The Shadow of Darkness. Eventually, the local geocaching lot started contracting it to SoD, and when I signed up here, I couldn't fit The Shadow of Darkness on for my screen name.

Oh, and it seems that Stormtroopers of Death, more commonly known as S.O.D., formed in New York in 1985.

Lorn
2008-04-02, 01:26 AM
Generic online name taken from a book.

Yay.

endoperez
2008-04-02, 01:58 AM
I chose "endoperez" about 7 or 8 years ago, when Runescape was "cool" in the lower grades of my school and I decided to try it out. I wanted a name that wasn't just "ImCoolerU" or "Badgyuy4949", so I tried different combinations until I got something which I thought didn't mean anything.

I later realized that the usenet group I had been reading had a regular whose surname was Perez, and that it is a common surname. Later still, I realized that "endo" is greek for "inside", such as endoskeleton (the opposite of exoskeleton), and then was inspired to look for perez and similar things, and found out that "pereas" is latin for "you die".

So my name means that I'll die inside, or I'm inside (==the reason for ) my death, or something similar.

de-trick
2008-04-02, 09:43 AM
turns out im fort detrick a U.S army medical base, looking on the wiki page it says that I created HIV

see my fort http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Detrick

Count D20
2008-04-03, 01:27 AM
...eww. Certain implications came to mind, none of which were very appetizing. >.<

*puts sunshine and flowers and puppies and kitties in a bag of holding* :smallwink:

NOOOO! There's no air in a bag of holding!:smallwink:

Zincorium
2008-04-05, 06:33 AM
Apparently, my screen name is some sort of weird mineral/alloy (there's almost no information on the web as to what it actually is), but I just kind of made it up one day.

I do proudly lay claim to almost all the google results for it.

Caracol
2008-04-05, 07:04 AM
I choosed my username because my current character is a fire genasi sorceror, and I wanted something similar to "Coal", and I came up with this.

My surprise was to found that Caracol means "snail" in spanish.

Irenaeus
2008-04-05, 07:30 AM
Hmmm..... *Looks up at his screen name*
http://www.photosight.org/up/2007/04/17/57516.jpg
A brand of Norwegian carbonated beverage.

My name is often interpreted as the whole 'french or end' thing but that was never my intent. Its just that when I play RPing games my fave character name is Finoch Decano called Fin for short and that kinda stuck :smallsmile:You aren't Finnish?

Edit: My screenname does not have any meaning that I was not aware of when I created it.

FriskyDingo
2008-04-05, 01:29 PM
I was watching TV while trying to create some sort of screen name that wasn't already taken, and a commercial happened to come on that said "Put the frisky in your dingo." Which made me laugh, and so my screen name it became!

It wasn't until later that I realized the commercial was for some Adult Swim cartoon that I'd never heard of or seen o_O

Cobra_Ikari
2008-04-05, 01:51 PM
I was watching TV while trying to create some sort of screen name that wasn't already taken, and a commercial happened to come on that said "Put the frisky in your dingo." Which made me laugh, and so my screen name it became!

It wasn't until later that I realized the commercial was for some Adult Swim cartoon that I'd never heard of or seen o_O

...*giggles*...very nice! :P

...oh, and welcome. *hugs*

Neithan
2008-04-05, 03:06 PM
Everyone with knowledge knows what mine means.

My AIM screen name, phonetically, means "Scram you jerk" in German. I think.
Somehow I guess you knew that beforehand. :smallbiggrin:

I didn't know that Neith was an egyp godess of victory or something like that.

eex
2008-04-05, 03:43 PM
eex doesn't mean anything... which is understandable I guess.

My other name, that I use on pretty much anything except here is "Exoid" and Urban Dictionary has two entries... One is made by some namestealer and the other is just mean...

Eurus
2008-04-05, 04:17 PM
Well, I'm a sucker for Greek Mythology, so obviously the name Eurus has its origins there. Eurus was one of the Greek Anemoi (wind spirits) representing the east wind. So, no real originality there. ^_^

TheDarkDM
2008-04-06, 05:21 PM
My SN was chosen less to reflect a meaning and more to reflect my style of DM'ing.

Example:

Me: You shatter the evil idol, revealing the portal to the abyss in its heart. As you watch, a blood red stream of energy bursts through and goes towards Inigo. Roll a Reflex save.
Inigo: Um...18?
Me: You fail, and the blast of pure hate hits you square in the chest, dealing...56 points of damage.

He dropped to -20ish hp.

They were third level.

I realize I have balance issues :smallamused:

Cheesegear
2008-04-07, 12:38 AM
My SN was originally given to me by a friend of mine. It was originally just 'Cheese'. Because of something I said in High School. With my love for and electronics/computers and 'gear', I naturally evolved into Cheesegear. Nothing too complicated.

Also, works in most games if/when I choose the most overpowered/unfair stuff. Thus it equals me having 'cheesy' gear.