PDA

View Full Version : Did Xykon stand up for someone?

paladinofshojo
2008-03-29, 09:04 PM
Just wondering if my eyes didn't decieve me when Xykon was defending the new hobgolin general/officeboy Jirix when Redcloak was scolding him for not doing his work.I mean comeone, it's :xykon:!!!!!!!!!:smallconfused:

FoE
2008-03-29, 09:09 PM
Ah, it's just one guy covering for his homeboy (although in this case we're talking about an evil lich and a hobgoblin overlord).

aapje
2008-03-29, 09:13 PM
Well it's no fun to bet alone so he is just protection his source of entertainment :smalltongue:

SteveMB
2008-03-29, 09:21 PM
Just wondering if my eyes didn't decieve me when Xykon was defending the new hobgolin general/officeboy Jirix when Redcloak was scolding him for not doing his work.I mean comeone, it's :xykon:!!!!!!!!!:smallconfused:

I see it as more Xykon blowing off Redcloak's criticism of their fun and games than his specifically defending Jirix. If Jirix were so foolish at to seriously annoy Xykon, I don't think he'd extend any more goodwill than he does to any other minion.

Phase
2008-03-29, 09:22 PM
Meh, Xykon needs a lackey, and Tsukiko doesn't work. He stands up for Redcloak at times, especially when hurting someone together...

snoopy13a
2008-03-29, 09:23 PM
Well it's no fun to bet alone so he is just protection his source of entertainment :smalltongue:

Yeah, even lich sorcerors need people to hang out with.

Jayngfet
2008-03-29, 09:24 PM
hey, its someone chaotic enough to skip work to hang out with you in a rigidly lawful society, and redcloak has other things to do, you think that a skeleton wants to be left alone with a necrophiliac

paladinofshojo
2008-03-29, 09:32 PM
you think that a skeleton wants to be left alone with a necrophiliac

good point:smallbiggrin:

Phase
2008-03-29, 09:33 PM
good point:smallbiggrin:

Depends on how *Ahem* Lonely he gets...

aapje
2008-03-29, 09:35 PM
Xyklon isn't into living beings (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0446.html)

paladinofshojo
2008-03-29, 09:49 PM
anyway, dont' you guys think it's sort of not-like Xykon to defend anyone EVEN his own henchmen except for his own benefit, and I doubt that some hobgoblin general will help him in the long run.

Phase
2008-03-29, 09:52 PM
But since when does Xykon think about 'the long run'?

SteveMB
2008-03-29, 09:53 PM
anyway, dont' you guys think it's sort of not-like Xykon to defend anyone EVEN his own henchmen except for his own benefit

Precisely. He was dismissing Redcloak's complaint for his own benefit (i.e. he wanted to throw a fun little torture-the-paladin party, and Redcloak was bringing down the mood).

Prowl
2008-03-29, 10:14 PM
Depends on how *Ahem* Lonely he gets...

He DID mention that he needs a way to fill those other 16 hours of his day.

SoD spoiler, I think:

And he does seem to have an, uh... "unnatural" fetish for getting buffed with skull wax.

There's always Twister with the Kobolds.

paladinofshojo
2008-03-31, 08:32 PM
Precisely. He was dismissing Redcloak's complaint for his own benefit (i.e. he wanted to throw a fun little torture-the-paladin party, and Redcloak was bringing down the mood).

Yeah but Xykon is actually taking responsability for his own actions, doesn't that seem STRANGE?!!

factotum
2008-04-01, 12:22 AM
Yeah but Xykon is actually taking responsability for his own actions, doesn't that seem STRANGE?!!

Why? Xykon is the most powerful person for miles around, it's no skin off his nose (literally, in fact :smallsmile: ) to admit to wrongdoing every now and again...especially when it's obvious he's just doing it to get Redcloak off his back so he can make alternative arrangements.

thogcool1242
2008-04-01, 04:44 PM
I dont think hes standing up for him as much as hes trying to piss off redcloak

Firestar27
2008-04-01, 07:57 PM
He's not standing up for someone. He's standing up for the idea of slacking off. That idea is very important to Xykon.

paladinofshojo
2008-04-01, 11:50 PM
But last time I saw it, it clearly was that Xykon was defending his hencmen's henchmen's right to slack off as well. Why would Xykon care about anyone else's problems since as an undead, you probably don't tend to care about people who are NOT YOU. Since he was talking about Jirix as in I quote "I told him to lay of the work and hang with the cool kids for the afternoon" if he wanted to simply dismiss Redcloak's whining shouldn't he of said something like this?

:redcloak: Do you people realize how far behind we are as is?!! And what are you doing here Jirix don't you have work to do?!!!:smallmad:

:xykon: Hey recloak you hear that? THAT'S THE SOUND OF NO ONE CARING!!:smallyuk:

factotum
2008-04-02, 12:20 AM
Yeah, because telling Redcloak to stop whining always works really well, doesn't it? Xykon's not stupid, he knows the easiest way to get Redcloak off his back so he can go and do something fun instead of arguing the toss...