PDA

View Full Version : [Creatures] Wakka-wakka!

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-03-28, 09:12 AM
Rubber Chicken Swarm

http://twistedoak.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/06/11/rubber_chicken_inventory.jpg

Tiny Construct (swarm)
Hit Dice: 3d10 (16 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (+1 dex, +4 size), touch 15, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/-
Attack: Swarm (1d6)
Full Attack: Swarm (1d6)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Bad joke, distraction
Special Qualities: Bounce back, buoyant , construct traits, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, half damage from piercing and slashing weapons, vulcanized
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +1
Abilities: Str 1, Dex 12, Con -, Int -, Wis 11, Cha 1
Skills: -
Feats: Ability Focus (bad joke)(B)
Environment: Any
Organization: Swarm, Guffaw (2-4 swarms), Comedy (5-11 swarms)
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: -
Level Adjustment: -

This appears as a great crowd of featherless chickens constructed of a a soft, bright yellow substance with comb and wattles dyed red, and dull black dots for eyes. Some are even blown up fat like balloons and hobble near weightlessly, while others slither along, too limp to support their own weight. Whatever their condition, they seem to move about haphazardly, bumping into one another, and being trampled by their brethren only to spring back up unhurt, all the while making drawn out clucking and bawking noises.

Rubber chicken swarms are decidedly rare and are said to be the sick joke of a Grey Jester mage. Used as a distraction they are rarely unsuccessful.

Combat
Rubber chicken swarms lie about in a harmless seeming pile, appearing as the amassed collection of a prankster until someone approaches and then they explode outwards with excited squawks to encompass the intruder. Others will simply arise and surround their opponent, causing great hilarity and then unexpectedly attacking while their opponent is overcome with laughter.

Bad Joke (Ex): Those who occupy the swarm's space at the beginning of their turn must succeed on a DC 13 will save or be affected as by Tasha's Hideous Laughter. If they make the save they are immune for as long as they remain within the swarm's space, though upon leaving and reentering they must make another save.

Bounce Back (Ex): A rubber chicken swarm is immune to bludgeoning, crushing, and falling damage.

Buoyant (Ex): Rubber chickens naturally float, and may move at their base speed on the surface of water, but have no special ability for movement if forced to submerge.

Distraction (Ex): Any living creature vulnerable to a rubber chicken swarm’s damage that begins its turn with the swarm in its square is nauseated for 1 round; a DC 11 Fortitude save negates the effect. Spellcasting or concentrating on spells within the area of the swarm requires a Concentration check (DC 20 + spell level). Using skills that involve patience and concentration requires a DC 20 Concentration check.

Vulcanized (Ex): A rubber chicken swarm is immune to cold, though lose the benefits of their bounce back ability for 1d4 rounds if they would sustain more than 5 points of cold damage

dman11235
2008-03-28, 11:35 AM
I read the title and saw that no one had commented so I thought I'd check it out. I couldn't stop laughing for five minutes. Great job Vorpal, you never dissapoint.

Stycotl
2008-03-28, 12:56 PM
this would be perfect to throw right into the middle of an extremely tense, serious campaign.

Admiral Squish
2008-03-28, 01:56 PM
You should rename Distraction to pun and make it a will save. I know a lot of puns are more than capable of creating the nauseated condition. :smallbiggrin:

Bhu
2008-03-28, 08:21 PM
My players are so fighting one of these someday.

Icewalker
2008-03-28, 08:36 PM
this would be perfect to throw right into the middle of an extremely tense, serious campaign.

That would be amazing.

Very nice, VT...kind of confusing, but awesome nonetheless.

Rockphed
2008-03-28, 11:29 PM
Ahhh, it wasn't Fozzie the Bear(or however you spell Kermit's friend).

Otherwise, very nice VT.

Fizban
2008-03-29, 01:41 AM
Vulcanized (Ex): A rubber chicken swarm is immune to cold, though lose the benefits of their bounce back ability for 1d4 rounds if they sustain more than 5 points of cold damage

I belive you meant "if they (would otherwise) sustain more than 5 points of cold damage", or however else you'd like to clarify it.

Jayngfet
2008-03-29, 07:14 AM
well, most of my antagonists are insane casters, this won't be too hard to work in, good job.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-03-30, 11:49 AM
Very nice, VT...kind of confusing
How so?

I belive you meant "if they (would otherwise) sustain more than 5 points of cold damage", or however else you'd like to clarify it.
Well yeah.

(I'm so articulate this morn!)

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-04-01, 07:58 AM
April fools bump! :smallbiggrin: