PDA

View Full Version : A psyche cloven with the strike of a blade [PrC]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-03-28, 08:08 PM
Warped Angel
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/Nny2/WarpedAngelIcon.jpg
Korr, a warforged angel beyond redemption

Warped angels are creatures that go beyond a mere fall from grace, they are the victims of the utter annihilation of their sanity. They are warriors of entropy and madness, inhuman reavers of life and happiness and knights of a darkness so dark even the gods cannot gaze upon it. Most warped angels were once heroes of righteousness and good, or just noble characters in generals who, because of some mind-altering event, have fallen from their high position and into the depths of madness and depravity.
They are masters of throwing themselves into melee with ferocity and insanity only capable by these warriors. Most warped angels are crusaders or warblades, but some martial variant core classes have been known to take warped angel levels, especially martial barbarians.

HD: d12

Requirements
Alignment: Chaotic neutral or Chaotic evil
BAB: +6
Skills: Knowledge (the planes) 4 ranks, Martial Lore 2 ranks
Feats: Power Attack
Maneuvers: Ability to use 3rd level maneuvers, including at least one strike and one stance.
Special: Must have at some point been under the confusion effect for an extended period of time, such as several months due to deep personal tragedy or an extreme alignment shift.

Class Skills: Balance, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (religion), Knowledge (the planes), Martial Lore, Move Silently, Ride, Swim and Tumble
Skill-points per level: 4+Int modifier

{table="head"]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
1st|+1|+2|+0|+0|Undeserved wings, entropic descent
2nd|+2|+3|+0|+0|Festering mind strike
3rd|+3|+3|+1|+1|Bonus feat
4th|+4|+4|+1|+1|Sadistic joy
5th|+5|+4|+1|+1|Twisted madness stance
6th|+6|+5|+2|+2|Strike of blackened wings
7th|+7|+5|+2|+2|Bonus feat
8th|+8|+6|+2|+2|Adamant insanity
9th|+9|+6|+3|+3|Stance of the blackened mind
10th|+10|+7|+3|+3|One with unhallowed madness
[/table]

{table="head"]Level|Man. Known|Man. Readied|Stances Known
1st|0|0|1
2nd|1|0|0
3rd|1|1|0
4th|0|0|0
5th|1|0|0
6th|1|0|1
7th|0|1|0
8th|1|0|0
9th|1|0|0
10th|0|0|0
[/table]

Weapon and Armor proficiencies: Warped angels gain no additional weapon or armor proficiencies.

Maneuvers: At each level but 1st, 4th 7th and 10th, a warped angel gains new maneuvers known from the Iron Heart, Shadow Hand or Tiger Claw disciplines. You must meet a maneuver's prerequisite to learn it. You add your full warped angel levels to your initiator level to determine your total initiator level and your highest-level maneuvers known.
At 3rd and 7th levels, you gain additional maneuvers readied per day.

Stances Known: At 1st and 5th levels, you learn a new martial stance from the Iron Heart, Shadow Hand or Tiger Claw disciplines. You must meet the stances prerequisites to learn it.

Undeserved Wings (Su): At first level, your body takes on the shape of the creatures you far from exemplify. You are capable of growing strong, feathery, white wings, capable of speedy flight at will as a move action. These wings give you a fly speed equal to twice your base land speed. If these wings are ever torn off or destroyed somehow, you can grow a new pair as a move action, but the damage is still done.
These wings only last for a number of minutes equal to your warped angel level until you reach 6th level, when they can remain indefinitely.

Entropic Descent (Ex): Your body is strong, and your mind is as unstable as possible. At first level, you gain immunity to confusion effects, but at levels 1, 4, 7 and 10, you take a -1 to your Wisdom score, which cannot be recovered by any means.

Festering Mind Strike (Su): At 2nd level, you can channel your utter madness through your weapon and infuse it into the mind of your enemy. This is treated just as a normal martial maneuver: you must ready it and expend it normally. It is a 4th level strike, and does not belong to any discipline. Making an attack roll as a standard action, your weapon deals an additional 5d6 points of damage and an amount of Wisdom damage depending on your initiator level(see below). Foes are allowed a Will save to negate the Wis damage(DC 14+Cha modifier). If the attack fails, nothing happens but the maneuver is still expended.

{table="head"]Initiator Level|Damage
5th-8th|1 Wis
9th-12th|1d4 Wis
13th-16th|1d6 Wis
17th-20th|2d6 Wis
[/table]

Bonus Feats: At 3rd level, and again at 7th you gain bonus feats taken from the list of fighter bonus feats. You must meet the feat's prerequisite to learn it.

Sadistic Joy (Ex): At 4th level, your mind bends a little further, and your love for harming others reflects on your very ability to do so. From this point on, you are considered to be under the effects of the sadism spell(see BoVD) with a caster level equal to your warped angel level.

Twisted Madness Stance (Su): At 5th level, you are capable of transforming yourself into a distorted version of the creatures you're named after. As a swift action you may lose all the benefits of your current stance to gain the benefits of this stance. While in this stance, your skin lightens a great amount, as if heavily bleached and is made tighter against your skeleton, your jaw widens and your teeth sharpen and become much harder and your mind knows how to ignore a certain level of pain and injury. You gain a bonus to natural armor equal to half your warped angel level rounded down, a primary bite attack that deals 1d6+Str modifier damage and a unique ability to stave off death. Whenever you would be dealt enough damage to be reduced to -10 hp, you can deal to yourself as much Wisdom burn equal to your initiator level. For each point of Wisdom burned this way, you negate 5 points worth of damage, with a maximum of your normal max hp. This regernative quality can only be used once per encounter.

Strike of Blackened Wings (Su): At 6th level, you gain a unique strike that channels not only your madness, but your corruption and entropy into the mind of your victim. This is treated just as a normal martial maneuver: you must ready it and expend it normally. It is a 6th level strike, and does not belong to any discipline. As a standard action, you make an attack roll against an opponent with a +2 bonus to this attack, if the strike hits the opponent takes 10d6 points of damage and must make a Will save(DC 16+Cha modifier) or become confused for 1d6 rounds and are forced to take on the effects of the morality undone spell(see BoVD). If the attack fails, nothing happens but the maneuver is still expended.
When this strike is used, the warped angel's wings and skin darken slightly for the next 1d6 rounds.

Adamant Insanity (Ex): There is nothing more fragile than a mind brought to insanity, but what has already been shattered can barely be shattered further. At 8th level your unholy madness grants you immunity to damage done to all of your mental ability scores, though the Entropic Descent class feature still functions normally. Additionally, if anyone attempts to read your mind by any means must make a Will save(DC 10+Half your initiator level+Cha modifier) or become confused for the next 1d8 rounds.

Stance of the Blackened Mind (Su): At 9th level, your madness seems to radiate about you like an invisible mist that digs into the psyches of those around you. As a swift action you may lose all the benefits of your current stance to gain the benefits of this stance. While in this stance, your very presence rips at your enemies minds, gaining a unique aura of fear. Any opponents within 30 feet of you must make a Will save (DC 10+half you initiator level+Cha modifier) or become frightened for 1d6 rounds and then confused for a following 2d6 rounds thereafter.
Those who succeed on this save become immune to the effects of that one warped angel's fear aura until they exit it and enter it again, where they must make the same save once again.

One With Unhallowed Madness (Ex): At 10th level, madness and physicality are one in the same for you. Your type changes to outsider with the augmented subtype, you gain DR 10/good and no longer require food, water or sleep to function. Additionally, anyone attempting to read your mind must make the same save as the Adamant Insanity ability or become permanently insane.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-03-28, 11:27 PM
I'd have to be crazy to bump this.

Kellus
2008-03-29, 12:08 AM
It's pretty cool, and I like the idea of an insane martial adept.

The only thing I have trouble with is that the connection to angels is pretty tenuous. I get the whole 'fall from grace' theme, but it just doesn't have any kind of connection to angels themselves.

On another note, the picture, and yea, the entire idea of a warforged angel is sickeningly cunning.

Also, the capstone is pretty sweet. Permanent insanity from reading their mind. Brilliant.

Fizban
2008-03-29, 01:37 AM
I think you meant DR 10/good, but other that that, it's pretty good. I agree with Kellus on the lack of angelic dis/connections, but that could be fixed easily if needed (add an alignment change prereq, or simply remove the angel theme).

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-03-29, 01:59 AM
I think you meant DR 10/good, but other that that, it's pretty good. I agree with Kellus on the lack of angelic dis/connections, but that could be fixed easily if needed (add an alignment change prereq, or simply remove the angel theme).

It actually is supposed to be good and evil, but that is a little ridiculous now that I think of it.

Stycotl
2008-03-29, 02:35 AM
it does seem to be going in two different directions. fallen angel is one direction, and psycho is another. the two can be brought together, and with the mechanics that you've given it, could be very cool. but i think it would require a little more fluff, with a little more specification, and a special prerequisite that is more than just confused once. i think an alignment change from something to chaotic evil or chaotic neutral would be spot-on for a prereq as well--i don't really see neutral evil as fitting, but whatever.

ex- must have been under an effect similar to the confusion or insanity spells for an extended period of time (a few months at least), or must have suffered from some trauma or tragedy so great that his or her mind shattered.

aaron out.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-03-29, 03:43 AM
it does seem to be going in two different directions. fallen angel is one direction, and psycho is another. the two can be brought together, and with the mechanics that you've given it, could be very cool. but i think it would require a little more fluff, with a little more specification, and a special prerequisite that is more than just confused once. i think an alignment change from something to chaotic evil or chaotic neutral would be spot-on for a prereq as well--i don't really see neutral evil as fitting, but whatever.

ex- must have been under an effect similar to the confusion or insanity spells for an extended period of time (a few months at least), or must have suffered from some trauma or tragedy so great that his or her mind shattered.

aaron out.

Changes have been made.
Edit: Additionally, I've also made a change to entropic descent so you can't make saves against the Wis removal, but it only happens 4 times.