PDA

View Full Version : Facebookers In The Playground

Rare Pink Leech
2008-03-27, 06:53 PM
So the other day I finally gave into peer pressure and created a Facebook account. Mostly because I'm doing a group project for school and the other four members want to communicate over Facebook, but I still caved after refusing to get one for a long time. All my friends have one and I live in a city where everyone under 30 (at lots of people over 30) are supposed to have one, so I'm impressed I held out this long.

Anyway, how many people in the playground are on Facebook? Anyone addicted? Hate it with a passion? Never been to the site?

Shas aia Toriia
2008-03-27, 07:04 PM
I have a facebook account, but rarely go there.

RTGoodman
2008-03-27, 07:08 PM
I got a Facebook a long time ago, before they got super popular. Like, back in Spring 2005 or so. I used it a bit then, and then wasn't that active. Now that a lot of my friends, new and old, are on it, I use it quite a bit.

Though I hate all those freakin' applications that people invite me to. :smallfurious:

Also, if you're feeling stalkerish, several people joined the I Want to Join the Order of the Stick (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204836969) group and listed their forum names. Even if you're not stalkerish, at least show your support by joining the group!

Glaivemaster
2008-03-27, 08:15 PM
I've been on Facebook for a while, and I quite enjoy it. It's so useful for spying on the people who put all their details on there. I'm probably a little addicted to it though, I should really stop checking it so often and for no reason

Penguinsushi
2008-03-27, 08:22 PM
i'm not much of a fan of the so-called 'social-networking' sites, but i joined facebook because i like to place scrabble. :smallbiggrin:

there's also a facebook group called 'playgrounders on facebook'...

~PS

Brickwall
2008-03-27, 08:31 PM
I Facebook, but I'm not really addicted. I see it as a tool, not an activity. Granted, sometimes it's a tool for being silly.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-03-27, 09:04 PM
i'm not much of a fan of the so-called 'social-networking' sites, but i joined facebook because i like to place scrabble. :smallbiggrin:

there's also a facebook group called 'playgrounders on facebook'...

~PS

...I'd be the creator of that group. *nods*

...so, yeah.

valadil
2008-03-27, 09:05 PM
I have an account and I hate it. In theory it keeps you up to date with people, but really it just shows what applications are popular this hour. I don't quite hate it enough to delete the account (which I hear is overcomplicated) but I'm getting close.

Skippy
2008-03-27, 09:09 PM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/facebook.png
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/couple.png

I have a Facebook account, too. I find it to be a funny thing, but not at all useful. I only use it to give away fortune cookies (With the "in bed" mode on, of course) and answer Flixster quizes. But that's it.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-03-27, 09:36 PM
...I'd be the creator of that group. *nods*

...so, yeah.

>>
I have Cobra on my friends list!
:smallbiggrin:

Mauve Shirt
2008-03-27, 09:41 PM
I have a MyFace!
I also made a MyFace for a dead German WWI aviator!

Ooo a group! *joins*

Brickwall
2008-03-27, 09:43 PM
Ah, yes, I should probably mention that I'm Facebook married to GLaDOS. FYI.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-03-27, 09:44 PM
>>
I have Cobra on my friends list!
:smallbiggrin:

...so you do! *pokes*

...this automatically gets you awesome points. *hugs* :smallwink:

Mauve Shirt
2008-03-27, 09:47 PM
I'm totally adding Cobra to my friends list.

Lyesmith
2008-03-28, 03:00 AM
Oh! I joined!
Yay, Facebook!

Agamid
2008-03-28, 06:06 AM
A have a facebook.
I generally just play the Might Boosh Trivia game on it, but it's surprisingly useful for staying in touch with or reconnecting with people, and it seems to be the only place i can contact my cousin since she moved to Canberra...

Cobra_Ikari
2008-03-28, 06:13 AM
...those of you with facebook...join my group? >.>

...or add me?

...or both? *hugs*

Pwenet
2008-03-28, 07:57 AM
Scary thing - Last night someone I semi-knew from my high school days (7 years ago give or take) sent me a message out of the blue. She is trying to organize a surprise retirement party for a old coach and stalked me down.

So yes I use facebook. Will I reveal my account information to you all?

Maybe

B-Man
2008-03-28, 10:20 AM
I've always wondered what this Bookface website that everyone has been preaching about, so I entered the site to be faced with this interesting pop-up:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i36/bman777/denied.png

I pressed cancel and received this page (spoilered for size, beware potential screen-stretchiness):
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/1834/unauthorisedtc5.png

So, what exactly is this Bookface site that's been preached 'til next millennia? :smallconfused:

I jest, I know perfectly well what the Bookface site is. I've merely blocked the site in the hosts file to prevent people using my laptop to access said site. So, for those who have tried to use my laptop to access Bookface, I'm terribly sorry but you cannot. :P

Lucky
2008-03-28, 02:30 PM
So, for those who have tried to use my laptop to access Bookface, I'm terribly sorry but you cannot. :P

Well, that's fair enough, but did have to block the access for your nuclear armada too? I had a hell of a time trying to steal that.

And to say something even slightly relevant to the thread, I will tell you that I do, in fact, have Facebook, and no, you will never know what it is.

Ranna
2008-03-31, 06:11 AM
oo im a facebooker and Its ruined my life...500+ photos of me looking rubbish on the internet for all and sundry to enjoy..just great!

however I shall join both groups that have been mentioned in this thread...i like to look like i have interests after all :) but im not about to say who i am just yet :D

Ossian
2008-03-31, 08:39 AM
Welcome to the club! I find it neat, and it has effective photobrowsing options. All the apps are pretty lame, and hardly ever use them unless it's with someone else and we have tons of time to waste.

Nah, it didn't ruin my life in the slightest, and it's a good photoblog.

Ossian

Sneak
2008-03-31, 08:42 AM
I have a facebook, but I don't usually go there or do anything there. I mainly just check it every week or so, give or take a few weeks, accept all the good requests I have (mainly friend requests and some groups, I hate all those stupid app requests), and leave.

Player_Zero
2008-03-31, 03:07 PM
I used to have a facebook account, but after I'd added the couple of acquaintances I had and done all the quizzes I could find I realised that since I don't have a social life there really is little point in me using a social networking website.

I did score 50/50 on the IQ test though. That was good.

Scorpina
2008-03-31, 07:25 PM
I have a facebook account, but rarely go there.

Snap!:smallbiggrin:

SDF
2008-03-31, 07:35 PM
I have all kinds of facebook... It helps me keep in touch with my distant friends. I don't really add my interblahrgs buddies though (cept for amotis cause he uses my butt as a means of transportation)

Shas aia Toriia
2008-03-31, 07:49 PM
Snap!:smallbiggrin:

Shock-horror! Somebody with facebook that isn't addicted!! :smalleek: :smalltongue:

Mr. Moon
2008-03-31, 08:17 PM
Facebook, eh? (http://kris-wilson.deviantart.com/art/New-74178489)

skywalker
2008-04-02, 01:26 AM
Facebook, eh? (http://kris-wilson.deviantart.com/art/New-74178489)

That was funny.

I have a facebook, altho I'm not particularly ready to join the group, because I'm not prepared to advertise to thousands(including potential SOs) that I read OOTS, or that I post on a nerd site. I told my last girlfriend I edited wikipedia on occasion and she freaked, so...

I will add you tho, Ikari, if you really want.

EDIT: Also, pertinent information to the discussion, I definitely am on facebook a lot, I use it to keep up with my friends and post info about myself, that I hope my friends are just as interested in as I am in theirs. If that made any sense...

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-02, 06:43 AM
I for one have facebook, and I do not check it regularly but it is neat to see some GitP people have faces instead of just avatars.

de-trick
2008-04-03, 05:28 PM
i have one, but it hasn't seen daylight since the beginning of fall

Lianae
2008-04-03, 05:59 PM
*cough* Crackbook *cough*

I also have a facebook, I use it a lot to keep in touch with friends who are overseas and interstate. I hate all those stupid application invitations though, I just got rid of most of my requests and I still have 88 more. :smallannoyed:

bosssmiley
2008-04-05, 07:55 AM
I have one so no-one can ID-squat it. :smallannoyed: