PDA

View Full Version : 4th Edition???

RAGE KING!
2008-03-29, 08:31 PM
So i while back i got into DnD, like really into it, i had pirated all the books, i was getting started on buying them, (whenever i pirate something i promise myself i will eventually buy it) and then i realized it was turning into an addiction. so i forswore it for a while, and now i finally managed to turn it into a healthy hobby. but i remember that 4th edition was forthcoming (back when i was addicted) and there were a lot of threads, and people were cursing because they had just bought books, or whatever....

and now, a few months later, it seems that 3.5 is still dominant and there's no talk of 4th edition.

holywhippet
2008-03-29, 08:38 PM
So i while back i got into DnD, like really into it, i had pirated all the books, i was getting started on buying them, (whenever i pirate something i promise myself i will eventually buy it) and then i realized it was turning into an addiction. so i forswore it for a while, and now i finally managed to turn it into a healthy hobby. but i remember that 4th edition was forthcoming (back when i was addicted) and there were a lot of threads, and people were cursing because they had just bought books, or whatever....

and now, a few months later, it seems that 3.5 is still dominant and there's no talk of 4th edition.

There are 4th edition threads on this board, just take a scroll through if need be. It isn't actually out yet, the release date is the 6th of June for the three core rulebooks. Opinions on the previews are mixed, some love it, some hate it.

EvilElitest
2008-03-29, 08:56 PM
eh?

I don't really know what to say
from
EE

Swordguy
2008-03-29, 09:27 PM
Wait...June 6th?

So...it's D&D-day? Operation EVIL OVERLORD and all that?

senrath
2008-03-29, 09:33 PM
Did you just admit to pirating books on a forum that is run by a man published in said books? Really?

He did say he bought them as well.

streakster
2008-03-29, 09:34 PM
He said he bought some of them.

EDIT: Post you quoted deleted, by mistake. Sorry.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-03-29, 09:35 PM
He did say he bought them as well.Really? I'm still trying to understand what he was trying to say through the errors. :smallconfused:

Jayngfet
2008-03-29, 09:35 PM
I already yelled about the

tieflings, dragons,gnomes,halflings,sorcerers,drow,evil in fighting,death,discarding of d20, aasimar(or lack of balance thereof), dwarves, the way towns are expected to function(world of man eating monstrocities, you guys have horns and claws and can shoot fire come on in)

and odds are more things, unless we get more info on 4th edition I cant yell about it.

senrath
2008-03-29, 09:39 PM
Really? I'm still trying to understand what he was trying to say through the errors. :smallconfused:

I think that's what he said. Though now that I reread it I'm not sure if he actually bought them all, or just a few.

EvilElitest
2008-03-29, 09:42 PM
I already yelled about the

tieflings, dragons,gnomes,halflings,sorcerers,drow,evil in fighting,death,discarding of d20, aasimar(or lack of balance thereof), dwarves, the way towns are expected to function(world of man eating monstrocities, you guys have horns and claws and can shoot fire come on in)

and odds are more things, unless we get more info on 4th edition I cant yell about it.

Well have haven't complained about 4E at all. Nope, wonderful system that
from
EE

RAGE KING!
2008-03-29, 09:47 PM
Okay, thanks for your help. I guess the hype has kinda died down since everybody knows it's coming and has already discussed it to no end.

I pirated a lot of books. I admit this.
I bought most of the ones I pirated.
I intend to buy the remaining ones.

Roland St. Jude
2008-03-29, 10:03 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Please don't discuss pirating books here.