PDA

View Full Version : O-chul's courage (spoiler)

pendell
2008-03-29, 07:48 PM
So we see that O-chul is being interrogated for information on how the other gates are guarded.

Fact: O-chul doesn't KNOW how the other gates are guarded. The SG is specifically forbidden from seeking out knowledge of the other gates.

So why is the interrogation still going on? This is what should have happened:

RC: Zone of truth! Now, how are the other gates guarded?
O-chul: Dunno. I don't know anything about the other gates. Our oath forbades us finding out anything about them.
RC: Truth. So you don't actually know anything useful to me then?
O-chul: No.
RC: Truth. Okay... SLAY LIVING! ANIMATE DEAD!
O-chul : Brains.

=========
That didn't happen. Why didn't it happen? Because this is what is going down:

RC: Zone of truth! How are the other gates guarded?
O-chul: <silence>
RC: Playing tough, eh? Well, say hello to my friend THE RACK!

<Rinse and repeat every day>

==========
O-chul could have ended the interrogation the first day. By remaining silent, he forces RC to waste time trying to learn from him when there's nothing to learn.

It could very well be that O-chul himself, without assistance, is responsible for the Hobgoblins remaining in Azure City instead of marching on to their next gate. All he has to do is keep his mouth shut and pretend to know something he doesn't know.

Now THAT is gutsy. And heroic.

Although that raises a question. Why don't they just kill him and raise him as a vampire or a wight or whatever? Isn't there some kind of sentient undead that retains it's living memories but would nonetheless be totally obedient to X, RC and company? Why don't they do that?

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Zencao
2008-03-29, 08:05 PM
It's that reason that O-chul is now one of my favourite characters.

That and the while punching a shark while swimming in acid thing.

SlightlyEvil
2008-03-29, 08:43 PM
That and the while punching a shark while swimming in acid thing.

Pretty damned impressive for a character who was a glorified spear-carrier when we first meet him.

aapje
2008-03-29, 08:48 PM
O'Chul is Bad-ass even without a crown :p

Zencao
2008-03-30, 01:11 PM
The mandatory jokes where you replace 'chuck norris' with the name of a character and recite parts of 'the list' should be O-Chuls by virtue of sheer badass.

Lairship
2008-03-30, 01:19 PM
I never post in this area but...
Could he be gaining levels as he fights for the entertainment of the baddies?
Will we see him escape soon, summoning his mount for the first time? :smallcool:

Revanmal
2008-03-30, 03:20 PM
The mandatory jokes where you replace 'chuck norris' with the name of a character and recite parts of 'the list' should be O-Chuls by virtue of sheer badass.

O-Chul can defy the laws of physics. He can punch a shark in the face... yesterday.