PDA

View Full Version : Artificers and creation costs?

Madmal
2008-03-28, 12:12 AM
Well, it's the first time i've been trying to play an Artificer, and doing my equipment levele by level to not let go to waste the crafting reerve of the former levels (starting at lvl 5) but since i'm a little unfamiliar with the item creation rules, so far it has been a confusing experience.

For example: a scroll of Golem strike= 12.5x1(spell level)x1(Caster level)= 12.5 gp, and i f i have the Extraordinary artisan feat, it would be reduced to 9.375 (rounded up to 9.38 Gp) plus the 1 exp. Is this correct?

also, the Artificer caster level counts as +2 to meet item prerequisites, does this applies to the creation cost? (if so, the Golem strike scroll would cost 37.5 gp plus 1 exp)

also, since i'm the topic: how much exp do you spend when creating +1 armor (with or without any abilities)?

this questions probably belong to the simple Q&A thread, but they didn't seemed so simple for me :smalltongue: if this was so, my apologies.

Squash Monster
2008-03-28, 12:22 AM
Assuming I know what I'm talking about:

The +2 caster level is only to meet prerequisites, it does not effect the actual caster level of the item. For level one spells, it doesn't mean anything.

However, if you decided to scroll a second level spell (requires CL 3, which you have), then you would get 12.5 * 2 (spell level) * 1 (caster level) instead of the appropriately leveled regular caster's 12.5*2*3.

RandomLunatic
2008-03-28, 12:32 AM
Well, it's the first time i've been trying to play an Artificer, and doing my equipment levele by level to not let go to waste the crafting reerve of the former levels (starting at lvl 5) but since i'm a little unfamiliar with the item creation rules, so far it has been a confusing experience.

For example: a scroll of Golem strike= 12.5x1(spell level)x1(Caster level)= 12.5 gp, and i f i have the Extraordinary artisan feat, it would be reduced to 9.375 (rounded up to 9.38 Gp) plus the 1 exp. Is this correct?

Yes.

also, the Artificer caster level counts as +2 to meet item prerequisites, does this applies to the creation cost? (if so, the Golem strike scroll would cost 37.5 gp plus 1 exp)

Yes and No. With Item Creation, an Artificier can create items normally only possible by a character with a CL two above his. So, an Artificier uses either the item's minimum CL or his own, whichever is higher, to determine the cost.

Also note this ability does not actually allow the Artificier to actually increse his CL-he can make scrolls of Fireball at 3rd level, but they will be CL 3 Fireballs, dealing 3d6 damage at a range of 520 feet.

also, since i'm the topic: how much exp do you spend when creating +1 armor (with or without any abilities)?

It depends on whether or not you add abilities-like all other magic items, its costs XP equal to 1/25th of the cost of it magic enhancements. So a simple +1 enhancement will cost you 40 XP. +1 Heavy Fortification Armor (Market price 36K) will set you back 1,440 XP.