PDA

View Full Version : Wild, baseless prediction. [FUTURE SPOILERS?(i hope)]

Tilian
2008-03-29, 05:08 AM
:xykon: : Surprise me.

Is it too much to hope that the surprise will be an new type of undead paladin that Tsukiko has whipped up? One that might wind up with the corpse's soul stuck in it due to the new wonky nature of the creature?

Perhaps an undead paladin that required a lot of glue and tapework to put back together? Alternatively, steam powered tank treads.

Perhaps someone who is half the woman she used to be?

Eh?

Eh?

And during the match, O-Chul realizes who it is, snaps her out of Tsukiko's control, both make a break for it, and Xykon's forces are left hunting down both of them since he has all that important info in his head.

And perhaps O-chul is gravely wounded during the course of all this, and he passes on what needs to be known to his traveling companion who is left with an all new mission to pursue with a new sense of purpose and maybe even a sense of humility.

Or the same sense of fanatacism she's long had.

C'mon, rogue undead :miko:.(Possibly with steam powered tank treads) What's not to love?

Or am I sleep deprived?

verloren
2008-03-29, 06:55 AM
C'mon, rogue undead :miko:.(Possibly with steam powered tank treads) What's not to love?

Or am I sleep deprived?

She's dead, Jim

Gamerlord
2008-03-29, 07:55 AM
i was thinking the same thing....well ok only with the miko undead part i hope she kills o-chul or he kills her but if she surives the battle remain in tussukios control

Callista
2008-03-29, 08:11 AM
I really doubt it.

For one thing, Tsu doesn't know that Miko was a high-level paladin; for another, she probably threw her body out with all the other body parts she couldn't use.

For another, when you get raised as undead by an evil necromancer, you don't just have the problem of being under their control. You also have the problem that you are now "Always Evil". Yeah, every once in a while there's undead that don't fit that, but not right after she raises 'em, and not Miko. I could see an intelligent undead creature slowly changing alignment over time; for example, non-evil negative-energy liches originate that way: Do a lot of evil, become a lich, and then mellow out over time, usually true neutral. Most liches don't go that way, but a few do. Same for others. Craving life energy of various sorts makes it less likely.

Then there's the theory that if Miko's corpse was raised, even as intelligent undead, then the resulting creature wouldn't have Miko's soul bound into it, meaning it wouldn't even be her; just her body animated by negative energy and a pseudo-soul, like an evil out-to-kill-all-life golem.

Anyway, lots of theories about that. It really differs depending on your game and your DM and your setting. We don't yet know which kind of undead Rich's world has.

Last point: D'you really think O-Chul would travel with an undead creature that lights up like a Christmas tree on his Detect Evil radar? He'd be much more likely--especially if it's a former comrade--to do his best to kill it. If the soul IS bound into the creature, he'd be doing them a great favor.

This doesn't stop Tsukiko from using one of the bodies of the dead paladins, though, if one survived intact.

ChaoticEvilGuy
2008-03-30, 12:42 AM
predictable.
I'm sure that 80% of the people that read that strip thought of the same thing (including myself).
although unlikley... I'm forced to agree with this.
Who else is dead that Tsuiko as access to their body and would be a major character. I mean cmon! you know it! I know it! everyone knows it! it's not going to be some random dead samurai from the battle it has to be a major character. a major character whos dead body Tsuiko has acess to. We all know she dismissed the idea but nows shes under orders of Xykon she may do it!
*whew* I guess my friends are right... I am long winded. just like :vaarsuvius:

David Argall
2008-03-30, 01:38 AM
The idea has definite possibilities, but I will bet it does not happen. I wouldn't mind being wrong. [I have plenty of misses in predicting the plot already.] But predicting something we predict will happen won't happen is a pretty good way to be right.

Ward.
2008-03-30, 01:44 AM
I'd be interested to see if it was some sort of reanimated gnome thing that she found while on patrol...

Jayngfet
2008-03-30, 04:21 AM
hmm, what was the not so subtle message right after miko's death.

so long and thanks for all the smites.

busterswd
2008-03-30, 07:00 AM
Simply because of all the jabs Rich has taken at trying to tell people Miko is DEADDEADDEADDEADDEAD, I doubt it. I don't think he'll want to incite the pages of Miko debates either, which pretty much took over this entire forum when she was alive.

Jayngfet
2008-03-30, 07:13 AM
Simply because of all the jabs Rich has taken at trying to tell people Miko is DEADDEADDEADDEADDEAD, I doubt it. I don't think he'll want to incite the pages of Miko debates either, which pretty much took over this entire forum when she was alive.

or he could have her animated

-for one frame, and then O-chul rips her spine out and beats a hobgoblin to death with it.

King of Nowhere
2008-03-30, 03:32 PM
It's unlikely; everyone tought of Miko, and the giant hate being so predictable; if he bring Miko back, he'll find a more unusual and unexpected way.