PDA

View Full Version : Good News

feghoot
2008-03-27, 10:56 PM
I've been feeling kind of down lately, so I thought I'd start this thread to cheer myself and others up. The idea is simple, just write down one good thing that happened to you today, or something that you heard about that cheered you up.

I'll start things off. The father of a friend of mine was in a car accident, but everyone was ok. He didn't even need to go to the hospital from what I hear.

loopy
2008-03-27, 11:09 PM
Youth group is on tonight. Being a leader and a friend to the girls is the highlight of my otherwise miserable and deceit-filled life. :smallbiggrin:

...Now if only the younger ones would stop falling for me. :smalleek:

Shraik
2008-03-27, 11:12 PM
Sounds like a good idea.

I get to see Spamalot after last times incident

Leper_Kahn
2008-03-27, 11:19 PM
Sounds like a good idea.

I get to see Spamalot after last times incident

Hey! I saw that. It's pretty good.

Syka
2008-03-27, 11:25 PM
I got free food? And...um, yeah, some stuff I'm not sure I'm allowed to mention here (but I got it free through a campus group so it's not too bad...I just don't want to get in trouble). Free stuff is always good. As long as it's not disease. :)

Cheers,
Syka

feghoot
2008-03-27, 11:33 PM
Youth group is on tonight. Being a leader and a friend to the girls is the highlight of my otherwise miserable and deceit-filled life. :smallbiggrin:

...Now if only the younger ones would stop falling for me. :smalleek:

Just bring a stick.

Also, you can't go wrong with spam-a-lot and free food.

Haruki-kun
2008-03-27, 11:42 PM
Feghoot, I gotta say, I find this thread to be a great idea. :smallsmile:

OK. Today was a hard day but several good things happened. After an hour of desperately searching for an important document I needed for tomorrow, I finally found the link to print it out. Also, I think I did well in my recent exams. (even though one of them was really complicated).

thubby
2008-03-27, 11:59 PM
i finished one of my high school courses early so now i have even more free time!
got a new army of good books.
got to lvl 61 in wow

RTGoodman
2008-03-28, 12:11 AM
Good news, everyone! I've taught the toaster to feel love! Wait... nevermind. This apparently isn't a thread about Futurama. :smalltongue:

In other news, it turns out that the paper I was worried about having to write by Monday (while also being out of town until late Sunday night) only has to be 500-750 words (so about 2 to 3 pages), which I can knock out in an hour or two!

Also, in other other good news, I'm going to see Chuck Mangione in concert Saturday night. It "Feels So Good!"

Em Blackleaf
2008-03-28, 12:23 AM
Uhmm... why is it that when asked for good news, I instantly think of bad news? Is there something wrong with me? :smallconfused:

Okay, okay, I don't know if this counts as "good news", but I Googled my username (for that thread over there *points*) and I found a whole bunch of old posts here from myself and others, and it made me all nostalgic. :smallsmile:

I can easily get more hugs from people in one school day than Krimm, which is cool because that's even when he's wearing a "Free Hugs" shirt. :smallbiggrin:

Baerdog7
2008-03-28, 12:35 AM
Today I suppose I got a better grade on my math test than I thought I would.

Sensate
2008-03-28, 01:49 AM
After skipping dinner and feeling dreadfully tired this morning, I found strength within me to persevere and do my cardio training anyway. Now I feel a bit proud of myself as I'm eating a bowl of oatmeal.

Dispozition
2008-03-28, 02:43 AM
Errr...Good thing...Ummm...

I...Spent money? No, that's bad, I have little to none left now...Errr, wasted more of my life watching anime? No, that's bad too...

Nope, my day was full of negatives :D...Unless you count the 15 hour sleep...That might be a good one...yeah, that's good!

Jae
2008-03-28, 02:55 AM
The goal seems all too familiar... :smallamused:

Hmmmm. Something good from today...my mommy said she was proud of me!
haha okay that was lame. but rly..

I gained some perspective. Im feeling a little less anxious, in that. But I'm also questioning things I wasn't questioning before, about myself. It is both a pleasant change and a rather horrifying one.

BUT WHOSE TO SAY :smallamused:

Totally Guy
2008-03-28, 03:35 AM
And...um, yeah, some stuff I'm not sure I'm allowed to mention here (but I got it free through a campus group so it's not too bad...I just don't want to get in trouble). Free stuff is always good. As long as it's not disease. :)

Heh, that reminds me of my last Uni visit I made. They gave me some free condoms and asked if I wanted a free Chlamydia test.

I asked if they were "taking the piss". And they were! They had a lab and everything.:smalltongue:

DarkLightDragon
2008-03-28, 03:38 AM
Weekend! Freedom! Sleeping In!

Nimuialwing
2008-03-28, 05:24 AM
Good news, hm... I did that google username too and my website was on top, even though it's not open for public, so that is good.
Another good thing is that I decided to come out of just lurking on this forum.
Oh, and another good thing is that the spambots haven't defiled my weblog with spam yet, at least for today.

So, I guess that is all good news :smallsmile:

Emperor Ing
2008-03-28, 06:18 AM
>_> <_<
no bad news in sight for me. :smallsmile: :smallconfused:

Phase
2008-03-28, 06:31 AM
Good Grief I've had a long week.

TGIF

Thank Grapes It's Friday!

Cobra_Ikari
2008-03-28, 06:31 AM
...I passed an exam with 40 points higher than the second highest grade? Which is resulting in people confronting the teacher about his awful teaching method?

...I don't know that that's really a good thing for me, but it'd be nice if it means that the rest of the class can pass, too...

Lolzords
2008-03-28, 07:09 AM
My mum left last night to go to trainign for her job so she won't be around til 8:00pm saturday night.

I'm not an arse, but "house to myself" woo.

Totally Guy
2008-03-28, 08:31 AM
Good news, I made a post in June 2007 that turned out to be right. See sig.

valadil
2008-03-28, 09:51 AM
A friend I hadn't spoken to in a while just contacted me to offer up spare tickets to a concert tonight that I couldn't get tickets for on my own.

Pwenet
2008-03-28, 10:43 AM
Good News!

For $25 each I found the perfect frames for the prints that arrived. Better yet the lady at the store framed the prints for me there without charging additional money. Even better the frames and the prints look GREAT together.

Better news - I recovered from CurlyKitGirl attack on me last night.

Telonius
2008-03-28, 11:47 AM
Woohoo tax return! I might actually be able to afford the 4e books now.

Glaivemaster
2008-03-28, 11:55 AM
Good news: I asked the girl I like out for lunch and she said yes. Bad news is I'm not sure if she realises it's a date or if she thinks it's just a friendly thing. I'll have to confirm that some time. It's a good starting point though

Also good news: I got to see some people who I hadn't seen for a while today and had a laugh. Bad news we didn't really spend long together and the person I most wanted to see left after only an hour

Oh well, there's always some bad mixed with the good

Arioch
2008-03-28, 12:01 PM
I got the marks back for my final piece of GCSE coursework today - now I have no more extra work, only the exams! Even better, I got an A*, meaning I have almost 25% of my English GSCE mark in the bank already. :smallbiggrin:

Quincunx
2008-03-28, 12:03 PM
Good news: I finished decorating some envelopes to fill with tea bags and send to friends. (Try it! Tea is light and inexpensive to send.)

Bad news: I have lost, when the last HD fried I would guess, the addresses I meant to send those envelopes to.

Zakama
2008-03-28, 12:42 PM
I'm spending the night on a restored WW2 submarine tonight! Woohoo!

FireFox
2008-03-28, 01:05 PM
@^ I know which one, is it your first time on that sub?

truemane
2008-03-28, 01:25 PM
Well, I got a raise that I didn't ask for, completely our of the blue. Good times.

And last night my writing went obscenely well. I wrote over three-thousand words in just over an hour. I thought the word counter was broken. So I finsihed a Chapter two full days before I thought I would.

:smallcool:

Zakama
2008-03-28, 03:04 PM
@^ I know which one, is it your first time on that sub?

O_o

Is it...
The USS Cobia?
Yes it is my first time, and how do you know that? Have you been on it or did I blab it somewhere?

EDIT: After a little stalking, my suspicions are confirmed, you live about 80 miles from me. I abide in Madison.

Telonius
2008-03-28, 03:08 PM
Mrs. Tel just got a job interview! Two pieces of good news in one day now. Hope I'm not stealing mojo from anybody...

reorith
2008-03-28, 03:15 PM
i got paid today, so i purchased a toothbrush.

FireFox
2008-03-28, 03:22 PM
O_o

Is it...
The USS Cobia?
Yes it is my first time, and how do you know that? Have you been on it or did I blab it somewhere?

EDIT: After a little stalking, my suspicions are confirmed, you live about 80 miles from me. I abide in Madison.

Heh, I have been on it twice, and plan on going back. There is only the one WWII sub in WI, so it wasn't that hard a guess :smalltongue:

feghoot
2008-03-28, 06:09 PM
Today I unlocked a new fighter in SSB:brawl. I think that that was the last character.

Edit: nope, still need to get wolf.

Moff Chumley
2008-03-28, 06:16 PM
After picking up a guitar for the fifth (?) time, I jammed for two hours with my friends. I didn't play guitar the whole time, (and this is the best part), I got to use a Continuum! (I.E. keyboard dork's wet dream).

Mr. Moon
2008-03-28, 06:24 PM
I got a free sandwich from a friend, and got to try some Japanese candies. Did you know that they sell cherry flavored kitkat bars for the Sakura festival? They're so good... ^_^

Da King
2008-03-28, 09:42 PM
I finished my first two squads of Imperial Guardsmen for 40k.

Hell Puppi
2008-03-29, 03:17 AM
I fancy myself as a bit of a wine lover, but I'm pretty poor.
For 3 years I wanted this one wine, but it was a bit out of my price range.
When I was able to afford the wine, I couldn't find it, i thought it had run out.

Finally found it two days ago

3 years of wanting, 2 years of searching, and now I'm drinking it :smallbiggrin:

EmeraldRose
2008-03-29, 08:35 AM
Today is our little spawn's 5th birthday. :smallbiggrin:

We're hopefully going to be moving to our new house next weekend.

I have a very large mug of coffee (as the aforementioned spawn was wide awake at 6:15, due to it being his brithday :smallwink: )

Felixaar
2008-03-30, 06:18 AM
Good news, everyone! I've taught the toaster to feel love! Wait... nevermind. This apparently isn't a thread about Futurama. :smalltongue:

Beat me to the quote. You magnificent bastard.

Uh... good things... well, I got three croissants cause we cooked too many (and they tasted delicious), I've got my weekend now (monday-tuesday) and I'm playing my (currently) favourite music.

edit- @^ I can't help but wonder if my parents ever called me their spawn. Rest assured I shall do so to my hypothetical (and unfortunate) children.

feghoot
2008-03-30, 12:06 PM
Yesterday I got together with my friends and had a BBQ. When I came home I won a heroic victory in Rome: total war on hard difficulty.

Here's a tip boys and girls, don't march your hoplites up a steep hill whilst under heavy fire. :smallbiggrin:

Sensate
2008-03-30, 12:34 PM
Alas, I was lazy and I hadn't studied much today. But, otherwise I had a pretty relaxing day: I read about a hundred of OotS comics (I'm catching up), had a nice walk, had some tasty food etc. You might call that day pretty standard, but it's a good day in my book nevertheless.

feghoot
2008-03-31, 05:14 PM
Today I ate tacos. :smallsmile:

Susil
2008-03-31, 05:26 PM
Kudos for the thread idea... It's kinda cool to think back over the day and find some good news to relate, makes you look for the positives!

Hm, thinking... I know, I went out and played badminton with my flatmates, getting me the first real exercise I've had in, well, too long, put it that way. :smallamused:

Sensate
2008-04-01, 09:20 AM
Today I ate tacos. :smallsmile:

Me too! What a great day :smallbiggrin: .

feghoot
2008-04-02, 04:47 PM
Yesterday I was really sick, but today I'm feeling much better

Vaynor
2008-04-02, 06:26 PM
Yesterday I was really sick, but today I'm feeling much better

From the tacos?

Cobra_Ikari
2008-04-02, 06:42 PM
From the tacos?

On a related note, I just ate tacos. Mmm, breakfast at 8 PM.

...I need to start eating more often. >.>

feghoot
2008-04-03, 04:08 PM
From the tacos?

Nah, it was a virus that's been going around.

Today I ate some solid food and played SSB on my wii.

Susil
2008-04-03, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I could go for some tacos right now....

I got a nice check for £70 cashed into my account today, yay... beers all round!

It should be mentioned that as a stundent money going IN to my account has somewhat of a novelty value to it...

Gem Flower
2008-04-03, 04:24 PM
I did REALLY bad on my music test, but today we got this awesome easy music project that's worth 60% of my mark! Yay!!!!!

Player_Zero
2008-04-03, 04:49 PM
Nah, it was a virus that's been going around.

Today I ate some solid food and played SSB on my wii.

Since this is a good news thread I won't say anything about my hatred of any particular delay which may or may not have anything to do with the Europe release day of Brawl...

Instead I'll just say that today I performed great deeds of mathematical import. Who knew that inverse hyperbolic integrals could be so easily expressed or that Newton's improved numerical method of determining the function of an equation from its differential equation was just as simple as expressing the differential in terms of a power series... :smallsmile:

I also won a game of mario kart.

Glaivemaster
2008-04-03, 06:02 PM
My friend who I haven't talked to properly in a while signed online, so hopefully we can finally catch up

Sensate
2008-04-04, 04:15 PM
One rather difficult task is behind me now - I have passed the Organic Chemistry test; only 2/3s left to finish off this exam.

Castaras
2008-04-04, 04:29 PM
I've spent yet another day being able to talk to someone I love. That's good enough news for me. :smallsmile:

The Rose Dragon
2008-04-04, 04:32 PM
I've learned that I'm, in fact, not a spineless antisocial coward. That's a good thing, right?

Zar Peter
2008-04-04, 04:37 PM
I bought me a new pair of Inline Skates today so I can show my kids how to drive with them (my first pair broke together after I didn't use them for about 10 years)

Glaivemaster
2008-04-04, 05:13 PM
Went out for a friend's brithday meal and had a laugh.

Also, managed to walk into the local game store and pick up a copy of the new Dark Heresy supplement (the third time I've managed to coincidentally be around town on the day that something I've really been looking forward to is released when I didn't know it would be)

Darius Midnite
2008-04-04, 05:15 PM
What a neat idea this thread is. I sold a painting today, for a nice amount of money too. That should keep me going for a while. Time to work on all the other orders.

Aereshaa_the_2nd
2008-04-04, 05:39 PM
I started a new game today! (making one, not playing:smallbiggrin: )

SilentNight
2008-04-04, 05:45 PM
The band I'm in got into the Monteray Jazz festival. woot:smallsmile: . Umm, not much else, I'm a little depressed at myself right now.:smallfrown:

Vuzzmop
2008-04-04, 06:26 PM
Ummmmmm, yeah.

I....just had a bagel?

I guess good stuff is about to happen. My comedy band Cactus Inc are part of a schoolwide competition on monday. One step closer to world domination! And then destruction. Maybe some heart breaking, I just don't feel that into it at the mo.:smalleek:

Jimp
2008-04-04, 07:27 PM
Today I ate a delicious bagel. I hope to eat another delicious bagel tomorrow too.

Sucrose
2008-04-04, 07:56 PM
I've managed to put in a half hour at the gym today, which has increased my Miles total for the Walk Kansas program. Also, I thought that I had lost my homework for my chemical engineering course, but managed to find it just in time to turn it in! I spent hours on that sucker, so I'm very glad to get credit for it.

Today's actually been pretty great, once I count my blessings; this thread is really a wonderful thing.:smallsmile:

bibliophile
2008-04-04, 09:59 PM
Good news? I don't have a reason to be sad!

feghoot
2008-04-05, 11:13 AM
Yesterday my internet was down, so I watched Dial M for Murder for the first time. Two thumbs up.

Edit: Also, I thank you all for your feedback, its really cheered me up. :smallsmile:

Sensate
2008-04-05, 12:22 PM
In about an hour from now I'll be going to Pizza Hut with my best friend for a dinner/catching-up convo. That qualifies as good news.

feghoot
2008-04-05, 07:49 PM
Today I watched An Evening With Kevin Smith.

Zarrexaij
2008-04-05, 08:44 PM
I saw A Clockwork Orange for the first time yesterday. I was so interested in seeing the movie because I loved the novella. Well, it was real horrorshow.

In other words:

OMG. IT WAS ****ING AWESOME. BEST MOVIE EVER.

I'm glad I'm going to get it for my birthday- at least I hope.

Another on the brightside is that I'm almost done with a painting I need to finish for AP Studio Art. All my paintings are due the 9th.

hobbes543
2008-04-05, 09:56 PM
My mom finally hung up :smallcool:

Nychta
2008-04-05, 10:17 PM
This thread sounds great.

Today, I got in contact with an old friend, and spent about 3 hours on the phone... we had a really good chat.

Sucrose
2008-04-05, 10:25 PM
I managed to get through a full chapter of thermodynamics homework today, putting me a good week ahead of my class; this is especially good, as traditionally, I don't bother very much with homework that I don't need to turn in.

Quincunx
2008-04-06, 12:04 PM
I've drawn out two shakes of the death-rattle from the loving throat. Good work from my own don't you think?

SilentNight
2008-04-06, 08:37 PM
My band took second place at the aforementioned Monterey Jazz festival.:smallbiggrin:

feghoot
2008-04-06, 11:09 PM
Today I spent some time with my brother.

Haruki-kun
2008-04-06, 11:16 PM
I had a good weekend, overall. :smallsmile:

And the game I'm gonna run in SMBG Forum seems like it's off to a good start. :smallbiggrin:

Also, I've been getting better at making stick figures. Which sounds sorta weird out of context. XD

Sucrose
2008-04-06, 11:25 PM
I've begun work on my lab notebook for Analytical Chemistry lab, and finished my report in the same subject that's due this Tuesday. Also, I got to talk with my parents today, and that's always nice.:smallsmile:

BizzaroStormy
2008-04-06, 11:32 PM
Lets see, good news... ... ...spring break, oh wait, ankle break as well,... *Cries*

Nychta
2008-04-08, 08:32 PM
I'm almost over my cold.

And you guys made me smile.

feghoot
2008-04-08, 09:07 PM
New Oots today!

lumberofdabeast
2008-04-10, 11:14 AM
I beat Green Grass and High Tides (Hard Drums) on my first attempt, with over 400,000 points. 98% notes hit, 600-something note streak. My leg wasn't even sore at the end of it all.

My current MSN display name reflects this.

Mooch
2008-04-10, 11:57 AM
My RC airplane will be finished tonight.

xPANCAKEx
2008-04-10, 12:21 PM
i finally conquered a route at the climbing wall thats been giving me hassle for the last 3 weeks

Kjata
2008-04-12, 07:28 PM
I just ran a 5 30 mile. Hell yeah.