PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetically....

Cuddly
2008-03-28, 03:35 AM
Alright, so it's not a hypothetical.

I was at the College's library, saw someone posting on GitP. Closer inspection revealed his screen name. And not some newb poster; a real troll! I've been contemplating whether I should approach him or stalk him or send him weird private messages detailing how I'm stalking, but I think that sort of thing is illegal.

He's also in at least one of my classes.

What should I do (or not!)?

Totally Guy
2008-03-28, 03:39 AM
Depends, if it's The Koga see if you can fit him with some kind of tracking device.

Serpentine
2008-03-28, 03:40 AM
Name and/or shame. If 'twere me, I'd be all "OMG AWESOMESAUCE".

Cuddly
2008-03-28, 03:50 AM
I'm leaning more towards ****ing with him.

...now watch every male playgrounder who reads this to wonder if he's getting screwed with.

Totally Guy
2008-03-28, 04:22 AM
Oh thought you meant troll as in the evil kind.

Rockphed
2008-03-28, 05:46 AM
I'm leaning more towards ****ing with him.

...now watch every male playgrounder who reads this to wonder if he's getting screwed with.

Watch as this one doesn't care. Although if you are a cute girl, I wouldn't mind you messing with me. :smallamused:

Cobra_Ikari
2008-03-28, 06:29 AM
Alright, so it's not a hypothetical.

I was at the College's library, saw someone posting on GitP. Closer inspection revealed his screen name. And not some newb poster; a real troll! I've been contemplating whether I should approach him or stalk him or send him weird private messages detailing how I'm stalking, but I think that sort of thing is illegal.

He's also in at least one of my classes.

What should I do (or not!)?

...first, tell me if it's me. >.>

...after that, I have no clue. :smalltongue:

*hugs*...love the name, though.

Bookman
2008-03-28, 06:59 AM

Not me! :biggrin: I haven't posted from a college in FOREVER.

And as for finding someone.......that's a bit bizarre/creepy. Then again I once found someone who was a friend of a friend here. He didn't even remember me.

Archonic Energy
2008-03-28, 08:29 AM
ask him if he thinks it's about time for Roy to return...

then wait for the penny to drop. :smallamused:

RTGoodman
2008-03-28, 08:33 AM
ask him if he thinks it's about time for Roy to return...

then wait for the penny to drop. :smallamused:

I endorse this method. You don't have to use the exact message, but reference something that only OotS/Erfworld fans or members of these boards would know about, and just wait for the moment of realization.

Also, I know it isn't me - I don't post on public computers! :smallbiggrin:

captain_decadence
2008-03-28, 08:59 AM
I've been called out by people at my college for posting at the library, during class, at lunch. Yeah, so it could be me but probably not.

V Junior
2008-03-28, 09:09 AM
Call him by his screen name in a conversation. Then, drop a penny. See what happens.

Brickwall
2008-03-28, 09:33 AM
Oh, you should SO screw with this guy. I mean, seriously, this is a golden opportunity, and April 1st is coming up. Don't waste it.

Trog
2008-03-28, 10:34 AM
Oh, you should SO screw with this guy. I mean, seriously, this is a golden opportunity, and April 1st is coming up. Don't waste it.

Seconded..

thubby
2008-03-28, 03:26 PM
Seconded..

thirded (does that read as messed up to anyone else as it does to me?)

do try to keep it legal.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-03-28, 03:31 PM

Fourth-ed.

Also I ain't a troll but it might be me. I have lost of hours between lessons which I spend on GitP.

Nychta
2008-03-28, 03:38 PM
Fourth-ed.

Also I ain't a troll but it might be me. I have lost of hours between lessons which I spend on GitP.

Fifthed? I can't even pronounce that. Just screw with his mind already.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2008-03-28, 03:40 PM
Oooh! I got it. Have in inexpensive tee shirt made up. Pick a favorite Playgrounder for it so that it reads something like:

"Bor Rules!"
"I <3 Trog."
"Slayer of Egos"
"Brickwall is the new Chuck Norris."

Keep it with you, and when you see him, run off to make a quick change. Then stand where he's sure to catch it. Play dumb when he approaches and asks what the shirt means or where you got it. "No idea. A friend gave it to me." That kind of thing.

Of course, this obscure way of messing with someone's head may not work if he doesn't know who these people are, so try to find out where in the forums he's posting. :smalltongue:

Cobra_Ikari
2008-03-28, 03:43 PM
Oooh! I got it. Have in inexpensive tee shirt made up. Pick a favorite Playgrounder for it so that it reads something like:

"Bor Rules!"
"I <3 Trog."
"Slayer of Egos"
"Brickwall is the new Chuck Norris."

Keep it with you, and when you see him, run off to make a quick change. Then stand where he's sure to catch it. Play dumb when he approaches and asks what the shirt means or where you got it. "No idea. A friend gave it to me." That kind of thing.

Of course, this obscure way of messing with someone's head may not work if he doesn't know who these people are, so try to find out where in the forums he's posting. :smalltongue:

...this would be so awesome if the person is "famous" enough that you can make the shirt about them. Make sure you're really good at feigning ignorance, though. :smallsmile:

thubby
2008-03-28, 04:01 PM
you people do realize that any plan suggested here is now totally unusable, since the troll in question would know about the plan, right?

blademaster42
2008-03-28, 04:09 PM
Not neccasarily. Like Bor said, it would depend on what part of the forum he frequents. If he sticks to the oots/erfworld discussions, he may still be ignorant.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-03-28, 04:11 PM
Not neccasarily. Like Bor said, it would depend on what part of the forum he frequents. If he sticks to the oots/erfworld discussions, he may still be ignorant.

Or gaming parts.

Like Dr. Bath(Though I don't know if he's a Troll), He only frequents the SMBG and occasionally the A&C forums I think.

Brickwall
2008-03-28, 04:11 PM
Not everyone reads Friendly Banter, much less every thread that pops up in it. In fact, a good 60% of playgrounders I know aren't in FB. And then there's all the ones who stick to Comics and Gaming, both forums I avoid nearly entirely.

I like the t-shirt idea. Then again, I have a funny t-shirt obsession, so I'm biased.

Ego Slayer
2008-03-28, 04:14 PM
Whatever you do, I want to know who this is, eventually... just because of how awesome it is that you ran into another GitPer! :smallbiggrin:

Give him a hug for me, 'kay? :smallamused:

blademaster42
2008-03-28, 04:14 PM
I like the t-shirt idea. Then again, I have a funny t-shirt obsession, so I'm biased.

Heh, funny t-shirts for the win.

Also, I wish to one day be recognized as a troll.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-28, 04:18 PM
Or gaming parts.

Like Dr. Bath(Though I don't know if he's a Troll), He only frequents the SMBG and occasionally the A&C forums I think.

Bath would definitely be an option, I guess. He's in PbP too though. But there's plenty "famous" playgrounders...
Also, I think cuddly simply meant major poster by troll.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's not me, since I'm not that well known and I don't post in college. I make a point of it to avoid the library. That's where people go who actually study.

TigerHunter
2008-03-28, 04:43 PM
Or gaming parts.

SMBG doesn't increment your postcount, so I doubt he'd be a Troll.

Brickwall
2008-03-28, 04:55 PM
I'm a bit disappointed that it isn't me (I know, since I never go to the library). It'd be nice to meet another Playgrounder (well, most of them. Some I'd rather avoid because they'd try to kill them, and I'd be forced to roundhouse kick them) at least once in my lifetime.

Dr. Bath
2008-03-28, 05:00 PM
SMBG doesn't increment your postcount, so I doubt he'd be a Troll.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/solarturtle/detritus2.png

Dat unfair. Me no tro-oll.

Why'm I a troll now? It could have been me since I occasionally use the forum in my college's library... DUN DUN DUUUUNN! Or something.

Ego Slayer
2008-03-28, 05:04 PM
I'm trying to think of people... If I'm remembering correctly in which part of the world Cuddly is... I can only think of one person... who happens to be a she, not a he... hrm...:smallconfused:

Pyro
2008-03-28, 05:05 PM
Fifthed? I can't even pronounce that. Just screw with his mind already.

Sixthed!

Creepy thought: Person X could be reading this thread right now!!! :smalleek: :smalltongue:

Mauve Shirt
2008-03-28, 05:34 PM
Seventhed!

FireFox
2008-03-28, 05:37 PM
eighthed!

Funny thought: person X could be so oblivious that they have "n-ed" the plan.

Mr. Moon
2008-03-28, 05:59 PM
Nine'thd. I'm jellous of you, this is an oppourtunity ripe with potential.

I know a few people who read OotS, but don't post here. I saw one guy reading Erfworld once, though, but I didn't ask him if he was a Playgrounder.

You know what's fun? Asking random groups of people if they're playgrounders, and watching the looks of confusion. I havent' had that turn out with actualy meeting a playgrounder though, yet. >.<

FireFox
2008-03-28, 06:03 PM
There are all of like 5 active playgrounders in my state, and some of them aren't even in my area...

Moff Chumley
2008-03-28, 06:10 PM
I know two active playgrounders. Espressojet and ikrase. Both of whom you should hope to never, never, ever run into. Also, one guy who probably got banned a year or two ago, but I don't know. :confused:

Em Blackleaf
2008-03-28, 06:25 PM
I like the idea of screwing with him, but you should definitely tell him in time. Like this one time, my friend was pretending to be "her friend" and got someone to like her as "her friend" and she took it too far and ended up hurting feelings and she was soooo sad, but eventually, she told him what happened... *rambles*

Anyway, isn't it right that usually someone makes a motion, someone seconds it, theres a vote, and then the motion passes or doesn't? Where did you guys get "Nine'thd?" And shouldn't it be "Ninth'd?" :smalltongue:

There are a few Playgrounders that I know of in my state, but none of them in my area. That I know of (other than my brother, Krimm, but c'mon, he's in the same room as me right now).

I would have probably gone up to him and said, "Excuse me, I couldn't help but notice you're on one of my favorite websites. So, you like Giant in the Playground? My username is 'Em Blackleaf.'" Or something like that.

thubby
2008-03-28, 06:38 PM

there are 2 possibilities if she uses a suggestion here:
either he HAS read this thread, in which case any suggestion used would make him catch on immediately.
or he hasn't, then you're safe

on the other hand, using one not suggested will completely eliminate that risk.

why take the chance? :smallconfused:

Cuddly
2008-03-29, 03:11 AM
When I say troll, I mean he has something like 4000 posts or whatever it is to be a trollitp, as opposed to being a dwarfitp.

I'm not going to do anything... yet. This needs thinking and planning and masterminding. I'm also going to try and refrain from giving anything away about which playgrounder he is.

I'm almost 100% he's in a couple of my classes.
You know what would be ironic? If I started messing with the wrong guy, and he really didn't get it. Or better yet, he just pretended to be the wrong guy and was actually messing with my head.

[edit]
You could always PM me ideas.

Vaynor
2008-03-29, 04:33 AM
I like the idea of screwing with him, but you should definitely tell him in time. Like this one time, my friend was pretending to be "her friend" and got someone to like her as "her friend" and she took it too far and ended up hurting feelings and she was soooo sad, but eventually, she told him what happened... *rambles*

Anyway, isn't it right that usually someone makes a motion, someone seconds it, theres a vote, and then the motion passes or doesn't? Where did you guys get "Nine'thd?" And shouldn't it be "Ninth'd?" :smalltongue:

There are a few Playgrounders that I know of in my state, but none of them in my area. That I know of (other than my brother, Krimm, but c'mon, he's in the same room as me right now).

I would have probably gone up to him and said, "Excuse me, I couldn't help but notice you're on one of my favorite websites. So, you like Giant in the Playground? My username is 'Em Blackleaf.'" Or something like that.

IIRC from the "Where in the playground are you?" thread, I'm about a 45-60 min drive from where you live. Not terribly close but the closest I'm aware of.

Nychta
2008-03-29, 04:35 AM
You know what sucks for me? I live down in NZ, where most people are still riding moas for entertainment. Okay, I exaggerate. But the point stands; I doubt that there's anyone in my area who's active.

Also, why do people get so hung up on what post count they have? I live on SMBG because it's fun! Why would people post just so a little word under their username is changed? I don't get it.

Serpentine
2008-03-29, 04:39 AM
New Zealand
.........= Auckland - The Chilli God
.........= Auckland - Vuzzmop
.........= Hamilton - Dumbledore livesI know Vuzzmop's still posting, and I'm sure I saw the other two not that long ago. That's just from the last time the list was updated, I have a feeling I saw some others from NZ since.

EmeraldRose
2008-03-29, 08:46 AM
Honestly? I'd go with just walking up and introducing yourself (once you're certain it's the same guy), since it's a lot of fun to hang out with other Playgrounders.

Unless messing with him is really that much more attractive an idea...in which case you should totally pretend to be his biggest fan or something...:smallwink:

Emperor Ing
2008-03-29, 08:53 AM
Err, you are aware that this person has total access to this thread? :smallamused:

ufo
2008-03-29, 10:24 AM
Err, you are aware that this person has total access to this thread? :smallamused:

Err, are you aware that that possibility has been mentioned fourteen times or so?

Vaynor
2008-03-29, 03:52 PM

But they couldn't know who Cuddly was, so it makes no difference at all.

Woofsie
2008-03-29, 04:08 PM
Also, why do people get so hung up on what post count they have? I live on SMBG because it's fun! Why would people post just so a little word under their username is changed? I don't get it.

You... you're a pixie with 171 posts. :smalleek:

That's just wrong.

Copacetic
2008-03-29, 04:15 PM
Mess with him. Throw Notes at him that reference OOTS or Erf. Go with Bor's T-shirt idea. Graffitti his locker with famous quotes from OOTs or Erf. Or you could just introduce yourself.

Em Blackleaf
2008-03-29, 04:22 PM
Hm... I like the graffiti one. I would want to see his reaction.

IIRC from the "Where in the playground are you?" thread, I'm about a 45-60 min drive from where you live. Not terribly close but the closest I'm aware of.
Really? *looks* Thousand Oaks? I've been there! Neat!

Solo
2008-03-29, 04:24 PM
Cuddly, you're not living in VA, are you?

TRM
2008-03-29, 04:24 PM
But they couldn't know who Cuddly was, so it makes no difference at all.
Maybe The Person In Question does know who Cuddly is and is planning a wicked prank to pull when Cuddly tries to mess with His mind. Look out Cuddly!!!:smalltongue:

Zeb The Troll
2008-03-31, 01:53 AM
Also, why do people get so hung up on what post count they have? I live on SMBG because it's fun! Why would people post just so a little word under their username is changed? I don't get it.Most folks don't get hung up on it. In this case it's just a clue to help narrow down who the subject of the discussion might be.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-03-31, 02:01 AM
You... you're a pixie with 171 posts. :smalleek:

That's just wrong.

Before I had to switch usernames for certain reasons, I had thousands of posts and only ever made it to halfling.
I think...
All my posts were centered in SMBG and Town.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2008-03-31, 06:18 AM
I think maybe saying he was troll wasn't the best idea :smallwink:
They may already know!

I say you should put posters up around campus calling things about a "Giant in the Playground club" with the meting at "place you guys should all know".

Supagoof
2008-03-31, 01:33 PM
I say keep him guessing. Sending a PM that your watching him or what a nice "blue" shirt he's wearing today will help mess with his head, and then your still protected with the veil of cover known as the forums. When you're ready to let him off the hook, then meet him in public.

And yes, tomorrow = awesome time to pull it off.

Ranna
2008-03-31, 03:17 PM
you know what, am I the only one on this playground that just thinks, oh dont mess just say hi!

Having my head messed with would seriously creep me out

On a side note can we play the hot/cold game...like we give a descriptive sentance and u say hot/cold and we try to guess who it is I wanna have a guessing game and this is a dead good oportunity we should set up a SMBG on the boards!!!!!!!!!!! *claps hands in glee at the very thought*

Brickwall
2008-03-31, 03:21 PM
you know what, am I the only one on this playground that just thinks, oh dont mess just say hi!

:smallconfused:

Uhh...yeah, duh. If it was me being messed with, I'd think it was awesome. Well, pertaining to this forum, anyway.

Ranis
2008-03-31, 04:54 PM
Oh gods! They found me! *hides*

Cuddly
2008-04-07, 02:22 PM
So Solo, you taking organic chemistry this semester?

Player_Zero
2008-04-07, 02:52 PM
So Solo, you taking organic chemistry this semester?

...It's hard to tell if this is a bluff or not. I demand resolution!