PDA

View Full Version : Persevering Servant of Ilmater (PRC, edit: +PEACH)

Vandin
2008-03-28, 02:10 AM
Fair warning: I'm rather new to the whole D&D shabang, much less DMing. Anyhow, one of my players wanted a class similar to the RSoP, but with less of an undead focus, and more of a Ilmater-healingy focus. I dropped the enhanced turning, and turn progression, fleshed out the healing a tad.

Is it overpowered? Underpowered? It seems okay to me, but as I said, not experienced enough to know :D

Er, also. As I'm not entirely sure on the rules, the abilities I shamelessly stole from the RSoP aren't detailed, just mentioned.

Persevering Servant of Ilmater
Requirements
Alignment: any Good.
Base Save Bonus: Will +5
Skills: Heal 5 ranks.
Feat: Any healing augmenting, such as Augment Healing, Healing Devotion, or similar.
Spells: Able to cast 1st-level divine spells and access to the Healing domain.
Special: Must have Ilmater as patron deity, and have experienced the 'Transference of Agony' at least one time.

Hit Dice: d6

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+0|
+2|
+0|
+2|Swift healing 1/day, Transference of agony|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+0|
+3|Damage reduction 1/-, Empower healing|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class

3rd|
+2|
+3|
+1|
+3|Aura of warding|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class

4th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+4|Swift healing 2/day|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class

5th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+4|Bonus domain|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class

6th|
+4|
+5|
+2|
+5|Maximize healing|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class

7th|
+5|
+5|
+2|
+5|--|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class

8th|
+6|
+6|
+2|
+6|Positive energy burst|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class

9th|
+6|
+6|
+3|
+6|Damage reduction 2/-|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class

10th|
+7|
+7|
+3|
+7|Supreme healing|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class [/table]

Class Features

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Persevering Servants of Ilmater are proficient with all simple and martial weapons, with all armor, and with shields.

Spells per Day/Spells Known: (As base divine class)

Transference of Agony (Su): Whenever a Persevering Servant of Ilmater is conscious and any living being within Close range that is not openly hostile to him has taken enough damage to send them unconscious or worse, he must succeed on a DC 10 + Persevering Servant of Ilmater level Will save*, or take the full effects (damage, as well as any secondary effects, such as poison) into his own body. However, the recipient of the transference still feels some of the lingering pain of the blow which would have struck them down, and they take an equal amount of non-lethal damage. *As with any other save, you may fail this willingly.

Swift Healing: Beginning at 1st level, the Persevering Servant of Ilmater may cast one spell from the Healing Domain (be it a prepared spell, a prepared domain spell, or a spontaneously cast spell) each day as a swift action, so long as the casting time of the spell is 1 standard action or less. A second daily use of this ability is gained at 4th level.

Damage Reduction (Ex): Due to their familiarity with pain and suffering, the Persevering Servant of Ilmater gains damage reduction 1/- at 2nd level. At 9th level, this damage reduction increases to 2/-.

Empower Healing (Ex): As RSoP.

Aura of Warding (Su): As RSoP.

Bonus Domain: A Persevering Servant of Ilmater who reaches 5th level is granted another of Ilmater's domains as a third cleric domain, or he can choose the Protection or Renewal domain. He can use the granted power of the new domain, and he can choose from the spell lists of three domains when selecting his domain spells for the day.

Maximize Healing (Ex): As RSoP.

Positive Energy Burst (Su): As a standard action, a Persevering Servant of Ilmater who is at least 8th level can create a positive energy burst that heals 1d6 points of damage per class level to all allied, living creatures within 100 feet of the character. This supernatural ability uses up two turning attempts.

Supreme Healing (Ex): As RSoP.

So! Thoughts? Especially regarding Transference; I realize its pretty powerful, but I think it comes with a fairly balancing downside. Since it may seem somewhat illogical of a requirement, an explanation: I had designed it as a 'stand-alone' ability which the cleric in my campaign would be gaining as a result of his pious-healyness, and and he experienced it shortly before asking about a RSoP-reflavoring. I imagine similar could happen if anyone wanted to steal it for their own use :D

Oh, and, my handling of the empower/maximize/supreme healing abilities is: works on any spell that exists in the Healing Domain, regardless of it being cast as a domain spell or not. For balance, I restricted it to living allies only (No undead, in other words).

Vandin
2008-03-29, 01:46 AM
I added the PEACH tag in the hopes of rustling up some sexy feedback :D

Anyhow, I realize it's quite a lot of possible healing power encased in one class, but, from my point of view, healing is at the far end of the game-breaking spectrum. I mean, sure, no one is at quite as much risk of dying, but that's one person that isn't Power Attacking, or raining destruction/web from the heavens.

Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems like battles feel more a bit more epic if I can actually have my enemies do damage to more than one person, and a good bit of damage at that. Could be too much time spent playing MMOs, or maybe I'd feel differently if people were readying actions to trip chargers or the like, but I can work with what I've got. :smallsmile: